Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 17:17   Link #61
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
Any word on locating this cracker? I take it that someone will be needing a new splintered aluminum baseball bat for Christmas?
Yeah you know there is no need to provoke such folks to hack this forum again.

@Mb81, danke für die Mühe, den Server neu aufzusetzen ist bestimmt kein schöner Job.

Ich hatte mal einen 1&1 Account, der von Brasilianern über den Apache gehackt wurde. Behalt den immer schön auf dem neuesten Stand
Old 2005-12-18, 17:17   Link #62
bayoab

There should also be a list of threads that should be Perm-locked before they get out of control again ("what is loli" thread if it exists...) and/or created in Lock form. Those threads had degenerated to the point where there was no positive info being added to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
We could demand that the most loyal of member get their reputation restored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Thinking about it, I too think the loss of rep is really discouraging to a lot of members. Im wondering if there's some way to help the members get their reputation back a bit faster.

But I guess that's not really possible in any fair way, and it would be prone to abuse.
If the person really deserved the rep, then it will come back to them. I had earned a massive amount in the past month and im not really complaing because it will come back eventually. It shouldn't matter how many green dots under your name there are. More green dots != a better poster . All it means is that they has more people who are willing to + him for things (that may or may not deserve a +, such as the example below which is an OT/funny post and there is nothing about it that deserves rep in either direction.) People are probably going to start abusing it by +'ing their friends just so they get back up to old levels and -'ing others who disagree with their methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
ROLF. Awww, man. I so wish I could rep you. This shit aint fair.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:18   Link #63
karthak
Baruk Khazad

I joined in august. I finally managed to get some reputation and then the whole forum gets torpedoed..........If I ever get my hands on those damn hackers then I`ll be put into prison because I gave them a one-way journey to the bottom of Helsinki harbor..........
Old 2005-12-18, 17:21   Link #64
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
If the person really deserved the rep, then it will come back to them. I had earned a massive amount in the past month and im not really complaing because it will come back eventually. It shouldn't matter how many green dots under your name there are. More green dots != a better poster . All it means is that they has more people who are willing to + him for things (that may or may not deserve a +, such as the example below which is an OT/funny post and there is nothing about it that deserves rep in either direction.) People are probably going to start abusing it by +'ing their friends just so they get back up to old levels and -'ing others who disagree with their methods.
I agree.

If the person was a good enough poster to get that rep in the first place, I believe they can get it again.

I don't believe we need a way of getting the rep that we lost back, even though some members might be very discouraged (myself included). I guess all we can do is continue to be good members
Old 2005-12-18, 17:23   Link #65
justsomeguy

And with that...
1) The most extensive discussion of Air anywhere is lost. Newcomers to anime will never discover its beauty because only those who actually watched it will remember it.
2) Shuffle! is almost over, and now there's barely enough topics there to fill a thread. With the show upon its finale, I doubt it'll ever gain enough posts to reflect its true popularity.
3) Except through word-of-mouth, new mecha watchers will not be aware of how much Gundam Seed Destiny sucked until it's too late. They'll watch the first few episodes, think it's awesome, then waste 20 hours of their lives watching the disaster unfold instead of worthier shows. Fukuda must be laughing his ass off.
4) My synopses of each episode of Nanoha A's is lost! The new show is practically over, yet its topic will end up far shorter than the first show!
5) DCSS. Well, not much happened in the show, so there's not much to discuss anyway.
6) Zettai Shonen, a fairly obscure niche show, is over, and all discussion on this weird series about characters with personality disorders, fairies, and the 3 pets is gone. This show will be doomed to obscurity.
7) The sexy, bloody, and depraved humor of Dokuro-chan is no longer discussed. Being only 8 half-length episodes, this fun series will never be in the spotlight ever again.
8) It is a travesty that Futakoi still has a thread, but the improved (yet still not all that good) Futakoi Alternative is completely gone.
9) Without a lengthy discussion around, now ignorants will just pass up Mahoraba as a "Love Hina" clone.

Oh, and I support the death penalty for crackers and spammers.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:23   Link #66
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Thany's avatar and sig broke the forum :x Too much pedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
And with that...
1) The most extensive discussion of Air anywhere is lost. Newcomers to anime will never discover its beauty because only those who actually watched it will remember it.
2) Shuffle! is almost over, and now there's barely enough topics there to fill a thread. With the show upon its finale, I doubt it'll ever gain enough posts to reflect its true popularity.
3) Except through word-of-mouth, new mecha watchers will not be aware of how much Gundam Seed Destiny sucked until it's too late. They'll watch the first few episodes, think it's awesome, then waste 20 hours of their lives watching the disaster unfold instead of worthier shows. Fukuda must be laughing his ass off.
4) My synopses of each episode of Nanoha A's is lost! The new show is practically over, yet its topic will end up far shorter than the first show!
5) DCSS. Well, not much happened in the show, so there's not much to discuss anyway.
6) Zettai Shonen, a fairly obscure niche show, is over, and all discussion on this weird series about characters with personality disorders, fairies, and the 3 pets is gone. This show will be doomed to obscurity.
7) The sexy, bloody, and depraved humor of Dokuro-chan is no longer discussed. Being only 8 half-length episodes, this fun series will never be in the spotlight ever again.
8) It is a travesty that Futakoi still has a thread, but the improved (yet still not all that good) Futakoi Alternative is completely gone.
9) Without a lengthy discussion around, now ignorants will just pass up Mahoraba as a "Love Hina" clone.

Thank god about AIR, now if only we could ensure that it will be ignored forever!
No Shuffle and Nanoha threads? OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 2005-12-18, 17:29   Link #67
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
I take it that someone will be needing a new splintered aluminum baseball bat for Christmas?
Man, I bet if half of us found out who it was, we would be the ones needing new baseball bats. Hit them 'till the bat splintered. But realisticaly, there is only a very small chance of finding them..
Old 2005-12-18, 17:32   Link #68
sabot99

In addition, kj1980's extensive, detailed overview of the Full Metal Panic universe is gone. Hopefully he kept his own copy and will repost it.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:33   Link #69
Shay
Monarch Programmer

You do realise the rep function was implemented to the forums as a "fun" gesture don't you? If a post makes you laugh then you should rep it just as much as you should rep an informative one. If you take it too seriously you get angsty and make really discouraging posts.... * V *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2005-12-18, 17:34   Link #70
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabot99
In addition, kj1980's extensive, detailed overview of the Full Metal Panic universe is gone.
Don't fear, I have a copy of it. It hasn't been posted yet because kj1980 might have a more complete version. Plus, if I post it... he won't be able to maintain it anymore
Old 2005-12-18, 17:36   Link #71
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
And with that...

Oh, and I support the death penalty for crackers and spammers.
In response:

1: Most certainly a shame, I couldn't agree more.
2: This really sucks. All of the fun we had in the fave shuffle girl thread, gone forever That's where I picked up my first 20 or so posts as well, heh.
3: OMG no! A sticky thread with a title like 'Don't watch it, it's crap!' could work?
4: It sucks even more when you lose quality posts like that (I know the pain from the same thing happening on another forum).
5: I made the point in the new thread that at least we can dicuss the subs this time without having to wade through pages worth of spoilered Raw discussions
6: Not so! I missed the discussion entirely, but noticed the latest three releases (last 3 eps), wondered what it was, looked it up on ANN, thought it looked weird and therefore something I'd like, and am downloading all eps as we speak
7: Never seen it, never really want to. Not my thing.
8: Mmm, didn't think that much of Alternative at all, personally. Much preffered the first one.
9: We need to educate the ignorant then

And I agree on sentencing crackers to the death penalty. As I stated in another thread, they should be hanged, drawn and quartered - arguably the nastiest way to execute someone ever devised (look it up on wikipedia for the details ).
Old 2005-12-18, 17:39   Link #72
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Now can someone explain to me how to make a "recovery post"? No point in trying if you don't know how right?
Old 2005-12-18, 17:41   Link #73
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Well at least the forum is back up even if a lot was lost. Shame about that... So many informative posts gone... I jut hope this is the last time this will happen.
Quote:
Well, I doubt anyone that really thinks that would bother reading the entire mahoraba thread anyway. Anyone else who might get that idea can be assured by a simple post that it isn't true, and will confirm it by watching the series themselves.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:43   Link #74
daflecta
(^_^)

Man, it's good to be back. You don't know what you got until it's gone I guess. Glad that AnimeSuki is up and running again, and of course, thanks tot all the people who made it possible.

It's funny to see that some people regret the loss of reputation. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a sad thing but it doesn't compare to the loss of all those posts containing interesting and fun opinions. And besides, people who were famous in the past, shall be famous once more in the future.

Well, it's posting time I guess Didn't have a look at the rest of te forum yet, so it's time for some shock an awe.
Old 2005-12-18, 17:54   Link #75
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

The Shuffle thread is practically nothing now. :cries: T_T. I'm going to miss all those fun threads and posts there.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:07   Link #76
Kawaii Denka
白き妖精

Thanks to the mods and admin for the hard work!

But wow, one year really is long in 'internet-anime time' (IAT as I call it now)...GSD is back to the start (when people like me believed the series could turn out good...) lots of animes hadn't started yet, the Bleach forum looks new (well it wasn't born yet)...

and my account wasn't around yet...talk about strange.

Quote:
And with that...
1) Probably the truest thing of the lot. There are other discussions in other languages around thankfully And I'm sure some dedicated Air fan will write a detailed fact about everything that is now poof~
2) Shuffle...dang, now we can't prove Asa was most popular in the poll anymore lol~
3) We think alike...except I think GSD is so infamous that it doesn't really matter if the forum is gone, everybody knows how bad it was in the end anyways...the TRUE loss is the RIDICULOUS PICS DISCUSSION THREAD 5000+ posts of sheer brilliance and humour now lost...the amount of effort that went into that thread is greater than all other threads on asuki (yeah the Rate Ava/Sig thread was longer...but that was just ratings)... *prays somebody saved all the images*
Old 2005-12-18, 18:08   Link #77
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
The Shuffle thread is practically nothing now.
Well people can complain about it being a horrible disaster and just get more depressed... or they can look for threads on the search engines, start the topics again with anything useful they find and move on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
can someone explain to me how to make a "recovery post"?
As it says in the "Forum - December 2005" notice, you can use any web search engine -- that has a public cache -- as you would do normally to find content that was on the forum just before the attack. In Google, Yahoo! and MSN you get a "cached" link next to the result, in GigaBlast you get a "[archive copy]" link. If you click on that you'll see a page of the forum that matches your query. Hopefully it is part of an interesting thread.

The tricky bit is knowing what to search for... You can put URLs direct into the search engine, this is good if you know the old thread's url... or the archive url (which is very similar). Keywords like "archive", "animesuki" and "forum" help you pick out threads from the AnimeSuki forum archive view, which are most helpful in creating threads -- because they lack formatting, so posting the content in a viewable form is much easier (keywords for MSN: "site:forums.animesuki.com" "forums" "animesuki" "archive" "30995"). I make the nick names bold and add a "_____" above each post to make them easier to see which is which.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:11   Link #78
CorpMazral3
Corp-Kun

Send a message via Yahoo to CorpMazral3
Wow 6 days-ish its been down. I seriously was going insane. Thank god its back, even if everything was deleted and such. Thanks a lot I really appreciate all of your hard work.
Old 2005-12-18, 18:17   Link #79
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Thank you so much for the help NightWish!

Too bad all was lost for the Gundam Ridiculous Pictures Discussion Thread.

Quote:
the amount of effort that went into that thread is greater than all other threads on asuki (yeah the Rate Ava/Sig thread was longer...but that was just ratings)... *prays somebody saved all the images*
I saved some of those cute little comics that were posted so if you want I can post those. (But I think they're kinda easy to find anyway)
Old 2005-12-18, 18:19   Link #80
Mb81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
Yeah you know there is no need to provoke such folks to hack this forum again.

@Mb81, danke für die Mühe, den Server neu aufzusetzen ist bestimmt kein schöner Job.

Ich hatte mal einen 1&1 Account, der von Brasilianern über den Apache gehackt wurde. Behalt den immer schön auf dem neuesten Stand
Als hätte man die Wahl. Die Server wurden nicht wirklich gehackt. Vbulletin beinhaltet leider immer noch einen Remove Excution Exploit, der ermöglichte Systembefehle ausführen zu können. Und so man ein Infos paar bekommen, die man gnadenlos ausgenutzt hat. Um jedoch auf Nummer sicher zu gehen, haben wir die Server noch mal aufgesetzt. Um es potentiellen Angreifern noch schwieriger zu machen, wurde das System nun extrem abgesichert. Ich will da nicht ins Detail gehen, aber ich bezweifle das es noch mal passiert.
Closed Thread