AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-11-11, 23:19   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess it's good that Irina is going by a different feminine name. Now I'm just curious what was broken in her father's brain. Not only was he making his daughter live as a guy but he didn't even give her a particularly masculine fake name to live by . Illya has definitely been used as a masculine name in different regions. But seriously. Why not go all out like Ivan or something? Probably just a me thing after spending years watching Fate . Regardless, it's a shame the show isn't going to dive more into that. What a warped person.

I also appreciate the Teacher's rescue plan. Have the person she's trying to save smash through glass with his face...that wouldn't possibly get him injured or killed . Also I love how he gets cut later on, but not from smashing a window with his face . This show is just goofy as heck.

Classic villain. Finally can get revenge against someone, but only wants revenge against the version of them that they can't actually beat . Rough break as well for the guys downstairs. The ones upstairs will wake up with headaches...to find the bloody remains of their friends...
Old 2022-11-12, 00:08   Link #62
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ilya is a perfectly fine male name. Western equivalent is Elijah. It would have been more stupid if it were actully her name as it is not used for girls.

Russian-speaking guys actually laugh about Nasus idea to name a loli this way.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2022-11-23 at 07:06.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 11:37   Link #63
Frontier

Did not expect this episode to start off with an infrared of Asahi's dick or a magical girl with lewd attack names, but that really set the tone for this episode quite well .

"Let's have sex!" You have to admire Karin's directness, if nothing else, although that also sets up her emotional arc in this episode as her bond with Asahi genuinely deepens .

I think that's the first time I've seen a bro character get their crotch literally blown up. Like, jeez, poor Yoshio. At least he got his balls back in the end .

Mongfa panty flash !

Aliens out to eradicate mens' dicks? A German Magical Girl fueled by horniness? A mascot character that's literally a condom? All the sex jokes? What show are we even watching anymore ?

How did I just know this would devolve into Asahi and Karin having to do it in a truck ?

I guess Asahi has a good point. As tempting as Karin in her underwear is, and she's very tempting, she shouldn't be so aggressive with giving her virginity away unless it's to someone she truly loves. Despite the fact that she's so assertive in her love for Asahi, she really barely knows him, and it isn't until she sees how much he really cares for her that she truly falls in love with him. We even get a big romantic finisher between her and Asahi in her lovely Final Form .

Why did Aoi's eyes glow red? Was it because Karin was about to have sex with Asahi? Or because she was detecting his presence ?

We finally get Karin's flashback of Asahi's winning smile, and it seems like she realizes that all the other girls are connected somehow. And she's also much more bashful around Asahi now, because her feelings are more real, but I wonder if that's more relevant because it's developing her beyond her "game" persona .

Okay, so we've got the council of mascot clocks and a mysterious doctor (does anyone else think she kind of look like Aoi?). Do each of those clocks represent one of the girls? Are they running some kind of social experiment chronicling each girls' development with Asahi? What is going on !?

Next week: The Beach Episode! Except instead of swimsuits, we're going full nudist beach !
Old 2022-11-16, 13:29   Link #64
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

This series gets more awesome each week. I was wondering how they would top Mongfa's backstory but making Karin a magical girl worthy of an Alicesoft game with a condom mascot is one way to do it.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 13:07   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Thank goodness that Asahi's harem protagonist powers saved the day. Refusing the girl so many times that she falls further in love . Whatever works!

Will be interesting once we get past these focus episodes to see what is really going on with this setting and situation.
Old 2022-11-23, 06:34   Link #66
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-11-23, 07:05   Link #67
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

So, where is the "main "girl?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 11:40   Link #68
Frontier

We finally get to properly meet the real girl in Asahi's memories, someone Asahi always used to hang out with when her dad was busy with work and who he'd gaze at the stars with...and it's pretty clear they were both really into each other in a way you would expect from childhood friends in love. It's just a question of how things got to the point they are now .

Asahi is a master of avoiding Amelia jumping onto his bed now .

Ah yeah, the typical "character has a private villa and invites everyone for the beach episode" plot. Although Asahi once again points out he barely knows Yoshio yet he's getting invited to his private villa because he turns out to be rich...somehow. Yeah, that's not suspicious at all .

First Yoshio gets his balls blown up then he gets hit by his own limo...and then his driver just straight up leaves him. Maybe this is karma for trying to see all the girls naked .

So..yeah. Aoi is gone and no one is commenting on it. Was probably the first indication of things about to get really serious and weird in this episode .

It's the beach episode which means...swimsuits! All the girls looked great, especially Monga with the super sexy bikini and ponytail !

Mongfa has age and beauty on her side, Karin! Well, that and a bunch of assassin skills, but all she really wants is Asahi to finally call her by her first name .

So the girls see that this is actually a nude beach and then...immediately strip off their swimsuits and go au naturale like it was the most natural thing to do. And they strip Asahi too, only they make him wear a tight leather bondage mask so he doesn't see them naked. Apparently they just naturally carry bondage gear with them .

Rainbow censorship? I think that's a new one. Then again we got to see plenty shots of the girls naked and their fine behinds anyways .

The girls running around naked with Asahi chasing them like a pervert was...something. And then of course he ends up seeing them all naked anyways. And he gets an Irina punch to the balls. Man I love this show !

It's all really nice and some good vibes are going...and then everyone disappears and Aoi is back like they never existed, while Aoi worms her way in like she's Asahi's wife .

Yoshio was still calling Asahi. Where does he fit into all this ?

Aoi seems to be operating under some outdated information about Asahi and his tastes, unless he only changed in this simulation, but it does give off the impression she was designed to appeal to Asahi and make him fall for her...but then what about the other girls ?

Ah, here's an inexplicable and huge cherry blossom tree out of nowhere! The perfect place for Aoi to confess her love for Asahi again and to make a plea for him to choose her...but he wants to know what happened to everyone else too. And that's when things get really weird .

It's funny that the "True Heroine" of Love Flops is named Ai of all things. or even just a Heroine of a romance in general. But was Ai Aoi the whole time? Or an extension of her? What does that mean for the other girls? Why can't Ai and Asahi be together? What is with all this error messages? What in the heck is going on !?

Oh God, with no girls left to sing or appear in the ED, it's just the clock rabbit .
Old 2022-11-23, 11:43   Link #69
EroKing

Episode 7

Only in a show like this, we go from the obligatory beach/swimsuit moments to a yandere route

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:54.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 12:10   Link #70
Frontier

Apparently the shows' website has erased all the girls and has an error message.
Old 2022-11-23, 13:52   Link #71
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

It reminds me a bit of VN like ToToNo or DDLC right now... and yeah the front page at https://loveflops.com is glitching out with no girls anymore. The bios are still there though, including a new bio for Ai.
Old 2022-11-23, 14:39   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
It reminds me a bit of VN like ToToNo or DDLC right now... and yeah the front page at https://loveflops.com is glitching out with no girls anymore. The bios are still there though, including a new bio for Ai.
I was actually wondering if Miku Ito voiced Ai too. She sounded a little distinct from how she voiced Aoi.

The new ED theme will be sung by Ai too.
Old 2022-11-23, 18:23   Link #73
grecefar

theeeere weeeee goooo.

Quote:
that's actually a pretty nice touch, it's good they pay little details like this in real life.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-23, 20:22   Link #74
patnam

it's time for the darker moments...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-25, 01:13   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok. So they've finally covered enough of the girls to move the story ahead. And yeah, there's something really weird going on here. Definitely feels like a "trapped in a simulation" situation. At the very least there's a very digital element to what is going on.

It was interesting though. Most times the girls are the ones getting weird flashes and memories of spending time with Asashi in what I presume is reality. But in this case it was Asashi getting the flash to time spend with Ai.

Should be fun to see what they do next. And I like when official sites do play around with what is going on in the story like this show is.
Old 2022-11-25, 07:23   Link #76
kuroyanagi

And here we goooo. That ED was chilling! Now that I think about it, "Aoi Izumisawa" is plain "Ai Izawa" with some additional letters; Aoi was the closest to crux of the story (whatever it is) from the start.

That being said, I'm kind of bummed this probably means the end of crazy crass comedy antics. Every episode including this one had been hilarious so far.
kuroyanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-25, 11:43   Link #77
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
And here we goooo. That ED was chilling! Now that I think about it, "Aoi Izumisawa" is plain "Ai Izawa" with some additional letters; Aoi was the closest to crux of the story (whatever it is) from the start.

That being said, I'm kind of bummed this probably means the end of crazy crass comedy antics. Every episode including this one had been hilarious so far.
It definitely seems like the implication is that Aoi was always Ai, or maybe the closest to her, but the other girls all seemed to get flashes of Ai's memories so there's still a lot we don't know.

I guess if this was the end of the crazy Harem antics, at least they went out on a beach episode, complete with swimsuits and everybody naked .

(Although I guess we never got swimsuit or naked Aoi...).
Old 2022-11-30, 11:39   Link #78
Frontier

Honestly I was half-expecting we'd get an OP with no girls at the rate this show was going .

Well, it's a new day and a fresh morning for Asahi, and it seems like an average day...minus the girls not being there. But the first clue that we're back in reality is that the picture frame finally has the girl back in it and we even get to see Asahi's mom .

Jeez, Asahi and bananas. Nothing phallic about that .

Asahi gets to school and things are immediately off. Not just that the girls aren't there (no Mongfa sensei? That class is losing) but that Asahi isn't even in that class. Apparently he's been a shut-in this whole time and hasn't gone to school in ages. Not even the cherry blossom tree where Aoi confessed was real .

How is this Himari girl connected to Asahi? She seems acquainted/concerned about him. Did she try and get close to him before/after what happened with Ai ?

Yoshio was a hot scientist lady the whole time!? Um...okay. Dr. Feynman is finally here to provide an answer to a lot of the shows' mysteries at this point, not that Asahi wants to hear the truth .

It's pretty clear the world they live in now is driven by AI, and with that in mind they're continuing to try to develop more advanced and comprehensive AI, which means making them more human...which means they have to understand human emotion. And to do that they constructed AI tests where, with a live human, the AI's would get to learn and experience human emotion in typical scenarios, Asahi just happened to be in the one revolving around romantic love so he got the typical Harem setup .

So all the girls were constructed artificially to be the ideal love interest by scientists from their home country, everything about them was designed (we even see them cycling through Aoi hair styles and justifying why Irina had to be a boy), and the reason they immediately were head over heels in love with Asahi was because they didn't understand love at that point. It wasn't until they got to know him through their focus episodes that they genuinely fell in love with him. But then things got weird...

It feels like the linchpin to all this is Ai. She was Asahi's childhood friend and it seems like her death broke both him and her father, who ended up spearheading the development of all AI's with one he designed after his own daughter. And it seems like that imprint of Ai was connected to the other girls somehow, and their experience with Asahi and flashbacks to their childhood together woke her up somehow. So some form of Ai is still in there, even if they can't access the experiment any more .

"I'm not going to help you!" Oh, you're helping them all right Ubukata .

So Asahi is completely despondent knowing all those months and time with the girls was a lie, and having been reminded that Ai is still dead (even if she lives on in AI form), but now it seems like Aoi is hijacking everything. Uh oh .

Ai ED! With all the girls as kids! I wonder if that's meant to reflect their projection of Ai's own childhood with Asahi or how they were budding AI before Asahi got into their lives and helped them grow up ?
Old 2022-11-30, 12:11   Link #79
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Skynet has become self aware...

I did not have Yoshio being a girl on my bingo card. Kinda curious about the classmate new girl as well. https://loveflops.com/ got updated again too.
Old 2022-11-30, 16:48   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Skynet has become self aware...

I did not have Yoshio being a girl on my bingo card. Kinda curious about the classmate new girl as well. https://loveflops.com/ got updated again too.
I feel like she might end up being the Final Girl considering she seems interested in Asahi and she's the only girl who is "real" and isn't an adult scientist.

Tags
harem