AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-06-27, 17:07   Link #661
WingedAccelerator

Anne shouldn't have romantic feelings for Percival at this point and time, yet she does. Why couldn't be her falling for him more of a gradual thing? I'm annoyed at the direction Suzuki is going with this. She also lied to Nasiens, when Nasiens saw Percival feeling her up and that was bound to cause misunderstandings. Looking at the cover, can't wait for Rosebank too for an ever greater Percy harem, when Anne definitely has this in the bag.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-27, 17:49   Link #662
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I like that Anne's magic makes her unable to be a tsundere. I hope it will remain that way even after she masters it.
Old 2023-06-30, 21:09   Link #663
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. She needs to learn to be honest with her feelings, and hopefully her magic will help there. But her falling in love does seem to have been too rushed, like WingedAccelerator says.
Old 2023-07-04, 18:04   Link #664
marvelB

Next chapter's here. So, Tristan has a brief match with Zel's servant (whose name is revealed to be Schwarz), and promptly gets his ass kicked. What's more, Schwarz ridicules him after the match! Meanwhile, Anne recovers from her little mishap from last chapter, but at least gains a better understanding of her evolved magic now.On a related note, she has a rather cute reaction when she finds out Percy was worried about her (though I'm sure WingedAccelerator will get even more annoyed by that, heh ). Also, the gang finally addresses Gawain's absence, though they still don't suspect she was captured yet. With that, the first day's training is over! Just another six days before they face the Behemoth....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-05, 03:04   Link #665
WingedAccelerator

You just know.
Anne's funeral was beautiful. Such a shame Suzuki did her dirty.
Old 2023-07-05, 06:51   Link #666
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Anne being head over heels for Percival doesn't make much sense to me either. She didn't show any signs prior to that.
Old 2023-07-05, 10:54   Link #667
Homura7

Suzuki took his sweet time to develop the relationship of two reincarnated lovers, you can rest assured he won't rush this.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-06, 02:48   Link #668
WingedAccelerator

They had some minor moments, but the transition to this current state is really awkward. Kind of like "Fuck it! She is crushing on him, I don't care!".

Anne's indroductory arc set up the seeds with Percival being "immune" to her magic. Too pure to lie. Man, these Enhancers...
But the "kiss" there was not romantic, and they were just strangers. I'm willing to accept Anne respected him and found him heroic, but definitely wasn't crushing on him from the get go.

When Lancelot saw bride Guinevere, Percival had a dream that implied he was having sex with Anne. So it came from Percival, not from Anne.

At the end of the Liones arc, Anne gave permission for some feeling up, but insisted on how she still doesn't see Percival as a man yet. And her permission was a result of the Isolde incident.

After Jade died, Anne rushed to Percival's arms. Kind of out of character, but it was more due to the shock.

Nothing else comes to my mind. My take is that Suzuki is really afraid of making Anne to fall for him noticeably last. Nasiens is most likely a girl, who loves Percival, and whose transition is more satisfying. Went from guinea pig to clearly not guinea pig. If he plays his cards out before Anne shows real interest, Anne would be reluctant to try anything, even if clearly Percival is the one that decides and he seems to be fond of breasts. So Suzuki is now doubling down with Anne's crush from seemingly nowhere and stalls the Nasiens reveal. May or may not Rosebank too will be added to the mix.
Old 2023-07-11, 17:44   Link #669
marvelB

New chap! It starts off with Schwarz leading a squad to hunt down the Chaos Knights, and a brief scene with Tristan. Shortly afterward, we see the demon realm residents starting to despair as their life force is getting sapped away by the Behemoth.... until they're notified of the return of their savior, Percival.

Speaking of Percy, he's still struggling with his level 2 training with Lancelot. But suddenly, the hopes of the entire demon realm surge into him.... triggering an evolution of his power! Now his mini-Percys can form into a complete clone of him! What's more, said clone takes down level 2 Lancelot in a single blow! However, the clone also makes it clear that the original Percy is still the more powerful one. In fact, the clone refers to himself as "A Piece of Our Great One".....

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm actually pretty glad to see the demons aren't sitting on their butts waiting for Percy's gang to deal with the Chaos Knights (they'll most likely end up fodderized by them anyway, but still). Also, yet another not-so-subtle hint of Nasciens' feelings for Percy.... my, my, Suzuki!
Old 2023-07-11, 17:53   Link #670
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was certainly an interesting development. Given how things were going I thought it was only a matter of time until the mini-Percies rebelled, but they're apparently fiercely loyal to their master.
Old 2023-07-12, 04:38   Link #671
WingedAccelerator

Wonder if this is a one-time thing or a permanent evolution of sorts. Percival got an unfair amount of hope thanks to the place, so I'm leaning towards the former.

The mysterious language also came back. Please, don't be Chaos related.
Old 2023-07-13, 01:46   Link #672
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The Percival of Zur-En-Arrh.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 05:58   Link #673
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The language is Demon Language, no? Let's not forget Percival can speak it.

The Percy clone implied that the real one is a lot more powerful than he thinks. Hopefully he'll learn to use that power well soon.

@Kanon: I also thought they might rebel soon, so this is pleasantly surprising. But if they're really that loyal, are they just tsundere?
Old 2023-07-18, 17:07   Link #674
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mini-Percies cleared level 3 (Pelleguarde) and Percival seems about to clear level 4 (Ironside) thanks to their help, although all they did is awaken a bit more of his potential. Interestingly, the Mini-Percies say it's Percival's duty to strike down his father.
Old 2023-07-18, 17:13   Link #675
marvelB

It's that time! Percy's clone not only cleared Lancelot's level 2 training, he also has no trouble clearing level 3, either.... which is based on Pellegarde! However, it's clearly noted that the Pellegarde from Percy's memories is not as strong as the real deal (though the clone says he's holding back, too). And so, Lance proceeds to the next level.... which is based on IRONSIDE! This time, the real Percy takes him on, but with the help of the clone.... who powers him up by enhancing his senses! He tells his master that he needs to learn how to better control his latent powers, and that he has a duty to punish the REAL Ironside....!!!!

Personally, what I found the most interesting was early in the chapter, when the clone tries to remind Percy of those demon language words. Apparently, our hero forgot them due to too much time passing. It's most likely related to his previous visit to the demon realm, but what if the clone is referring to something else entirely....?
Old 2023-07-20, 09:57   Link #676
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also want to know what exactly it is that the mini-Percies are trying to remind him of.

Percy mastering his power sounds real good. Hopefully it happens soon.
Old 2023-07-25, 16:22   Link #677
marvelB

You know the drill! The story skips ahead to the day of our heroes' departure (apparently, neither Percy or Donnie managed to successfully complete their training, though). They hitch a ride on an Albion (one of the demon golems used during the holy war) to reach the Behemoth. As they make their way towards the beast, they once again bring up Gawain's disappearance..... but ultimately, they're not too worried, since Percy is confident they can save her if she's been captured. However, unbeknownst to our heroes, the Chaos Knights are closely following them. Their mission: To destroy the gate leading to Camelot, then eliminate Percival....!!!!

Not the most eventful of chapters, but there were a few moments I really liked: First, confirmation that Zeldris and Gelda consider Percy to be like a son to them! Next, finding out that the Albions can be controlled like robots (which we never saw in NNT). And lastly, Tristan finally getting fed up with Chion's crap for once and telling him to shut up, lol. Anyway, my prediction is that Percy's gang will ultimately defeat the enemy knights and save Gawain (as well as recover the sword), but Mortlach's team will most likely succeed in destroying the gate, since it still feels a little early for Percy to reach Camelot, IMO. Oh, and I guess that one lady knight who fell for him may end up helping him again.... though she may end up paying for it with her life if she does.
Old 2023-07-25, 17:57   Link #678
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also really liked seeing Tristan tell Chion to shut up. This guy really needs to be taught to keep his negativity in check.

And yeah, good point about it maybe still being too early for Percy and his group to reach Camelot. We'll see, I guess.
Old 2023-07-25, 18:04   Link #679
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder if vampires can't bear children and it's the reason Zeldris and Gelda have none of their own and basically adopted Percival.
Old 2023-07-27, 07:52   Link #680
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's possible. And certainly something I think they should talk about, whether it's true or not.