AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-08-14, 16:26   Link #681
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I like Magika and Shinmai, actually. Both of them already have sex (yes, same for Shinmai). Shinmai had the sex in Volumes 10 and 11, the final two Volumes. They haven't been translated yet, though (it's only been translated up to Volume 7 Chapter 3 (part of it) or some such). But the thing is, the girls had reasons for not being able to do it which had to be resolved first. If you read it, you'll know (all of the spoilers included). In Magika, the MC had sex with the 7 main girls in the harem by the latest translated Volume. DxD is the only one where the author is forced to not write it even though he wants to. I hate it. I'm not saying I want to see the whole sex scene, but Ishibumi can at least imply it happened and then do a fade-to-black and show the next morning's scene. Basara and Mio's was shown completely in Shinmai, in Volume 10, by the way. But DxD can't do that, so a time-skip where the sex is implied would be enough.

And no, it's not the publishers at fault here, it's the chief editor. Even the new chief editor isn't allowing it (I heard there was a change).
Old 2017-08-14, 21:40   Link #682
Lucidrago

Well I didn't read it but I knew about the reasons why they couldn't have sex and it just kind of ticked me. An author can have the MC do all these things with the girls and basically go into hentai territory but can't even do that 'final step'. I say better to not write it than to put in some ridiculous reason to basically have the girls stay virgins when it's already in hentai territory like Shinmai Maou.

Now about High School DxD I really don't mind there not being sex. Now that's just my personal opinion and I know people get annoyed at the cockblocks but still what do people expect? High School DxD is still an amazing series nonetheless and Ishibumi actually worked around the no-sex angle. And he did it without overloading it with ecchi and provided a good dose of action, ecchi, comedy, and character development in equal measure. I'm not saying DxD is perfect. But compared to other series of the genre, it is excellent in my opinion. But still even as good a writer that Ishibumi is I don't see how he can put a sex scene in DxD. Or even implied. It will kind of ruin the series in a way. And this is the last arc. I wouldn't be satisfied with either one. Both of them would feel too out of place in this series. An important moment like that gets skipped over? BS. And considering that this is an ecchi series. And having a full sex scene would just be out of place and going too far. We're past the point of no return here. Either way you do it it's going to be out of place. And it would kind of ruin the ecchi comedy factor if Issei had sex. No offense to you Osman. You have your views and I respect them. And I might be wrong. Ishibumi may be able to write the perfect sex scene in the last arc that would be perfect. But I doubt it. But that's just my view. Don't let it affect you too much.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 06:38   Link #683
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Magika, HxH and Shinmai are Borderline-H. Not necessarily hentai per say. And the ecchi stuff is part of the plot as much as the action is, believe it or not, since the main character also gains power from it (in all three series - it's just different in each one how it works). And in Shinmai's case, if Mio lost her virginity, she'd also lose the power her father had given her. It was for her to grow into herself and become an adult before doing it. But she also has her own power which isn't a joke either. She's really powerful in her own right even without needing to rely on her father's power. That's why when she find out about this, she says "To hell with it!" and just goes with the sex with Basara in Volume 10.

Kazuki, the main character of Magika, also loves all of the girls in his harem, so even though he does get stronger by doing ecchi things with them, he himself doesn't do it for power. He does it because he loves them and he considers the power-ups as a bonus.

Shinmai and Magika both put the sex towards the end. Both series are ending soon. Ishibumi can do the same thing with DxD, too. We already know Ise has children in the future. Even if he doesn't, I guess it's fine, but then there should be mention in an Epilogue of it having happened. Either by showing newborn Airi and maybe some of Ise's other children or by just mentioning it. Madan also did it towards the end, in Volume 13 (the series will apparently end in Volume 18 or so, and there was more sex in subsequent Volumes with one or two more girls (Madan isn't Borderline-H, though, so it wasn't actually shown)).

Thing with Ishibumi here is that he wants Ise to have sex. It's just that the editor isn't letting him. There were even plenty of chances where it could've happened but didn't. But I still think there could be some implied sex with the current level ecchiness without it seeming out of place. Maybe it's just me. But I'm one of the people who think that in terms of ecchiness and the balance between that and the story and action, Magika is much better than DxD. If you read the whole thing, you'll also realize it.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2017-08-15 at 07:28.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 07:23   Link #684
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

Kazuki, the main character of Shinmai, also loves all of the girls in his harem, so even though he does get stronger by doing ecchi things with them, he himself doesn't do it for power. He does it because he loves them and he considers the power-ups as a bonus.
You got the wrong character for light novel there.
Gaizafaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 07:28   Link #685
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nah, I accidentally typed the wrong novel name. I meant to say Magika there. My bad.
Old 2017-08-15, 07:51   Link #686
Gaizafaiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post

Magika, HxH and Shinmai are Borderline-H. Not necessarily hentai per say. And the ecchi stuff is part of the plot as much as the action is, believe it or not, since the main character also gains power from it (in all three series - it's just different in each one how it works). And in Shinmai's case, if Mio lost her virginity, she'd also lose the power her father had given her. It was for her to grow into herself and become an adult before doing it. But she also has her own power which isn't a joke either. She's really powerful in her own right even without needing to rely on her father's power. That's why when she find out about this, she says "To hell with it!" and just goes with the sex with Basara in Volume 10.

Kazuki, the main character of Magika, also loves all of the girls in his harem, so even though he does get stronger by doing ecchi things with them, he himself doesn't do it for power. He does it because he loves them and he considers the power-ups as a bonus.

Shinmai and Magika both put the sex towards the end. Both series are ending soon. Ishibumi can do the same thing with DxD, too. We already know Ise has children in the future. Even if he doesn't, I guess it's fine, but then there should be mention in an Epilogue of it having happened. Either by showing newborn Airi and maybe some of Ise's other children or by just mentioning it. Madan also did it towards the end, in Volume 13 (the series will apparently end in Volume 18 or so, and there was more sex in subsequent Volumes with one or two more girls (Madan isn't Borderline-H, though, so it wasn't actually shown)).
1 thing that I dislike about Magika and Shinmai is that they need to do ecchi stuffs to the girls to gain more power. Like what kind of logic is that? Example for Magika, I can tolerate what he's doing from Volume 1 to 12 because that's a requirement to gain power but 13? Oh my god the reason he wanted to have sex was because he just felt like it (I could be mistaken so don't be mad) and then we got Shinmai. In Shinmai MC makes a master-servant relationship, if they commit something wrong then they need to be punished. If they just get punished for it I don't mind, but being punished and gets power-up at the same time? What the hell? As for Issei's poking Rias breast then get Balance Breaker that is more towards his emotion but he still needs to train to increase power, extend the time of it and etc. But as for Magika and Shinmai I don't see it. Well in the early volume of Magika he did have problem with it but as you get more and more into it, it's becoming lesser and lesser. Like there's no drawbacks for them. Even now Issei gets power-ups but he still has drawbacks. But I shall say this in terms of ecchiness Magika & Shinmai > DxD but in terms of fighting and shounen DxD > Magika & Shinmai.
Old 2017-08-15, 09:28   Link #687
Lucidrago

I haven't read or watched Magika so I have no opinion of it. I really want to read it. Shinmai Maou is the one I have a problem with. Building up a relationship? That can be anything. From talking to getting to know each other. But no. The only way to build up a relationship is doing hentai-like things. And then no sex because the author put some ridiculous restriction on them from having sex because the girls will lose their powers. Tell me that isn't more of a cockblock than in DxD. Well he needed some reason but seriously? Make all the girls lose their powers if they lose their virginity? I have a problem with that. And in Shinmai Maou how were they getting stronger through 'that'? Like in what way? Their power increased? They gained more aura? It just says they get stronger. With DxD Issei merely uses Rias' breasts as a catalyst to achieve a new form. And that's tied to the Sacred Gears evolving due to the desires and feelings of the possessor and Issei is a pervert who loves breast. But Issei still has to train in those forms and had various drawbacks. Like actually train.

I might go check Magika out and read it. But I feel that I'll regret reading Shinmai Maou. I just might read it for the sake of it although I rather not.
Old 2017-08-15, 11:16   Link #688
Royalknightftw

Woah, this has gone completely out of topic

I am actually quite happy to see Rugal getting some spotlights in this volume. It makes me hope that Ishibumi could dwell deeper about werewolf in latter volumes.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 11:32   Link #689
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Gaizafaiz: You do know that in Magika, there's a war going on currently, right? They found some time to "do it" before it got more dangerous, but it's still a war. Not to mention one that involves the fate of the entire world and Kazuki and the others aren't even sure if they'll be alive the next day (The freaking Ragnarok War)? In that situation, them having sex is completely justified. Wanting to leave behind offspring when you might die soon is normal human nature. It's a survival instinct.

The power-up Kazuki gets is just the ability to use the girls' Diva's magic, depending on the girl's positivity level (he has Solomon's Ring, which lets him see that as a numeric value; he doesn't like seeing it as a number, but there's no helping the fact that it, well, helps). At level 65, he gets the Key to the Heart and the ability to use Level 1 magic from the Diva. There are 10 levels for Summoning Magic in total and he'll be able to use Level 10 magic at positivity level 200. He can temporarily gain the ability to use a girl's Level 10 magic as a one-time thing by kissing her, but he only gets one chance. No matter how many times they kiss again after that, he won't get her Level 10 magic again until her positivity level reaches 200. Positivity level 150 is also special, since it's where the feelings mature and raising it past that point is hard and it's also a slow process.

Anyway, the story is pretty good as well even though most of us might be reading it for the ecchi and the fighting (mostly the ecchi, though. ). I'd say the same for Shinmai.

In Shinmai, the Master-Servant Contract that the demons have increases their aura and fighting power. The reason Basara's one uses an aphrodisiac effect for the backlash when the servant feels guilty is because they used a succubus' power to perform the contract. Succubus are sex demons, right? Makes sense.

Basara is about to have the final fight in Shinmai soon and he needs power from the elements for that. Each girl possesses one element, so he has to have sex with each girl one at a time to get her element and raise his power. He doesn't need Chisato's, so some people are scared that he might not do it with her. But it's still he will. It has to be one at a time because otherwise the elements will interfere with each other and it'll hinder the process. Mio is Fire, so he did it with her first. He needed the fire element first. And she won't actually lose her power, she'll only lose the power her father gave her. The gravity power.

Anyway, let's get back to just DxD now.
Old 2017-08-15, 14:44   Link #690
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Woah, this has gone completely out of topic

I am actually quite happy to see Rugal getting some spotlights in this volume. It makes me hope that Ishibumi could dwell deeper about werewolf in latter volumes.
Well Ishibumi really doesn't go into other species besides devils. Even the vampires barely had anything revealed about them. He might go into Rugal's backstory a bit but going into another species at this point is far-fetched.
Old 2017-08-15, 14:47   Link #691
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Well the fact Elmenhilde needs mech basically [most likely mech body armour or a weapon] to fight him proves his strength so he is stronger than Elmenhilde
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 16:06   Link #692
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Eh? Where was that mentioned? Am I missing something?
Old 2017-08-15, 16:07   Link #693
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

In the spoilers for DX.4. Elmenhilde fights Loup using Gundam.
Old 2017-08-15, 16:32   Link #694
XFire
150% done

So many delicious spoilers.

So hey, was Grayfia confirmed as Issei's queen?
Old 2017-08-15, 16:44   Link #695
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yes she was ages ago when V23 came out
Old 2017-08-15, 17:23   Link #696
Lucidrago

Well Loup was already a combatant and was fighting and gaining valuable combat experience since he was introduced. While this is Elmenhilde's first time fighting(well maybe she fought during the crisis in Romania). So naturally Loup would be stronger than her. Well Elmenhilde's pretty strong herself and I would put her in the upper-tier high-class devil category.
Old 2017-08-15, 17:58   Link #697
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@XFire: Like Bennia Lover said. But it's only for the tournament, so don't get too excited. Ise's actual Queen isn't confirmed yet.

@Bennia Lover: Thanks for the info on the Gundam armor.
Old 2017-08-15, 18:20   Link #698
B214

Well if Ishibumi's DXDU is a thing, maybe he would write a spin-off which would give more focus on the werewolves. I think Ishibumi already prepare the layout anyway.

Volume 11 afterword:
Quote:
Lately I have been imagining of wanting to write a past story of DxD. In other words how Sirzechs rose up to a Maou. He became a Ace of anti-Maou faction. He meets Grayfia. A story that ends in him being a Maou. Maybe [High School DxD volume 0]? It seems like it will become more serious that the [DxD]ish of it will disappear. Well this is me just talking to myself so please don’t take it seriously. And also for the heaven's side----I also thought about a spin off story of an Exorcist. The plot is after the three big powers make an alliance, the Exorcists started to lose their job. Well the fallen-angels and devils who were supposed to be their enemies aren’t their enemies anymore. It’s a story where a former ultimate-class Exorcist gets dispatched to the peaceful Japan and gets himself mixed in a ruckus. Yes. This is all imaginary.
We get an Extra Joker. Even the Millicas spin-off sequel looks possible now with this.

Quote:
“…That child…actually, towards you…Sir…zechs……”
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 20:40   Link #699
Lucidrago

Well if he does make a series with Millicas as the MC, then Sirzechs' story could work as a prequel and end with Millicas being born. Well probably not. But bringing Sirzechs' story up to the present in DxD and ends at him going into the barrier with Trihexa. And some scenes with Sirzechs in the bath with little Rias would be nice.
Old 2017-08-15, 22:06   Link #700
Gaizafaiz

@DragonOsman Yes I do know they are in war right now, but the idea of gaining power doing ecchi stuffs without any backlashes is unnatural. How OP is the character gonna get without hardwork? And don't say he is hardworking on doing ecchi stuff to the girls.

Yup I guess we've been stretching this conversation for far too long if you wanna continue lets do it at discussion about other topic.