3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-28, 18:48   Link #61
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

I know, I know.

I just loved how it was done in the anime. He did PWN everybody (it was 3 against one), and Saber was in the lot.

Even when his fists weren't enhanced, Saber couldn't lay a finger on him.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 18:55   Link #62
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
I know, I know.

I just loved how it was done in the anime. He did PWN everybody (it was 3 against one), and Saber was in the lot.

Even when his fists weren't enhanced, Saber couldn't lay a finger on him.
You also got to take into account that none of them knew that this creepy looking tencher was this good physical fighting. i am guessing almost all the pervious masters have been mages with magic as thier primary weapon. Both Shirou and Kuzuki are more of a exception then the rule. Kuzuk with his enhance abilities probably suprise all three of them.
Old 2006-04-28, 19:09   Link #63
Tabris

OMG OMG OMG Anime Caster ftw. well, when you can see her face and ever so awesome elf ears. I think this is the first time I've admitted to Caster being cute...if it is, I meant to say it a couple of weeks ago.

Can't wait till the subs come out

It's strange looking at those caps of Kuzuki-Sensei or w/e he's called, I forget. Very strange.

Hopefully this will diverge into something original, but awesomely original, not in a lame way.

All I can say is when they go to Ryuudoji temple I'm expecting:

Spoiler:
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:15   Link #64
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
Episode 17 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
so it is the same deal with tsukihime by pissing off fan by NOT following the novel faithfully?

also what exactly is the dagger Rule Breaker do? It breaks a contract between a master and servant or what? O,o
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:16   Link #65
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
so it is the same deal with tsukihime by pissing off fan by NOT following the novel faithfully?

also what exactly is the dagger Rule Breaker do? It breaks a contract between a master and servant or what? O,o
the Rule Breaker Nulls all magic icluding contracts between servents and master.
Old 2006-04-28, 19:26   Link #66
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
Technically, Tsukihime followed Arcueid's true end a bit more faithfully than Fate is following the Fate Arc at the moment.

It was just that they glossed over too much stuff - no Kohaku, no Sacchin, different personality for Shiki, added to bad pacing and filler episodes like the carnival.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:30   Link #67
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

btw what are they passing Illya off as?

Sabre younger sister or Shirou 's cousins?
Old 2006-04-28, 19:30   Link #68
DwArD
mAnIaC

Huh? Including contracts? I was seriously hoping that wouldn't happen in the anime but.........I'm going to so hate 'em if they really cancel the contract between Shirou and Saber! Finally get to see some sparks between Shirou and Saber and now they're just going to throw that away? No way~

On the other hand, we'll at least get to see Shirou join in in future battles....
Old 2006-04-28, 19:45   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-28, 19:47   Link #70
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The best thing about this ep we they finally reveal who caster is. So we can start saying about her ex-husband . that worthess piece of human trash
Old 2006-04-28, 19:49   Link #71
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
The best thing about this ep we they finally reveal who caster is. So we can start saying about her ex-husband . that worthess piece of human trash
Er....I dunno much about Medea so could someone please enlighten me?
Old 2006-04-28, 20:03   Link #72
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
...By the way, what info about Souichirou did they reveal in this ep?
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:05   Link #73
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Sakura's story shouldn't be told at this late of stage. I am afraid the animators felt they have to cram in 3 stories into one anime which will not work. At least I can assauge my dissapointment by reading the game novel again. Ugh.

My favourite anime turned into like this, I cannot hide my disappointment about it.
Old 2006-04-28, 20:05   Link #74
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Medea's in the story of Jason and the Argonauts ... basically, she helps him survive the three tasks and get the Golden Fleece, and helps him beat a whole bunch of enemies, and in the end he betrays her for another woman. I think she ends up killing her children because she is so distressed and wants to hit him where it hurts.

Feel free to add on or correct anything.
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:12   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Medea's in the story of Jason and the Argonauts ... basically, she helps him survive the three tasks and get the Golden Fleece, and helps him beat a whole bunch of enemies, and in the end he betrays her for another woman. I think she ends up killing her children because she is so distressed and wants to hit him where it hurts.

Feel free to add on or correct anything.
that pretty much sums it up

but to nitpick a bit she kill Jason's new wife and father in law as well.
Old 2006-04-28, 20:22   Link #76
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Sakura's story shouldn't be told at this late of stage. I am afraid the animators felt they have to cram in 3 stories into one anime which will not work. At least I can assauge my dissapointment by reading the game novel again. Ugh.

My favourite anime turned into like this, I cannot hide my disappointment about it.
What? Three? You're being a tad too melodramatic. There hasn't been any of the events from Heaven's Feel in the anime. Not even the most recent episode contained anything. All they've done is to provide vague hints at Sakura. It's possible they could do more with her, but it's also highly possible all she'll be is a pawn for Caster. The only bits of UBW that they managed to put in were so that certain characters wouldn't get the shaft and they've done those quite well too. Had that little fight between Shirou and Rider not happened, people would've complained about her lack of screen time. It hardly takes away the coherency of the story.

I, personally, enjoy this development. It's something new and they're handling it pretty well. If I wanted the game storyline, I'd play the game again. Though I'm staying away from these episode threads until I see the RAW. There were spoilers four to five posts in regarding the new episode before it was released on torrent

An 8 from me. Loved the Souichirou fight and Sakura was pretty damn creepy skitting around. But otherwise, this is just a setup episode IMO. The real deal should begin next week.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 20:40   Link #77
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
All the pervious wars have been fought in the same city. What master has the time to take his servant sight seeing in China?
As I recall, Heroic spirits are also summoned to catastrophes to cleanse the area. If Archer was summoned to the tomb, or maybe even back in time to when they were in use, well...
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 21:05   Link #78
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Sakura's story shouldn't be told at this late of stage. I am afraid the animators felt they have to cram in 3 stories into one anime which will not work.
Actualy as mencioned previously so far we have seen very little or nothing in what relates to the Heaven's Feel scenario., the anime has been somewhat consistent in most aspects of the Fate scenario.., and probably will end as such.

Most of the comments about Dark Sakura appearing or the development between Archer vs Shirou in the UBW is mostely just our speculation.

I am sure all of us would like to see Dark Sakura, and even Dark Saber, all of the UBW Fight, etc in the anime.., and since the story itself has not been 100% directly faithfull to the Fate scenario, we think that there is still some probability's of parts of the other scenario's to be introduced.

A good example is the Archer vs Shirou fight in the intro..., its clearly taken out from the UBW, nowhere in the "Fate" does that happen.., never the less they added it into the intro and made us wonder if it would realy happen in the anime.
It might.., it might not..., it might simply be something new that came with the new OP, as in to give us more in-sight on the full character developments..

Either way I don't expect it to difer much from the Fate until the end..; altough as I mencioned in my previous post., so many things are still in possibility..

Regarding Gil.., yes.., it is possible that he will either appear at the end of episode 19 or 20; it would fit the story..

I am just wondering what will happen to Sakura now, since this change in her role doesn't appear in any of the 3 sets.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 21:12   Link #79
DwArD
mAnIaC

I have nothing against Sakura turning dark as long as they don't kill her or anything. But there's 2 things that I'll hate to see, and they're Saber becoming Rin's servent and Saber becoming dark Saber.

Just saw the ep. I won't say its a very good episode either but I kinda enjoy the battle scene. Shirou's pretty good in handling Archer's sword (can't remember the names) even though its his first time using it. Any possibility of Shirou's imaging Archer's sword's memories? And Rin seemed kinda amazed...or rather...surprised that Shirou is able to image Archer's sword.
Old 2006-04-28, 21:15   Link #80
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
I think when he traces (or images, don't remember which this applies to) weapons, he gets all the memories associated with wielding them (and maybe a few others). This allows for mastery of use, which in the end is very helpful.

And I want to see Dark Saber ... she has the coolest character design imo
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote