AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-01-12, 15:59   Link #61
LevelSeven

Ok, than something on topic:

Does anyone expect:
-a chance for Index to shine?
-mikoto popping up?
-mikoto being involved in the plot?
-shiage/ITEM NOT being involved)
-sisters popping up?
-screentime for kakine? (after escaping his "volleyball"-mode)
-a fight?(or will it be like NT2 where we get explanations)
-accel being involved? (he is a MC too :/ )
-#6 being on toumas side? (or is he the MCs enemy?)
-nouken showing up?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:08   Link #62
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Hopefully it will be like that and not like in Indexs case :/
sadly, i think that othinus is only going to be important as a "advisor" for 1 - 2 book.
(i don't remember if othinus actually use or have "odin ravens" which are a fountain of knowledge or, if she can count with mimir - i have some doubt about her knowledge about other mythologies)

and there are other "gods" (magic gods) that can work as advisor and at the same time being useful in battle.

----------------
Does anyone expect in nt12:
-a chance for Index to shine? - no
-mikoto popping up? - yes
-mikoto being involved in the plot? - maybe at the end of nt12, but she is going to be involved in nt 13
-shiage/ITEM NOT being involved) - whut?
-sisters popping up?- yes, as a small cameo/reference
-screentime for kakine? (after escaping his "volleyball"-mode) -no
-a fight?(or will it be like NT2 where we get explanations)-touma need to figth to "shine"
-accel being involved? (he is a MC too :/ ) - no, he is a forgotten character by now (he almost reached the top of development)
-#6 being on toumas side? (or is he the MCs enemy?) - please....he is going to help touma..
-nouken showing up? - i supoose that he can appear at the secon half of nt12 ..and he is going to end owned in the epilogue

Last edited by dazo; 2015-01-12 at 16:38.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:15   Link #63
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix View Post
I don't want to overstep the line but, I didn't think the thread was *that* bad, everyone who has been messing around (and I know I'm a culprit) have reigned it in.

If more general or random questions or discussions arent allowed or tongue in cheek comments arent allowed in the thread and you want it to be strict, wouldn't a "general index discussion" thread be a good idea?
We had that, and it was ruined. Just like the image thread, the Kamijou thread, and the last Light Novel thread.

In the first place you don't actually have to keep posting if there's no new information.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 16:16   Link #64
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Ok, than something on topic:

Does anyone expect:
No, I think her role has been largely stagnant for too long, it would be nice but no.

Quote:
-mikoto popping up?
After NT10 I think there might be some character development but I get the impression her and Touma's relationship is leading to a major in plot role. I think it will be slower than NT12 though. They kind of need to else the espers will be pretty much obsolete, we only have two "ally" offensive espers and they aren't being used properly.

* see note 1

Quote:
I think Shiage is involved, wasn't that already hinted at?

* see note 1

Quote:
-sisters popping up?
I doubt for NT12, possibly The Will will get involved as I think "she" is going to be important, they (the series) have basically created a being that cannot be destroyed? And defies the known laws of the universe, its going to be important.

* see note 1

Quote:
No idea

Quote:
I hope so, something epic please.

Quote:
Similar to Mikoto reply, plus see note 1

Quote:
That's a possibility I guess.

Quote:
-nouken showing up?
No idea

note 1
This is my biggest gripe, the espers and AC are IMO the more interesting element of the series and while Accelerator, Shiage, Mikoto and the Sisters do take important and main plot roles, they are sporadic.

Overall I think they will take very important, constant roles when AC unravels.

Last edited by Fizix; 2015-01-12 at 16:22. Reason: Searching for right terminology
Fizix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 18:36   Link #65
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

...the largest part of the plot take place in Academy City and espers are much more frequent characters than people on the Magic Side, what are you talking about?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 19:02   Link #66
Draco Spirit

Does anyone expect:

TBH I think Othinus is going to be stealing the serous part of her role, I do expect comic moments between the girls and Touma tho.

-mikoto popping up?

Maybe. She had a good side role through most of NT so far, so I not be surprised if she gets some lines at least.

Side role, but I be surprised if she has anything past that.

Can't tell yet. There in AC at least, but this looks Touma book.

-sisters popping up?

I suspect no, Will might turn up near the end if something big needs to be said, but I be surprised if any of them turn up.

Naa, through I put him in the possible surprise character bag.

Reasonable chance

The answer to that question might be a theme of the book tbh

-nouken showing up?

End scene stealer!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 19:18   Link #67
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
...the largest part of the plot take place in Academy City and espers are much more frequent characters than people on the Magic Side, what are you talking about?
Which is my gripe with the series whenever it hits me when I see magic side characters being on the side-to-none-screen-time-at-all chairs.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2015-01-12 at 19:32.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 21:39   Link #68
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Which is my gripe with the series whenever it hits me when I see magic side characters being on the side-to-none-screen-time-at-all chairs.
Quoted for truth.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 04:38   Link #69
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hmm, kind of I suppose. The magic side characters are more of a focus than Accel, Mikoto and Shiage. There are just so many characters on the magic side that there isn't much focus on individual characters.

What I meant was that the three AC MC's are sporadic and overall haven't been focused on as part of the main plot with Touma all that much and that most of the plot has revolved around magic.
Old 2015-01-13, 07:12   Link #70
LevelSeven

Spoiler for dazo:

Spoiler for fizix:

Spoiler for draco:

@allficiton
Quote:
it is ironic
even if the largest parst of the story plays in AC, the adventures/arcs are mostly magic side arcs...
espers might be around but arent really involved most of the time....
on the other hand if magic side chars show up they are also (most of the time) involved in the main plot :/ like in Vol.16, the amakusas showed up, the same with mikoto, but mikoto was thrown away while "magic side chars" took the screentime

PS:
more questions:
Do you expect:
-tsuchimikdao to show up?
-Lvl5's gathering together again?
-Fraulain being used in the plot?
-thor showing up?
-that we get informations about IB/IT/Dragon?
-that we get informations about the "wings"/AIWASS?
-that Index goes berserk?
-that saints will show up?
-that touma will fight/being beaten by a saint again?
-that some "already used"-chars show up and support him despite shiage/ITEM/accel/sisters? (magic side chars)
-that othinus will meet other people? (like mikoto/accel/LO/etc)
-that othinus will provide "stated" statements about IB? not like ollerus and his "but this is ALL only my guess"-BS :/
-that ollerus will have any mentioning?
-that the MC's will finally find out about aleister?
-that the new majin will give them infos about aleister before dying?
-that aleister will show up before touma/shiage and attack?

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2015-01-13 at 07:22.
Old 2015-01-13, 07:20   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh my god. If it's a magic story you'll have magic characters, if it's a science story you'll have science characters! This isn't rocket science
Old 2015-01-13, 07:42   Link #72
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh my god. If it's a magic story you'll have magic characters, if it's a science story you'll have science characters! This isn't rocket science
never said it was
i only wanted to point out that despite the story playing in a "science side"-place, it doesnt mean that the "science side"-chars also get much screentime...
not limiting to certain chars...
only that "magic side" has lot more screentime (which also means "magic-side-chars") than science side...but maybe i misunderstood his post
Old 2015-01-13, 07:53   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

With Railgun and Accelerator manga, I'm fairly certain most of the science story ideas had gone there.

In Index you're looking at a science setting being 'intrude' by a magic threat. Honestly it might be better to call it a "modern" setting intrude by a supernatural threat. And the people have to find a way to fix this strange problem.
Old 2015-01-13, 09:30   Link #74
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizix
No, I think her role has been largely stagnant for too long, it would be nice but no.
did everyone lose hope?
Yeah, I think so.

I've came to consider her to be a "thing of importance" rather than a main character, which I think is fairly accurate. That "thing" being the Grimoires.

Generally, she only becomes important if the Grimoires are needed/wanted/relevant in some way. Outside of that, we just get "she still exists" moments.

So her involvement in NT12 will likely be limited to a cameo unless the Grimoires are relevant in some way.

Quote:
Quote:
I think Shiage is involved, wasn't that already hinted at?
the spoiler only said touma met shiage and a majin showed up....
it can still happen that shiage will vanish the moment starts to have another adventure with the new chars :/
I suppose they could have him appear at the start and then drop him from the plot (or totally sideline him with minor appearances). But it would be a shame if they did that.

He hasn't had a major role for a while and he has been mentioned so I am expecting him to have a role.

Quote:
Quote:
I doubt for NT12, possibly The Will will get involved as I think "she" is going to be important, they (the series) have basically created a being that cannot be destroyed? And defies the known laws of the universe, its going to be important.
BIB: didnt she say she wont show up for a longer timespan since she used her "ticket" out of fear accel might be serious and crush touma?
but NT12 plays 2 weeks after NT10 :/ maybe it was enough "resting"
Well, I have my prediction for The Will, whether she will be involved in NT12 depends on what happens in NT12 and whether she feels she needs to get involved or that it's time for her to get involved.

You mentioned her approaching Shiage, whether it was tongue in cheek or not, I think it will happen at some point. I think she will approach Mikoto as well, probably her first.

I think she clearly has a desire or goal in mind from what she has been saying/doing and there is quite a bit of foreshadowing with her (about how much she knows, that she cannot be destroyed/functions to different rules, that she's keeping out of it for now and she seems to be guiding/supporting Accelerator and Touma to some extent).

My prediction for her is that she will guide or push the MC's towards some goal.

Quote:
Quote:
That's a possibility I guess.
that he fights with or against the MC?
I don't know, I was just saying that he could appear in some way - Mikoto will probably play railgun fetch with him? What does a super powered, talking dog even do?

I don't know, I kind of struggle to take him seriously, in my head I pictured the dog in that movie "Up" who has a knackered voice collar. So I'm probably not the best person to make predictions about him, they will only be stupid.

Quote:
PS:
more questions:
Do you expect:

Quote:
No, not unless Laura get's involved.

Quote:
I hope not, not like last time anyway. I would prefer them to be used in more useful ways.

Quote:
I don't know, would she have any relevance to the magic god arc?

Quote:
-thor showing up?
If there are magic gods then I guess it's a possibility.

Quote:
We learned new stuff recently so I'd say the odds are off as new info on Touma's powers tend to be quite spread out.

Quote:
Spoiler for Do we need to use spoilers for stuff like this in this thread?:

I don't think we are ready for the most powerful being in the universe to become a quivering, love struck mess yet. The tragic thing is, that's not a joke, it's serious and will happen & we all know it.

Quote:
Unless Laura and co get involved (which I don't think they will) then short of Mikoto dragging Touma on an actual date and Index going postal about it, it's unlikely. Have you not noticed that whenever Index goes berserk, Laura is somewhere in the background?

Quote:
-that saints will show up?
Is it likely that this will involve Laura/Necessarius? If not then no. I think it's possible that Laura might want to get involved, but I think it's more likely that it will revolve around the NT characters with Laura at most, doing some plotting.

Quote:
As above

Quote:
-that some "already used"-chars show up and support him despite shiage/ITEM/accel/sisters? (magic side chars)
As above if you mean Christianity. If you mean Norse, then most probably.

Quote:
-that othinus will meet other people? (like mikoto/accel/LO/etc)
Mikoto: OMG, how cute! *attaches via strap to bag*
Accel: WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU?!?!? *flicks across room*
LO: Oh wow, a new toy says Misaka Misaka excitedly as she places her amongst her claims
10032: Plops her with the now mouldy chicks and protects her

In other words, maybe in a comedy cameo kind of way, but I'm not expecting anything earth shattering to happen

Anyway, whatever did happen to the chicks? How did Misaka 10032 react when they started going off? Did she even realise that they are food? Why when that arc ended did I think "what about Misaka's chicks? Does she have a mouldy box of cakes in her room now?"??? *shrugs as I really did wonder* .

Quote:
-that othinus will provide "stated" statements about IB? not like ollerus and his "but this is ALL only my guess"-BS :/
As with what I said about IB, info will likely be drip fed and we've had some info recently.

Quote:
I don't know, possibly? It would make sense as this is a Magic God arc. As he has been stripped of his power I'm not sure what he would do beyond being a minor headache?

Quote:
That sounds like end game talk, so no.

Quote:
Maybe, but I doubt we will get any big revelations that will throw the MC's into battle against him.

Quote:
If this is the final arc or leading in to it, then maybe. If not, then I don't think Aleister will be doing anything that direct and offensive.

Quote:
Well, quite.

However, most arcs are magic side and the espers can and have gotten involved in magic side stuff. On the occasions where Mikoto and Accelerator have gotten involved with the magic side, I've felt it's been to it's overall benefit.

My point is that we are introduced to these Espers and AC, but they aren't actually used in a combat sense all that often, but when they are, it's great, so more would be good.

Quote:
With Railgun and Accelerator manga, I'm fairly certain most of the science story ideas had gone there.

In Index you're looking at a science setting being 'intrude' by a magic threat. Honestly it might be better to call it a "modern" setting intrude by a supernatural threat. And the people have to find a way to fix this strange problem.
But not everyone who reads the novels likes Manga and the Manga doesn't follow Shiage or the Index' plot so closely. Also Accelerator, Mikoto and Shiage (to a lesser extent) are building roles within the Index plot. So I think we will get more of them and it's to it's benefit when they are involved. Just because a lot of it is AC being invaded by magic, doesn't mean Espers can't be involved, in fact you'd expect them to be.

Last edited by Fizix; 2015-01-13 at 10:40. Reason: My spelling is attrocious
Old 2015-01-13, 11:02   Link #75
Draco Spirit

On Number 6 being on Touma side or not being a possible book theme, its because at this point he/she is still very much a wild card, figuring out his agenda be a nice bit of plot.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 11:31   Link #76
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazo View Post
sadly, i think that othinus is only going to be important as a "advisor" for 1 - 2 book.
(i don't remember if othinus actually use or have "odin ravens" which are a fountain of knowledge or, if she can count with mimir - i have some doubt about her knowledge about other mythologies)

and there are other "gods" (magic gods) that can work as advisor and at the same time being useful in battle.

----------------
Does anyone expect in nt12:
-a chance for Index to shine? - no
-mikoto popping up? - yes
-mikoto being involved in the plot? - maybe at the end of nt12, but she is going to be involved in nt 13
-shiage/ITEM NOT being involved) - whut?
-sisters popping up?- yes, as a small cameo/reference
-screentime for kakine? (after escaping his "volleyball"-mode) -no
-a fight?(or will it be like NT2 where we get explanations)-touma need to figth to "shine"
-accel being involved? (he is a MC too :/ ) - no, he is a forgotten character by now (he almost reached the top of development)
-#6 being on toumas side? (or is he the MCs enemy?) - please....he is going to help touma..
-nouken showing up? - i supoose that he can appear at the secon half of nt12 ..and he is going to end owned in the epilogue

BIB: How do you know anything about NT13? Or have I missed something?

Quote:
We had that, and it was ruined. Just like the image thread, the Kamijou thread, and the last Light Novel thread.

In the first place you don't actually have to keep posting if there's no new information.
I havent looked at the image and Kamijou threads, but the NT11 thread seems OK? But anyway isn't the point of a general discussion thread to allow people to talk more casually and poke fun if they want to? So I'm not sure how it can be *ruined* by general series discussion and banter?

BIB: But people clearly want too else there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Not everything has to be serious discussion.
Old 2015-01-13, 11:48   Link #77
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I havent looked at the image and Kamijou threads, but the NT11 thread seems OK? But anyway isn't the point of a general discussion thread to allow people to talk more casually and poke fun if they want to? So I'm not sure how it can be *ruined* by general series discussion and banter?

BIB: But people clearly want too else there wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Not everything has to be serious discussion.
We had a main LN thread a few years ago which grew too bloated.

And to answer your question:

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=129226

This isn't "no fun allowed," but the Index community on this site is practically defined by inane drivel. As one member of the community recently posted, every thread is basically "a certain off topic thread." No longer. If there is nothing relevant and on-topic to discuss, please don't pollute the threads "just to keep people talking." If you want a place to just "hang out," please check out the Fan Club.

Please be warned: members who can't obey these rules and continue to pollute the threads with drivel may by banned from the Index/Railgun sections of the site, and/or banned from the site entirely. We're happy to have this forum for novel fans, but we ask that you treat it with respect and keep the quality of discussion as high as possible.
Old 2015-01-13, 12:07   Link #78
Fizix
Nitpicking

Quote:
We had a main LN thread a few years ago which grew too bloated.

And to answer your question:

This is why I suggested it though, all forums experience what has been complained about and moving people away from the forum itself rarely works. People generally go to forums to discuss shows and chat amongst other fans, unless you have a dry or high brow fan base, then you'll have varied and casual discussion. Trying force a fan base to adhere to a structure that doesn't match them won't work, you'll just pollute stuff. Directing them away from the thing that they came to use, especially if that other thing is a graveyard, also won't work, cognitively it's akin to telling them to go away. People talk where people are talking, if people aren't talking in the other place, or if discussion isn't obvious, then they will see it as being relegated to the corner and won't use it.

Thats why forums have "off topic" / "casual chat" threads, where people can just casually chat about shows/series amongst fans. If you lock discussion down so people can't create threads openly, you'll only make the clutter worse as it creeps into more serious/structured threads.

And it doesn't matter if casual or off topic threads get bloated, that's what they are there for, to funnel the casual series chatter out of the other threads.

Last edited by Fizix; 2015-01-13 at 12:33.
Old 2015-01-13, 12:16   Link #79
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
BIB: How do you know anything about NT13? Or have I missed something?
my supposition and:
"story construction"
-first half of nt 12- mikoto following touma/thinking about touma
-first half of the "second half"of nt 12 - what is touma doing?
-second half of the second half of nt 12 - i am going to help you, touma! (she is relevant in nt13)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
On Number 6 being on Touma side or not being a possible book theme, its because at this point he/she is still very much a wild card, figuring out his agenda be a nice bit of plot.
nah, if you have the top level 5 as your bit..*cof*..allies , the rest are going to avoid a direct fight..or fight at all.
and:
~touma calling accel~
touma: hey accelerator, do you remember when i help you in russia? well, this time i need your help.
i have a wannabe level 5 running wild, please take care of him ♥

Do you expect in nt12:
no, but he is going to be mentioned in touma thoughts

please...of course not

who? ... ( no)

-thor showing up?
no

pfff, wait for the last book :heh (10 damn years without real info )

nope *maybe if nokan get owned*

wait 3 books for a possible mind*ucked index..and, berserker index is only going to last 3 pages against touma *berserker mode is useless at this point*

-that saints will show up?-
yes, but for now in scenes without relation with the magic gods arc ( i think that we can expect to see kanzaki and washing machine duo again)

yes, but sadly not in this book

-that some "already used"chars show up and support him despite shiage/ITEM/accel/sisters? (magic side chars)
yes

-that othinus will meet other people? (like mikoto/accel/LO/etc)[/B]
possible but i have my doubts

-that othinus will provide "stated" statements about IB? not like ollerus and his "but this is ALL only my guess"-BS :/[/B]
haha no

yes

-_- *you are failing me* .
.. nope

incomplete info, and aleisteir is going to revive the magic god to torture him/it

if noukan get owned, yes

* i demand a better format
Spoiler for level seven:
Old 2015-01-13, 20:21   Link #80
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Thats why forums have "off topic" / "casual chat" threads, where people can just casually chat about shows/series amongst fans. If you lock discussion down so people can't create threads openly, you'll only make the clutter worse as it creeps into more serious/structured threads.

And it doesn't matter if casual or off topic threads get bloated, that's what they are there for, to funnel the casual series chatter out of the other threads.
There won't be an off-topic thread in this sub-forum. Instead, you are invited to go to the social group. If you have questions about this, please contact me rather than continuing to derail this thread.

And just to be more clear...
Quote:
Directing them away from the thing that they came to use, especially if that other thing is a graveyard, also won't work, cognitively it's akin to telling them to go away.
In the past we have had to tell some hardcore "fanboys/fangirls" of some franchises who just couldn't stop chatting and dragging threads off-topic to go away. I don't want that to happen here.

That said, I think there is a lot of room for new on-topic threads to be created, but people rarely post ideas outside of the narrow sort of threads we always see.