AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.90%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-01-11, 19:57   Link #61
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Please tell me you are being sarcastic here. Acc. was anything BUT humble.
Oi! You might wanna recheck your irony meter! ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:27   Link #62
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
How are they stupid? 3 of the 5 'villians' he fought didn't know of his ability, so it's obvious that Touma has a slight advantage in that the enemy can't/hasn't figured out his ability. Yes, Acc can throw beams and containers and such, but he probably has killed many of his opponents(the Imoutos) through direct touch, so it's obvious why he kept attempting to grab him directly. At the very last hit, was the first time Acc got a chance to touch him, which is why he looked so shocked. Now it would be stupid if Acc DID know Touma's power and kept charging toward him.
Pen (Index) - ...Well, not even human.
Hetare Alchemist - Couldn't stay calm, so he lost. He if stayed calm, he wouldn't have lost like that. The stupid lolicon.
Accelerator - He was already hit... He, being the smartest in the whole city, should have figured out the possiblity that Touma('s hand) could reach him past his vector bending shield, but the idiot conveniently was unable to figure this out and just charge directly.
Kanzaki/Stiyls - Not exactly expecting intelligence from these two anyways... At least Kanzaki.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:42   Link #63
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
He, being the smartest in the whole city
Hmmm?

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2009-01-11 at 20:52.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 20:52   Link #64
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Hmmm?
No narrations in anime=No wonder you don't learn this
I personally can't remember word for word, but it's something like this
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:35   Link #65
Seiryuu

Accelerator was not stupid. He was a arrogant, sadistic, and bat crazy. A person can be a total genius, consciously recognize that a defense doesn't work, and still be so convinced of his own power and superiority that he thinks it won't matter. He must've at least figured that his power might work on Touma, if he actually managed to directly touch him. In other words, Touma has to keep hitting Acc over and over, but one touch and Acc could kill Touma so thoroughly that there'd be nothing left to bury. Obsessed with his own power, he couldn't conceive of the idea that Touma would be able to KO him before he'd ever get a chance to land a blow of his own. Moreover, throwing was somewhat less accurate(though not to the level of stormtrooper marksmanship), especially with a guy who knew how to handle a fight, so going straight for him was the most certain way to kill. More importantly to Acc though, I think, was the fact that a distance attack would rob him of the immeasurable pleasure of personally feeling the moment of Touma's death beneath his fingers, not to mention he wouldn't be able to produce the sort of carnage he likes so much. He couldn't bear to miss such a thing, especially since he was destroying the only challenge to his power. Finally, in his enjoyment of the game, he seems to have initially enjoyed the added thrill of being able to receive pain back. Even the idea of putting himself into a situation where he too may die was entertaining to his warped psyche.
I say Accelerator was smart, he just made a couple mistakes and missed a couple points of the guidelines to successful villainy: First, do not play with your enemy. If there's any chance he might be able to put up a fight, kill him immediately and find a more docile recipient for your sadistic games; Second, never, ever allow yourself to think for even a moment that you are "invincible", because you'll inevitable be disillusioned quickly; Third, get a thorough psych treatment to ensure that you have the ability to suppress your more colorful appetites.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:38   Link #66
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Good end. That guy really deserved to be punched hard. And it was delivered.

And as per usual, the bone they threw at us Index fans was delicious.

Looking forward to next week...

Never forget
OverFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 22:38   Link #67
ZeroForever

pretty much accelerator could calculate the localized wind vectors and redirect them in a precise enough manner to form plasma, this is like rain man level calculations min.

Accel. realized something was weird with touma but instead of just keeping his distance and experimenting to figure it out he goes with the method that touma already countered once... for someone thats super genious level it's one of those drama > logic moments that realistically shouldn't happen.

Alch. - pretty much what was said above, as stylis did mention what his ability was so he knew the general idea of his ability. though the anime didn't show very well how stylis helped with the mind screw byt super heating the air so the alch's bullets missed and made his think touma's ability was greater then it was.

Kanzaki - technically won the physical fight at least even if she lost the mental battle.

Index - he would have lost without help, and he still owned himself to stop a feather from hitting index after.

Stiyls - one of those arrogance = loss scene though realistically the abivalent heat from the flame if it was hot enough to melt the door handles the air should have been super heated enough to kill touma just by being in the area of the summon not even having to touch him.
Old 2009-01-12, 02:27   Link #68
Bordix

Eclipse release rules! that was some HQ beating up.

Quote:
Touma wouldn't have been able to cancel the plasma ball. He can block Accelerator's power to change vectors, but there's nothing he can do about what Accelerator has already accelerated. The plasma is a real, indirect effect of Accelerator's power.
Ahh So, If it wasn't for Misaka + sisterS and cat's help, he could have eaten plasma and Loozz!

Last edited by Bordix; 2009-01-12 at 04:54.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 02:35   Link #69
npcomplete

lol, Brawling + Imagine Breaker > *

reminds me of Shura no Toki a bit

I find it surprising that none of the powers that be nor his companions and their colleagues with high level of abilities themselves express any real interest in Touma's phenomenon. After all, his hand can cancel out the most powerful attacks church/magic/alchemy/psi has to offer so far.

I wonder if they'll get into that after the next episode (ep16+, since ep15 appears to be the requisite beach/onsen break ep ), and if they'll explore the mysteries of the AI running the place.
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 04:50   Link #70
jwai

Just saw episode 14.

Spoiler:
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 05:26   Link #71
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
With 10,000 Misaka's still alive, does that mean Touma wins hands down for harem count?
It's actually 9968 sisters left.
Old 2009-01-12, 05:33   Link #72
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
It's actually 9968 sisters left.
Uh, I'm pretty sure your numbering is off by one.

Misaka-#10032 is still alive, and 10031 Misakas have died. 20000-10031=9969. We could further discuss matter of the number remaining, but it would be spoilerous.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 05:54   Link #73
Seiryuu

It has been said the boundary between genius and insanity is very thin. Accelerator's actions did make sense in one way: when facing someone he knows has some power that could threaten him, wasting time figuring out what it is and how it works could give the enemy enough time to come up with something even worse. That said, I don't think that occurred to Acc. Just like it never occurred to him that he could actually be defeated, even if he could be hurt.
Being super-intelligent does not make Accelerator like a computer, cold and analyzing. In the situation he was in, it seems only natural to me that any logical cautions were completely drowned out by his obsessive, sadistic desire to have his enemy die from his own hands.
Even as completely nuts as he was though, Accelerator DID in fact think pretty quickly of the fact that close combat wasn't the best option. It only took a few punches before he went back to distance attacks. After further proven that he wasn't accurate enough to kill with the speed he needed, he immediately went for a distance attack that was too huge to miss its target, and too volatile for Touma to risk releasing withuot letting Acc personally dispel it. Only after having that possibility removed did he get desperate enough to try for his normal coup de grac again. Rather than illogical, this seems to be a very good take on how the destruction of delusions and terror of the unknown can lead even the most intelligent mind to act rashly.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 05:56   Link #74
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Misaka-#10032 is still alive, and 10031 Misakas have died. 20000-10031=9969. We could further discuss matter of the number remaining, but it would be spoilerous.
Sorry about that, 9969 was the right number. I had to check ep 13 to see what was Misaka 10032 was saying. So basically there are 9969 Misakas left... if you exclude Mikoto Oneesama and.... other variables.
Old 2009-01-12, 06:11   Link #75
jwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Sorry about that, 9969 was the right number. I had to check ep 13 to see what was Misaka 10032 was saying. So basically there are 9969 Misakas left... if you exclude Mikoto Oneesama and.... other variables.
Argh, details, details. That's still a lot of Misaka loving.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 07:57   Link #76
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Well, if they all turn up for the beach episode, maybe we can count them.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 17:17   Link #77
Forever
Revealing the truth

Whoa 9969 misakas. Even if he bangs 1 per day, he will need 27+ years to complete one cycle. Though technically impossible as they possibly couldnt last that long.
Old 2009-01-12, 23:27   Link #78
NakedAngelX

Pretty good episode consider how it actually made some sense how Touma defeated Accelerator. 2 things that didn't make sense, with Accelerator's speed Touma couldn't have reacted in time to use his right hand to punch him. And the morning part when Index came in, it turned into sunset in a split second haha, i Swear when sun comes up it won't create that effect.

But good episode, Touma finally kicked some butt without telling a whole story first.
Old 2009-01-13, 00:34   Link #79
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Whoa 9969 misakas. Even if he bangs 1 per day, he will need 27+ years to complete one cycle. Though technically impossible as they possibly couldnt last that long.
LOL!!!
Old 2009-01-13, 04:17   Link #80
Ultimate Chicken

Y'know, Touma could have just HELD ON TO Accelerator with his right hand, and beat the crap out of him with his left...

Just a quick note on why Touma "didn't" negate the stuff being thrown at him the way he negated Mikoto's Railgun coin when they first met.

Reduce a coin's speed to 0 and the coin just falls to the ground.
Return a vector of a huge flying piece of track rail to its original vector (velocity 0) and the same thing happens. The track rail falls to the ground.
But which is more scarier, a HUGEASS PIECE OF METAL falling before your feet or a coin?

I think the only reason why Touma survived all the crap being thrown at him in the first place is because he DID use the IB on those flying objects, even if the sound FX didn't trigger. (Another possible explanation: while he can negate the vector change, he can't negate MOMENTUM...)

It also explains a few things like why Touma doesn't try to negate the plasma. It's compressed air, and I think Accel says so. Negate the compression vector change and you get an explosion...

Quick note to author: Touma's amnesia is no excuse to avoid any plausible explanation, kthx <_<
Ultimate Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote