AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2014-06-04, 13:37   Link #61
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Again changed my banner, since I thought that it's better if it is a series, though just in case my time will be short, I'll switch to my touhou works immediately...

Anyway, thank you to all who commented in me, you're flattering me so much >_<

@Seit-sama = >_< *hiding due to embarassment*

@Ax-sempai = wahhhh, that's biased Thank you ^^

@Ryo-kun = your other banner have nicer atmosphere IMO... (3 loli)

@Riki-sama = as expected from you, a great banner IMO

@Frailty-sama = excellent lighting again from you ^^ , can't expect less from you.. :^^

@ganbaru-sama = 1st one neh?! cheers and good luck to us....

@Rein-chan = Make the font smaller so that it will be centered....

back to the topic...

Character/series: Love Live/Maki + Honoka

>_< Blending in this one is hellish, bec of the quality issue of the character pics.

Test Page = Beige
Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 14:55   Link #62
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Patchy, of al your try, it's the one than fit the best the theme.
The big issue is the text; you probably should use a more conventional font.
Old 2014-06-04, 16:03   Link #63
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Well, got my PS working again and, uh... tried something.

Notes: Text might be too dark / Font doesn't seem to fit, but it's the best I can muster / Blending to the sides seems a bit bright and abrupt, but I'm not sure.

I'm god damn horrible at themes like this.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-04, 19:03   Link #64
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for all the comments I guess it's just minor adjustments for me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxilism View Post
When I use my mobile device to access this thread, the top of the banner background becomes yellowish or greenish. However, when I take a screenshot and transfer it to a computer, it reverts to white. Is it an issue with accessing the site with mobile devices or is my device faulty (I can still see pure white on it though)?
I believe it's only a matter of monitor / screen difference. Each screens have their own color profile (like warmer / cooler colors, high contrast, etc.).

@rikikai: I agree with Pellissier, the text also seems a bit too small for me. Other than that, it looks very nice.

@RRW: I'd usually pick the text colors from the image... in your case, white (from the shirt) and brown (from the hair) might be suitable. Personally I'm not really sure with the orange / brownish tone of the overall image, so you might want to try another color and see if there's any that would fit better.

@Patchy: I felt so too since the image is clearly more summer-y. But it's exactly as NorthernFallout said, the render makes me unable to work with it, and that's already the best I could find.

As for yours, probably the right side transition would be better if smoothen more. Regarding the render quality, I assume you're using the images from cards too? I see Honoka's cheek is kinda wobbly there

@NorthernFallout: I agree with the font and I think a bit more width of the BG and a little more decoration on the image would be better. I see no problem with the transition, except that there's still a quite visible border problem on the left.
Old 2014-06-04, 20:31   Link #65
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
...back to the topic...

Character/series: Love Live/Maki + Honoka

>_< Blending in this one is hellish, bec of the quality issue of the character pics.

Test Page = Beige
This one is simply lovely in my opinion, and huzzah for some yukata!

Admittedly I kinda miss the ethereal touhou based one you did from earlier, but things are what they are, I guess....

I especially like the two offerings by Ryonea, ganbaru's bugaku shoujo (w00t for fuzzy ambience here) and the AnoHana based try by rikikai, but so many of the others look sooooo nice! Argh.... voting on such lovely stuff seems unfair at times. x_x

For me it is also very interesting to see the technical discussion and suggestions people are giving each other too - things that would never have occurred to me.
Old 2014-06-04, 21:46   Link #66
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I believe it's only a matter of monitor / screen difference. Each screens have their own color profile (like warmer / cooler colors, high contrast, etc.).
Thank you for the information, I guess I was overreacting.

These are my tries, I'm guessing more people would say the first is relatively better than the second but I'll post both since the second was my original idea.

Sakura Kyoko and Miki Sayaka from Madoka Magica
Fanart by Sha on pixiv
Source site: http://www.donmai.us/posts/1069616

It's simple because I don't know much about graphical effects so please don't use too complicated terms when criticizing it.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Auxilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 01:10   Link #67
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Again changed my banner, since I thought that it's better if it is a series, though just in case my time will be short, I'll switch to my touhou works immediately...
This one is beautiful as usual, but I have to admit that the previous one was the best of those you've posted here.

Quote:
It's simple because I don't know much about graphical effects so please don't use too complicated terms when criticizing it.
Very simple comments: the image and the text are two separate entities in your banner. Theoretically they should go together.
In addition the centre of the banner is on the left, but as expected it should be on the middle.
Old 2014-06-05, 03:50   Link #68
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Since I split up the image and the text I thought the center was between them, hence my positioning.
Is this better or is the center of the banner now between the image and the text since they are merged?

Old 2014-06-06, 02:05   Link #69
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

The text is a tad too big imho. Also I understand that they're immersed in the water but the background feels a bit empty. For example you may add a few sea elements.
Old 2014-06-06, 07:26   Link #70
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Reduced the size a little:

Test page

I tried to add something to the background and this was the best I could think of/blend in (I have been thinking if I wanted to add anything since I finished the first version). Personally I think it looks worse but, as evidenced, I can't tell what's aesthetically pleasing.

Test page

Unless you guys think the added background made it better I'll be submitting the first image of this post.
Old 2014-06-06, 10:00   Link #71
Bila
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Reduced the size a little:

Test page

I tried to add something to the background and this was the best I could think of/blend in (I have been thinking if I wanted to add anything since I finished the first version). Personally I think it looks worse but, as evidenced, I can't tell what's aesthetically pleasing.

Test page

Unless you guys think the added background made it better I'll be submitting the first image of this post.
Hi
As Pelisser alredy said try adding some more details in the Background, some simples Brushes and so. Maybe Sparkles?
I would try change the text, since this a banner i think that area needs somes special attention. The Font you used is kinda "shallow", i would recommend a more solid one that catches the eye and can be easily read, with strong colors.

----

@Patchy - Long time no see
You haven't lost the touch, everything looks amazing, i loved all the banners. Even though i love Love Live, i prefer the Touhou one.
Keep with the good job =D

@Rein - I would change the Black in the font, but the banner looks amazing, good job.
Old 2014-06-06, 17:25   Link #72
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Auxilism - I agree with Pell's suggestions. What you also might want to do is shift the text over a bit farther to the right, so it's not overlapping with Sayaka's cape as much. The text's transparency might become less of an issue then.

In any event, nice work.
Old 2014-06-06, 18:46   Link #73
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thank you for the information, I guess I was overreacting.
Don't worry, your device's just normal IMO. Although we can calibrate them, each screen (whether they are laptops, monitors, TVs, tablets, smartphones, etc.) have their own natural color characteristics so the calibration won't be too far from it. So it's just normal if one image looks a bit yellowish / bluish, etc. on different screens.

Quote:
These are my tries, I'm guessing more people would say the first is relatively better than the second but I'll post both since the second was my original idea.

Yeah, I think the 1st one is better too, even when compared to your latest revisions.

I think you need to alter the placement (of the image and the text) first. Based on your 1st try, bring both of the text and the image closer to the center. Which means shifting the image to the right a bit and the text to the left. Make sure both of them look as a union and placed in the center area of the gradient. Your latest tries have them too much to the right IMO.

After seeing the source image, I assume you didn't extract (separate the character from the background) it? I see the bubbles are still intact. You can decorate your work using brushes if you know how to do it. Bubble-themed brushes would suit IMO, just search the internet if there are some of them free to use. Assuming that you didn't extract the image, place your decorations on a new layer above your image. Don't worry about touching the characters' parts (such as hairs, etc.) as long as you think it'll fit. Besides, you could correct it anytime since it's done in another layer so the character image won't be affected
Old 2014-06-09, 00:57   Link #74
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Thanks for the multiple sources of feedback and especially you, Ryonea, for a specific example.
@Bila Sparkles aren't my thing, they're too flashy and extravagant in my opinon.
@Ryonea I can't do colored redrawing so I left the bubble there; some asymmetry, perhaps?

Sporadic changing of size:
Old 2014-06-09, 04:26   Link #75
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Oh, I mentioned the bubbles only as a reference because if the image is extracted then most likely the some of the bubbles will be cut off. It's best to leave them as they are alright

I think yours is better now as a base. You only need to decorate it more with anything you see fit. For the bubbles brushes, try to make the scatter more natural (from the variation of sizes, placements, etc.). Unfortunately I can't really tell how to do it except by learning from seeing other similar images (drowning in water). You might notice a certain pattern on how to make the bubbles scatter naturally. You can experiment to color them too and see how they'll turn out.
Old 2014-06-09, 04:44   Link #76
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Giving this another crack, hopefully I haven't gone overboard with the blurring this time.

DraftC r1

Preview: Beige | Blue

DraftC r1a: photo filter

DraftC r1b

It's got me wondering if a mostly green background might work as well. If all else fails, I could always go back to an older revision...
Old 2014-06-09, 09:51   Link #77
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@blaze0041, I do prefer the r1b one as its background contrast less with the gradiant.
Old 2014-06-10, 23:22   Link #78
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

^ Again thanks for everyone's comment,

Done with my final one.... any concerns on this one before I submit it?

Code:
Character: Houraisan Kaguya / Touhou
Artwork: Efe

Test Page: Blue

@blaze - agree with ganbaru-sempai, the last one is the one who's blended in the bg nicely
Shiro
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 23:25   Link #79
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
^ Again thanks for everyone's comment,

Done with my final one.... any concerns on this one before I submit it?

Code:
Character: Houraisan Kaguya / Touhou
Artwork: Efe

Test Page: Blue

@blaze - agree with ganbaru-sempai, the last one is the one who's blended in the bg nicely
Awesome design as always! I think the brightness on the typography can he brought down a little bit, it especially starts to get heavy around the "suki" portion.

Other than that, very hard to complain.
Old 2014-06-11, 01:21   Link #80
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
I agree with the comment above regarding the text.
And maybe the character (at least the face) looks a little blurry? I'm getting that impression.