AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-04-21, 20:42   Link #61
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I didn't expect the illustration would spoil his identity like that iirc it was pretty much confirmed that he's 1st prince in later chapter and not in Queen Dowager chapter but eh He's pretty much suspicious anyway

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 20:53   Link #62
cadu_

I kinda suspected Dean would be the first antagonist or the 1st prince,maybe both.
It seems he is the one with biggest chances of marriage with the MC.
Old 2016-04-21, 23:19   Link #63
J4n1

I guess i am among the minority that wishes that there'd be no romance, or as little as possible, in the story.
Iris is kicking ass and taking names just fine without a man, why not let her keep doing it.
But we'll see, maybe whatever romance there is will not intrude on the main draw (for me) of the series.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 23:31   Link #64
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I guess i am among the minority that wishes that there'd be no romance, or as little as possible, in the story.
Iris is kicking ass and taking names just fine without a man, why not let her keep doing it.
But we'll see, maybe whatever romance there is will not intrude on the main draw (for me) of the series.
I'm with you, now if only i can somehow strap a sword unto her then all is good.
Old 2016-04-21, 23:41   Link #65
travelingbum

sadly no one be giving her sword lessons and stuff.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 23:58   Link #66
yulinard

Not going to happen. It take live time to master the sword just to be good enough. If you want story like that I think you should read this instead.

https://tamakeribanchou.wordpress.com/
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 00:48   Link #67
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
This, Iris vow of independence and how she showed her pride when she lost her place in school impacted me deeply; it was even better since the manga made her be truly expressive at that time, it reminded me on the reason of why I used to hunt for josei stories to read a few years back.
And after that we had her do exercise in a completely unfashionable outfit, and she is doing it for the sake of her health and her beauty (beauty which she completely "possess" and is not dedicated to anyone else). This was also a pretty amazing scene for me; a true ideal portrayal of a successful career woman, I want to read about this person.

...... And then she is magically attracted to this Teen or whatever's his name is who had like 10 lines and is obviously as plain as cheap tableware (but bishounen), and Iris has it bad to the point she is thinking about marriage and happily ever after...... it almost got me to facepalm, hugh. Don't get tricked girl!
Old 2016-04-22, 01:03   Link #68
Xacual

Reading the translation I haven't seen any romantic interest from Iris toward Dean. Iris wants Dean to be her full time assistant and possibly to take over the conglomerate since she knows eventually she'll have to retire from it. She was even talking about how the only thing she wants is to work in the orphanage later on so she can be surrounded by kids.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 02:13   Link #69
J4n1

I don't wish for Iris to become a sword wielding badass.
There's not enough stories of people using soft power in realistic manner, let this be one.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 04:53   Link #70
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Well, we reached c 36 and tomorrow more is to come. Edward really likes to shoot his own feet, doesnt he? Should have his head checked a bit.
It's not like he wanted to be a character from an Otome game. He was screwed even before he was born.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 05:29   Link #71
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Hopefully the author understands the concept of "promises to the reader" - despite the eye candy on the cover and plenty of ikemen inside, the first volume had very little romance... so suddenly having a lot of romance in volume 2 would put off many of the readers who liked volume 1. Volume 1 didn't take a particularly positive view of "love" either and volume 2 seems to be continuing that.

We shall see. Certainly Iris has spent the last 3 years in a pretty much romance-free zone and doesn't seem inclined to change that - she seems to be actively rejecting it even. That being said, there's some hints that she would like to have children but because she feels she won't be able to marry anymore it seems she's given up on having any of her own. It basically took a royal command to get her back into society

From what I can see, in her previous incarnation Iris wasn't that interested in romance and seems likely to continue in that route for now. However, in her life now, ironically all her hard work has made her more attractive to potential partners. At the rate she's going she's going to be famous on an international level and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets some foreign suitors at some stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
It's not like he wanted to be a character from an Otome game. He was screwed even before he was born.
Based on that argument, shouldn't he be a more attractive "capture target"...?
kari-no-sugata II is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 07:04   Link #72
Kutchie

I can't wait for the next chapter. I am gonna try Rgoogle. God have mercy on me.
Kutchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 13:51   Link #73
kari-no-sugata II

Well, the translator is taking some well earned rest. Good luck with machine translation...

btw, a thought occurred to me: the Azura conglomerate is making most of its money from luxury goods. The sort of thing that nobles buy. Also, the sort of things that those supporting the 2nd prince are most likely to buy and those supporting the 1st prince are least likely to buy. ie the supporters of the 2nd prince are indirectly bankrolling Iris. She wouldn't even have to use force of arms to get her way - she could simply threaten to exclude customers who are hostile to her. ie a vote for Iris is a vote for chocolate

Since she is amassing military power as well then it becomes rather obvious that the easiest way to deal with her is assassination. Given how often the skill of her guards has been mentioned, I'm guessing we're going to see them in action sooner or later.
Old 2016-04-30, 14:48   Link #74
Xacual

I wouldn't say the nobles of the 1st Prince Faction aren't buying Azura goods. I mean from what we know of the female nobility at least that the beauty products are extremely popular and pretty much all of them are using those.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2016-04-30 at 15:57.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 15:35   Link #75
kari-no-sugata II

I never said they're not buying... just "least likely". Azura is also doing high-end luxury goods like jewellery too. The 2nd prince faction are characterised by excessive spending - so they're likely to be buying higher end products and in higher volume and also more likely to indulge in ostentation. Losing such opportunities would be a much bigger blow to those types.

I wonder if Azura offers loans as well...? The 2nd prince faction are also more likely to be short on cash after all...
Old 2016-04-30, 19:43   Link #76
cadu_

She could offer loan and gets the 2nd faction and get them into a debt,later she could make them change sides in exchange for clearing the debt.
Old 2016-04-30, 22:09   Link #77
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
She could offer loan and gets the 2nd faction and get them into a debt,later she could make them change sides in exchange for clearing the debt.
Rather than that they should offer something as collateral, like next season harvest. You dont want 2nd faction who held the crown to take extreme measure like debt cancelling order or something like that.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 06:42   Link #78
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

BTW, how old Iris again in the current RAW chapter's?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-01, 08:55   Link #79
madmanthan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riz View Post
BTW, how old Iris again in the current RAW chapter's?
19 or so i think..
madmanthan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 00:15   Link #80
travelingbum

yay an update after a month.

Spoiler for :
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote