AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2022-03-02, 18:08   Link #61
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Is this going to take place while Goku and Vegeta are dealing with Moro and the Heeters? I can't imagine Gohan being able to take the spotlight at this point unless those two are out of the picture.
Not so much Moro, since that ends on Earth and I don't think they'd have not had Piccolo go Mystic or whatever he's doing in that arc if this takes place first. But I fully expect this to take place while Goku and Vegeta are dealing with the Heeters.

Also, Gohan, why the hell are you going Super Saiyan again? You got over this nonsense during the Tournament of Power.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-02, 19:34   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Not so much Moro, since that ends on Earth and I don't think they'd have not had Piccolo go Mystic or whatever he's doing in that arc if this takes place first. But I fully expect this to take place while Goku and Vegeta are dealing with the Heeters.
This takes place years after the current arc of the manga. We know exactly what Goku and Vegeta are doing from the trailers: training with Broly on Beerus' planet.
Old 2022-03-03, 04:07   Link #63
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This takes place years after the current arc of the manga. We know exactly what Goku and Vegeta are doing from the trailers: training with Broly on Beerus' planet.
couldn't they just teleport in later like they did with Frieza then?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-03, 08:01   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
couldn't they just teleport in later like they did with Frieza then?
Only if Whis is checking up on Earth and warns them. Beerus' planet is too far for them to sense anything. And it won't happen, because the hero of this movie is Gohan, and the only way for him (and Piccolo) to get the spotlight is for Goku and Vegeta to be away.
Old 2022-03-03, 09:07   Link #65
B214

Quote:

Also, Gohan, why the hell are you going Super Saiyan again? You got over this nonsense during the Tournament of Power.
I think he'd make an exception on the Super Saiyan ruling thing if Gohan needs to save his daughter, unless of course he plans to be like Goku, enjoy his opponent's strength.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-03, 17:45   Link #66
GDB

But the whole point of Mystic is that it can output the full might of his Super Saiyan forms, plus his full potential, without any of the stamina drain associated with going Super Saiyan. The only reason to go Super Saiyan is for blond hair and to drain his own stamina. It serves no purpose otherwise.
Old 2022-03-03, 18:45   Link #67
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rusty Gohan is not out of the question. It took him quite a bit of training to get back up to form for the Tournament of Power.

Plus, depending on what he's doing, Super Saiyan is more flashy. Breaking out the Golden Warrior from the Cell Games again.
Old 2022-03-03, 18:57   Link #68
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think they're basically going with Ultimate being a transformation. So he goes: SJJ -> SSJ2 -> Ultimate.
Old 2022-03-04, 05:18   Link #69
GDB

Definitely seems so, unfortunately.
Old 2022-03-04, 08:49   Link #70
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think they're basically going with Ultimate being a transformation. So he goes: SJJ -> SSJ2 -> Ultimate.
Gohan can combine his Mystic with SS though. But i do think this is a point, i'm guessing we may see a new transformation unique to Gohan for this movie.
Future Trunks has Super Saiyan Rage. I guess Gohan, Goten & Trunk may each get their own transformation too.
Old 2022-03-04, 19:17   Link #71
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Gohan can combine his Mystic with SS though.
The original intent was that doing so would result in absolutely zero benefit and only a detriment of his stamina being drained. Now, since they treat it as a transformation, he technically can't even do that.

And Ultimate already is Gohan's special thing. He doesn't need another special thing, he just needs to stop getting jobbed.
Old 2022-03-04, 23:36   Link #72
justavisitor

Wait, I don't think Gohan ever combines ssj with ultimate before. Ultimate doesn't need SSJ I think.

With that being said, I hope Gohan achieves his own unique transformation this time. I don't mind it combines SSJ and Ultimate lol, if that reflects his status as half saiyan, half earthling.

In addition, finally Gohan looks like an important character again. Am I the only one who doesn't like Gohan's character design in TV super. Don't know how to put it, but Gohan in super, even during the tournament arc, looks...uninspiring.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-05, 03:25   Link #73
B214

Quote:
The original intent was that doing so would result in absolutely zero benefit and only a detriment of his stamina being drained. Now, since they treat it as a transformation, he technically can't even do that.

And Ultimate already is Gohan's special thing. He doesn't need another special thing, he just needs to stop getting jobbed.
The stamina issue was solved during the Cell Saga though. Goku developed the Full Powered SS to counter the stamina issue.
And absolutely zero benefit? Going SS increases power by 50 times, 100 times for SS2. How is that zero benefit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Wait, I don't think Gohan ever combines ssj with ultimate before. Ultimate doesn't need SSJ I think.

With that being said, I hope Gohan achieves his own unique transformation this time. I don't mind it combines SSJ and Ultimate lol, if that reflects his status as half saiyan, half earthling.

In addition, finally Gohan looks like an important character again. Am I the only one who doesn't like Gohan's character design in TV super. Don't know how to put it, but Gohan in super, even during the tournament arc, looks...uninspiring.
He never did it but he can do so. When Goku & Gohan were sparring in Super. Gohan used Potential Unleashed, Goku asked if he's not going SS as well.
Old 2022-03-05, 08:47   Link #74
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
And absolutely zero benefit? Going SS increases power by 50 times, 100 times for SS2. How is that zero benefit?
That's compared to base. Mystic isn't base. Mystic does not combine with Super Saiyan, it replaces it by drawing out the same power without the stamina/strain downside. And that's literally quoting the Old Kai from the form's debut.

Quote:
He never did it but he can do so. When Goku & Gohan were sparring in Super. Gohan used Potential Unleashed, Goku asked if he's not going SS as well.
Goku being an idiot in anime filler does not matter to actual established lore.
Old 2022-03-06, 04:29   Link #75
B214

Quote:
That's compared to base. Mystic isn't base. Mystic does not combine with Super Saiyan, it replaces it by drawing out the same power without the stamina/strain downside. And that's literally quoting the Old Kai from the form's debut.

Goku being an idiot in anime filler does not matter to actual established lore.
Anime Filler? This is for the Tournament of Power arc, how is that filler?

Last edited by B214; 2022-03-06 at 05:04.
Old 2022-03-06, 08:10   Link #76
GDB

Canon arcs can have filler moments. Anime is full of them.
Old 2022-03-06, 10:27   Link #77
justavisitor

if Gohan can transform to SSJ with ultimate, he could have used it easily in tournament of power already. No way he has to uphold his pride and let his universe be erased (same thing in buu arc too)

I, for one, will hope to see gohan can combine SSJ and Ultimate in the movie. Face it, in order for Gohan to be relevant again, he needs flashy transformation. Getting Ultimate is great in plot point but is a horrible idea from the fashion perspective
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-06, 16:34   Link #78
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Canon arcs can have filler moments. Anime is full of them.
Seven words: Goku and Piccolo getting their driver's license.
Old 2022-03-06, 19:07   Link #79
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I, for one, will hope to see gohan can combine SSJ and Ultimate in the movie. Face it, in order for Gohan to be relevant again, he needs flashy transformation. Getting Ultimate is great in plot point but is a horrible idea from the fashion perspective
He's going to get whatever color is not taken yet (the list is small). Or two toned hair.
Old 2022-03-06, 19:25   Link #80
GDB

I'm honestly expecting him to just get the SSJ Aura, SSJ2 styled hair (but still Mystic black), and the SSJ2 lightning. It'll combine his two most iconic designs, and by having the SSJ aura there won't be any further question as to whether he's powered up or not.