AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-02-28, 10:16   Link #801
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Baalberith, maybe (still waiting for a reason why he lost to Sairong). Verrine wasn't all that far above where Rias should have been based on her fight with Fenrir, though, and she had a ton of backup piling on holy damage

And she doesn't actually seem to have been hurt that much even though the winners were exhausted.
In volume 24, Issei and Vali was scared when they first sensed Verrine's aura. As for damage from holy aura, it didn't seem to be that much. Also the only one that seemed to be exhausted was Rias due to her Balor form stamina consumption.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 10:28   Link #802
godz

and defeated mahabali, who launched attacks at the level of infinite blaster ... mahabali must exceed 80% fenrir
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 10:32   Link #803
Lucidrago

@Xfire The official reason is that Balberith was fighting like Oppai Dragon. I could believe that had Sairaorg dodged every one of his attacks. But looking at that illustration he clearly took damage from Balberith and at the same time was using Breakdown the Beast. Balberith's power should have completely destroyed Sairaorg's defense in my opinion. So yeah he was pretty much nerfed.

@Dragon Sin Well Balberith wasn't the final boss. Plus Hades being the god of the dead may be able to sense death or something like that allowing him to know when an attack is coming even before the attack is even fired. And he may have some other hacks being in the Top 10.

@Emperor of D Well that were basically an unknown in the fight against Mahabali. And because of their talent and power, they could likely wipe a god team out that was unprepared. Rias and the others clearly did their research on how they fought and designed a strategy to counter Verrine by basically coming at her from all sides and wearing her down bit by bit until Balor Rias could freeze her. Xenovia's and Irina's holy attacks as well as Akeno's Holy Lightning did not hurt her that much but would work better than non-holy attacks of the same level because Verrine was a devil.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2020-02-28 at 10:47.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 11:06   Link #804
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
In volume 24, Issei and Vali was scared when they first sensed Verrine's aura. As for damage from holy aura, it didn't seem to be that much. Also the only one that seemed to be exhausted was Rias due to her Balor form stamina consumption.
That was Baalberith, not Verrine.

Same to @godz, the one actually fighting mahabali was Baal.
Old 2020-02-28, 11:19   Link #805
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@Xfire The official reason is that Balberith was fighting like Oppai Dragon. I could believe that had Sairaorg dodged every one of his attacks. But looking at that illustration he clearly took damage from Balberith and at the same time was using Breakdown the Beast. Balberith's power should have completely destroyed Sairaorg's defense in my opinion. So yeah he was pretty much nerfed.

@Dragon Sin Well Balberith wasn't the final boss. Plus Hades being the god of the dead may be able to sense death or something like that allowing him to know when an attack is coming even before the attack is even fired. And he may have some other hacks being in the Top 10.

@Emperor of D Well that were basically an unknown in the fight against Mahabali. And because of their talent and power, they could likely wipe a god team out that was unprepared. Rias and the others clearly did their research on how they fought and designed a strategy to counter Verrine by basically coming at her from all sides and wearing her down bit by bit until Balor Rias could freeze her. Xenovia's and Irina's holy attacks as well as Akeno's Holy Lightning did not hurt her that much but would work better than non-holy attacks of the same level because Verrine was a devil.
if I am not mistaken now in the mahabali team there were asura gods, gods with enormous experience in battle for their mythology and who were prepared to face the team of indra ... so gods with enormous experience in battle fell before the combination of baalberith and verrine so that now they fell with a weaker group, rias balor is strong I don't deny it but it doesn't take away the feeling of forced defeat of verrine ... the only positive thing we can get out of this is that now that verrine and baalberith are they joined the DxD team not only to recover their level of volume 24 but also to become stronger, there will be no more nerfed for them.
Old 2020-02-28, 16:45   Link #806
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
if I am not mistaken now in the mahabali team there were asura gods, gods with enormous experience in battle for their mythology and who were prepared to face the team of indra ... so gods with enormous experience in battle fell before the combination of baalberith and verrine so that now they fell with a weaker group, rias balor is strong I don't deny it but it doesn't take away the feeling of forced defeat of verrine ... the only positive thing we can get out of this is that now that verrine and baalberith are they joined the DxD team not only to recover their level of volume 24 but also to become stronger, there will be no more nerfed for them.
They knew how powerful Indra was. They couldn't have guessed that a team that was on a losing streak could have recruited two Super Devils. And they probably just charged in expecting it would be another easy victory.

Balor Rias was the only one who could definitely land a significant hit on Verrine. And even then she had to freeze her to do so and gave her the chance to surrender or surely die. It was a well-coordinated team effort that did Verrine in mostly due to her inexperience in combat.

In Volume 24, the purpose was so we would know that Balberith and Verrine were the real deal by easily defeating a team.of Asuras. It was the same reason Ishibumi had Regalzerva easily kill Great Red.

There was no need to have Indra easily defeat Mahabali like that. That was just to showcase his power but also to show Mahabali's will and determination by having him cut off Indra's arm. Remember when Kiba and Xenovia cut off Sairaorg's arm in Volume 10? Something like that.

It's up to Ishibumi to decide whether he wants these fights to be one-sided curbstomps or one-sided matches where we know one side will obviously win but Ishibumi will try to make it as competitive as he can.
Old 2020-02-28, 17:06   Link #807
godz

Quote:
They knew how powerful Indra was. They couldn't have guessed that a team that was on a losing streak could have recruited two Super Devils. And they probably just charged in expecting it would be another easy victory.

Balor Rias was the only one who could definitely land a significant hit on Verrine. And even then she had to freeze her to do so and gave her the chance to surrender or surely die. It was a well-coordinated team effort that did Verrine in mostly due to her inexperience in combat.

In Volume 24, the purpose was so we would know that Balberith and Verrine were the real deal by easily defeating a team.of Asuras. It was the same reason Ishibumi had Regalzerva easily kill Great Red.

There was no need to have Indra easily defeat Mahabali like that. That was just to showcase his power but also to show Mahabali's will and determination by having him cut off Indra's arm. Remember when Kiba and Xenovia cut off Sairaorg's arm in Volume 10? Something like that.

It's up to Ishibumi to decide whether he wants these fights to be one-sided curbstomps or one-sided matches where we know one side will obviously win but Ishibumi will try to make it as competitive as he can.
"All of God Mahabali’s attacks were so powerful that even the shockwave produced by a slash from his Godly Sword was enough to blow up a mountain on the field! Xenovia said as she gulped.

“…Watching all of these attacks, this truly feels like a mythological-scale battle.”

Just like what Xenovia said, the field’s terrain and scenery were blown away by attacks from every single one of them…Movies and CG graphics were like a joke compared to them. Rias said.

“And I’ve heard that they’ve strengthened the field’s durability since the prelims. So for them to be able to destroy the field… Once again, we can see how scary the War God and Godly Asura Tribe can be.”

…Shit. Each of their attacks felt as strong as my Dragon Deification’s ace move, [Infinity Blaster]! Ddraig, who was inside me, said."
shin dxd 2

Mahabali is said to be textual that his attacks were equal to Issei's infinite blaster, that nothing changes him and whoever beat this God was Baalberith, before we speculated that Issei would use axa or true dxd G to defeat Baaleberith and who defeated him at the end was Sairaorg .

We also looked over at it. The situation on the field was currently being displayed. The field appeared to be the site of a ruin…and in the centre of the destroyed remnants, the Prince of the Asuras, Mahabali-san was kneeling on the ground. His body was covered in wounds, and he was gasping for his breath.

<<This is difficult to believe! As one of the candidates tipped to win, Mahabali-senshu is actually kneeling on the ground right now! The ones who have forced him into such a state — are the mysterious players who have suddenly joined an ordinary team!>>

The announcer also seemed to have become excited by the scene before his eyes as he said that. Mahabali-san was looking at — two people. One of them was a woman. To be more precise, she seemed to be a girl who was of similar age to us judging by her appearance. She had long jade-coloured hair, and she seemed to have a cheerful air about her. The other one was a man. He had copper-red hair that was swept all the way back. Not only did he have a tall stature, he also had a very strong physical build. There was no trace of emotion on his face, and he appeared rather cold. Based on his appearance, perhaps he was the same age as us, or maybe a bit older. Unlike the injured Mahabali-san, they were completely unharmed! Mahabali-san’s team had many Asura gods. Even among the god-class beings who were participating, they were considered to be a top-class line-up. As I looked at the venue’s scoreboard, I could see that all of the members of Mahabali-san’s team had retired! The copper-haired youth picked up the flag that was beside Mahabali-san.

[Flag taken.]
dxd volumen 24

the point is that many of us had high expectations for the new demons and low with the gods as hades, in the end Hades ended up being the best evaluated of this arc.

Spoiler for dxd volumen 24:

and then they got the nerfed

Last edited by godz; 2020-02-28 at 17:32.
Old 2020-02-28, 18:29   Link #808
B214

I guess Ishibumi wanted to show the Sun Wukong V17 lecture. Experience and skills > Raw Power. Well probably also because Bal and Verrine had the advantage of joining first time and maybe Mahabali team was underestimating them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 18:49   Link #809
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
I guess Ishibumi wanted to show the Sun Wukong V17 lecture. Experience and skills > Raw Power. Well probably also because Bal and Verrine had the advantage of joining first time and maybe Mahabali team was underestimating them.
No nivel of underestimating is going to cause this "As I looked at the venue’s scoreboard, I could see that all of the members of Mahabali-san’s team had retired!"

How much of a retard would these guys of Mahabali team need to be to continue underestimating someone after having 2, 3 ,4 of their GOD teammates retired to take thing seriously?

Chronic Retardation?
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 19:24   Link #810
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekiryuu12 View Post
No nivel of underestimating is going to cause this "As I looked at the venue’s scoreboard, I could see that all of the members of Mahabali-san’s team had retired!"

How much of a retard would these guys of Mahabali team need to be to continue underestimating someone after having 2, 3 ,4 of their GOD teammates retired to take thing seriously?

Chronic Retardation?
You have retards challenging Ise and his friends even when they know they can't win. So yes, i believe they are retards even among Gods.
Old 2020-02-28, 22:17   Link #811
godz

Does anyone remember what FxF means? fairy x?
Old 2020-02-28, 22:22   Link #812
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
Does anyone remember what FxF means? fairy x?
Don’t think it has been mentioned yet
Old 2020-02-28, 22:38   Link #813
Crimson_Emperor

Fadiru x Ferudora
Crimson_Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 22:47   Link #814
syzorst
syzorst

Sairaorg vs Balberith Part 1

Spoiler:
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 22:51   Link #815
cyberdemon

Did Ingvild do anything this volume. Sadly She hasn’t gotten much pagetime since volume 1...
Old 2020-02-28, 22:59   Link #816
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Did Ingvild do anything this volume. Sadly She hasn’t gotten much pagetime since volume 1...
I read out there that ingvild that with his song he strengthened the power of Vali and Issei so that they could give the final blow to Hades and defeat him ... Hades was the final threat of this volume, I also read why you had the ingenuity to defeat Sairaorg, Cao Cao, Tobio, Dulio, Team Rias and only Issei as Vali remained standing.
Old 2020-02-28, 22:59   Link #817
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Who's this Ingvild you speak of?
Old 2020-02-28, 23:08   Link #818
B214

Quote:
Who's this Ingvild you speak of?
I wonder who she is.
Old 2020-02-28, 23:24   Link #819
syzorst
syzorst

Sairaorg vs Balberith Part 2

Spoiler:
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-28, 23:28   Link #820
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Sairaorg vs Balberith Part 2

Spoiler:
Sairaorg said what we all think, nerfed.