ARe there any Naruto games in english ?
The Great Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 13:42   Link #62
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Yuri
ARe there any Naruto games in english ?
Given that they are made and released in.. you know.. japan? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
You are a credit to your people. Thanks.

Last edited by A Lamer; 2004-09-22 at 21:41.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 14:30   Link #63
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

ooh... those screenshots are freakin nice... Naruto is going to be devastating in the next game... by the looks of it... the rasengan animation looks pre-set... meaning no charging... let's hope that the chidori/raikiri are treated in a similar fashion now... I really didn't like the charging up garbage... though it did have it's advantages like getting people really easily with the chidori/raikiri as the opponent stands up from the ground... but a pre-set animation is much better imo...

is there any info yet on the Nintendo DS part of this game? those ads had a Nintendo DS in them... and I'm wondering what's the connection with that and the new Naruto game?... I really hope they don't pull some garbage tactics like what SquareEnix did with the GBA and FF:Crystal Chronicles...
Old 2004-09-22, 15:24   Link #64
Yuuki-kun
Tenten Fanboy

Tenten's in here!? YES! AT LAST!
Yuuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 15:26   Link #65
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Shino is in.. which means that the game is perfected from my point of view.
now I can only hope for Kisame as well :)
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 16:25   Link #66
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Shino is in.. which means that the game is perfected from my point of view.
now I can only hope for Kisame as well
Well considering how complete the taisen story mode is, and that rasengan and whatnot are in, its definitely likely that itachi, kisame, and tsunade are in. Notice how they're showing us stuff in bits and pieces. Given the.. december? release date, they probably have a lot more in store for us.
Old 2004-09-22, 19:53   Link #67
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Sasuke seems to be doing some Sharingan special in one pic. Intresting, i'm not sure if they removed his air Gaton special.
Old 2004-09-22, 20:24   Link #68
lotus_lee

It would be so nice if each character had a few special moves. For example, if you held down+X, you could do the Uzumaki Naruto Renden and if you held forward+X, you could do the Rasengan. Hmm....maybe I have been playing too much Tales of Symphonia....
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:00   Link #69
dnmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Sasuke seems to be doing some Sharingan special in one pic. Intresting, i'm not sure if they removed his air Gaton special.
I think they merged Sasuke and Sharingan Sasuke into one character. In that pic he is activating the sharingan by pressing down+X.... that's my guess, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee
It would be so nice if each character had a few special moves. For example, if you held down+X, you could do the Uzumaki Naruto Renden and if you held forward+X, you could do the Rasengan. Hmm....maybe I have been playing too much Tales of Symphonia....
Well, it's been confirmed that each character will have two supers. Nobody knows yet if it's gonna be direction+X or certain percentage of super meter+X, though.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 21:38   Link #70
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmt
I think they merged Sasuke and Sharingan Sasuke into one character. In that pic he is activating the sharingan by pressing down+X.... that's my guess, anyway.

Well, it's been confirmed that each character will have two supers. Nobody knows yet if it's gonna be direction+X or certain percentage of super meter+X, though.
It would definitely be direction + X much like sharingan sasuke or lee. Otherwise, how would you go about differenciating the combo you want when you can get full chakra in a single combo?

My guess on the sharingan in the image: I think its just a new animation for chidori, focusing on the sharingan aspect of it. Sasuke isnt really adept at being a copier--or at least, not yet. Also, I think sharingan sasuke and regular sasuke will both be in. Chances are they're going to keep the current NGNT story line and just fill in missing parts, and expand beyond the naruto-gaara fight. You cant do the pre chuunin final exam stuff with a character that can do chidori, and thats definitely sasuke's major move now.

What I want to see though is if you can now change between kyuubi naruto and regular naruto ingame. I mean, it doesnt really make too great of an impact on the story, and it would make naruto cool, because on change he'd get a new pair of combos. It could be a time diration, so he'd be pretty fucked chakra wise when it wore off.

[/pipe dream]
Old 2004-09-22, 21:55   Link #71
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
What I want to see though is if you can now change between kyuubi naruto and regular naruto ingame. I mean, it doesnt really make too great of an impact on the story, and it would make naruto cool, because on change he'd get a new pair of combos. It could be a time diration, so he'd be pretty fucked chakra wise when it wore off.
Yeah, I think transformations should be a big part of the game, rather than seperate characters (Like Kyuubi Naruto and regular Narutar....errrr, regular Naruto ^_^ )
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 22:28   Link #72
dnmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
It would definitely be direction + X much like sharingan sasuke or lee. Otherwise, how would you go about differenciating the combo you want when you can get full chakra in a single combo?
True, true. Now that I think about it, it's probably gonna be a combination of the things were said. Like, Naruto could do the Naruto Rendan by pressing X and using up 60% of his super meter, while at the same time he could do the Rasengan by pressing direction+X and using up all 100% of the meter. Yes!

Quote:
My guess on the sharingan in the image: I think its just a new animation for chidori, focusing on the sharingan aspect of it. Sasuke isnt really adept at being a copier--or at least, not yet. Also, I think sharingan sasuke and regular sasuke will both be in. Chances are they're going to keep the current NGNT story line and just fill in missing parts, and expand beyond the naruto-gaara fight. You cant do the pre chuunin final exam stuff with a character that can do chidori, and thats definitely sasuke's major move now.
Well, in one of the extra scenerios in GNT2 you fight Gai as Rock Lee with the handicap of not being able to open any of the gates... If I'm right about this merger thing then they'll just give Sasuke the handicap of not being able to activate the sharingan/use the Chidori until later on in the story mode.
Old 2004-09-22, 22:39   Link #73
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I am seriously so freaking hyped about this game. Haven't been so hyped for a long time. Heck, if they made it so you can activate the kyuubi chakra in-game, it'd be so freaking sweet. It could be like Lee's gates like previously said, but take even less chakra (if any at all) to start. Because kyuubi no naruto takes more damage than normal naruto so the balancing would still be intact.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 22:53   Link #74
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
OMG I'm super hyped as well! I'm like in super hype mode, because of this game and Dead or Alive Ultimate (*Super nosebleed ^_^)
Fighting games rule *_*
NeoKakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 23:12   Link #75
UzumakiKitsu
Foxy Ninja

Talking

I've had this game preordered for over a month now, and reading about the stuff they're implementing is just making me happier and happier. 3v3?!? Team Specials?! 2 Specials per person?!!?!

THANK YOU GOD
UzumakiKitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:03   Link #76
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
You said it, UzumakiKitsu! This is one preorder that's nagging me more and more with each coming day. Mmmm I wonder what the opening video will be like, hopefully just as good as the one in GNT2. Haven't played GNT1 but it seems a lot shorter there.

There's one thing that's disturbing me though, but it's got nothing to do with the actual game itself. I promised a friend that he could come over the day I got GNT3 and that I would tell him when I got it. But the thing is, I doubt he'll enjoy the story mode as much as I do... he will just want to play VS, and I really really wanna enjoy story mode first :S I'm pretty sure he'd agree to play story mode with me and all, but it's kinda taking down the morale when you think "he's just keeping a happy face on for my sake, if he were to choose we'd go at it in VS now...". I mean what if you must beat story mode to start unlocking characters, huh? I wanna unlock ASAP... hm, decisions, decisions... what should I do? XD

I also have the feeling that even if he's hyped just like me, I would've enjoyed it more on my own. I usually have this, uhm... habit of mine that when I play new games I... scream a lot xD and I don't wanna scream like that and taunt the CPU and everything (I prefer to do it in japanese, might I add >_>x just makes it look even more dumb, lol) with a friend at my side. Then again if he's hyped enough I might not hold anything back, and he might do the same, or neither of us would but it would still be better, but I dunno... decisions, decisions, what should I do?

Last edited by Kidd; 2004-09-23 at 01:22.
Old 2004-09-23, 02:24   Link #77
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

It will either be direction + X for specials or One special will be for air and the other for ground. ( a la S.Saske).
Old 2004-09-23, 07:18   Link #78
Kidd
SD Translator

I seriously hope it'll be direction. I'm not buying that air-super stuff. You'll never have time to use it, heh. Also only a very few jutsu would work that way. Though I guess a few characters could have their secondary super in the air.
Old 2004-09-23, 07:33   Link #79
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
I seriously hope it'll be direction. I'm not buying that air-super stuff. You'll never have time to use it, heh. Also only a very few jutsu would work that way. Though I guess a few characters could have their secondary super in the air.
Sasukes air-super sucks because the enemies can easily block the fire like they are throwing weaons. The only time when Sasukes air-super is effective is if you hit your opponent up in the air so that they are unable to block, jump and try to get close to them and then use it.
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 08:13   Link #80
dnmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Dope
Sasukes air-super sucks because the enemies can easily block the fire like they are throwing weaons. The only time when Sasukes air-super is effective is if you hit your opponent up in the air so that they are unable to block, jump and try to get close to them and then use it.
It does a huge amount of damage if you do it right after down+b,b. It's also great for 4-player matches.