AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2005-01-01, 08:44   Link #61
Mentar
Banned

Oh, ABSOLUTELY

I'm getting a kick out of the manga too, especially BECAUSE it's so different! Thanks for your hard work ^_^
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 09:26   Link #62
ShikaShika
無罪

I also like both very much, though I prefer the manga so far. That's mainly because of the plot differences, because everything else about the anime is great.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 10:36   Link #63
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Chapter 15: Miroir aka 2nd part of the Anti-Orphan Squad vs the Ori-HiME Team is out at Anime-Source.

There is also some informaiton on why Haruka and Yukino are so hard up about the Academy.

Note: Please forget my explanation for Koumokuten at the end of Chapter 11. It is revealed in Chapter 16 ( I should have read it in detail long ago *sigh* ) My own attempt was wrong. So if you wish to know what Koumokuten really stands for, wait for Chapter 16. All scans with notes regarding Koumokuten have been corrected.

To continue with the momentum, the manga and the anime are targeting at different audience. Hence there will be those who like the anime but at the least ambivalent towards the manga and vice versa. So it is unsurprising to see different bunch of people liking one more than the other.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 10:52   Link #64
Mentar
Banned

Yay to Yebosh! ^_^

So we can look forward to the last chapters soon, too?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 11:11   Link #65
TrueKnight

wtf?

Spoiler:
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 16:08   Link #66
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
"More useful" ?

Dude, he basically has no purpose to EXIST in the anime. Aside from being the token "falls over too much accidently grabbing girls' boobs" comic relief character.
Abicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 20:51   Link #67
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abicion
"More useful" ?

Dude, he basically has no purpose to EXIST in the anime. Aside from being the token "falls over too much accidently grabbing girls' boobs" comic relief character.

Tate? No purpose in the anime?

I suppose you're referring to the kendo dude who always bumps into Natsuki right?

Tate:
1.) Argueably saved Takumi by delivering the pills to him. (Which Mai would not have been able to do under the anime's circumstances.)

2.) Went through many events with the orphans and stuff.

3.) Is probably one reason of Mai's stress

4.) Messed up Kanzuki X Mai

And though this is argueable, I'm pretty sure Tate will have a major part to play somewhere along the line.

True, in the anime Tate's role is much more indirect, but to say he serves no purpose would be a little too extreme.

Regarding anime vs. manga:

The anime gives a healthy dose of plot and action, while the manga gives a healthy dose of fanservice and more fanservice.

Conclusion: Watch both, it's a win-win situation
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 22:04   Link #68
silverstarz

i just started to read the manga... and the first difference i noticed was the story/plot, it is so different from the anime. Also there is alot more fanservice... but all in all I'll keep both... as a comparison. Thnx to all the ppl who r translating both the manga as well as the anime^^
silverstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 22:57   Link #69
Abicion
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Abicion
Quote:
1.) Argueably saved Takumi by delivering the pills to him. (Which Mai would not have been able to do under the anime's circumstances.)

2.) Went through many events with the orphans and stuff.

3.) Is probably one reason of Mai's stress

4.) Messed up Kanzuki X Mai
Translation: He adds absolutely nothing worthful to the plot that a handful of lesser characters couldn't.

Not to mention, your second reason is completely irrelevant. So he watched the Orphans attacking and Mai fighting a few times. Random bystander extra =/= Supporting character.

Quote:
And though this is argueable, I'm pretty sure Tate will have a major part to play somewhere along the line.
He may, he may not. Just watch.

But strictly considering more than the first half of the series has been Mai, Mikoto, and Natsuki-centric to the point that it's disgusting ...
Abicion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 23:06   Link #70
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Translation: He adds absolutely nothing worthful to the plot that a handful of lesser characters couldn't.
In terms of plot, maybe not much (apart from adding tension to Mai), but in terms of bringing out Mai's character, he has done something.

Plus, assuming Tate's role is to bring out the inner personalities of characters, he hasn't really had much of a chance to do his job.

Probably in the near future we'll see more of this aspect of Tate.

(e.g. Something along the lines of another 'rain scene with Mai'.)

Quote:
Just watch.

And considering more than the first half of the series has been Mai, Mikoto, and Natsuki-centric to the point that it's disgusting ...
Thus Tate should have a larger role in the second half.

Afterall, Tate is the first non-family male to appear in the anime. Since Mai-HiME doesn't seem to suggest incenstual relationships, it's almost guaranteed that Tate+Mai will be the main relationship.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 01:47   Link #71
Rotweiler

Quote:
I disagree. Considering that the role of the HiME's lover seems to be quite important, if Tate ends up becoming Mai's BF, then there's a lot of emotional and dramatic moments to wring out of it.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 07:03   Link #72
Takemi_Ikazuchi

What's wrong with Tate being a support character?
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 07:11   Link #73
Dr. DVS 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
That said, translating the manga is starting to make me hate the Kensai-ben Stupid Tate and Fujino. Yep, they are from the Kansai region, anybody notice if they speak Kansai-ben in the anime?
Tate sounds like a... street-fighting punk. Real original there, Tomokazu Seki.
Fujino's accent is so thick I need one of those Showtime knives to cut it. Not bad for someone with almost no voice-acting experience.

Last edited by Dr. DVS 1; 2005-01-03 at 07:41.
Dr. DVS 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 07:29   Link #74
wao
OK.

I never noted if Tate had much of an accent. I think he doesn't really have one, I dunno...

Shizuru Fujino has a Kyoto accent from what I remember. Gosh that is quite interesting to listen to. ANyone else in anime has Kyoto accents?
Old 2005-01-03, 22:09   Link #75
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Wow, the fanservice in this is crazy.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 13:45   Link #76
solarknight123

Mai-hime manga version

Not sure if something like this has been made but still curiout anyway. So what do you guys think of the manga version. Personally, i think it's ok, but just filled with so many falts. One of the major turn-offs was the triangle between mai, tate, and nasuki. I wished they keeped it maixtate and nasukixshizuru. I would even prefer nasukixtakida than her and tate. Also what got me was the personallity of the other characters and how their made a little less humane, like for instance akira and mikoto starting a fight it the middle of a class, and haruka putting the safety of the building befor the safety of the students. It was cool seeing haruka as a hime but she becomes somewhat of a bitch. She would do anything just to become president, even use cheating methods. The haruka from the anime would never do that. Anothe thing that got me was the rediculous display of fanservice. I mean even though it's kinda hot, everytime they fight their clothes are the first to go. They might as well fight naked just to save them the trouble. The few things i like about the manga was just the action. Otherwise unlike the anime, the characters have no resolve, they just fight for kicks. It also annoyed me that mashiro was happy-go-luck with anything that went on in the school with the himes, but not as much as the fact that shizuru's not a freaken hime!
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 13:53   Link #77
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
me it's ok...
I like the Manga HIME

Well yeah the Key System is very Complex and very Bad
And Tate is a badass :/
But
More Violent, More Eechi? More Tragic...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 23:47   Link #78
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'll give the author a break since he made up for it in spades with the Otome manga.

The 'Key System' is a good thought, along with how large a territory they can have to utilize their Child in and all. It would make a great turn-based game.

And I really don't mind Natsuki going for Tate, but they could have made it come about a bit more realistic in my opinion - she fell too fast for him. Protective of him - yes. Going for a kiss on the 2nd or 3rd night she's ever seen him - no.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:41   Link #79
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

One of the primary reasons for me not being able to tolerate the manga are that it's pretty much all about Tate and it reminds me too much about Harem anime that I really hate. I found Natsuki's taste in men quite questionable . Oh, and the neumorous ecchi scenes kinda really turn me off. Plus most of the Hime/Otome guys, I can't stand. Except for Nagi and Takumi. I LOVE those guys!

Why not call the manga Tate Hime and get it over with? We know that sunrise wants to...
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 00:16   Link #80
solarknight123

hey did anyone finish the manga series yet, cause i read the scanlation of it and don't want to give any spoilers.
solarknight123 is offline   Reply With Quote