AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-06-24, 22:48   Link #8021
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
but what if he’s in a situation again when his amor is disabled? You can’t null the dragonic side inside of him also it’ll be a great contrast to vali he creates new demonic abilities while ise creates dragonic abilities
Issei's armored forms are the full amalgation of the power of his Boosted Gear which is his most powerful tool at his disposal. I doubt that Great Red's aura alone would surpass that. What I'm saying is that if Issei became strong just by using that it would just make all the progress he made throughout the series moot.

I doubt there would be a situatio like Volume 14 or with Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller. And even if there was would Great Red's aura be enough to take down anything but low-level enemies considering that the enemies are going to be in the upper-tier Ultimate-class devil range at the minimum?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 03:46   Link #8022
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I doubt there would be a situatio like Volume 14 or with Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller.
You know honestly I would like if Issei and Vali start their fight not using their Longinus but in base form.

Before using the armors Issei could fight Vali using the dragon aura and the dragonfication while Vali his own demoniac energy and his magic talent.

Also it could be possible that Vali could use his Wyverns for make a Scale Mail to give to Arthur and let him have a fair fight again Xenovia?
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 04:26   Link #8023
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
You know honestly I would like if Issei and Vali start their fight not using their Longinus but in base form.

Before using the armors Issei could fight Vali using the dragon aura and the dragonfication while Vali his own demoniac energy and his magic talent.

Also it could be possible that Vali could use his Wyverns for make a Scale Mail to give to Arthur and let him have a fair fight again Xenovia?
Wouldn't that just be an automatic win for Vali because of his demonic power? I just think it's a bit of an assumption to say just because it's Great Red's power means that its going to be stupidly powerful. If it is, then what's even the point of the Boosted Gear anyway?

I feel it's fair to say that Great Red's and Ophis' power is just another pathway for Issei to become stronger and take his Boosted Gear to its absolute limits rather than being an end result by itself.

Arthur is one of the strongest humans in this series. The fact that Vali listed him along with absolute monsters like Strada, Cao Cao, Tobio, and Kanzaki is a testament to his strength. If that fight actually happened, I would imagine it would be a stalemate only because of Avalon, but with Arthur having the edge when it comes to swordsmanship and technique and Xenovia being unable to land a hit on him.

The thing with Vali giving someone else Scalenaul is that his Divine Dividing's ability is to divide power and add it to his own rather then boost power and transfer it to others like Issei's Boosted Gear.
L
Old 2023-06-25, 05:20   Link #8024
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Wouldn't that just be an automatic win for Vali because of his demonic power? I just think it's a bit of an assumption to say just because it's Great Red's power means that its going to be stupidly powerful. If it is, then what's even the point of the Boosted Gear anyway?
I dunno, I know that we can't be sure that GR's power would let Issei be crazy strong in his base but for me he could use dragonfication properly he could stand a chance again Vali's demoniac power.

By know we don't know how strong Issei's base is after the Shin DXD 4. We know that in the Shin DXD 1 it was said to be High Class Devil.

Quote:
I feel it's fair to say that Great Red's and Ophis' power is just another pathway for Issei to become stronger and take his Boosted Gear to its absolute limits rather than being an end result by itself.
If you think about is like that Issei has already overcome the limits of the Boosted Gear: I mean with the DXD G he was able to nullify the effects of Sacred Gear Canceller, with AXA / Ryuuuteimaru he has completely overcome Ddraig's full power and perhaps already reach the Dragon God's level and planets buster's tier. The True DXD G too could be above Ddraig.

If we are talking about reaching a end result the power that he could take from the Heavenly Breast could be the true key for do so.

Quote:
Arthur is one of the strongest humans in this series. The fact that Vali listed him along with absolute monsters like Strada, Cao Cao, Tobio, and Kanzaki is a testament to his strength. If that fight actually happened, I would imagine it would be a stalemate only because of Avalon, but with Arthur having the edge when it comes to swordsmanship and technique and Xenovia being unable to land a hit on him.
For me that list was for the best fighters rather than the true power level because serioulsy how possible is that Leonardo and George despite what they can do thanks their Longinus weren't included on it?

Strada and Arthur sure are awesome warriors but because they lack of a Longinus they could end up by overcame by Shooting Star if he master his Longinus.

Arthur is better than Xenovia and have the strongest Holy Sword but what if Xenovia in future became much better than she actually is and learn how to master all of the Excalibur's abilities and combine them with BG's powers that her crimson armor gives to her?

Arthur's durability would be problem for him, he is a human after all. I mean if he get a blast at full power of Durandal's holy aura enhanced by the Crimson Destruction Dragonar he perhaps would be retired or get pretty injured. Because of this I think he would need the Scale Mail, though I know he could simply dodge Xenovia's attacks.

I agree with you that Arthur is better than Xenovia but she have the advantages of equipments.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-06-25 at 06:13.
Old 2023-06-25, 10:35   Link #8025
Xuanwu

Any speculations about Balance Breakers for Meredith, Magnus, and Valerie.

Meredith seems useless against the Evies since her ability only works on Sacred Gear users. Is it possible that her Balance Breaker could eliminate that limitation? Although that might make her too broken. I suspect Alphecca Tyrant should work on the Malebranche regardless since they're similar to Sacred Gears.

About Valerie, perhaps she should awaken her subspecies Balance Breaker and gain the same immortality that Marius had. Hopefully she develops some other custom abilities.

Also, I'm interested in Gasper's next powerup. I always wondered why Ishibumi changed Balor's power from death inducement (original myth) to time stop. It could be that stopping time is only a fragment of Balor's true authority.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 10:41   Link #8026
Xuanwu

Quote:
Issei's armored forms are the full amalgation of the power of his Boosted Gear which is his most powerful tool at his disposal. I doubt that Great Red's aura alone would surpass that. What I'm saying is that if Issei became strong just by using that it would just make all the progress he made throughout the series moot.

I doubt there would be a situatio like Volume 14 or with Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller. And even if there was would Great Red's aura be enough to take down anything but low-level enemies considering that the enemies are going to be in the upper-tier Ultimate-class devil range at the minimum?
Well, he's basically a Dragon God in the making. By the time he masters Ophis and Great Red's powers, he might not have much need for the Boosted Gear since he would be able to transform into a powerful dragon. Great Red's aura alone should be enough since it's able to destroy the world when manifested into Ryuuteimaru. Plus, Ophis' power of Infinity was said to be the absolute strongest power in the world.

But right now at least, Boosted Gear is a significant part of his overall strength.
Old 2023-06-25, 10:58   Link #8027
Lucidrago

Quote:
I dunno, I know that we can't be sure that GR's power would let Issei be crazy strong in his base but for me he could use dragonfication properly he could stand a chance again Vali's demoniac power.

By know we don't know how strong Issei's base is after the Shin DXD 4. We know that in the Shin DXD 1 it was said to be High Class Devil.

If you think about is like that Issei has already overcome the limits of the Boosted Gear: I mean with the DXD G he was able to nullify the effects of Sacred Gear Canceller, with AXA / Ryuuuteimaru he has completely overcome Ddraig's full power and perhaps already reach the Dragon God's level and planets buster's tier. The True DXD G too could be above Ddraig.

If we are talking about reaching a end result the power that he could take from the Heavenly Breast could be the true key for do so.

For me that list was for the best fighters rather than the true power level because serioulsy how possible is that Leonardo and George despite what they can do thanks their Longinus weren't included on it?

Strada and Arthur sure are awesome warriors but because they lack of a Longinus they could end up by overcame by Shooting Star if he master his Longinus.

Arthur is better than Xenovia and have the strongest Holy Sword but what if Xenovia in future became much better than she actually is and learn how to master all of the Excalibur's abilities and combine them with BG's powers that her crimson armor gives to her?

Arthur's durability would be problem for him, he is a human after all. I mean if he get a blast at full power of Durandal's holy aura enhanced by the Crimson Destruction Dragonar he perhaps would be retired or get pretty injured. Because of this I think he would need the Scale Mail, though I know he could simply dodge Xenovia's attacks.

I agree with you that Arthur is better than Xenovia but she have the advantages of equipments.
While Dimension Lost is a high-tier Longinus, it really isn't all that combat-oriented. And Leonardo is still untrained. The strongest humans list were likely based on the person's overall combat ability and their skill and mastery of their respective weapons and abilities. Though I'm curious why Lavinia wasn't listed. Maybe because Vali doesn't consider her human?
Old 2023-06-25, 12:50   Link #8028
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Any speculations about Balance Breakers for Meredith, Magnus, and Valerie.
Some ideas of mine for Ingvild, Valerie, Shooting Star and Magnus:

Star Buster Star Blaster: With the BXB Shooting Star's Longinus have more even more fire power it could change form from a riffle it could change into a gatling gun. The riffle form focuses more on firepower and so on destruction on large scale when the gatling gun's form focuses on speed and accuracy, also it have a third form that have the most biggest fire power of the 3 forms but right for this Shooting Star should use that form only in situations where he has no other choice as due to its enormous power he can even risks to killing his allies and could cause terrible damage to the environment. The sword too can change in 3 forms. A Zweihander's form that focus on raw power, a Katana's sword that focus on speed and sharpness, and a medium sized sword that is the most balanced of the 3 shapes and so the easiest to master.

Sephiroth Graal: Valerie BXB could allow to her to manipulating even her own soul so she can heal her own woods (even the most deadly), also she could summon a lot of dead creatures(even god like beings to use like a army) and she could even be able to stolen souls, she can give the souls to have stolen to another beings so here he can do things to her like cause the exchange of bodies between many people or reincarnate a dead being put him/her soul in a another body.

Perhaps all of this HAX can be too much for a normale BXB, maybe all of this powers could be obtained complety mastering the Sephirot Graal. Well maybe it also could be that Valerie in a first moment she will get a BXB, then thanks her wish to be more useful to Gasper will unlock a Abyss Side BXB that give her the powers that I have listed.

Unknown Dictator: For me the possibile BXB of Magnum Rose can allow to him to have a enhanced manipulation over metals and technology at the the point that can creating a armor with many weapons, perhaps Rose because of his Longinus will be useful again the Eevie. I assume that Magnum could get some technology from both the Grigori and the Agares's house and even the parts of some defeat Eevie to creating a armor.

Nereid Kyrie: When she reach the BXB Ingvild gets a armor made of water with draconic appearance, now she have a water manipulation beyond the Leviathan's bloodline because now she can control the sea itself, also her dragon control is increased, through her songs now she can give to Issei and alliance a boost of power over the one she give to them in the Shin DXD 1.

Well it can be that Ingvild BXB because her Queen Piece and Leviathan's blood could be a X-Side BXB.

Also I think that it can be that Ingvild could get a Abyss Side BXB (thanks her Leviathan's s Blood and her feelings over Issei which will lead her to want to become stronger for him and her Leviathan's blood) and even a Maoufication(obviously thanks to a blessing from Ophis likethe case of Vali DXD L)

This are the powers that Ingvild could get with a Maoufication: The dragon's water armor will separates by Ingvild's body and becoming a giant snake dragon( the Leviathan in short) and start to act such a avatar sacred gear(like Jin for Yobio).The Leviathan will act for both attacking the opponents and protecting Ingvild, Ingvild could use together water manipulation of Leviathan's clan and the Sea's manipulation of Nereid Kyre to add a great amount of water to the Leviathan increasing his size and so strenght and durability but without lost speed.Also now Ingvild dragon's control his raised at the level that she speak telepathically with them and can even triggered them to awakening the Outrage's mode when them have to protecting her.

You could find others idea of mine for future power up in this blog of the Highschool DXD's Wiki:

https://highschooldxd.fandom.com/wik...nd_of_power_up

Quote:
Also, I'm interested in Gasper's next powerup. I always wondered why Ishibumi changed Balor's power from death inducement (original myth) to time stop. It could be that stopping time is only a fragment of Balor's true authority.
I have think this for Gasper: Gasper thanks his wish to becoming stronger for protecting Valerie at his very best he and becoming more like Issei could get a Abyss Side BXB that allow to him to have others powers related to time manipulation. For example he could see in future for some seconds and is even able to rewind time for a certain amount of seconds. In this way Gasper could predict the moves of his opponents so that he can dodge attacks and warn his allies about the future moves of the enemies. Gasper can use the shadows of his opponents to teleport on their backs and he can manipulating the time of those who used their shadows to teleport.

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-06-25 at 13:37.
Old 2023-06-25, 12:58   Link #8029
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Well, he's basically a Dragon God in the making. By the time he masters Ophis and Great Red's powers, he might not have much need for the Boosted Gear since he would be able to transform into a powerful dragon. Great Red's aura alone should be enough since it's able to destroy the world when manifested into Ryuuteimaru.
I think that Ishi in the end have choice to use Ryuuuteimaru for AXA because both his love for mecha and that because he hasn't let Issei training for using the dragonfication and the GR's aura in his base. AXA in the Shin DXD 3 was almost a pretty rushed power up that really seem came out of the blue

Honestly I hope that there still be some chance to see Dragon Issei despite his armors and Ryuuuteimaru are the way in which he use the powers of the Dragons Gods.

Quote:
Though I'm curious why Lavinia wasn't listed. Maybe because Vali doesn't consider her human?
She is absent in that list because Vali has put her in another very special list: the list of few people he want avoid cause he can't deal with them
Old 2023-06-25, 14:31   Link #8030
Xuanwu

I wonder if Lavinia has an Abyss Side. It would be cool if she could lower temperatures to absolute zero, like Rukia from Bleach.
Old 2023-06-25, 14:34   Link #8031
Xuanwu

I'm most interested in Gasper, Tobio, Cao Cao, Sairaorg, Shigune... actually, scratch that. I'm interested in virtually everyone getting new abilities for the Evies.

Also, any speculations about what Runeas is teaching Rias? Ishibumi wants to Rias to shine more, so it should be quite powerful. Perhaps enough to elevate her to Maou-class.
Old 2023-06-25, 15:56   Link #8032
Lucidrago

My idea for Star Buster Star Blaster's Balance Breaker is an armoured form that will boost his defense. As far as offensive capabilities go, it is already OP to such a ridiculous level. If wouldn't be an understatement to say that it far surpasses all the other Longinus when it comes to attack power. So from the perspective of what Shooting Star lacks, an armoured form for his Balance Breaker would fit way more then just simply more offensive power which it already has in spades.

Valerie is a bit tricky because of the downsides of her Longinus. But maybe her Balance Breaker could be one where she is able to transfer the wounds and damage inflicted on one person to someone else. But I don't think Ishibuni really intends to use her anymore as her Longinus has outlived its usefulness.
Old 2023-06-25, 15:58   Link #8033
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I wonder if Lavinia has an Abyss Side. It would be cool if she could lower temperatures to absolute zero, like Rukia from Bleach.
Perhaps she could reveal it in the match again Dulio or again Vali.

Quote:
I'm interested in virtually everyone getting new abilities for the Evies.
Same here, wait to see possible new power ups is one the stuff of DXD that make me wait the future Volumes and continue to following the story.

I hope that at least Ishi would show something new for Sairoarg.

Dulio too must need to became even strong than he is currently because the Eevie.

Quote:
Also, any speculations about what Runeas is teaching Rias? Ishibumi wants to Rias to shine more, so it should be quite powerful. Perhaps enough to elevate her to Maou-class.

I dunno, there was a particular part of the DX 7 that make me think that even Runeas know what is try to teach to Rias

Quote:
"You mean this secret technique? Let's see―――probably, I think it might have been that kind of technique".

―――!

............P-Probably?

Just now, terrifying words entered my ears...... Meanwhile, Rias was still taking all kinds of positions with a serious attitude......

Rias, the person in question, heard the order of the First Generation-sama and stood on one leg, striking a pose reminiscent of the Swan Lake ballet.

The First Generation-sama's expression turned doubtful and she said.

"Huh? Was this one different? Or rather, this secret technique...... Hmm, was it really transferred by oral instruction......? Certainly, I thought it was an amazing technique back then, some hundreds, thousands of years ago...... no, but this idea was also refused by the family head of that time......"

The First Generation-sama pondered about it, but then opened the next bag of『Kyunpai』and said, seemingly defiantly, as she bit the pie.

"Well, it'll become good training. I mean, she's moving her body".

That's too irresponsible! What a free spirit this First Generation-sama is!
https://occult-research.club/project...is_a_Trickster
Old 2023-06-26, 02:43   Link #8034
Lucidrago

Quote:
Perhaps she could reveal it in the match again Dulio or again Vali.

Same here, wait to see possible new power ups is one the stuff of DXD that make me wait the future Volumes and continue to following the story.

I hope that at least Ishi would show something new for Sairoarg.

Dulio too must need to became even strong than he is currently because the Eevie.

I dunno, there was a particular part of the DX 7 that make me think that even Runeas know what is try to teach to Rias

https://occult-research.club/project...is_a_Trickster
I kind of feel like Ishibuni is kind of flying by the seat of his pants on this one. He likely doesn't know what this Gregory special ability could be and he's just winging it at this point. Although that's the fifth arc and all the Shin volumes in a nutshell.
Old 2023-06-26, 04:05   Link #8035
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I kind of feel like Ishibuni is kind of flying by the seat of his pants on this one. He likely doesn't know what this Gregory special ability could be and he's just winging it at this point. Although that's the fifth arc and all the Shin volumes in a nutshell.
Lol, you could be right. The devil traits of the 4 Maou were revealed just lately in the DX 7.

However I was thinking about it was on Millarca in the Volume 24 and the Shin DXD 3.

From the Vol 24 :
Quote:
While Millarca-san was dressed in her thickly-layered uniform, she mouthed out various complaints as she fought with her bare hands to easily knock down the Grim Reapers. As soon as there was an opening, she used her fists to defeat them. It seemed as though she had significant physical strength as a Vampire…. Nakiri watched Millarca-san as she fought and shouted out

“Millarca! Don’t overdo it!”

“Ah, Ouryuu. Don’t worry, something like this is nothing.”

“I’m not talking about that! Millarca, if you use your power, then this whole area will become like hell!”

“It’s daytime right now so it’s fine. There’s only a problem if it’s night time.”

From the Shin DXD 3
Quote:
“Vampire Princess Punch!”

Beside them was Millarca, who punched the artificial Devils away with her fist. Her monstrous power wasn’t something that one should make light of.
Somebody have some theory on her?
Old 2023-06-26, 11:34   Link #8036
Lucidrago

Quote:
Lol, you could be right. The devil traits of the 4 Maou were revealed just lately in the DX 7.

However I was thinking about it was on Millarca in the Volume 24 and the Shin DXD 3.

From the Vol 24 :

From the Shin DXD 3

Somebody have some theory on her?
She's an incredibly strong vampire whose full strength is probably on par with upper-tier Ultimate-class devils. And that's without ingesting blood. If she ingested Issei's blood, there's no telling what would happen.
Old 2023-06-26, 11:51   Link #8037
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
She's an incredibly strong vampire whose full strength is probably on par with upper-tier Ultimate-class devils. And that's without ingesting blood. If she ingested Issei's blood, there's no telling what would happen.
Basing on what Nakiri has said in the night she could be even stronger. Perhaps she is so strong because she is the descendent of Dracula or something.

I wonder if it could be possible that since the Super / Transcendental Devil exist maybe it can possible that other species could have their Super / Transcendental specimen?
Old 2023-06-27, 19:04   Link #8038
cyberdemon

For Ingvild bxb, I could see a form similar to Noelles from Black Clover. An armor made of water. What if it had a siren function to enhance Isseis paipod by allowing her singing to travel through any source of water further enhancing its power up effects?
Old 2023-06-27, 21:41   Link #8039
B214

Quote:
Well, he's basically a Dragon God in the making. By the time he masters Ophis and Great Red's powers, he might not have much need for the Boosted Gear since he would be able to transform into a powerful dragon. Great Red's aura alone should be enough since it's able to destroy the world when manifested into Ryuuteimaru. Plus, Ophis' power of Infinity was said to be the absolute strongest power in the world.

But right now at least, Boosted Gear is a significant part of his overall strength.
I don't think it would make sense for Ise to master/use any of his powers without the Boosted Gear. First off the Boosted Gear is a part of him as much as Great Red's flesh is to Ise, SG users die when the SG is extracted from him. And Ise's dragon aura did come from BG (& Ddraig) even without Great Red's flesh.
Besides, Ise's entire character is build on a guy without talent so he trained his only tools at hand to become stronger. IMO it's the main reason why Ise is the only possessor able to use the BG to its current level. The previous BG users probably can use the BG properly to a certain extent, so they never communicate much with Ddraig. Ise knew he was weak and is willing to seek advise and communicate with Ddraig.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-28, 06:54   Link #8040
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
What if it had a siren function to enhance Isseis paipod by allowing her singing to travel through any source of water further enhancing its power up effects?
Cool idea, maybe thanks to this she could increasing the power of many dragon allies as the same time even when they are distant from her but at the condition that there is water close to them.