AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-10-07, 10:01   Link #921
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well the same happened with Railgun manga that originally was a Kuroko spin off that had the script changed to feature Misaka as mc due to her popularity.
Old 2018-10-07, 10:05   Link #922
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
They probably want to feed upon Accel's popularity, I mean come on many people would pick it up simply it feature Accel as the main character
True, Accel is quite popular, though I wasn't expecting this.

Maybe the idol spinoff might get an anime too.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 14:08   Link #923
Side-streetdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Cant believe they actually want to animate the bull that is accels manga. 48 chapters and literally nothing of real value happened, are people that interested in seeing filler: the anime?
Knowing Kamachi.exe if manga has not enough material
He probably write whole new arc for anime
Old 2018-10-07, 14:59   Link #924
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I have the feeling the studio might try to reintroduce us to Accel and LO relationship by rehashing Tender or Sweet chapter.
Old 2018-10-07, 15:50   Link #925
alex_drian

I think the first arc only can give 12/13 episodes, but true, in Railgun they have a original arc. All is up to the studio.

Btw, I just realized that the designs are different to the normal style and are those of the manga, which seems weird to me because is the same studio, but I suppose is fine?

In SS Saintia Sho I give them a lot of shit for use the Araki designs instead of the beautiful original designs, but really here I would have liked the anime designs.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 17:01   Link #926
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

From that short PV they've shown it looked more stylised than the manga designs.
Old 2018-10-08, 08:58   Link #927
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
From that short PV they've shown it looked more stylised than the manga designs.
They look as current manga designs but in the beginning they were shit.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-10, 11:24   Link #928
Liuen

Just realized something.
I was rereading the first arc in preparation for the anime, and I have the confess that the first time the Kabbalah stuff flew completely over my head. But after reading the latest arc in the novels, things make a scary amount of sense.

First, Isaac wanted to become a god and transcend. How? By sublimating body and soul. The sublimation of the soul was made through the ascension of the Sephiroth. But when he tried, he was contacted by a "self-proclaimed demon". Now, which demon do we now that resides in the Sephiroth?

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Kamachi's foreshadowing are on another level even when it's inter-series.
Liuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-22, 03:00   Link #929
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I really have to give props to this post, Liuen. While this manga's credibility is basically in the gutter with its horrendous pacing, you've at least been able to prove that there is a bigger point to it and its relation to the main series.

Even with the knowledge of Coronzon existing and the mention of the demon, I couldn't really link the two of them without a purpose. Turns out I was missing the deeper understanding of how Coronzon operates and some of the details regarding Thelema.

Bravo.
Old 2019-06-24, 04:36   Link #930
itine
No Book No Live

Images
Cover of Dengeki Daioh August 2019 issue (June 27, 2019 release)
Images
July Bookmark bonuses
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 04:43   Link #931
WingedAccelerator

I stopped reading the manga after the first arc was over. Is there someone that is up to date? Is it worth catching up, or it's still really slow, and mostly boring?
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 14:54   Link #932
KiharaRonin

I'm up to date and I think its kinda slow but also an interesting read. I'd catch up on it and make your own opinion because while I like it, I don't really know how common an opinion that is. This arc is an improvement on the first Arc in some ways but the first arc also had some cooler concepts.
Old 2019-12-31, 08:22   Link #933
LevelSeven

Ch59 is out and im still wondering what the people behind this manga are thinking,

this has to be one of the worst spin offs i have ever seen, not because of the art even if that one is a real weakness,

what i hate more than anything is this plot that basically has nothing to offer, even astral buddy has a more interesting plot going on and that series i first thought to be a short joke series instead of anything serious.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 14:32   Link #934
ghost013

I keep seeing posts about the manga ending, but I haven’t been able to find any official sources that confirm it. Is it true?
Old 2020-06-26, 15:12   Link #935
devil_slayer

Yeah the manga is ending next month I think.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 17:58   Link #936
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Good. This spinoff has far outstayed its welcome. Give us a Dark Matter continuation instead.
Old 2020-06-26, 18:36   Link #937
ghost013

To be honest, Dark Matter wasn’t all that much better than Accelerator. Granted it was only one volume, but based on what I read, poor pacing, disappointing villain, plot that went nowhere, little character development, etc. The only thing better it did was the art.
Old 2020-06-26, 21:03   Link #938
devil_slayer

Astral buddy manga is also apparently ending soon.

Either they are doing a cleanup or Toaru is ending soon.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 21:37   Link #939
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

If Index was ending they wouldn't have started GT.

Accel manga ending makes sense since there aren't many more stories they can do within the timeline.

Anything they want to do with Astral Buddy they can just do in Railgun. They might even want to try some new mangas with other characters as well.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-26, 22:57   Link #940
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
To be honest, Dark Matter wasn’t all that much better than Accelerator. Granted it was only one volume, but based on what I read, poor pacing, disappointing villain, plot that went nowhere, little character development, etc. The only thing better it did was the art.
Dark Matter to me was a glorified oneshot; a proof of concept that demonstrated that you could have Kakine as a protagonist and have things that fans would want some expansion on (his character and backstory). It demonstrated that well; that there's something worth exploring.

Accelerator never did that. Accelerator being an edgy powerhouse wasn't what made him a compelling character; it was his gradual character development from an irredeemable monster to a genuine human/hero by the end of OT and his bond with Last Order.

This manga focused more on him being the edgy powerhouse/monster and otherwise did nothing. The Necromancer Arc was interesting in its display of Necromancy, Accelerator's first encounter with magic, his bizarre relationship with the Sisters, his brutal take-down of the Scavengers, the first manifestation of his black wings; and was half decent foreshadowing to how the Coronzon incident would be resolved in NT22. It just didn't need 7 volumes to tell that story.

Onthe other hand, the Nectar Arc has been a complete waste of time. The only interesting that came out of it was the panel with the heroes and the hero seats because it was the only thing to link back to his character struggles from OT.

Quote:

Now that's actually surprising. I thought it was well received. Are we sure it's not just the arc's climax? There's potential for more story afterwards.

If Accel and AB are both ending, then once Railgun's current arc ends (as well as Railgun T), the franchise will be moving into a new era/phase spearheaded by a focus on GT, Index manga and Railgun.