AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-07, 08:10   Link #61
vlade

here what i found about Agares
Quote:
In demonology, according to some authors, Agares (or Agreas) is a Duke (or Grand Duke),
He can make runaways come back, and those who stand still run. He can also cause earthquakes and teaches languages, finding pleasure in teaching immoral expressions. He also has the power to destroy dignities, both temporal and supernatural
BTW what do you think about Georg and Leonardo power after came back from Underworld?
Old 2014-04-07, 08:45   Link #62
jopjopjop

Their description in demonology has very little to do with the what they are in the series.
Take the Phenex' for example
Quote:
In demonology, Phenex is a Great Marquis of Hell with 20 legions of demons under his command. He teaches all wonderful sciences, is an excellent poet, and is very obedient to the conjuror.
What was used are just their names and rankings.

~
Well, I don't have any idea in what Georg's research would come up but Leonardo probably won't have anything new since he's just there to accompany Georg.
Old 2014-04-07, 09:23   Link #63
lived_1714

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Their description in demonology has very little to do with the what they are in the series.
Take the Phenex' for example

What was used are just their names and rankings.

~
Well, I don't have any idea in what Georg's research would come up but Leonardo probably won't have anything new since he's just there to accompany Georg.
I think Leonardo might has new monsters in his mind while living with Georg.
Old 2014-04-07, 10:19   Link #64
vlade

maybe while Leonardo in Underworld he live in a box to train his imagination.
Old 2014-04-07, 11:04   Link #65
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Quick question is there a limit how many familiar you can summon in rating game ?

On a slight different topic if the gremory become teacher in sona school what will be there subject they are teaching?

1. Do you think that once agares is introduced by author do you think they are strong? or below average on the top 3 of the rookie 4?

2. Do you think the holy cross user will fall to saji? or to issei?

3. Do you still think Cao Cao is still human?

4. Can we consider current issei a technique type now due to recent upgrade beside his power and support role?

5. Do you think George and Leonardo will get an upgrade on the underworld?

6. Now I'm curious what will be the clan magic of agares
  • Rias has Power of Destruction
  • Sona has Water Manipulation
  • Sairaorg has Lion Taming
  • I do wonder what will be her power must read some research on agares

Rias power of destruction is not gremory clan ability, that is the Bael clan ability
Sairaorg ability is from the house of vapula not bael
Water demonic power that sona uses is not really a sitri speciality, Akeno can also use water demonic powers, Kiba and Irina can also use water based holy demonic swords to cast water spells (in vol 5 and 14) and rossewiesse has water magic
Old 2014-04-07, 14:29   Link #66
DocBernax2814

The Battle in heaven.

I hope we can get to see more "deck" warriors. At the very least I want to see Irina "partners" and what king of power they unleash once together.
Old 2014-04-07, 15:59   Link #67
GBFirestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Water demonic power that sona uses is not really a sitri speciality
I swear I read that Sitri specialize is water related magic. That is why Serafall Sona's sister has huge ice power attacks. Sona has technique type with water control and Serafall has power type with ice.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:12   Link #68
jopjopjop

^Yes, Sitri clan specializes in water magic.
Quote:
As expected of the Sitri family whose specialty is water magic. I had heard that the older sister’s specialty was ice, while the younger sister’s was water.
Quote:
Water demonic power that sona uses is not really a sitri speciality, Akeno can also use water demonic powers, Kiba and Irina can also use water based holy demonic swords to cast water spells (in vol 5 and 14) and rossewiesse has water magic
Specializing in using water magic is different from being able to casually use it.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:13   Link #69
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFirestorm View Post
I swear I read that Sitri specialize is water related magic. That is why Serafall Sona's sister has huge ice power attacks. Sona has technique type with water control and Serafall has power type with ice.
you are indeed correct the sitri clan specializes in water based magic.

the wiki states so and i can confirm having read something about it in the novels as well.
although don't ask me to dig up the line in the novels someone else can do that.
Old 2014-04-07, 16:22   Link #70
Lopez805
Oppai

Wouldn't that be before or after the sitri gremory fight in volume 5?
Old 2014-04-07, 17:10   Link #71
jopjopjop

It's during the gremory-sitri rating game.

Right before Rias and Sona's fight, Kiba thought about that.
Old 2014-04-07, 17:26   Link #72
aw454wtr

Quote:
^Yes, Sitri clan specializes in water magic.

Specializing in using water magic is different from being able to casually use it.
What I really meant was the ability to use water is not passed down genetically in theory anyone can specialize in it if they train enough, unlike power of destruction or phenex regen which can only be passed genetically
Old 2014-04-07, 17:36   Link #73
jopjopjop

But if they are branded as a clan that specializes in using water magic, then they may be techniques that will only be possible to members of that clan. Or their research or use of water magic is way up the normal standard that it is very hard to replicate without assistance from them.
Old 2014-04-07, 18:08   Link #74
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
But if they are branded as a clan that specializes in using water magic, then they may be techniques that will only be possible to members of that clan. Or their research or use of water magic is way up the normal standard that it is very hard to replicate without assistance from them.
If I'm correct ice is still water frozen
Old 2014-04-07, 18:22   Link #75
aw454wtr

What is the specialty/distinguishing unique trait (not counting the way they treat their servants, that more like a tradition) of the gremory house then? sirzechs and rias only use power of destruction which is from Bael house
Old 2014-04-07, 18:30   Link #76
jopjopjop

Lord Gremory is said to have exceptional magical control and talent. So, that maybe what the Gremory "trait" is.

Sirzechs inherited both his father and mother's family traits. Magic control and POD and that's unusual. Usually, a child would only inherit one.

Rias inherited POD but not the control. That's why she's more of a wizard-power type.
Sairaorg inherited the lion-tamer trait from her mother. That's why he didn't inherit the POD.

~Ofc, these statements are just assumptions and are debatable.
Old 2014-04-07, 18:30   Link #77
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Sairaorg also inherit his clan unique trait from his mother which is lion taming. "Vapula"

Sirzech who is super devil inherit both clan traits of father "gremory" and mother "bael"

Wait.....From the description agares ability is controlling earth?

Now hmmm I wonder if the author gave clan traits by using the name symbolism "phenex" (fire, aerokinesis and immortality) Leviathan from 72 demonology "tentacle transformation ?????"
Old 2014-04-07, 19:14   Link #78
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
Sairaorg also inherit his clan unique trait from his mother which is lion taming. "Vapula"

Sirzech who is super devil inherit both clan traits of father "gremory" and mother "bael"

Wait.....From the description agares ability is controlling earth?

Now hmmm I wonder if the author gave clan traits by using the name symbolism "phenex" (fire, aerokinesis and immortality) Leviathan from 72 demonology "tentacle transformation ?????"
Looking back, apart from the SS where asia found rasse and the first OVA, we've not had many tentacle monsters for an ecchi series
Old 2014-04-07, 19:17   Link #79
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Looking back, apart from the SS where asia found rasse and the first OVA, we've not had many tentacle monsters for an ecchi series
Personally, I think that's a good thing Two is enough, we don't need any more than that (plus those two were in short stories, which are always insane)
Old 2014-04-07, 19:27   Link #80
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
no JUST NO i hate tentacle stuff it just defiles the girls and isn't funny nor erotic!
im already saddened japan has a huge fetish for this stuff!
stop defiling your girl characters japan!

Tags
wmg