AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-09-02, 13:50   Link #741
Hakai

Ryuuteimaru-sama will make Melvezoa his servant.

Melv will be like Ryuuteimaru's bova.
Old 2019-09-02, 14:55   Link #742
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
now if they manage to put trihexa on the side of the DxD group, that way there would be the possibility of defeating the machine gods of ExE
Well only Melvazoa and his two siblings are the real problem as they are above Dragon God-level. But our lord and savior Ryuuteimaru will demolish them.

I really think Ishibumi is really overworkinh himself doing two series at the same time. I don't care if we have to wait a year or two for the next volume or he has to put one of the series on hiatus. Just hope he gets better.

Wonder what Balberith's role is going to be in the next volume.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 15:01   Link #743
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Wonder what Balberith's role is going to be in the next volume.
Giving us diabetes and heart attacks by being the best, most adorable fan(son).
Old 2019-09-02, 15:04   Link #744
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
Giving us diabetes and heart attacks by being the best, most adorable fan(son).
He is worthy of being Issei's son.
Old 2019-09-03, 04:22   Link #745
Emperor of D.

Spoiler:

AxA? Was it suppose to be in the previous volume? Against who? Kiba? Balor Rias? That would've been a huge waste as it was not needed.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-03, 04:36   Link #746
Hakai

AxA was required to fight Daineko(koneko gender swapped version that's 2 meters tall).
Old 2019-09-03, 07:08   Link #747
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
Spoiler:

AxA? Was it suppose to be in the previous volume? Against who? Kiba? Balor Rias? That would've been a huge waste as it was not needed.
To fight Crom Cruach after he became Dragon God-level after training for like a week in anticipation of his fight with Ddraig and then easily defeats Ddraig with one punch. Disappointed he goes after Issei hoping for him to power up.
Old 2019-09-03, 18:56   Link #748
Emperor of D.

Quote:
To fight Crom Cruach after he became Dragon God-level after training for like a week in anticipation of his fight with Ddraig and then easily defeats Ddraig with one punch. Disappointed he goes after Issei hoping for him to power up.
Huh? That doesn't make sense.
Old 2019-09-03, 20:28   Link #749
Lucidrago

Quote:
Huh? That doesn't make sense.
It wasn't supposed to make sense.

So I wonder if Slash Dog Volume 4 is going to be connected to Shin Volume 4 in a way. Like Shin Volume 2 and Slash Dog Volume 3 were with the previous Ouryuu Nakiri and Momiji Nakiri being mentioned in Shin Volume 2 while at the same time making their debut in Slash Dog.

That's if he plans on releasing them around the same time.
Old 2019-09-04, 06:42   Link #750
Emperor of D.

I wonder why Ishibumi never allowed Issei to recruit any gods on his team? At first I thought Mahabali would join his team when he was introduced in volume 22 but that didn't happen. It would've been nice for a god to be inspired by Issei while on his team. I get Ishibumi wants to make Issei the central of group's main power but that's been going on for too long. You would think he could recruit a god given his reputation.
Old 2019-09-04, 08:14   Link #751
Lucidrago

Quote:
I wonder why Ishibumi never allowed Issei to recruit any gods on his team? At first I thought Mahabali would join his team when he was introduced in volume 22 but that didn't happen. It would've been nice for a god to be inspired by Issei while on his team. I get Ishibumi wants to make Issei the central of group's main power but that's been going on for too long. You would think he could recruit a god given his reputation.
Well a god wouldn't really belong on his team as a god would just largely take up the spotlight on Issei's team away from everyone else. If there was a god on his team, his major matches would have had a pretty uneven outcome.

And plus there aren't any gods that Issei really has enough of a connection to that they would want to join his team. The gods that would want to participate in the Azazel Cup were far more likelier to form their own teams or join another's as a lot of them would likely want to face Issei in the tournament.

And I can't really imagine a situation in which a god would be inspired by Issei. Plus that role belongs largely to Ouryuu and Bova at the moment.
Old 2019-09-04, 09:46   Link #752
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Your crying about the main Character being the group's main power? Are you new to shonen style series? Plus Ryuuteimaru
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 18:07   Link #753
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Your crying about the main Character being the group's main power? Are you new to shonen style series? Plus Ryuuteimaru
Ryuuteimaru is the ultimate god of DxD. Ophis or Shiva have nothing on Ryuuteimaru.
Old 2019-09-04, 19:53   Link #754
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Well a god wouldn't really belong on his team as a god would just largely take up the spotlight on Issei's team away from everyone else. If there was a god on his team, his major matches would have had a pretty uneven outcome.

And plus there aren't any gods that Issei really has enough of a connection to that they would want to join his team. The gods that would want to participate in the Azazel Cup were far more likelier to form their own teams or join another's as a lot of them would likely want to face Issei in the tournament.

And I can't really imagine a situation in which a god would be inspired by Issei. Plus that role belongs largely to Ouryuu and Bova at the moment.
Issei could've taken in a god instead of Grayfia as his queen or at the very least, he had room to have a god in volume 22 since he a rook and 5 pawn pieces available. If a god did join his team, I doubt it would take the spotlight from everyone else. Ravel would still be praised for her strategies and Issei would still be face of his team. Rias didn't get overshadowed despite having Crom and Strada on her team.

Also they have been gods that joined other teams besides god teams. Ruval has a god on his team and so does Cao Cao. Typhon's team is made up of God's from different mythologies.

Okay maybe inspired isn't the right word but more of influenced by Issei.
Old 2019-09-04, 19:59   Link #755
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Issei already has the strongest god haven't you been paying attention?
All Hail The Great Ryuuteimaru

On a serious note why would a god be influenced by him? Doesn't make much sense. Story wise he just started really interacting with gods.

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-09-04 at 20:10.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 20:49   Link #756
kiiro94

Has Indra already fought? I have not read Shin. Please help me with this.
kiiro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 20:49   Link #757
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Issei already has the strongest god haven't you been paying attention?
All Hail The Great Ryuuteimaru

On a serious note why would a god be influenced by him? Doesn't make much sense. Story wise he just started really interacting with gods.
The guy has influence angels, devils, yokai, humans, dragons, even Ophis and Great Red and considering monsters like Shiva and Indra has taken an interest in him then it wouldn't be farfetched if a god were to be influenced by him as well.
Old 2019-09-04, 20:52   Link #758
Lucidrago

Quote:
Issei could've taken in a god instead of Grayfia as his queen or at the very least, he had room to have a god in volume 22 since he a rook and 5 pawn pieces available. If a god did join his team, I doubt it would take the spotlight from everyone else. Ravel would still be praised for her strategies and Issei would still be face of his team. Rias didn't get overshadowed despite having Crom and Strada on her team.

Also they have been gods that joined other teams besides god teams. Ruval has a god on his team and so does Cao Cao. Typhon's team is made up of God's from different mythologies.

Okay maybe inspired isn't the right word but more of influenced by Issei.
Issei's the MC though. Other teams having gods or god-class beings doesn't compare.

A god or god-class being has to be a queen, 2 rooks, 2 bishops, 2 knights, or 8 pawn pieces in the Azazel Cup.

Issei really has no connection to a god to the point where it would make sense for one of them to join his team. And why would a god be inspired by Issei? Not saying they can't admire him. But some of these gods are hundreds or thousands of years old. In what sense could they be influenced by him?

A god on Issei's team would have just proven his matches against Barakiel, Dulio, and Sona pretty useless.

Rias is not the powerhouse of her team like Issei is. She can have beings like Strada and Crom Cruach on her team without them overshadowing her.

The theme of this arc seems to be defeating gods not teaming up with them. What powerful god could possibly want to join Issei's team and miss out in.the chance to face Issei in the tournament?
Old 2019-09-04, 20:58   Link #759
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiiro94 View Post
Has Indra already fought? I have not read Shin. Please help me with this.
Fought Mahabali and won. Fight wasn't completely one sided, Mahabali did some good damage before going down.
Old 2019-09-04, 22:22   Link #760
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Issei's the MC though. Other teams having gods or god-class beings doesn't compare.

A god or god-class being has to be a queen, 2 rooks, 2 bishops, 2 knights, or 8 pawn pieces in the Azazel Cup.

Issei really has no connection to a god to the point where it would make sense for one of them to join his team. And why would a god be inspired by Issei? Not saying they can't admire him. But some of these gods are hundreds or thousands of years old. In what sense could they be influenced by him?

A god on Issei's team would have just proven his matches against Barakiel, Dulio, and Sona pretty useless.

Rias is not the powerhouse of her team like Issei is. She can have beings like Strada and Crom Cruach on her team without them overshadowing her.

The theme of this arc seems to be defeating gods not teaming up with them. What powerful god could possibly want to join Issei's team and miss out in.the chance to face Issei in the tournament?
I know what a god is worth and Issei could've made some changes in volume 22. Put Bova as his Rook which leaves his 8 pawn pieces open for a god fighter to take the slot.

Issei has made connections to people he didn't know of. For example, he had no connection to Roygun but she still offered to join his team. He had no connection to Tiamat or Nakiri but Nakiri was given to him by Tiamat. We've already seen multiple gods like Shiva, Indra and Mahabali take an interest in him.

Yet Vali has a top 10 monster like Fenrir on his team. Was Vali overshadowed by the legendary wolf that's feared by gods?

Most gods are not on the tournament solely to fight Issei. Heck, most gods dropped out of the torunament the moment Indra participated in it.