2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-18, 14:37   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Definetely an enjoyable episode. I really like the BGM that was played when Rin and Shirou were running around destroying magical seals.
Yeah, thats a good tune - kind of a remix of the tune thats already been used a number of times.

Gaaawd i want the OST so badly! >.<
Old 2006-02-18, 18:16   Link #62
DrewGSR

Good ep, its like so building up for some good fight. I am so ready for some master/servant action, I mean its been 7 eps already and we only know of about 4 masters and 5 servants so im wondering how many eps this series is going to be i dont want to rush it towards the end. I need to see some fighting and deth soon lol.

Heh, from the previews the next eps looks interesting. Emiya is a pimp!!
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 18:21   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR
so im wondering how many eps this series is going to be i dont want to rush it towards the end.
The series is 26 episodes long.
Old 2006-02-18, 18:32   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

Correction: The series is 24 eps long.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 18:42   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Correction: The series is 24 eps long.
My bad, i heard 26 at the start of the series.. didn't think twice about looking it up. ^^;
Old 2006-02-18, 19:03   Link #66
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Great episode! I gave it a 10 for Rin and Shirou scenes. Rin is a sly one!. Sakura needs to become very heartbroken, disillusioned and crushed imo. That's because I'm tired of the domestic goddesses winning and watching these types take a fall is so much fun!

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see Rider fight again!
Old 2006-02-18, 19:24   Link #67
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Great episode! I gave it a 10 for Rin and Shirou scenes. Rin is a sly one!. Sakura needs to become very heartbroken, disillusioned and crushed imo. That's because I'm tired of the domestic goddesses winning and watching these types take a fall is so much fun!

Spoiler:

Can't wait to see Rider fight again!
She needs her hopes and dreams crushed, everything she ever valued stolen from her. She needs to be dragged down to the very depths of despair.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:31   Link #68
WabukiSensei
Chillin out

Do real japanese schools provide easy access to the rooftop? Or does this apply only to anime? It seems like almost all the 'school-themed' anime seem to have school rooftop scenes.
WabukiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:34   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
She needs her hopes and dreams crushed, everything she ever valued stolen from her. She needs to be dragged down to the very depths of despair.
Heh, you know what you're on about there TS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WabukiSensei
Do real japanese schools provide easy access to the rooftop? Or does this apply only to anime? It seems like almost all the 'school-themed' anime seem to have school rooftop scenes.
Hmm, i do believe so - though maybe they need a special key or something.
Old 2006-02-18, 19:56   Link #70
Mr. Guy

I saw the RAW yesterday, but now that I've seen the sub I'll comment...

I must say, I prefer this episode to the previous one. I don't think it was done as well, but it was a lot more enjoyable for me to watch. I know the basic storyline from playing the game so it's good to see these moments of downtime portrayed in the anime (because I sadly skipped through them to get to the story when I was playing). I'll be sure to go back once I have my Japanese down better.

It's nice to see that they can still pull of some good comedy. I was originally quite a bit afraid because I can't see the anime character designs exhibiting as wide an arrary of emotions when compared to its game counterpart. I still believe this to be true, but they've shown that they can provide humor in other ways. Kudos to them.

Loved the breakfast and post breakfast scene. As well as Ayako laying there. Pretty powerful stuff.
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 20:30   Link #71
Leonhart
ReincarnatioN™

If this happen.....

(after the breakfast)....
Saber : You were assaulted by Rider; is that not danger?
Shirou : Well...
Saber : Shirou, for being a master, you do not have enough self-awareness. Next time, buy yourself a gun.
Shirou : ....
Old 2006-02-18, 20:57   Link #72
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragicsmile
I thought we are going to stop talking about kaede
Old 2006-02-19, 03:21   Link #73
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I'm a patient person with anime, so perhaps that's why I'm only getting irritated now at Shirou...

That little harem setup at home is fine... no matter how you turn it, with that many girls you will step on some toes no matter what. He also took the time to talk to Sakura which is good of him.

However.... what is the deal with Shirou and Saber? He treats her as if she is some helpless girl in need for his protection. Saber got pissed at that before and he appologized for it.... but of course in one ear, out the other...
It's not that it's a bad idea to conserve the seals (perhaps another reason to bring her to school...) but why the "*ç%ç%& does he do it alone? Also, if he is so worried about seals and by now he already has been in a situation twice where he needed the seal. He still goes all "so Saber, all is peachy at school... bs bs bs bs bs bs"

Rin JUST told him to go staight home and not wander anywhere and he said ok. I mean is he so stupid that he can't see how utterly chanceless he is? Any servant can outfight him, any master can outcast him...

All he had to do is take note that the archery dojo was a spot they missed and get to it the next day with Rin.

Sorry, I just can't explain his actions... he knows he can't dispell any of those wards... he knows he can't win against whatever is there. He already left Saber sitting at home like some pretty puppet.

I just don't see this as idealism anymore. It's as stupid as taking the blow for someone else. All that does is guarantee the death of both your and whoever you tried to protect. Ilya spared them because of plot device...
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 03:32   Link #74
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A 7 ... saving grace for all the comedy moments .. the harem situation, Rin going to gents

And, I would like to introduces a compulsory line for me in ep threads from now on ...

Shirou... BAKA!!!!!

There... feels much better ^---^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:05   Link #75
kujoe
from head to heel

This was an ok episode. No major complaints actually.

Just as others have mentioned, I like the Rin x Shirou interaction—especially the part when Rin told Shirou to go home while displaying a good dose of tsundere attitude. And similar to episode 6, the conversation near the end served as the highlight for me. I thought the piano piece that was playing during that scene complemeted the mood just fine as well.

As for Shirou's penchant for heroics, the very first thing that came to mind was, why not use a cellphone and call Rin? Personally, I think that somehting like that should've been instinctive in this day and age, but there's no use in trying to analyze a fictional character's state of mind with so little to go around with. Besides, the simplest explanation would be that he might not be even carrying one.

Anyway, I just found it somewhat foolish. Shirou chasing after Rider in episode 6 could've been a bit justified as him being lost in the thick of things, but his decision in this episode—when he had ample time to think things over—was simply a rushed and bad move.

And oh, this episode felt like the shortest one so far.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:31   Link #76
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Shirou... BAKA!!!!!
We should start every episode discussion by saying this!

@kujoe: Wouldn't it look like they were dating if Shirou had Rin's phone number on his cellphone? It also looked like he thought about Rin and Saber and chose to check it out. Maybe, he thought that he could scope things out and get out fast without anyone noticing. (Big mistake!)

No one in this title so far seems to have a cellphone. Isn't that strange?

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-02-19 at 04:42.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 04:37   Link #77
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A 7 that would have been an 8 without Shirou's careless behaviour at the end. Among 3 chances:

- Summon Saber
- Call Rin back
- Wait for the day after, with Rin

He chose the worst of the ways at all. Didn't he figure already the danger at the archery? Didn't he already figure that Shinji was Rider's master, after all?
I've excused him until now, for his lack of experience, but this time I would call this a major error. Just because he's the main hero and can't die, this doesn't supposedly allows him to behave like a stupid. We're almost at 1/3 of the series, time for him to grow.
For the rest, I liked a lot all of the Rin sequences, and also the funny moments at the beginning with the hungry Saber, I didn't read all the thread, anyway I assume that she had to eat that much because she spent a lot of energies the day before in order to heal Shirou's wound, correct?

And the trio Sakura+Saber+Rin sure is a good combo
Old 2006-02-19, 04:53   Link #78
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
@kujoe: Wouldn't it look like they were dating if Shirou had Rin's phone number on his cellphone? It also looked like he thought about Rin and Saber and chose to check it out. Maybe, he thought that he could scope things out and get out fast without anyone noticing. (Big mistake!)
Hell no! Who's going to catch him dialing Rin's number anyway?

It's just strange really. I was just like, "Dude! Just call her up or run after her or something." Then I realized: the simplest and safest alternative takes a back seat for plot. As usual.

Now if I only can only burn some time until episode 8.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 07:20   Link #79
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

some great dialogue between rin and shirou, i think we even got a blushing rin when they where leaving the school =D (or it was the lighting =[ ),

i like shirous lack of common sense, because he still isnt treating this grail war seriously, he is curious so he checks out the dojo like any ordinary joe, he doesnt think about wether there is a master or sevant and that he is helpless.
Seems that he still doesnt realise the seriousness of the grail war and im liking that, hopefully there will be a event/trigger that will throw him into the deep end.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 08:26   Link #80
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

In the nexted episode, i can see maybe Saber thinking about leaving Shirou.. just the look on her face in the t hree times she's shown in the preview says it all.. that and someone else has appeared at the house apart from Rin. ^^;