Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-10, 14:30   Link #61
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Normally, you cannot ask something like that from a mangaka who even forces one of the most genius characters in the story (with the help of another genius Kabuto) to create an unsuccessful poison that is guaranteed to fail when the right moment comes.
What poison failed?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:35   Link #62
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post

That's true, I'm just puzzled why they're going back to do an arc featuring Deidara, Kisame and Itachi (characters who have all been introduced and have fought), while this other character has not spoken or even been named.
Well, we have known for years Kisame and Itachi would meet Sasuke once more and it seems to be the arc.
For Deidara, I don't know what to think. His presence near Team Hebi doesn't make much sense (they leave Oro alone for 10 years and go straight at his murderer who is probably only the enemy of one of them while they leave Naruto and his allies who have already killed the third of Akatsuki are still left alone)
He is probably arranging the reunion, voluntarily or not. If it's not his intent, he'll fight, lose quickly, be captured by Sasuke, be interrogated (which will hype Sasuke even more since Kakashi just said it could not be done with that kind of guys) and lead him to Itachi. Deidara is an expandable character. I can see Kishi getting rid of him to make room for the ones who have not fought yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Considering all the experiments he's carried out, why couldn't he just clone an Uchiha by taking some of Sasuke's DNA with Kabuto's medical expertise.
Well, Yamato is the only one who survived the Shodai experiments, and Orochimaru didn't even know it until he met him on the bridge. I think Orochimaru consider that kind of gene transplantations as a major failure.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:40   Link #63
Sasuke_Bateman
No

mmm one peice raw is out and it's oh so good where's your raw?
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 14:47   Link #64
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
What poison failed?
How many poison have we seen from Oro? The one that was supposed to disable an Uchiha but failed to achieve that at the sharingan level, which constituted the major concern for Oro in the first place...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 15:28   Link #65
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Well, we have known for years Kisame and Itachi would meet Sasuke once more and it seems to be the arc.
For Deidara, I don't know what to think. His presence near Team Hebi doesn't make much sense (they leave Oro alone for 10 years and go straight at his murderer who is probably only the enemy of one of them while they leave Naruto and his allies who have already killed the third of Akatsuki are still left alone)
Well, Sasuke's actively hunting them while it seems like Oro was avoiding them, so he's a problem that needs immediate attention. Konoha's also hunting them, but they are a much larger group to deal with. It'll require more preparation for that. They'll have to deal with Konoha anyway when they finally get around to trying to capture Naruto.

Quote:
He is probably arranging the reunion, voluntarily or not. If it's not his intent, he'll fight, lose quickly, be captured by Sasuke, be interrogated (which will hype Sasuke even more since Kakashi just said it could not be done with that kind of guys) and lead him to Itachi.Deidara is an expandable character. I can see Kishi getting rid of him to make room for the ones who have not fought yet.
Expendable he is. He might get killed but I can't see him being captured or interrogated. Don't forget that when Deidara seems to be in a hopeless situation, he has a tendency to go "boom!" when nobody's expecting it.

Quote:
How many poison have we seen from Oro? The one that was supposed to disable an Uchiha but failed to achieve that at the sharingan level, which constituted the major concern for Oro in the first place...
I think the poison did it's job. It physically paralyzed Sasuke long enough that Oro could perform the body transfer jutsu. Maybe it wasn't as potent as Oro thought it would be, but if he had been aiming to kill Sasuke, the poison would've been enough for him to land a lethal blow.
Old 2007-05-10, 16:59   Link #66
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
After reading the whole spoiler thanks to De De I agree that Deidara will die here. But for Tobi he may be captured and interrogated in order to spill on AL's plans. I want to see that bald interrogation guy actually do what he's good at.

As for the relationship between Kisame and Suigetsu. I believe that Kisame is Suigetsu's father(not because the memories Kisame had) Its mostly because they share a lot of physical appearance in common. And Kisame seems old enough to be a father unless he's Suigetsu's older brother(gets you thinking right).

As for AL he seems like a nice guy for one that wants to take over the world. This is starting to revive my Iruka theory.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:07   Link #67
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Well, Yamato is the only one who survived the Shodai experiments, and Orochimaru didn't even know it until he met him on the bridge. I think Orochimaru consider that kind of gene transplantations as a major failure.
Cloning and gene transplantation isn't the same thing.
Old 2007-05-10, 17:15   Link #68
Rahan

Yeah, but Oro isn't interested in cloning. It doesn't involve abducting little kids.
Old 2007-05-10, 17:22   Link #69
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, but Oro isn't interested in cloning. It doesn't involve abducting little kids.
Yeah it would have if he did when he first got his hands on Sasuke.
Old 2007-05-10, 17:23   Link #70
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post

As for the relationship between Kisame and Suigetsu. I believe that Kisame is Suigetsu's father(not because the memories Kisame had) Its mostly because they share a lot of physical appearance in common. And Kisame seems old enough to be a father unless he's Suigetsu's older brother(gets you thinking right).
They're not related: Kisame Hoshigaki, Suigetsu Hoozuki
Old 2007-05-10, 17:25   Link #71
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
As for AL he seems like a nice guy for one that wants to take over the world. This is starting to revive my Iruka theory.
Lol i also felt that way when he was talking, he's the kinda guy if he was gonna take over the world you'd be fine with it....it's like " awww dude i don't mind take over the world" Generally Akatsuki seems like a bunch of really nice people. also Tobi will get kidnap by team Kakashi
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:31   Link #72
Rahan

Seriously, there is nothing that show Oro is able to clone. It looks less complicated than gene transplantations, but if he were able to, he probably would have.

And maybe Oro didn't want for 10 years for the clone's body to mature. Unless he wanted to become the world strongest baby.
Old 2007-05-10, 17:38   Link #73
tkdtiger

Quote:
The poison worked. Sasuke was paralyzed so if Oro. wanted to he could have killed Sasuke, but that would defeat the purpose of capturing Sasuke in the first place....
So Ibiki may make an appearance...That's awesome I always wanted to see what this guy is capable of and what type of interrogation he uses...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:41   Link #74
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
They're not related: Kisame Hoshigaki, Suigetsu Hoozuki
Thanks I didn't know his last name. But couldn't Suigetsu easily just change his last name. I mean Naruto made up his own last name.

I also agree with Rahan. Orochimaru would not have a reason to do that and probably didn't figure he had to.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:49   Link #75
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
So it seems Deidara & Tobi are going to be the middle opponents of Hebi for this arc. I can hear some teeth grinding from people who can't handle the current Sasuke hype already.
Its impolite to keep you waiting. So here I come.

Tobi is a replacement for Sasori so he cant be all that good and Diedre lost an arm to Kakashi, who is weaker than Sasuke (according to the hype). So it seems the Diedre/Tobi team are going to die to Team Hebi and their only purpose is to further hype Kish's stand-in.

Question is.... What's all this Sasuke Hyping leading to?

The death of Itachi?
or...
...are they hyping Itachi via proxy?
Meaning they go over the top hyping Sasuke so we think hes so great and then Itachi beats him like nothing.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 17:57   Link #76
Rahan

Quote:
Thanks I didn't know his last name. But couldn't Suigetsu easily just change his last name. I mean Naruto made up his own last name.
Actually, AL is the one calling Suigetsu one of the Hoozuki brothers in this chapter spoiler.
Old 2007-05-10, 19:17   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Don't worry, he is most probably targeting my earlier post.
Don't be paranoid Sazelyt, I didn't even notice you made a post in this thread.
I was just speaking generally, not just you in particular.

Quote:
just because some people like to blindly follow everything (i.e., considering the second dimensional space prepared for a "single" character in the story as a great thing), doesn't mean everyone has to do or feel the same.
I have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
I think the poison did it's job. It physically paralyzed Sasuke long enough that Oro could perform the body transfer jutsu. Maybe it wasn't as potent as Oro thought it would be, but if he had been aiming to kill Sasuke, the poison would've been enough for him to land a lethal blow.
You don't understand Sazelyt's point of view, he thinks the poison was a failure because it should have stopped Sasuke to defend himself inside Oro's mental world as well.
He thinks Sasuke should have lost no matter what, so the fact that neither Oro nor Kabuto believed possible to resist the ritual Sharingan or not is irrelevant and/or a plothole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
Its impolite to keep you waiting. So here I come.

Tobi is a replacement for Sasori so he cant be all that good and Diedre lost an arm to Kakashi, who is weaker than Sasuke (according to the hype). So it seems the Diedre/Tobi team are going to die to Team Hebi and their only purpose is to further hype Kish's stand-in.

Question is.... What's all this Sasuke Hyping leading to?

The death of Itachi?
or...
...are they hyping Itachi via proxy?
Meaning they go over the top hyping Sasuke so we think hes so great and then Itachi beats him like nothing.
I fail to see how Tobi being Sasori's remplacement means he's not that good. As for Deidara he lost an arm against one of the deadliest jutsu in the whole show regardless of the "power level" of its user whereas he was merely running away since he had no more clay to attack.
And yes of course the hype works both way, it shows Sasuke as extremely strong now and will show off the strength of the one who will take him down later.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 20:00   Link #78
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Suigetsu has a brother or brothers. Expect to see him/them.
Old 2007-05-10, 20:32   Link #79
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Suigetsu has a brother or brothers. Expect to see him/them.
Doubtful, somehow I imagine Suigetsu's siblings are dead.

If Deidra fights Sasuke it would be a very bad match for Sas. I don't see Sasuke being able to fight effectively against a long-range nin.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 21:25   Link #80
itachi29al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Doubtful, somehow I imagine Suigetsu's siblings are dead.

If Deidra fights Sasuke it would be a very bad match for Sas. I don't see Sasuke being able to fight effectively against a long-range nin.
Your forgetting that sasuke can fly as well so if they fight it would be more like a chase scene. Also a lot of people are talking about a Sai and Deidara fight but sai would not stand a chance. He pretty much has the abilities of deidara only his art cant explode. But then again he can do his moves fast.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote