AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 24 46.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 42.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-11-25, 03:03   Link #61
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It reminds me of the case with Patlabor 2 movie. The makers can't spare anymore money to animate the rebel military factions' tanks so they just use still frames of the tanks from various angle set in certain spots of the city looking menacing amid the snow with the foreboding silence. The result is a genuine work of art that sends the message of dread, instability and uncertainty during that sequence which is acknowledged by both fans and critics as a stroke of genius. All that originated from the need to save money. It's like Steven Spielberg's Jaws all over again.
Yeah, limitations and adversity force artists to be creative with their craft and can thus lead to great and unique results that may have never come about if they always had unlimited resources to work with.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 05:31   Link #62
Geburah

One thing I really disliked was that Assasin moved to flat ground and Saber SURVIVED Tsubame Gaeshi 3 slash version.

If Assasin performs it on a non flat ground he can only make 2 slashes making it possible to dodge.

3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi is impossible to dodge since it cuts all the escape routes, and Saber only managed to win later against it due to heroine bonus plus that Assasin blade got damaged earlier

In fact even Gae Bolg is easier to dodge, as long as you know how it works you can create countermeasures against it, 3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi counter is to not allow him to use it
Geburah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 05:40   Link #63
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was probably justified via Saber's luck once again.
Old 2014-11-25, 05:53   Link #64
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geburah View Post
One thing I really disliked was that Assasin moved to flat ground and Saber SURVIVED Tsubame Gaeshi 3 slash version.

If Assasin performs it on a non flat ground he can only make 2 slashes making it possible to dodge.

3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi is impossible to dodge since it cuts all the escape routes, and Saber only managed to win later against it due to heroine bonus plus that Assasin blade got damaged earlier

In fact even Gae Bolg is easier to dodge, as long as you know how it works you can create countermeasures against it, 3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi counter is to not allow him to use it
Her instinct (that "future vision" of her dying) triggered in time, causing her to get out of lethal range before it was too late.
Old 2014-11-25, 05:56   Link #65
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

But only barely--it still chewed right through her armor. Probably a combo of luck and instinct then.
Old 2014-11-25, 06:09   Link #66
Geburah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Her instinct (that "future vision" of her dying) triggered in time, causing her to get out of lethal range before it was too late.
Tsubame Gaeshi has EXTREME range due to his 1.50 m blade and when she fell she fell to her side and barely moved from where she was(remember she was near the side of the stairs and DIDNT move just fell from the stairs)

Of course it can be fanwanked that Saber used his instinct and blah blah but even for me is a bit hard to digest

Also Assasin has this skill : Knowledge of Respect and Harmony (宗和の心得, Sōwa no Kokoroe?) prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same opponent.

With Assasin rank B, attacks cannot be perceived by the enemy.
Old 2014-11-25, 06:18   Link #67
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Tsubame Gaeshi has EXTREME range due to his 1.50 m blade and when she fell she fell to her side and barely moved from where she was(remember she was near the side of the stairs and DIDNT move just fell from the stairs)

Of course it can be fanwanked that Saber used his instinct and blah blah but even for me is a bit hard to digest

Also Assasin has this skill : Knowledge of Respect and Harmony (宗和の心得, Sōwa no Kokoroe?) prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of a technique, regardless of how many times it is used against the same opponent.

With Assasin rank B, attacks cannot be perceived by the enemy.
Saber used Rank B luck, Rank A instinct and Rank A Prana Burst, to escape. I'd say that is enough to get away. But of course even with that she got damaged.
Old 2014-11-25, 06:52   Link #68
Geburah

Quote:
Saber used Rank B luck, Rank A instinct and Rank A Prana Burst, to escape. I'd say that is enough to get away. But of course even with that she got damaged.
It is not possible to get used to his fighting style no matter how many times he utilizes the same technique on a single foe due to his Knowledge of Respect and Harmony skill. It is the ability to “render one’s attacks unreadable to the enemy”, so even Saber's high Instinct cannot adapt to his fighting style after crossing blades many times. Its effect vastly improved with his unique “head-shot” techniques, so the opponent will not be able to see through his techniques even after retreating and challenging him again numerous times, always forced back to square one and fought as if it is the first encounter again.

With a 3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi using a non damaged blade the technique is invincible, luck has nothing to do since it has a 100% chance to connect

Using prana burst to escape backwards only works with the 2 slash version the 3 slash version has no openings to escape since it locks all possible manouvers
Old 2014-11-25, 06:56   Link #69
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
It is not possible to get used to his fighting style no matter how many times he utilizes the same technique on a single foe due to his Knowledge of Respect and Harmony skill. It is the ability to “render one’s attacks unreadable to the enemy”, so even Saber's high Instinct cannot adapt to his fighting style after crossing blades many times. Its effect vastly improved with his unique “head-shot” techniques, so the opponent will not be able to see through his techniques even after retreating and challenging him again numerous times, always forced back to square one and fought as if it is the first encounter again.

With a 3 slash Tsubame Gaeshi using a non damaged blade the technique is invincible, luck has nothing to do since it has a 100% chance to connect

Using prana burst to escape backwards only works with the 2 slash version the 3 slash version has no openings to escape since it locks all possible manouvers
Her Instinct did not predict Assassin's action, but her own death though, so it works.

She then dodged downstairs and propulsed herself away from Assassin with Prana Burst (the "propulsed" part is just speculation though, but I don't see any other good reason why it would have helped her to dodge it though, because she obviously cannot just block it).
Old 2014-11-25, 10:45   Link #70
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:
Her Instinct did not predict Assassin's action, but her own death though, so it works.

She then dodged downstairs and propulsed herself away from Assassin with Prana Burst (the "propulsed" part is just speculation though, but I don't see any other good reason why it would have helped her to dodge it though, because she obviously cannot just block it).
There was a quick scene where "Invisible Air" was being dispelled, shortly revealing the sword; and then there was a quick scene of one of Saber's feet, where cracks were being formed and the foot pushing hard to her left. I guess that it was possible.
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 10:47   Link #71
Jaden

From the animation and sound, it did seem like she used everything...even revealing her sword. Seems reasonable, if you sense an attack your swordplay can't deal with, summon all your strength, tumble out of the way and hope for the best.

Assassin's attack is technically impressive but it's not very destructive. Archer could do the same if he grew one more arm, lol. Though I guess then it'd be predictable.
Old 2014-11-25, 11:03   Link #72
Subarunyon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I can't believe there are complaints about the animation in this series? UBW 2014 and Fate/Zero are one of the most beautiful animes I've seen, production wise O_O Nothing comes closes to this so far.
As demonstrated by some, Fate Zero and UBW has places where the animation cuts corners. I personally think people like to pick the animation apart scene by scene because it's placed on a pedestal by some. I consider ufotable stuff one of the best, but they're not without flaws.
Subarunyon II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 11:05   Link #73
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Ugh, nothing is perfect. There will be flaws, obviously. Still, Ufotable's work looks better than most of the stuff out there. I will put it on pedestal, because it deserves it. Does anyone realize how hard is what they are doing?
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 11:15   Link #74
Ulic

The only anime this season which I think has better quality animation is Bahamut, but that really shouldn't be surprising seeing as we're talking about the same people that worked on Karas, which also had stunning visuals. F/SN comes a very close second this season and potentially this year even in terms of animation.
Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 11:17   Link #75
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I don't remember this much foreshadowing in this epi from the first series (but Ill admit I dont remember that much from the 2006 version).

Enjoyed the epi a lot, fight scenes were awesome. I squeeed when Archer did the "I am the bone of my sword"
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 13:07   Link #76
~oNe~
whatever

I just fine with everything but this one still confuse me:
Spoiler for Image:

This is 'Hollow Ataraxia' right???
It look like Archer(Emiya) got revive along his Unlimited Blade with 'Red Cloak'???

I never play VN so anybody here can confirm this part exist in any F/SN VN???

until now i still dont understand about archer history, how current emiya become Archer in the future.
I can gues about his physical appearence and his moral but not about his own 'red cloak'
~oNe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 13:38   Link #77
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
On Archer's Red Cloack:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-11-25, 19:54   Link #78
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~oNe~ View Post
This is 'Hollow Ataraxia' right???
It look like Archer(Emiya) got revive along his Unlimited Blade with 'Red Cloak'???

I never play VN so anybody here can confirm this part exist in any F/SN VN???

until now i still dont understand about archer history, how current emiya become Archer in the future.
I can gues about his physical appearence and his moral but not about his own 'red cloak'
I haven't played Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, but judging from the trailers, Fate/Zero and UBW, that thing is the Holy Grail (or Alaya considering the relation between the two, i don't know).
Adding in Nayrael's spoiler, ufotable might be depicting Archer's change into a Counter Guardian by adding in the red cloak as a symbol of his "blood stained heroism". There's a fan theory that the cloak was white but turned red from the countless blood that Archer shed in his countless battles.
The anime should be able to show more of Archer's past considering that the objective of ufotable's UBW is to give info that is new or not widely addressed or known. They've done it with Berserker's regenerating lives due to Illya, Illya's magecraft and maybe something else that I forgot.

Quote:
Ugh, nothing is perfect. There will be flaws, obviously. Still, Ufotable's work looks better than most of the stuff out there. I will put it on pedestal, because it deserves it. Does anyone realize how hard is what they are doing?
You, I like you. Personally, I would hold anything on good or high regard and defend it as anything has some sort of value on them. Of course, I'll concede if there's little to nothing to defend with. Everything has a flaw (KnK reference, yeah!) but the good stuff in ufotable's work is enough to cover or outweigh the flaws. Plus you made me remember the articles of animator suicides due to overwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuukio View Post
The only anime this season which I think has better quality animation is Bahamut, but that really shouldn't be surprising seeing as we're talking about the same people that worked on Karas, which also had stunning visuals. F/SN comes a very close second this season and potentially this year even in terms of animation.
The ones with a fighting chance of action anime of the season/year are FSN, Bahamut, and Parasyte.
FSN is mostly buildup till 2nd cour next year so plot/character wise, it be down a bit. Parasyte is a straight 2 cours as I've heard with a complete manga so Parasyte has the most chance of winning in plot/character section. Bahamut is a stranger to all due to no source material but as far as it is now, it's like an extended Hollywood movie of sorts, very Westernized. But there's still the chance of failing.
Animation wise, it's a fight between FSN and Bahamut. Both use CGI well, but there are times you can spot them right away if you were paying attention. Both have fluid animation, great colour palettes and nice character designs. Both have dips in animation as new episodes come by, (Bahamut resorted to a recap episode not even close to the halfway mark) but I won't say anything due to my sig.
Music wise, FSN vs Bahamut. Both are magic and sword style but FSN has a modern feel which fits its modern fantasy setting. Bahamut has this one great track I can think on the top of my head but I just hope they don't overuse it. Parasyte is low here. I have nothing against dupstep but a more tone down and low tone style would work for a lot of scenes. It's just that considering the theme is about primal vs empathetic instincts, low tone bass drums with strings would work better.
So all in all, I'm not throwing away FSN, but it comes down to Bahamut vs Parasyte.
#betteranimation #betterediting

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-11-26 at 05:22. Reason: removed reference to piracy
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 23:29   Link #79
Subarunyon II

Quote:
Just not to give you the wrong idea, I forgot to say that I'm also greatly enjoying the animation, and for the most part they are really quite beautiful. Anything that's not good will probably be fixed in the BR later.
Subarunyon II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-26, 02:20   Link #80
watisit

Somebody refresh my memory. Why did Archer save Shirou in the temple? Rin didn't order him to. Archer's fondest wish should've been to kill his younger self to avoid becoming a hero.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote