2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-12, 02:02   Link #61
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
1) A certain troll wizard gave her a functional penis for a period of time
2) A bastard just means they were born out of wedlock. It has nothing to do with whether they were actually birthed by you.
Thing is Mordred has more in common with Illya. Both are Homunculus.

Mordred is an artificial human.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 05:31   Link #62
Ultragunner

Quote:
1) A certain troll wizard gave her a functional penis for a period of time
2) A bastard just means they were born out of wedlock. It has nothing to do with whether they were actually birthed by you.

But yeah, I can see how Arthuria clashed with Mondred there, the latter is full of emotion and expression, while the former is stoic like a stone

back to the episode, also Karna? as in this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karna?

They actually did it, a Hindu hero that is

I wonder what would have happened if Krishna or Rama had got summoned instead, would the Holy Grail end instantly?
But then again, those two are more like revered "deities" rather than human characters

*NOTE: I am an anime-only viewer, so....
Old 2017-07-12, 06:09   Link #63
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, Frankenstein's monster does not resemble the IRL fictional character at all . Putting the genderbend aside, which iteration of Frankenstein makes him fight with a mace that can summon lightning? From a glance, her body and getup also looks too nice, clean and smooth for a monster made of assembled body parts. And she can't talk? With all those descriptions, why didn't the writer just made her the Bride of Frankenstein instead?
Not everything about a Servant is how they were in life. The mace is one of those things, which is a physical manifestation of lightning being used to bring her to life.

Also, she can clearly talk, and she did in this episode. Not wanting to or liking to talk is not the same as not being able to talk.

Quote:
And yet other people here have are not as disturbed by my playful poking to Fate except for you.
Pretty annoying here as well. It feels like every post you've made in the two episode threads has bashed the Fate franchise as a whole. And I cannot recall if it was a result of your posts or someone else's and you joined in, but it caused a horrid tangent in the prior episode thread and it's kind of shameful the mods did nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I wonder what would have happened if Krishna or Rama had got summoned instead, would the Holy Grail end instantly?
But then again, those two are more like revered "deities" rather than human characters

*NOTE: I am an anime-only viewer, so....
Rama is summonable in FGO. But rather than an Archer, it's as a Saber (and basically uses his sword as a boomerang) because "Saber is cooler" or "Sita would be an Archer" or something weird like that. I personally think the meta reason is that they already had Karna as a Lancer and Arjuna as an Archer, so they went with a Saber so as to not overlap.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 06:38   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not everything about a Servant is how they were in life. The mace is one of those things, which is a physical manifestation of lightning being used to bring her to life.
Oh, that much is obvious. I was just commenting on it.

Quote:
Also, she can clearly talk, and she did in this episode. Not wanting to or liking to talk is not the same as not being able to talk.
IIRC She grunted and she appeared struggling to utter the word "ba...sa...kaaa...", but don't bother. Nachtwandler already answered that question of mine in a more pleasant manner. Problem's solved.

Quote:
Pretty annoying here as well. It feels like every post you've made in the two episode threads has bashed the Fate franchise as a whole. And I cannot recall if it was a result of your posts or someone else's and you joined in, but it caused a horrid tangent in the prior episode thread and it's kind of shameful the mods did nothing about it.
Maybe because I'm not actually bashing like you and Dengar have accused me of being? And what you feel doesn't necessary represent the reality to a T? Just saying obvious things
Old 2017-07-12, 07:20   Link #65
Tormenk

Sisigo uses firearm-like tools for magecraft but still stands within favor of the Watchtower. Guess that makes him less of an outlier than Kiritsugu then? I'm thinking he's playing with Mordred's daddy issues to get on her good side rather than being the cool person she thinks he is.

Can't say much about the rest of the servants given their quick intros this episode but the Red faction still hasn't named their Archer, Lancer and Rider yet so something to look forward next week.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 07:53   Link #66
Tenzen12

Well Clocktower in general are pretty hands of from "spell casters" who don't seek higher purpose like root, but for Grail war they decided use battle hardened veterans like Sisigou anyway, because they needed big guns (and I guess Bazet is busy elsewhere). Being more mercenary and less well assassin might also have something to do with it.

As for his relationship with Mordred. He used piece of round table and Camelot gacha gave him Mo-chans because they have best compatibility. Of course Kairi trying to keep their relationship friendly as not doing so is fastest way to the grave, but I don't thing he has to push himself hard or keep some facade.
Old 2017-07-12, 08:09   Link #67
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Sisigo uses firearm-like tools for magecraft but still stands within favor of the Watchtower. Guess that makes him less of an outlier than Kiritsugu then? I'm thinking he's playing with Mordred's daddy issues to get on her good side rather than being the cool person she thinks he is.
Interesting, but considering this series seem to already have a bunch of shady people (if not backstabbers), one bro won't hurt. We need an Iskandar in this series. I certainly hope we get one (or more).
Old 2017-07-12, 08:34   Link #68
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I can't help but laugh at Spartacus greeting that hunter with his smile.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by LKK; 2017-07-16 at 12:54. Reason: post restored
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 09:58   Link #69
gunner56

Reposting from Beast's Lair:
https://www.facebook.com/Anitrendz/p...313858/?type=3
Old 2017-07-12, 17:03   Link #70
GDB

Quote:
IIRC She grunted and she appeared struggling to utter the word "ba...sa...kaaa...", but don't bother. Nachtwandler already answered that question of mine in a more pleasant manner. Problem's solved.
If you take a "matter of fact" statement as "unpleasant", then that's on you. And if it's "solved" and others "shouldn't bother", then you should reply to the person who resolved it for you. Otherwise how are people to know you even saw the post? Especially considering you posted after said post and made no comment on it.

Quote:
Interesting, but considering this series seem to already have a bunch of shady people (if not backstabbers), one bro won't hurt. We need an Iskandar in this series. I certainly hope we get one (or more).
I hope there's an Iskander-like character too. I'm thinking Mordred or Astolfo is supposed to fill that role, given how forefront they were in the promotional art and such. But it'd be hard to fill that sort of "larger than life" thing Iskander had going.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 17:21   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If you take a "matter of fact" statement as "unpleasant", then that's on you.
Did I ever say that your reply was unpleasant in my previous post? No I didn't. I just said that Nacht's reply is more pleasant to me. That's just how I feel. You know, just like how you personally feel that I'm bashing Fate even if it's not true for me. If I have to describe your reply to me about Frankenstein, "neutral" would be the word I use.

Quote:
And if it's "solved" and others "shouldn't bother", then you should reply to the person who resolved it for you. Otherwise how are people to know you even saw the post? Especially considering you posted after said post and made no comment on it.
Since when we have that strict rule in a forum? I didn't reply Nacht directly coz I'm already content with his reply. And I did credited his answer in my reply to Dengar in previous page. That's a form of my appreciation to him.

Quote:
I hope there's an Iskander-like character too. I'm thinking Mordred or Astolfo is supposed to fill that role, given how forefront they were in the promotional art and such. But it'd be hard to fill that sort of "larger than life" thing Iskander had going.
Iunno, so far, Astolfo is "genki" but not "bro genki" until she further prove me her quality as an individual. And Mordred...well...fun that she is, IMO she's a bit too aggressive and has a large chip on her shoulder to take Iskandar's role. We'll see.
Old 2017-07-12, 22:52   Link #72
Ultragunner

Mondred is more of a school delinquent with a serious daddy issue
Old 2017-07-13, 00:17   Link #73
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Iunno, so far, Astolfo is "genki" but not "bro genki" until she further prove me her quality as an individual. And Mordred...well...fun that she is, IMO she's a bit too aggressive and has a large chip on her shoulder to take Iskandar's role. We'll see.
Why are you calling Astolfo "she"? Despite being a sort-of trap with feminin voice, he still does not consider himself a girl.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 00:29   Link #74
Tenzen12

Yeah, Astolfo is just deviant guy.
Old 2017-07-13, 01:12   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Why are you calling Astolfo "she"? Despite being a sort-of trap with feminin voice, he still does not consider himself a girl.
Haha sorry. That face, that voice and that attitude kind of curbstomped all of his supposed man-aspects for me. It was so strong that I unconsciously called him "she" . This already happened to me before involving another anime trap character that was so goddamn feminine. Sadly, I forget which character (probably for the best).
Old 2017-07-13, 11:47   Link #76
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Yes, Dead Apostle exists in normal Fate time lines, but NOT the 27 Ancestors.

So far, only Strange Fake world has both Servants and 27 Ancestors. The Maze Ancestor gave the dimension hopper a phone call.
(But I have not done my research on Waver world yet, so I am not sure on that one. Any expert on the Waver stories mind come out and clarify?)
FSF is not in the prime continuity. Nothing outside of FSN and FHA are. Not even FZ, officially (something about Urobutcher handling something differently than Nasu intended). But FSF (like LEM2, which it seems closely tied to) is compatible with prime continuity. Just because you're in a Servant-compatible timeline doesn't mean you can't have any of the individuals who make up the 27DAA. Zelretch explicitly exists in all timelines, including prime, as a DAA-level existence, and he's one of the 27DAA in continuities in which they exist. Mention of at least one other 27DAA individual is made in FGO, and that's clearly a Servant continuity. It just that the 27DAA as a separate concept that exerts influence on the world does not exist.
Old 2017-07-13, 12:42   Link #77
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
their Archer, Lancer and Rider yet so something to look forward next week.
I think Shirou did it, for Karna.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-13, 14:13   Link #78
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
FSF is not in the prime continuity. Nothing outside of FSN and FHA are. Not even FZ, officially (something about Urobutcher handling something differently than Nasu intended). But FSF (like LEM2, which it seems closely tied to) is compatible with prime continuity. Just because you're in a Servant-compatible timeline doesn't mean you can't have any of the individuals who make up the 27DAA. Zelretch explicitly exists in all timelines, including prime, as a DAA-level existence, and he's one of the 27DAA in continuities in which they exist. Mention of at least one other 27DAA individual is made in FGO, and that's clearly a Servant continuity. It just that the 27DAA as a separate concept that exerts influence on the world does not exist.
Actually only thing Nasu said about SF is that everything happened same way, but it has different mood. He expressed similarly about FZ, but I don't remember exact wording.
Old 2017-07-13, 18:42   Link #79
hinode

Quote:
FGO is specifically listed as a hybrid, similar to FSF, on Nasu's blog. So don't be surprised when the DAAs as a group are referenced in a future Tsukihime collab or whenever the hell Nasu feels it's appropriate to bring them up.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-14, 13:29   Link #80
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

More precisely, Strange Fake is a timeline that's considered as "both".
While FGO is more of a "neither" category, in their ways if being exception of the rule.

And I did my research on the Waver verse now.
The 27 does not exist there. DA composed of them are mentioned, but they are just DA and not the 27.

Quote:
FSF is not in the prime continuity. Nothing outside of FSN and FHA are.
There is no concept of prime continuity in Type Moon franchise anymore.
It is now only about "which quantum clock the timeline is on".

Any thing counts at this point as every quantum clock is valid.

As long a world is a "branch world" it is a full fledged valid world.
There is no world that is more prime than the other, unless the said world is "trimmed" world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
FGO is specifically listed as a hybrid, similar to FSF, on Nasu's blog. So don't be surprised when the DAAs as a group are referenced in a future Tsukihime collab or whenever the hell Nasu feels it's appropriate to bring them up.
The actual in universe explanation is that due to the quantum clock of the FGO world got burned down, the history of that world fell into an ambiguous and undefined state that allows the possibility of other timelines to get mixed in. (Why even true anomaly like Goddess Rhongomyniad can arrive into FGO world.)
Thus the FGO world got broken into something different from it supposed to be, which probably is where the "neither" state came from.

Last edited by shmaster; 2017-07-14 at 13:57.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote