Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-15, 11:50   Link #41
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Using different text and colors are certainly practical, they serve a purpose in allowing a post to stand out.
I just realized that because some colors are hard to read, they can actually be used as a spoiler tag of sorts while posting in people's profiles.

And yes, I just contradicted my first post with this one.
Old 2008-10-16, 08:47   Link #42
日本ひきこもり協会
awarpsharp is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I just realized that because some colors are hard to read, they can actually be used as a spoiler tag of sorts while posting in people's profiles.

And yes, I just contradicted my first post with this one. :eyespin: :heh:
There's a spoiler tag so why use something that has a similar function besides annoying the reader?

And even if the site mods decide not to disable it on the whole board, you can at least enhance the visible post elements id est you should add the option to disable all kind of color tags. That sounds like a radical solution for this conundrum. (Though I'm still for banning it board-wide because only idiots use it anyways.)
Old 2008-10-16, 12:55   Link #43
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I'm not annoyed by the fonts but more with the size and colors
yellow just hurts my eye but blue is alright
also I hate it when people use a different font and use a different height, I find that a little useless because you can read the text on normal size just fine, with that I mean users who change the height in the entire post and not just one word
Old 2008-10-16, 12:56   Link #44
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 日本ひきこもり協会 View Post
There's a spoiler tag so why use something that has a similar function besides annoying the reader?
Sigh......

Seems like I wasn't clear enough in my post. Here's a little image to better explain my comment above:

In short, the spoiler tag function is disabled in profiles, so the option to hide some of your comments with hard to read colors is certainly there.

And thanks for the insult part, btw. I really feel like taking you more seriously now.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2008-10-16 at 13:07.
Old 2008-10-16, 14:17   Link #45
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I'm not annoyed by the fonts but more with the size and colors
yellow just hurts my eye but blue is alright
also I hate it when people use a different font and use a different height, I find that a little useless because you can read the text on normal size just fine, with that I mean users who change the height in the entire post and not just one word
This is a ridiculous post and is exactly what I wanted to say.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:58   Link #46
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLibri View Post
If it is feasible for them to coexist without sacrificing each interest, isn't it better way than to require patience to one side (whichever)?
Quote:
By contrast, you need just a few clicks and keypresses to shut out the annoying colours and irritating typesettings from your view. Is it so difficult compromise for you?
Quote:
Focus on the proportionate distribution of merits and costs. Ignore-list and userStyle are better options than to disable all fonts for everyone from the perspective of losing interests and necessary expenses.
I've created a thread so that the use of user styles and particularly disabling these fonts etc would be easy but even though I also tried to search for sources to tell me how-to do it and make it work, I still only manged to get animesuki specific setting to work only in Firefox and Opera (Opera's version is actually a little buggy I might add, it won't even show you the entry after you add it). Besides that and the tens of windows and g33k steps you have to go to at the end of the line you still have to presume the person also has Css skills.

I understand your point with userstyles (others have mentioned it too) but it's hardly the 2 clicks away thing it's made out to be. In IE, Safari, Konquerer and others you can't even apply the change without risking screwing every site on the internet, and even if it was possible it's awfully over complicated for the average user.
Old 2008-10-27, 03:11   Link #47
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

I love it when people make such a big deal about irrelevant things. Comic Sans..? So what? Why the hate?

It's readable, and that is all that matters.

Perhaps I should go do some scanlations in comic sans right now.
Old 2008-10-31, 19:37   Link #48
Yuukari
Moe~moe..kyun!

I like the fonts here specially the Times New Roman and Comic Sans MS font. I also like the font colors.
Old 2008-10-31, 20:26   Link #49
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I don't mind Comic Sans fonts at all, it's readable enough.

What I find more annoying is when people post in a color that's hard to see like orange (and it's not for the sake of using the color as improvised spolier tag) or making it too small to read but using "easy to see colors" as an excuse that their post is still readable.

A new member on my friend's board had an introductory post written in this manner.

I know someone on another forum who does this because she thinks it's cool.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-10-31 at 20:39.
Old 2008-10-31, 21:34   Link #50
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Orange? Try limegreen .. I wanted to strangle everyone using it .. I cant, so they just get plenty of overburnt cookies from me.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-11-01, 00:56   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I know someone on another forum who does this because she thinks it's cool.
This would be right on the borderline for me. For one, it's entirely readable without squinting or hurting my eyes, so I guess that passes the test. But on the other hand, there's no point using such a small size for no reason...
Old 2008-11-01, 01:12   Link #52
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Orange? Try limegreen .. I wanted to strangle everyone using it .. I cant, so they just get plenty of overburnt cookies from me.
Agreed on that, it's quite irritating to the eye.
Fortunately, none of the people I regularly talk to here on AS (and on other forums) use that kind of color on writing their posts. >_<

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-01 at 01:33.
Old 2008-11-02, 16:05   Link #53
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Do they really have to be people you have a conversation with for you to see that sort of color?
Old 2008-11-02, 19:55   Link #54
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Cats...you almost killed my eyes.
Old 2008-11-02, 22:21   Link #55
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Do they really have to be people you have a conversation with for you to see that sort of color?
Maybe so, but in fairness that person is new to the forum, and has probably yet to confront other users who hate coloured fonts. ^_^
Old 2008-11-03, 08:13   Link #56
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
To be frank, if I see someone using an odd color like what you've just shown I just move on with life. Sure, I get annoyed for a short moment but there's nothing for me to gain by criticizing how someone make their posts. It's their freedom to do it and it's not my right to stop them from doing it.

Have more fun things to do like watching new anime, than complain that someone posted a hard to read post.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-03 at 09:26.
Old 2008-11-11, 19:24   Link #57
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post
I'm 14, even when I was 13 I used this same font. >>"

Personally, I don't care about what font or color people use. I have pretty good eyesight, so I can read pretty much everything, even if it is fluorescent pink. I'm not going to start saying those colors should be banned, I'm just saying it would be better if people would stop using bright colors. I don't see the problem with, say, red, or green.
Can I request the removal of [size] as well?

Seriously though, with some of the rules set on this board you'd think removing the font BBC wouldn't be such an issue. If anything it'd help to enforce a number of the rules regarding pointless responses. Then again one could argue that now their signatures aren't all "purdy" or whatever...
Old 2008-11-11, 19:34   Link #58
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Actually, the settings for signatures and posts can be set separately (unless I'm mistaken).
Old 2008-11-30, 13:05   Link #59
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Jesus Fucking Christ.

I can't even believe they even took the time to actually do that (one letter at a time, too!).

(Well, fairly enough, there could be some sort of script that helps you do that, but I allow me to doubt its usage in these situations).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2008-11-30, 13:13   Link #60
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yes there is a script that helps you do that.