AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 18:00   Link #61
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
MV5 the problem with 3 episodes for the final showdown is what exactly are you gonna do. You've lost Glepnir the vali issei teamup is pointless because Fenrir is gone. Talking to the actual sleeping dragon is pointless. All the leadup that happens in the original fight is GONE. So you just have them confronting loki which frankly we've already seen is pointless because they'll be curbstomped again. The breast fairy thing is also pointless because we've shown that he can handle it with a few boosts. There's no legitimate way you can see him winning without it being *shudder* anime original something which tainted this entire storyline to begin with
They will probably use the curse that Loki placed upon Issei as a driving point for the final battle. I've heard people theorize that maybe it will make Issei undergo JD again and go berserk to setup a fight with Vali. Or it will make Issei fall under Loki's control, where the chichigami could help break said control. All speculation at this point.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:02   Link #62
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Uh, no? The novel did it best by ending the previous "chapter" with Asia "dying". That's a far, FAR greater cliffhanger than Issei going berserk. If she doesn't "die" as the cliffhanger, then her death is 100% overshadowed by <insert yet another power-up for the main character here>.
^^^^THIS. JUST THIS.

I'm still trying to figure how they will make the Oppai Dragon stuff since apparently there's no Sitri RG. I think they could say Azazel wanted to do it for the lulz, and it'd make sense, Azazel built a bunch of crazy stuff for lulz after all. I'm still waiting for the SS with the Maouga to be translated. But it still worries me.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:18   Link #63
Archilla

As much as I agree that the cliffhanger should be Asia's "death" and not the Power-up HYPEHYPEHYPE of the MC, I think it's most likely that they'll be doing the latter.

Look at how they ended the second to last episode that's out of BorN. It's just natural for a shonen to end an episode like this, and a "safe" decision. I love TNK and the work they've done for us, but I don't expect them to break away from the par.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:22   Link #64
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Uh, no? The novel did it best by ending the previous "chapter" with Asia "dying". That's a far, FAR greater cliffhanger than Issei going berserk. If she doesn't "die" as the cliffhanger, then her death is 100% overshadowed by <insert yet another power-up for the main character here>.
I cant disagree with that but here's the question and its an opinion one. What makes Juggernaut drive such an iconic scene. Is it the transformation itself or is it why the transformation happens. I'll give u a comparable event. In Dragon Ball Z Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan for the first time after watching Frieza kill his best friend. if they ended that episode with krillins death and then had Goku transform in anger the next episode would it be as iconic. Same idea here. My opinion is Super Saiyan is iconic because you see his pain erupt into power and that fuels him. Its an opinion so idk what your thought on the subject is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
^^^^THIS. JUST THIS.

I'm still trying to figure how they will make the Oppai Dragon stuff since apparently there's no Sitri RG. I think they could say Azazel wanted to do it for the lulz, and it'd make sense, Azazel built a bunch of crazy stuff for lulz after all. I'm still waiting for the SS with the Maouga to be translated. But it still worries me.
You know the scary thing is i forgot about the Oppai dragon thing because without the reveal of the TV show and the stuff the theme song to stop JD is also not quite there. Plus we have akeno sexytime but no Rias time YET.

The problem with that second statement is they've broken away from the "par" with dxd already so doing it moreso isnt surprising

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:22   Link #65
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
As much as I agree that the cliffhanger should be Asia's "death" and not the Power-up HYPEHYPEHYPE of the MC, I think it's most likely that they'll be doing the latter.

Look at how they ended the second to last episode that's out of BorN. It's just natural for a shonen to end an episode like this, and a "safe" decision. I love TNK and the work they've done for us, but I don't expect them to break away from the par.
Actually, that scene in episode 4 makes me want them to go with the former even more. If they just repeat that it'll be kind of repetitive.

@Imperial: They already did the Oppai Dragon Song (It was brilliant, I still put that on replay for about an hour every now and then), so It's already confirmed to happen. It's more a worry of how they'll explain it.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:24   Link #66
Archilla

Quote:
Actually, that scene in episode 4 makes me want them to go with the former even more. If they just repeat that it'll be kind of repetitive.
I agree. I'm just saying that I feel like it's likely that they will be doing the same thing. TNK wants this stuff to sell well. Didn't Ishibumi say JD was even more powerful this time around?

They're gonna hype the absolute crap out of it.

EDIT: Imperial, I see what you're going for with the SSJ reference, and no one is denying that it's one of the most iconic scenes in all of anime. But we've come to see DBZ inspired stuff like that all over the place. The "Rage-induced MC power-up to new epic form" is a trope, and almost a cliché at this point. Just because something else was iconic, doesn't mean a carbon-copy will be.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:26   Link #67
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

He just said it would be more epic than the LN. Not more powerful. But regardless I'm not even sure how that's even remotely possible.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:30   Link #68
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey Pyro View Post
He just said it would be more epic than the LN. Not more powerful. But regardless I'm not even sure how that's even remotely possible.
I'm pretty sure he said JD will be stronger in the second to latest post on his blog. Or the last one, don't remember exactly. At least Google Translate told me he said that.

If they paid 1/2 of the total budget for the animator of that episode and 1/3 third for the soundtrack of that same episode, it'll be the first time I get a boner watching DxD.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:32   Link #69
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he said JD will be stronger in the second to latest post on his blog. Or the last one, don't remember exactly. At least Google Translate told me he said that.

If they paid 1/2 of the total budget for the animator of that episode and 1/3 third for the soundtrack of that same episode, it'll be the first time I get a boner watching DxD.
It'll feel more powerful. Meaning exactly what Obey said.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:34   Link #70
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
It'll feel more powerful. Meaning exactly what Obey said.
I was kinda joking.

You know I said I used Google Translate don't you? It's not like I'm believing everything I read there to the letter, I'm not crazy. lol
Old 2015-05-03, 18:36   Link #71
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
I was kinda joking.

You know I said I used Google Translate don't you? It's not like I'm believing everything I read there to the letter, I'm not crazy. lol
I know, I was only clarifying what I interpreted from GT.

On the Oppai Dragon stuff, the key part is how they're gonna get the children's attention on Ise so they can come up with the Oppai Dragon show. Fighting Loki wasn't televised so they can't use that excuse; I still think the best bet is showing the Sitri RG off-screen with the highlights as a TV broadcast and then they keep the Young Devils Tournament momentum as well as a reason for the Oppai Dragon show's commencement.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:38   Link #72
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

@Imperial: They already did the Oppai Dragon Song (It was brilliant, I still put that on replay for about an hour every now and then), so It's already confirmed to happen. It's more a worry of how they'll explain it.
That was my point. They've ignored Oppai Dragon to this point so they cant explain the song logically without it.

Quote:

EDIT: Imperial, I see what you're going for with the SSJ reference, and no one is denying that it's one of the most iconic scenes in all of anime. But we've come to see DBZ inspired stuff like that all over the place. The "Rage-induced MC power-up to new epic form" is a trope, and almost a cliché at this point. Just because something else was iconic, doesn't mean a carbon-copy will be.
you're right however within every series you have certain moments that stand out and certain moments that you absolutely have to do right. I thought about my worries so i did a pole in the Social group for DxD about what are the top 3 iconic moments in this anime. Juggernaut drive is number 2 and if you ask anybody whose an LN reader (including me) one of the most important reasons for a Season 3 was juggernaut drive being animated. Its incredibly iconic within DxD most people probably wouldnt actually think of the SSJ reference without it being mentioned some might but either way THEY MUST DO THIS RIGHT. especially with a sketchy Loki battle remaining. If they do JD wrong it sets up very poorly for what i can only guess is a vol 9 and 10 season 4 (though doing 9 10 and 11 would be interesting (not necessarily in a good way)) because vol 10 of the current translated chapters is probably the best volume of the entire series to this point.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-05-03, 18:47   Link #73
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
That was my point. They've ignored Oppai Dragon to this point so they cant explain the song logically without it.

you're right however within every series you have certain moments that stand out and certain moments that you absolutely have to do right. I thought about my worries so i did a pole in the Social group for DxD about what are the top 3 iconic moments in this anime. Juggernaut drive is number 2 and if you ask anybody whose an LN reader (including me) one of the most important reasons for a Season 3 was juggernaut drive being animated. Its incredibly iconic within DxD most people probably wouldnt actually think of the SSJ reference without it being mentioned some might but either way THEY MUST DO THIS RIGHT. especially with a sketchy Loki battle remaining. If they do JD wrong it sets up very poorly for what i can only guess is a vol 9 and 10 season 4 (though doing 9 10 and 11 would be interesting (not necessarily in a good way)) because vol 10 of the current translated chapters is probably the best volume of the entire series to this point.
Actually I would be mad as hell if they did V9-V11 as a Season 4. The reason I can put up with BorN doing 3 Volumes is because it allows them to give the 3rd Arc, which is the best one up to now by far, a proper adaptation.

And the fact that V7 is the worse Volume up to date and only has 4 scenes I care about, but that's besides the point.
Old 2015-05-03, 18:49   Link #74
GDB

Quote:
I cant disagree with that but here's the question and its an opinion one. What makes Juggernaut drive such an iconic scene. Is it the transformation itself or is it why the transformation happens. I'll give u a comparable event. In Dragon Ball Z Goku transforms into a Super Saiyan for the first time after watching Frieza kill his best friend. if they ended that episode with krillins death and then had Goku transform in anger the next episode would it be as iconic. Same idea here. My opinion is Super Saiyan is iconic because you see his pain erupt into power and that fuels him. Its an opinion so idk what your thought on the subject is.
While I agree with the premise, Goku's rage took all of maybe 45 seconds to manifest into a transformation. Issei's will probably take close to 5 minutes.

Quote:
All they really have to do is have Azazel decide it'd be fun to do and bring it up in episode 6 or 7. They don't need to make a big thing out of it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:50   Link #75
Archilla

Quote:

The part where I disagree is that the only way to make it iconic is to have the episode end on it. You know how to make it iconic? Make it awesome, well-done, and meaningful. And part of the meaningfulness is Asia.

For instance, to continue with the SSJ reference, are you aware the episode where SSJ is revealed doesn't end on the transformation? You get a scene with Ginyu-Frog and Bulma first.

What made that scene iconic was what it meant and the imagery. When most people think of that scene, the image that pops into their head is the famous shot of Goku from behind, glowing with golden aura, just having transformed. It was important because it showed how much Goku cared, and it went on to define the series.

JD be will be iconic if they make it look amazing, and get it to show how far Issei is willing to go for his loved ones. Blowing Asia out of the water by ending the episode on JD happening just leaves us with a classic Shonen ending, and you can practically hear DBZ's narrator:

"Has Shalba pushed Issei's anger to new heights?

And can Issei avenge the life of his close friend Asia?

*cue that epic guitar riff*

The only way to find out is to stay tuned to the next exciting episode of High... School... D...(xD)"
Old 2015-05-03, 18:54   Link #76
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

The only way to find out is to stay tuned to the next exciting episode of High... School... D...(xD)"
"Next Episode title: Asia is fine."

At least in my country the DBZ titles spoiled a lot of cool stuff. I still remember "Frieza is defeated" xD
Old 2015-05-03, 18:56   Link #77
GDB

At least we'd be able to find out how to pronounce DxD. D by D, D and D, D ex D, DD, D of D, etc.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 18:59   Link #78
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Actually I would be mad as hell if they did V9-V11 as a Season 4. The reason I can put up with BorN doing 3 Volumes is because it allows them to give the 3rd Arc, which is the best one up to now by far, a proper adaptation.

And the fact that V7 is the worse Volume up to date and only has 4 scenes I care about, but that's besides the point.
Trust me i agree that vol 9-11 as season 4 would be bad.

Quote:
The part where I disagree is that the only way to make it iconic is to have the episode end on it. You know how to make it iconic? Make it awesome, well-done, and meaningful. And part of the meaningfulness is Asia.

For instance, to continue with the SSJ reference, are you aware the episode where SSJ is revealed doesn't end on the transformation? You get a scene with Ginyu-Frog and Bulma first.

What made that scene iconic was what it meant and the imagery. When most people think of that scene, the image that pops into their head is the famous shot of Goku from behind, glowing with golden aura, just having transformed. It was important because it showed how much Goku cared, and it went on to define the series.

JD be will be iconic if they make it look amazing, and get it to show how far Issei is willing to go for his loved ones. Blowing Asia out of the water by ending the episode on JD happening just leaves us with a classic Shonen ending, and you can practically hear DBZ's narrator:

While you're wrong what makes JD so epic is the fact that the reality is if Vali doesnt appear every single person that was there would've been dead and Sirzechs would've had to appear.

If they end it with Rias gremory you've made the wrong choice and start the transformation you have a much more epic announcement.

DBZ Narrator: What is this new transformation wat does it mean for Issei Shalba and even the Gremory Gang what about poor Asia
All this on the next episode of High School DxD
Title: Juggernaut drive bitch (its actually Juggernaut Drive but i had to make the reference.
*cue guitar riff*

@Chichi DBZ did that for me too in america. However, the fact they didnt show the images meant you knew what was coming but u didnt know HOW they'd do it. The fact they send so many images of the next episode is one of the great flaws of current anime the anticipation isnt as good. I mean really no matter how much you add the fact that they show u wats next ruins a bit of the fun (That episode preview is also gonna be real interesting

Old 2015-05-03, 19:21   Link #79
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
While you're wrong what makes JD so epic is the fact that the reality is if Vali doesnt appear every single person that was there would've been dead and Sirzechs would've had to appear.
Not true. If Vali didn't appear, they'd still be able to escape but Ise would die (assuming just playing the song longer wouldn't be enough to snap him out of it).

What makes JD so epic is the absolute spine-chilling destruction it brings. Emphasis on spine-chilling. You have Ise walking around, disillusioned, trying to find Asia and go home. Then Shalba mentions she's dead. He looks up slowly, Ddraig starts that infamous line, he walks over to Shalba silently like a ghoul, and finishes [...made the wrong choice.] Then we have absolute curbstomp.

It's not about the power, it's about how it's shown. The cold, merciless desire to tear Shalba apart for what he did to Asia.
Old 2015-05-03, 19:24   Link #80
Archilla

We talked about ending the ep on the "You made the wrong choice" line before, and while epic it does totally overshadow Asia. Ah well. I'm excited either way.

Also, don't step to my DBZ narrator game, son. That was a direct quote from the CN broadcast, with only the names changed.

Edit: Gary hit the nail on the head.