AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 01:52   Link #61
hamazura
whatever

If i use emulator, can i play this using ATLAS (translation tool for VN)
or i cant because atlas cant read emulator?
Old 2013-07-22, 07:09   Link #62
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Finally finished chapter 1 and it is already better than danganronpa 1
the dark humour, the TWIST and the execution skill
the mysteries and the minigame are lot harder than the prequel
or maybe it is just me that bad at rithym game

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 07:31   Link #63
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
Alot harder? And lol i choose malicious difficulty again
you can read japanese? Good for you...
i will just wait for LETS PLAY script to finish the game and play the game while reading the english translation on the web (good thing he translate ALL text...)
its better than waiting for english release in vita and project zetsubo hesitate to translate it

Nice 100 monokuma coin from reloading DR savegame btw :3
Old 2013-07-22, 15:12   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post

No, I agree. I also find the sequel's trials a lot better (and harder) than the original's. It also helps that this cast is a lot more active, too.

And yeah, I haven't commented much on the LP yet since it's still in the middle of the chapter 2 investigation. I'm just waiting for the trial to begin, myself.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:19   Link #65
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

finished chapter 2
the sequel really fixed what lacks in danganronpa 1 : characterisation and their background

poor couple ;_;

and I wasted my freetime too
( both the victim and the culprit had the highest S.link )

Old 2013-07-23, 03:47   Link #66
hamazura
whatever

what the... LETS PLAY forum all of sudden require me to register, and i have to pay to register? what the...
now i can feel despair, all hope of playing SDR2 now gone...
Old 2013-07-23, 05:49   Link #67
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
what the... LETS PLAY forum all of sudden require me to register, and i have to pay to register? what the...
now i can feel despair, all hope of playing SDR2 now gone...
Ahhh so the side from my quicklist thaat suddenly turned into advertisments yesterday and I deleted was the lets play forum...
*facepalm*

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:02   Link #68
ellifeedn
Thinker

Yeah the paywall is up again. Don't worry, in a few weeks it'll go away.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 15:34   Link #69
marvelB

Well, that doesn't surprise me the least bit.

But on the bright side, the trial should already have started by the time the block goes down.
Old 2013-07-23, 18:43   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

So, tried SDR2 myself, and they really went ahead into baiting DR1 players expectations and "betray" them in a good way.
I'm done with the first case: the narration and difficulty certainly blow DR1 first 3 cases altogether. That and Monokuma dropping the plot twist bombs that early.

That being said, I'm not exactly that fond of the new cast. They sure have some unique quirks as well, but a bunch of them are really annoying (Namely Hyoko, Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi, and to some extent Miharu), to the point I really want them to shut up (I only felt that way for Yasuhiro and at times Touko).
Of course, there are good characters in the lot, but they don't really mesh that well together, so they are more prone to their antics than really forming a group.
Old 2013-07-24, 00:13   Link #71
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

If someone asks me what makes DR2 good, I'll say that it's their characterization. I'd say keep playing since I think most of the cast are developed well Also each case seems to have much more impact than DR1.

Oh there's also another LP for anyone who wants it:
http://kuzuhiko.tumblr.com/ for ch 2-3/4
http://birdmanronpa.tumblr.com/ 4-6

Not perfect but they're pretty decent.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 00:52   Link #72
marvelB

^I actually knew about those other LPs for a while now, but I wanted to be a good boy and wait out the Oren translation instead. But with so many paywalls going on now, I guess I may as well bite the bullet (get it? Dangan? Bullet? Oh, I crack myself up ) and check em' out from where SA's LP left off. Besides, I want a better understanding of the plot myself since I've mainly played it "raw" so far.....

....Of course, that won't mean I'll abandon Oren's translation. I really do enjoy what he and his group have been doing so far (and he still hasn't finished translating Zero yet, so.....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, I'm not exactly that fond of the new cast. They sure have some unique quirks as well, but a bunch of them are really annoying (Namely Hyoko, Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi, and to some extent Miharu), to the point I really want them to shut up (I only felt that way for Yasuhiro and at times Touko).
Of course, there are good characters in the lot, but they don't really mesh that well together, so they are more prone to their antics than really forming a group.

As mentioned above, one really great thing about SDR2's cast is that they're much more well-developed compared to the first game's. In fact, some characters that I cared little about in my first playthrough became much more interesting when the translations started coming along (particularly Owari, though Sonia and Pekoyama count, as well). So as far as your concerns go, I'd just say..... wait until you're further along in the plot. Hopefully, you too shall see the light.....

Though for me, Tanaka, Nidai, and Mioda are my top three faves. Always has been, and will continue to stay that way!
Old 2013-07-24, 04:09   Link #73
hamazura
whatever

so oren LP will be open for free again in the future?
well its fine then even if it take a long time, coz there will be so much update when it opened

that LP chapter 1-3 (plus progressing ch.4 )
how can i go to chapter 1 post? I have to next page next next next until it reach the begining of LP? -_-

and after i saw that trial... that looks hard, the skateboard minigame and hangman need real japanese language skill -_-
and the non-stop debate, its the same with spoiling everything coz i have to look at translation of each word...
i hesitate now, should i play but wont feel like playing (only in trial) or should i wait for next and next year for official release -_-

Last edited by hamazura; 2013-07-24 at 04:26.
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 05:56   Link #74
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As mentioned above, one really great thing about SDR2's cast is that they're much more well-developed compared to the first game's. In fact, some characters that I cared little about in my first playthrough became much more interesting when the translations started coming along (particularly Owari, though Sonia and Pekoyama count, as well). So as far as your concerns go, I'd just say..... wait until you're further along in the plot. Hopefully, you too shall see the light.....
I've also noticed that SDR2 give a better characterization by taking its time with the introduction and meshing every characters more in your everyday discussions.
Heck, even in the trial, characters are much more active (particularly due to the counterargument showdown system) and give more nuanced output.

That being said, the characters I mentioned are inherently annoying to me exactly because of their quircks than anything. Hyoko and Fuyuhiko are downright obnoxious, whereas Kazuichi reminds me a tad too much of Yasuhiro.

Thus far, Nekomaru, Gundam and Peko tickled my fancy. Akane and Ibuki are also fun. Mikan is... well, cute and all, but a bit too much on the dojikko side...
Old 2013-07-24, 06:14   Link #75
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

dont worry, they ll get better
Spoiler for especially:

finished case 3
the easiest case so far, I can guess who is the culprit before the trial start
and it is not based on the evidence
Spoiler for hmm:

Old 2013-07-24, 07:35   Link #76
Kirayuki

In Chapter 2 right now. Ouch, can't believe I just found a "Gap Moe" in my Dangan Ronpa

Anyway, this game really blow the 1st game out of water.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 14:06   Link #77
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Okay, now that's stupid: I just can't get through the counterargument in the second trial, simply because I don't have any sharpness skills equipped.
I guess I will simply put in フツウ considering I simply don't deal enough damage in イジワル.
Old 2013-07-24, 14:10   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
That being said, the characters I mentioned are inherently annoying to me exactly because of their quircks than anything. Hyoko and Fuyuhiko are downright obnoxious, whereas Kazuichi reminds me a tad too much of Yasuhiro.

I can understand being annoyed with Saionji (I'm not really a fan of the snarky little pest myself), but I dunno how Kuzuryuu can get on your nerves so much considering that he barely does anything in the first chapter. I mean, the dude's pretty much like a street-smart version of Togami (whom I don't recall you having any problems with). Or is it just his "babyface" thing that bothers you?

Quote:
Thus far, Nekomaru, Gundam and Peko tickled my fancy. Akane and Ibuki are also fun. Mikan is... well, cute and all, but a bit too much on the dojikko side...

Ah, always great to see more Nidai fans. The dude seriously doesn't get enough love (from Japanese fans, anyway).

And for the record, I think Komaeda is great, too. So far I've kept commenting on how creepy he is, but I do find him to be a legit interesting character, nonetheless. Still doesn't hold a candle to the breeder/coach combo in my book, though.....
Old 2013-07-24, 14:38   Link #79
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, I didn't like Byakuya either. He only became "decent" after chapter 4, and he is at least "useful" during the trials.
Fuyuhko OTOH is basically Mondo fused with Byakuya, without any of the latter's good points thus far: acting like he is the boss and keep trashtalking all the time. And exactly because he didn't exactly do anything during the first chapter, his behaviour is hardly called for hence why I have trouble to even get interested in him.

But at least he is not as insufferable as Hyoko, and while I'm still in the second trial, I just wish she could have a reality check hard.

Meanwhile, Chiaki gained tons of points with the first trial and especially this chapter. That said, she doesn't really have the same "necessary character" aura (the likes Kyouka had in DR1) so I'm afraid she will die sooner or later.
I sure wish Mikan could get a grip at times, because she is a tad too much on the otaku pandering: being a monstruous dojikko level toppled with her meek and "neverending apology" behaviour.
Old 2013-07-24, 14:56   Link #80
Kirayuki

The moment I heard Chiaki's voice, I was pretty sure she would be important character (and so far it seems true).

And I felt a bit annoyed after clearing chapter 2, the worst character managed to live and prevented me from getting the last fragment for a certain character.

While I was mostly indifferent with DR1 characters (well maybe except Byakuya and Kyouko). DR2 characters are either love or hate for me. Though, that's probably also why their removal from the stage hit me more than DR1.

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2013-07-24 at 15:31. Reason: Preventing future victims
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote