*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
omg...ppl really hate me..O.O
Old 2003-12-30, 23:34   Link #42
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by *aznplayboi*
i think on the rep when they say something...there should be there sn....so at least can comeback at them ^^
I think if everyone could see who gave them what reputation this could result in some sort of reputation-war.
Old 2003-12-31, 01:13   Link #43
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think if everyone could see who gave them what reputation this could result in some sort of reputation-war.
ya i knew that...but it is kinda annoying seeing those remarks and not knowing who they are isnt it?
Old 2003-12-31, 01:29   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Anonymity is better. People will get mad if they know who dissed them. Then flames follow. It would be bad.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2003-12-31, 01:53   Link #45
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I didn't even get a remark...just a no-comment by some anonymous person

Though definitely I can see the possibilties of a flame war
Old 2003-12-31, 03:49   Link #46
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
I didn't even get a remark...just a no-comment by some anonymous person
Maybe there wasn't much to say?
I (for example) sometimes skip the comment, if it is obvious, what was wrong with the post (in case of a negative comment), or why it was a good one (in case of a positive).
Old 2004-02-26, 23:27   Link #47
AnimeFangirl

I like this reputation system. Except for the boring 3-way system: "X is an unknown quantity," "X can only hope to improve," and "X is on a distinguished road at the moment." It's so dry and boring. -__-. Btw, how does The Small One know so much about the reputations? Is it in a faq somewhere or something?
Old 2004-02-27, 00:03   Link #48
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
I like this reputation system. Except for the boring 3-way system: "X is an unknown quantity," "X can only hope to improve," and "X is on a distinguished road at the moment." It's so dry and boring. -__-. Btw, how does The Small One know so much about the reputations? Is it in a faq somewhere or something?
I think the whole system is somewhat useless. But I'm hoping that if I lower my rep even further I'll see another super cool rep title ^_^
Old 2004-02-27, 00:13   Link #49
eLstar
(^_^)v

Honestly, I can't even find mine despite what you guys say. I don't see it anywhere on my Usercp
Old 2004-02-27, 00:14   Link #50
AnimeFangirl

Agreed, it serves no practical purpose. But I like it because it's different. I haven't been to any other forum with that kind of thing before. Also it's very uselessness makes it nice and harmless - you're not gonna get banned for a bad rep, you're not going to get rewarded for a good rep, it's all in good fun.
Old 2004-02-27, 00:54   Link #51
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Honestly, I can't even find mine despite what you guys say. I don't see it anywhere on my Usercp
User CP It should be there..right under the subscribed threads....unless no one had given you any rep?
Old 2004-02-27, 01:48   Link #52
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
User CP It should be there..right under the subscribed threads....unless no one had given you any rep?
Yeh one thing to remember, if you didn't get any reputation points you won't see your reputation, that's why you still can't see it, i guess...
Old 2004-02-27, 04:42   Link #53
SirJeannot
AT Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
Yeh one thing to remember, if you didn't get any reputation points you won't see your reputation, that's why you still can't see it, i guess...
indeed

it didn't show up until i got some
Old 2004-02-27, 19:50   Link #54
eLstar
(^_^)v

I found it. Silly me, I didn't realize I didn't enable it.

Old 2004-03-01, 14:36   Link #55
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Agreed, it serves no practical purpose. But I like it because it's different. I haven't been to any other forum with that kind of thing before. Also it's very uselessness makes it nice and harmless - you're not gonna get banned for a bad rep, you're not going to get rewarded for a good rep, it's all in good fun.
but it does though. you (well... someone who uses your name, if not you) rated me, and alerted me of questionable material i was not already aware of.

there is some kind of puropse to rating.
Old 2004-03-01, 14:42   Link #56
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
there is some kind of puropse to rating.
Really? I get minuses for the most retarded reasons ever. Apparently this is a "Sick rant"

Last time I checked, you need to have atleast more then 3 lines for it to qualify as a rant. Then you need atleast some sick/questionable content for it to be sick. I wrote three lines that were true and I get accused of writing another sick rant.

The Rating system is nothing more then a cheap little novelty to play with. It serves no purpose except deciding the colour of a tiny little square next to your avatar.
Old 2004-03-01, 14:44   Link #57
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Really? I get minuses for the most retarded reasons ever. Apparently this is a "Sick rant"

Last time I checked, you need to have atleast more then 3 lines for it to qualify as a rant. Then you need atleast some sick/questionable content for it to be sick. I wrote three lines that were true and I get accused of writing another sick rant.

The Rating system is nothing more then a cheap little novelty to play with. It serves no purpose except deciding the colour of a tiny little square next to your avatar.
I dont think it serves a point, i think it is funny.

if rating things actually had an effect (like banning and stuff) most of the browsers of the naruto forum would be banned (for being Disapproved too much) because there is a flame war somewhere in about every thread.
Old 2004-03-01, 15:07   Link #58
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Except for the boring 3-way system: "X is an unknown quantity," "X can only hope to improve," and "X is on a distinguished road at the moment." It's so dry and boring. -__-.
I agree. I would like to see "Custom Reputation levels." Maybe "X is kinder than Gandhi ." or "X makes Vicious look like a naughty schoolgirl in comparison." (or insert other anime villain's name in place of Vicious.)
Old 2004-03-01, 15:08   Link #59
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

In my opinion, i like the reputation system...as stated before it's suppossed to rate a person's post by the quality and the information provided in it...the only thing that makes it bad is that people don't know how to use it properly and/or just abuse it by giving people neg rep points for whatever reason they have (whether it be they just didn't like the post or if they just don't like the person) If people were more mature and they had at least practical knowledge of how to use it it'd be more useful then just determining the color of the box. I've gotten a few neg rep points also...one for a joke that apparently someone misunderstood...and another for absolutely no reason at all and right now the only reason i haven't turned off mine is cause i still like seeing feedback on some of my posts whether it good or bad...but if i see that people are still acting childish and just giving neg rep points for nothing i'm just gonna turn it off.

btw...if your gonna give a negative or positive rep point at least leave a comment...i'm tired of getting points and in the comment area it's just blank

edit: /me waits for the black square. guess someone didn't like my post -_-

Last edited by Superchop; 2004-03-01 at 22:11.
Old 2004-03-01, 19:55   Link #60
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i know green is positive, and red is negative, but wat are the white ones?
Closed Thread