Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-21, 16:18   Link #41
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlo View Post
James - that made me lol XD

Hmm.. is there any proof that Zetsu is from Kusagakure? Just because he looks like some plant doesn't really mean he is from Kusa... I mean, shinobi from Konoha don't use 'leaf attacks', do they?
I though they showed a picture of him with a Kusagakure "forehead protector" once, but I couldn't find a picture to confirm that, so I don't know for sure.

All of the information I can find about Zetsu seems to indicate that he is from this village but, again, without any confirmation from the manga, I'm not so sure this isn't just fan assumption.

I swear though, I saw a picture of him with a Kusagakure "forehead protector" once...
Old 2008-04-05, 11:29   Link #42
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

So I'm reviving this thread because of new information, which has come to light in the recent chapter.

Tobi asked Zetsu if he had recorded the entire thing. He then said that he would enjoy the viewing at a later time. What sort of power is this, then, that allows him to not only record the fights, but play them back for others to see? He certainly wasn't standing there with a video camera.

It was made relatively clear, or so I thought, that this was an ability of his "dark" half. I'm just wondering what people think as to how he performs this technique, as well as how he allows others to view what has been "recorded." Do you think it falls along the idea of him taking others into his mind to view what he's seen? Perhaps he can iterate what he's seen so well that it's similar to "watching" what happened? Or perhaps he's part video projector, and can cast light from inside his body, across his memories, and display them externally. I find the last possibility unlikely and ridiculous but, if I've learned anything from reading this story, it is to not count out any possibility.

Sorry for the double post, but in an attempt to revive the thread, I thought a totally new post would be pertinent, so as to bring new thoughts to the discussion through visual reminder that this thread actually existed.
Old 2008-04-05, 11:40   Link #43
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

you are wrong, he just used his cellphone to record the fight
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:20   Link #44
james0246

I imagine that Zetsu has an abilty to prolect his fight ala a film. Specifically, I imagine he "enters" into a flat surface, such as a wall, and then uses his chakar etc. to project images of events. Ovbiously I do not know who he does this, but it might have something to do with his split personality. In some cases of mental problem, symptoms similiar to autism or memory enhancement or loss can occur, so the black half of Zetsu may have something similiar to a perfect memory, whihc would deffinetly allow him to "record" a fight.

I guess recording the fight is eaiser or at least more believable to explain than the mechanism needed to display said recording. Hopefully we will find out more information soon.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 12:56   Link #45
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

I think he simply records chakra signal from his eyes somehow, with genjutsu-related techniques, then Madara can replay them through genjutsu, like when Sasuke showed Kabuto what happened to Oro or when Itachi showed Sasuke what Madara had supposedly shown him before.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 13:14   Link #46
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Didn't you see any of the Sasuke Vs Itachi fight? Zetsu was clearly wearing an oversized cowboy hat with a camera in it!
Old 2008-04-05, 13:26   Link #47
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
Didn't you see any of the Sasuke Vs Itachi fight? Zetsu was clearly wearing an oversized cowboy hat with a camera in it!
I remember the hat, as well as the microphone (which you forgot), but not the camera. I guess I need to go back and re-read those chapters.
Old 2008-04-05, 15:01   Link #48
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

By microphone I'm assuming you mean the boomstick that Zetsu was awkwardly holding while trying to balance the videocamera/hat and record the fight (atrocious display of genjutsu). BTW, how would Zetsu go about recording fights, and the likes? Would he really use some sort of chakra projection jutsu?
Old 2008-04-05, 19:14   Link #49
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
By microphone I'm assuming you mean the boomstick that Zetsu was awkwardly holding while trying to balance the videocamera/hat and record the fight (atrocious display of genjutsu). BTW, how would Zetsu go about recording fights, and the likes? Would he really use some sort of chakra projection jutsu?
What if Madara can look into people's memories and Zetsu has a por- I mean photographic memory?
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 19:48   Link #50
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
What if Madara can look into people's memories and Zetsu has a por- I mean photographic memory?
most logical explanation so far
but i think normally photo graphic memory does not remember events but still pictures, so maybe madara will see it as a slide show

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 20:06   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
most logical explanation so far
but i think normally photo graphic memory does not remember events but still pictures, so maybe madara will see it as a slide show
LOL, zetsu's clip show presentation.

Here is the Genjutsu portion of the show.

Zetsu: Slide1 - this shows Itachi starring at Sasuke. Notice the intent in his eyes, that must be becuase he wants Sasuke's eyes.
Zetsu: Slide2 - This shows Sasuke starring at Sasuke. Notice Sasuke's posture, it just screams "I'm going to kill you".
Zetsu: Slide3 - this shows Itachi starring at Sasuke. This shot is great, see how Itachi stares at Sasuke, just riveting.
Zetsu: Slide4 - This shows Sasuke starring at Sasuke. Oh I almost cried when I say took this shot, some much pain all in a simple stare, so sad.
Zetsu: Slide5 - this shows Itachi starring at Sasuke. This is when they really got serious.

Madara: When do they start to fight.

Zetsu: They already have, can't you tell.

In all seriousness, I hope that Zetsu can project the fight out of his mouth or something like a genjutsu. I am honestly still not convinced that the Sharingan can read memories, and Madara asking for a recording justifies my stance.
Old 2008-04-05, 23:19   Link #52
Lendial

LOL ~

ahem as for the topic:
he isnt as much a freak as people might think, wasnt there a sound4 that had a second person growing out of his neck? a split personality looks normal compared to that previously mentioned.

as for combat power i dont thin he is anything special, shounen rule would indicate he is strong because hes lasted so long but somehow...
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 03:47   Link #53
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
LOL ~

ahem as for the topic:
he isnt as much a freak as people might think, wasnt there a sound4 that had a second person growing out of his neck? a split personality looks normal compared to that previously mentioned.

as for combat power i dont thin he is anything special, shounen rule would indicate he is strong because hes lasted so long but somehow...
Not combat powerful? All he needs to do is come out the ground and eat somebody
Old 2008-04-06, 03:58   Link #54
Rahan

Maybe the Akatsuki holograms we saw earlier in the manga were his doing.
Maybe he is the one who made the rings to allow Akatsuki to chitchat. (we have still to find a signifcation to the rings, right ?)

The first time we saw the holograms was just after Zetsu was first shown.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 04:01   Link #55
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

How can a plant be so mysterious? Just what is Zetsu hiding in his...urm...leaves?
Old 2008-04-06, 05:51   Link #56
YagamiLight

I think Zetsu is more of a video recorder -.-
YagamiLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:40   Link #57
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

I would put spoiler tags around that if I were you...

*note {Spoiler leads to ban}
Old 2008-04-07, 13:05   Link #58
ragnos007

The 2 sides of Zetsu is kinda weird. The Black half seems to know a shit load more a bout stuff then the white side. He has he as a bigger attention to detail aswell. The fight with sasuke and itachi for eg. The black half noticed that itachi could have dodged many attacks and he seemed to ahve a fair bit of knowledge about the sword and shield of susanoo that itachi acquired.
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 18:29   Link #59
malvado

I believe the person he eats becomes a part of him. He ate a dumass who doesnt know shit. Or maybe he is the dumass and ate a smart guy.

KONOHA Kuroi no Yarou
malvado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 14:10   Link #60
Last of the Uchihas

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvado View Post
I believe the person he eats becomes a part of him. He ate a dumass who doesnt know shit. Or maybe he is the dumass and ate a smart guy.
lol, that was funny. Hope the black part eat Naruto.
Last of the Uchihas is offline   Reply With Quote