Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 06:55   Link #961
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
What wavehawk is referring to is the GAU-13, which is a cut down 4-barreled version of the Avenger, carried in the GPU-5 gunpod. The idea was that you'd stick one on these on an F-16's centerline station and use it for strafing. It was unsatisfactory in service, given that after ten rounds it was hilariously inaccurate.
- "Hilariously" is putting it very kindly. An F-16 firing the gunpod would find itself almost stalling because the recoil was reducing their forward airspeed. However, flying faster didn't exactly help the accuracy any, either.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:03   Link #962
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Ah okay.
On another note with the A-10, it kept on flashing past my mind that Gundam Heavyarms Custom would make a very good partner.
Because of that....

Now i am designing a new TSF based on A-10 Thunderbolt II. Just an improved version of it just like what I did in Type-00R Takemi turning it into Type-00XS Super Takemi. YF-23 to F-23XS Strike Black Widow 'Oberon'. Technically YF-23 with Moorcock Lechte Engine installed that has a faulty Rutherford Field which cant be used!

I'm Calling it A-10 Mk III 'Warthog'!!!

Put in some land spinners on the feet to increase mobility. A-10 with roller blades. Now that's what I call awesome. Problem with mobility solved!

More durable hydraulics for joints.

Sturdier but heavier frame to allow carrying two more GAU-10 for hand carry purpose and 3 more additional ammunition barrels at the back of the unit. Who needs SSG when you got the badassery of gatling guns on your two hands!

CIDS Mk.II for better anti tank protection. An improved and refined version of the already deadly CIDS. Now tanks are now more welcome to attach them selves to

Since you got already a very sturdy frame why not add Rocket Launchers on Warthog's arms or legs! Additional Fire power is always welcome!

Hahaha there is no problem that can't be solve by FIREPOWER. Don't you agree?
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:06   Link #963
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...you've been watching Ayu and Mayu at work, haven't you?

Have you given any thought as to how big an engine you'd need for the landspinners on somethign as big and heavy as an A-10?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:11   Link #964
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
Because of that....

Now i am designing a new TSF based on A-10 Thunderbolt II. Just an improved version of it just like what I did in Type-00R Takemi turning it into Type-00XS Super Takemi. YF-23 to F-23XS Strike Black Widow 'Oberon'. Technically YF-23 with Moorcock Lechte Engine installed that has a faulty Rutherford Field which cant be used!

I'm Calling it A-10 Mk III 'Warthog'!!!

Put in some land spinners on the feet to increase mobility. A-10 with roller blades. Now that's what I call awesome. Problem with mobility solved!

More durable hydraulics for joints.

Sturdier but heavier frame to allow carrying two more GAU-10 for hand carry purpose and 3 more additional ammunition barrels at the back of the unit. Who needs SSG when you got the badassery of gatling guns on your two hands!

CIDS Mk.II for better anti tank protection. An improved and refined version of the already deadly CIDS. Now tanks are now more welcome to attach them selves to

Since you got already a very sturdy frame why not add Rocket Launchers on Warthog's arms or legs! Additional Fire power is always welcome!

Hahaha there is no problem that can't be solve by FIREPOWER. Don't you agree?
Pictures. I DEMAND THEM. NOW. Also, good luck on the huge-ass engines.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 07:24   Link #965
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The ME3 Avenger is a crappy POS gun that's only useful on Bronze and only for a power-reliant class, and only worth carrying if you haven't done any of the Weekend Challenges and gotten yourself a Hurricane, which is hands down best SMG ever. The GAU-8 Avenger is everything I wish I had in that game, hence my attempt to mod the game to give me an Avenger analogue.
It also makes a really awful sound, and generally looks bad. It's also the default rifle for everyone, which pisses me for no end, because it just shows how far some elements of Bioware have been dropping ball on the lore - Alliance is supposed to be using N7 Valkyrie, not Avenger (Which in reality is a ***** copy of M-7 Lancer); Turians are meant to use Pheaston etc.

Also, if you're power-reliant, chances are you're using either Geth SMG or Carnifex. In fact, now that SMGs have a piercing mod, you don't actually need any other gun that Geth SMG. It's so brutal against absolutely everything that it's almost not funny. They key is to not aim it.

Or you know, carry Tier-10 Harrier. Because it works with everything.

Also, I finally know why Harbinger sounded so familiar to me - the guy voicing him did Dimitri Yuriev in Xenosaga. Who knew?

Which brings us to Muv-Luv point: Xenosaga's E.S in Muv-Luv? Yes please. Except Judah, because that bastard can kill Superior in under 10 seconds.
Or KOS-MOS. You know, the Gnosis and BETA are not that different.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:03   Link #966
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It also makes a really awful sound, and generally looks bad. It's also the default rifle for everyone, which pisses me for no end, because it just shows how far some elements of Bioware have been dropping ball on the lore - Alliance is supposed to be using N7 Valkyrie, not Avenger (Which in reality is a ***** copy of M-7 Lancer); Turians are meant to use Pheaston etc.
And if you have Citadel DLC, you get the M-7 Lancer, which is superior to the Avenger in almost every way. Though Valkyrie is supposed to be for N7s only, IIRC.

Quote:
Also, if you're power-reliant, chances are you're using either Geth SMG or Carnifex. In fact, now that SMGs have a piercing mod, you don't actually need any other gun that Geth SMG. It's so brutal against absolutely everything that it's almost not funny. They key is to not aim it.
Sorry, I disagree - Hurricane >>> Geth SMG. Does same damage as a Harrier, significantly lighter (200% cooldown), and more ammo.

Quote:
Or you know, carry Tier-10 Harrier. Because it works with everything.
You has Harrier X? The Jelly is strong with me.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:18   Link #967
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Wha? No way, I don't have a Harrier. But a lot of people I played with have it.

And that would have to depend. I used Hurricane for a long time (before it was MP weapon), and I always found that while very powerful and has a huge ammo reserve, it's always more limited in ranged combat than other smgs, even when not aiming (btw, it's really hilarious that guns like Hornet and Geth SMG are more accurate when not aiming). Also, while you get huge clips, you eat through those clips equally fast. I dunno. Maybe it's just personal bias, but I've found it easier to consistently well-mod my Geth SMG than Hurricane. Also, Geth SMG is light enough with appropriate lightweight materials, or high enough level.

Of course, this all depends on your individual play style. I prefer to have more accurate damage output over longer rangers than a huge damage output, but only accurate up to some point. Of course, the only character I really use SMGs with is my Geth Engineer or Turian Sentinel. Geth gets bonuses to its own weapons, while Turian gets bonus damage and even more accuracy, allowing me to hit stuff across the map, if the map is not too big. But yeah, a Vanguard will work better with Hurricane - but then you might as well get Reegar Carbine.

The most fun setup I've ever done though, was Tempest on N7 Destroyer with maxed grenades. Nothing says "contempt" like popping up Devastator mode, grenading and following with unending shot barrage.

Also, noting says that Valkyrie was N7 exclusive (lore-wise), quite the opposite, it was designed to replace Lancer after Battle of Citadel as the main weapon of Alliance infantry.

Also, to keep this relevant, My N7 Vanguard is named after Yuuya.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 10:46   Link #968
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Pictures. I DEMAND THEM. NOW. Also, good luck on the huge-ass engines.
Who in the nine levels of hell said I need huge ass engines?

I simply put 6 engines on a single jump unit! or at least 4 engines on a single jump unit

Now who's gonna bitch about A-10 Mk. III being slow as ****?

While the operational time would be abysmal to say at least even if it has bigger fuel storage when it moves still it is an innovation that no one thought before. Now A-10 Mk. III can bring fire power anywhere around the battlefield and still escape before BETA retaliates. I think we may need to swap 1 of the Ammo barrels into fuel containers if we want to improve A-10 Mk. IIIs operational time however if it was a defensive engagement I think I would retain the 3rd ammo barrel. You know, additional ammo is always welcome in the battlefield?

I was also thinking of adding another set of missile launchers on shoulder armors.

Question: What's better than Single gatling guns?

Answer: 2 Gatling Guns!

Mount another GAU-8 Avenger on each shoulder of A-10 Mk. III. Now you have more FIREPOWER!

Now I wonder why hasn't any one thought of mobile artillery? I know there's laser class but still if there was a mobile artillery it would reduce the man power needed since all you need to do was to deploy 1 flight or a single squad of TSF/A rather a whole company of artillery regiments. I know the TSF/A doesn't have the fire power that a company can project but they had the mobility that the company doesn't have. this gives the command the tactical advantage not to mention making thinning operations easier. I know there's an SSG but still nothing can beat a dedicated artillery unit in terms of projecting firepower.

I hereby propose the construction of AC-130 Spectre. We are on a mission with God. Khorne that is.

God fights on the side with best artillery was said by Napoleon once. And again it will be proven.

I'm gonna include those 2 TSF/As on my fan created Mercenary corporation of B to S rank Mercenaries 'Pandemic Legion' named after Grand Pa Nurgle's pandemic tendencies but without the epedemic tendencies of our dear grand father. It is more dedicated to Khorne since this mercenary legion is dedicated on spilling BETA blood, and spread the epedemic called 'Fear' among all the enemies.

Last edited by maxxus0923; 2013-04-22 at 13:32. Reason: FIRE POWER B*****
Old 2013-04-22, 20:11   Link #969
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Ehhh. It's not a Mk. III. There was no MK. II in the first place man.
I thought you served with Tzeentch!

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-04-22, 21:19   Link #970
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Ehhh. It's not a Mk. III. There was no MK. II in the first place man.
I thought you served with Tzeentch!
You do know A-10 is also called Thunderbolt II,right?
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:23   Link #971
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

There was no Thunderbolt in the first place. Just like F-35 is called Lightning II. There was no Lightning. Or Thunderbolt.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-04-22, 23:51   Link #972
EagleBlue

Quote:
There was no Thunderbolt in the first place. Just like F-35 is called Lightning II. There was no Lightning. Or Thunderbolt.
Actually there was a Lightning I and Thunderbolt I. Both were prop planes used during WWII. (P-28 and P-47)
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:13   Link #973
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Exactly. Unlike the British, who'd use various marks for their Spitfires and Hurricanes, the US dispenses with that; the numeral is only if another aircraft has held that name.

Another example is the A-7 Corsair II, which is named after the F4U Corsair. In Muv-Luv: DYRL, we have the VF-8 Crusader II, which is named after the F-8 Crusader.

In this case, your upgraded Franken hog would be A-10E, perhaps. Note that in US nomeculture, "odd" letters (A, C, E) are used for single seat craft, while "even" letters (B, D, F) are used for twin seaters. Generally. G is also used for Wild Weasel modified aircraft, for example the F-4G and the EA-18G, which can Wild Weasel in addition to jamming.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:16   Link #974
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

D'oh.
I stand corrected then.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-04-23, 02:13   Link #975
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Sorry my friend! I am not an Aircraft junkie much! But I love aircraft still!

Anyway... why hasn't the whole MuvLuv verse thought of mobile TSF/A Arty's? seriously they need one

OOOOOOOHHHHH Someone get me a AC-130 Spectre
Old 2013-04-23, 02:25   Link #976
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxus0923 View Post
Sorry my friend! I am not an Aircraft junkie much! But I love aircraft still!

Anyway... why hasn't the whole MuvLuv verse thought of mobile TSF/A Arty's? seriously they need one

OOOOOOOHHHHH Someone get me a AC-130 Spectre
Get behind the J-20, PAK-FA and CFA-44.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-04-23, 02:38   Link #977
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

Quote:
Get behind the J-20, PAK-FA and CFA-44.
On the other note... get me a XF/AB-32 Fenrir. Digital Stealth, Plasma Weaponry and LRSWM
Old 2013-04-23, 03:34   Link #978
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

At least we have a Nosferatu up.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-04-23, 03:42   Link #979
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

isn't that f-22 raptor?
Old 2013-04-23, 04:31   Link #980
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

No, it comes with railguns.

柚香マイワイフ!<3