AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-05-07, 02:09   Link #881
AnimeFangirl

The story chapters are free up to chapter 40 too, yay for free crystals.
If in doubt, you can't go wrong getting a GW dagger or harp. They're useful all the way into endgame.
Old 2017-05-18, 17:09   Link #882
AnimeFangirl

Wahaha, rejoice with me! I've finally completed my class champion weapon! Now I, too, can be a berserker! Let me at that Bahamut HL!
Old 2017-05-18, 17:47   Link #883
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not to be a killjoy, but I'd recommend you to max asap Sage, Ruler and Sparta. Even then, I'd rather put more priority on Elysian, Gizoku and Warlock than Berserk.
Old 2017-05-18, 18:54   Link #884
AnimeFangirl

Thanks for the advice! It turns out I don't have enough prestige pendants to get the distinctions needed for Berserker and I'm too lazy to grind up some more. But I already have the distinctions for Elysian, Chaos Ruler, Sage and Warlock, so I just finished unlocking those. So happy~
Old 2017-05-22, 20:02   Link #885
zerodragon

i have a question with unite betting? it was clean which teams were going to win that three round, so why did everyone vote for other teams? i got 211 for the right order but teams that where not winning that day got 3000 pay out, did i miss something?
Old 2017-05-22, 20:55   Link #886
AnimeFangirl

I don't really get the question. You got 211 crystals for guessing right and other people got 3000 crystals for guessing wrong? Is that possible?
Old 2017-05-24, 15:05   Link #887
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't really worth it simply because it doesn't really goes well with the swords, even if you have Zeus.
If anything, it would be better to have a composition of several crystal luin + the UKN wand from Tales of event, which is kind of clunky.
Old 2017-05-26, 19:25   Link #888
AnimeFangirl

Grinding Xeno Ifrit raids is too tedious. I've been through two Xeno Ifrit events and I only have one 0* axe to show for it. >_>
Old 2017-05-27, 00:31   Link #889
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
No kidding. I have plenty of all the items except for the infernal vajra, which barely drop at all.
They drop guaranteed from the Nightmare versions but I can only get two of those to appear each day because they only appear after maniacs but won't appear after dozens of extreme versions.
Then the vajra barely ever drops from the raid version. I've done many of those as well in just this event, and in an entire day of grinding it I had only one vajra drop. This is ridiculous. -_-
Old 2017-05-27, 16:42   Link #890
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
No kidding. I have plenty of all the items except for the infernal vajra, which barely drop at all.
They drop guaranteed from the Nightmare versions but I can only get two of those to appear each day because they only appear after maniacs but won't appear after dozens of extreme versions.
Then the vajra barely ever drops from the raid version. I've done many of those as well in just this event, and in an entire day of grinding it I had only one vajra drop. This is ridiculous. -_-
From this I can already tell you didn't do dozen of Extreme at all.
Hell always appear after every four consecutive Extreme.
Don't complain if you are not grinding hard enough.
Not to mention Xeno Ifirit is stupidly easy now.
He was already doable if you simply complete a standard Water Manga grid. Now he is dying even harder with Gabriel Wand.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-27, 21:17   Link #891
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well I dont know what's going on then, because I was absolutely grinding the extremes hoping for the Nightmare/hell to pop. It hasn't. So I've been grinding the raid version instead, which doesn't give many vajras at all. I get as many as 4 xeno anima from joining a single raid (thanks to getting MVP), but today I've gotten two vajras from joining about 15 raids so far. (I may have joined more, but I had errands to run). The other day, as I said, I got one vajra in a whole day of grinding the raid, joining and hosting.
I never once said I couldn't beat Xeno Ifrit. I absolutely can, and I don't even hav e a Gabriel wand yet. (Still grinding for Celeste claws and Luminiera guns........) But that doesn't matter much if it's not giving me the items I need.
As I said though, I have other interests outside of this one game. That said I'm grinding this event much harder than normal in anticipation of the lower reward ratio that I'm experiencing right now. If the Nightmare/hell version is supposed to be coming out more often from extremes then I don't know what's going on, because it's not happening for me.
Old 2017-05-27, 21:22   Link #892
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Vajra are mainly dropped in the hell version, whereas the anima is in the raid, so you have to do both either way.
Also, yeah, they pretty much changed Xeno ifrit like they did for Mana: Xeno Ifrit Hell will always show up if it didn't trigger after 4 consecutive EX version of it.
Old 2017-05-27, 21:29   Link #893
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Yeah, I know the you need to do both. I'm sitting on 62 xeno anima and only 13 vajras now. I've way overshot my xeno anima requirement for my third axe (you only need 10) and am still short 7 vajras for it. Like I said, the nightmare/hell has rarely been popping for me unless I do the maniac.
As I said above, I dunno what's going on then. I just did 7 extremes in a row last night (and a bunch more earlier that day) with no nightmare/hell pop. I hope my game/profile/whatever isn't glitched ........
Old 2017-05-28, 21:05   Link #894
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Same here, they don't call them "infernal" for nothing. But I just got lucky with an axe drop from a Nightmare so I just have one more till I can get my first MLB axe. Forget about two FLBs, that's just crazy talk.

Quote:
After the last Xeno Ifrit event, they fixed it so Nightmare always appears after every 4 Extreme battles, or sooner if you're lucky. What's probably happening is that you're so busy farming Extreme that you haven't been checking the Special event page to see if a Nightmare has been triggered. Be sure to check after every 4 Extreme battles. Be sure you're not fighting regular Ifrit Extreme by accident... If it's still not happening for you, report the issue to the developers.

Quote:
I only use the raid versions as a way to rank up my Tier IV classes. The (very) occasional infernal drop is just icing on the cake.

On another topic, does anyone know if Bahamut HL trains are ever organized? Dark pot sounds like an unreliable waste of time. I don't mind helping others get their Coda if they'll help me with mine.
Old 2017-05-28, 21:27   Link #895
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Same here, they don't call them "infernal" for nothing. But I just got lucky with an axe drop from a Nightmare so I just have one more till I can get my first MLB axe. Forget about two FLBs, that's just crazy talk.
Yeah, I'm not particularly crazy about fgrinding this thing for another FLB axe myself....

Quote:
After the last Xeno Ifrit event, they fixed it so Nightmare always appears after every 4 Extreme battles, or sooner if you're lucky. What's probably happening is that you're so busy farming Extreme that you haven't been checking the Special event page to see if a Nightmare has been triggered. Be sure to check after every 4 Extreme battles. Be sure you're not fighting regular Ifrit Extreme by accident... If it's still not happening for you, report the issue to the developers.
I know a nightmare/hell isn't popping without me noticing because a pop-up notice comes up whenever a nightmare/hell appears. As soon as I saw you talking about a nightmare/hell coming up guaranteed every 4 extremes I hopped on GB and killed 4 extremes, 5 for good measure. No pop. And I know I'm not doing regular Ifrit on accident. That would be hard not to notice.
Fortunately it's a somewhat moot issue now, as I got lucky myself and got an axe drop. Then I just needed a few more vajras from the 2 guaranteed nightmare/hells and got my 4th axe to MLB, and I only needed 2 silver bars to make a True axe. So that's over now, thankfully. I'll probably report the whole nightmare/hell issue but not tonight, I had a semi-stressful day at work and I just want to relax with only minimal GB farming.

Quote:
On another topic, does anyone know if Bahamut HL trains are ever organized? Dark pot sounds like an unreliable waste of time. I don't mind helping others get their Coda if they'll help me with mine.
I don't mind helping with this for a bit as long as it's not a long-term permanent commitment. (As I said before, a flexible schedule works better with my job and my RL life). I'm looking to get Threo from GW next, and a Bahamut sword coda would be real nice, plus a Bahamut gun coda for my Harvin's.
Old 2017-05-29, 03:34   Link #896
AnimeFangirl

Definitely report the issue since it's a major QoL improvement that takes a lot of the frustration out of Showdown and collab event farming. I wouldn't have suffered so much during the idolm@ster event if this had been around.
Old 2017-06-03, 18:55   Link #897
AnimeFangirl

I've figured out the main reasons why so many Dark Pot Baha HLs fail. Having been in a successful one (thought not fully Dark Pot because it was organized through co-op) and in many failed ones, the difference is pretty clear.

Reason 1 - Leeches that hit a few times and go AFK. 'Nuff said. You can get away with this in an Omega HL, but Baha isn't so nice. Don't join if you're not prepared to hustle.

Reason 2 - Wrong mix of character jobs. Lack of Holy Sabers/Spartans is the biggest one, but lack of SS/Elysion, lack of Sages and lack of DF/Chaos Ruler hurts a lot too. Can't be helped since it's a Dark Pot, but try to bring one of those classes when you're joining. Please respectfully consider unlocking and mastering a Tier IV class before joining Bahamut HL. Failing that, please bring a useful class like HS, DF, BS or SS and not something as unhelpful as Ogre.

Reason 3 - Ignorance about how the raid works. Too many people spamming status attacks in the earliest, easiest parts of the raid make it much harder to land them when you need them. I've seen people hit paralysis 5 minutes in, making everyone walk out. Things like Gravity and Break Lock should also be avoided for the first half of the raid.

Reason 4 - Not enough coordination. With 5 or 6 HS/Spartans, the whole raid should be covered by Phalanx every turn, but the Spartans just sit there until someone calls for a phalanx then 3 or 4 of them spam it at once. Cries of "Guys, please form a rotation!" usually go unheeded. Multiple healers should also be able to work together so they aren't all healing/clearing one turn and dying the next.

Reason 5 - No Paralysis, no Break Lock. Even with the failed runs, the most successful attempts were the ones where Baha spent much of the time between 50-25% paralyzed and/or break locked. His ougis hurt too much at that stage to risk tanking.

Reason 6 - Not enough damage cuts. The main reason why people drop like flies in the last 25%. You need at least a cross-summon darkbuncle PLUS Phalanx before you move every turn. Before you try to tank Skyfall, make sure your damage cut is 100% and not 95%. 95% will kill you. Before you risk a possible Reginleiv Recidive, make sure you have Athena + Phalanx, NOT darkbuncle + Phalanx. Darkbuncle will kill you. Again this boils down to lack of knowledge of the raid.

Reason 7 - Not enough firepower. The longer the raid goes on, the greater the chance that Baha will get in a lucky hit or someone will die due to a careless mistake. The ideal is to have a few Hades darkwhales who benefit from darkbuncle casting in the last 50% but any group of powerful players will do. A cautious group of weaker players can take him down too, but faster is always better for dangerous raids like these.

I think the major causes are #3, #5 and #6. It's frustrating because Baha HL is hard but he's not that hard if you know what you're doing. Unfortunately most people don't.
Old 2017-06-05, 23:19   Link #898
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I find most raider now a day are smart enough not commit the foolish act of kaimoku paralysis/gravity/charm
I only see something like that once out of 20 fights. But I must say I was entertained everytime thanks how pathetically those raids bomb and fail.

On the other hand, the lack of paralysis etc. sometime isn't that big of a problem if you have enough damage cuts. I live through the the last 10% without paralysis more often than I do.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 15:21   Link #899
AnimeFangirl

Paralysis before 50% is extremely rare, but I see gravity, charm and break lock right out of the gate all the time. Charm is somewhat okay, though I would prefer it if they waited till at least the Wind phase, but gravity and break lock are a bad, bad idea.

Regarding the need for para, I was recently in a raid where only two short paralysis landed but we were able to survive through judicious phalanxing and some cross-summoned Athenas. We barely made it though. So sure, paralysis isn't an absolute must-have, but it really really really helps.

In other good news, I only need one more Baha HL horn to get my Coda dagger!
Update: Coda get! ...That was anti-climatic. What now?

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2017-06-07 at 08:48.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-11, 02:14   Link #900
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Congrats on your Coda! I guess you could work towards SSR seraphic weapons now?