AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-07, 17:05   Link #41
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
Muslims respond with violence. Typical.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:33   Link #42
Hiko Seijuro
Rurouni

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupo!
You statement is extremely illogical.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:34   Link #43
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I was thinking along similar lines, but more like this: the highly "responsible" not-exactly-religious people (if a person has a sacred something for himself, he should be aware of not attacking others' sacred values), knowing the result of the process and the radical Islamic groups taking advantage of that behid the free-speech mask attack-to-Islam, wanted to illustrate that Islam supports terrorism with the cartoons.

To me using Islam to kill people is no different than using the radical's view of Islam as representing Islam. Europe showed that "even you limit displaying our views on Jews using anti-Semitism laws, we can replace that with anti-Islam any moment". The same old Europe.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:43   Link #44
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

The original cartoons in question were absolutely lame, there really must be something wrong in your head to be offended by them
But the Muslim reaction to them is definitely way past insane already. with this sick crap they're doing, they just prove the cartoons to be true, every last bit of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
meh, look at Syria and Lebanon. Two Danish embasies had been burned, what next? Beheading videos of the ones responsible? Sorry but muslims take this matter way TOO seriously. If it's a protest, then fine, they had right for it. But threatening and burning flags and embasies? No wonder the world regards them as barbaric. Fact.
How very true. Their reaction is way off scale.
Actually, they don't even have the tiniest right to be offended by them, as they were a great deal tamer than the stuff the muslims did all the time before, especially against Jews

Here's a very fitting cartoon I've found on another forum about this: (click for full pic)

Oh, and here's a nice do-it-yourself cartoon from some newspaper (click for full pic)
Old 2006-02-07, 17:43   Link #45
Hiko Seijuro
Rurouni

Send a message via MSN to Hiko Seijuro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I was thinking along similar lines, but more like this: the highly "responsible" not-exactly-religious people (if a person has a sacred something for himself, he should be aware of not attacking others' sacred values), knowing the result of the process and the radical Islamic groups taking advantage of that behid the free-speech mask attack-to-Islam, wanted to illustrate that Islam supports terrorism with the cartoons.

To me using Islam to kill people is no different than using the radical's view of Islam as representing Islam. Europe showed that "even you limit displaying our views on Jews using anti-Semitism laws, we can replace that with anti-Islam any moment". The same old Europe.
Radicals do not represent Islam the religion, they never have, many poeple are mistaken to believe this, they do not have a cause. There is a limit on free speech, when morals are breached. The bad taste in this particular cartoon is just one illustration.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:49   Link #46
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
The original cartoons in question were absolutely lame, there really must be something wrong in your head to be offended by them
Actually I consider a Muslim, who does not get offended with the illustration of their Prophet as some kind of head-of-terrorist, as having something wrong with his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro
Radicals do not represent Islam the religion...
I also believe that way. As these people have something wrong with their heads, the other side of people who use that view to represent Islam just-to-attack Islam also have similar kind of problem with their heads. Although the way to express that problematic behaviour is different, the way to begin is not.

A note to some people who use free of speech as an excuse to attack other's religious beliefs:

A decision from European Court of Human Rights: - just a translation - "The articles, cartoons, or movies that outrages people's religious beliefs cannot be considered as part of freedom-of-speech."

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2006-02-07 at 17:59.
Old 2006-02-07, 17:49   Link #47
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
prophet and or messengers shouldnt be insulted in anyway and am a muslim and I know that, and that was lot of over reacting on such a thing but what that newspaper did is wrong, our news paper may insult anyone yes same as any other newspapers but it doesn't insult a prophet or a messenger.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:33   Link #48
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Send a message via AIM to Kupo! Send a message via MSN to Kupo! Send a message via Yahoo to Kupo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiko Seijuro
You statement is extremely illogical.
And why is that? Radical Muslims see a cartoon stereotyping them with bombs, get angered by the stereotype, then respond by killing people.... with bombs.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:41   Link #49
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Really was their really any point in using our prophet in the Cartoons, i mean what did he do to you, not only that you guys have never seen him, or anything. What did they gain out of this? They got rioting, for their own damn mistake.

Make a cartoon crap on Bin laden, or Saddam, which they have plenty of, which i see Muslims enjoying it, and i personnaly dont mind, but they used our holy prophet in a negative way.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:43   Link #50
Kupo!
Shane-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
Really was their really any point in using our prophet in the Cartoons, i mean what did he do to you, not only that you guys have never seen him, or anything.

Make a cartoon crap on Bin laden, or Saddam, which they have plenty of, which i see Muslims enjoying it, and i personnaly dont mind, but they used our holy prophet in a negative way.
Yeah, I am aware that it is against your religion to show an image of Muhammad. But no need to kill people over it
Old 2006-02-07, 18:47   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lina Inverse
But the Muslim reaction to them is definitely way past insane already. with this sick crap they're doing, they just prove the cartoons to be true, every last bit of them.
I think this comment shows why West and Muslin can't seem to get along. It isn't the cartoon's content that is the problems it is the Cartoons themselves. It is the fact that there are cartoons at all depicting the Prophet. Which is against islamic law. And Religion is a VERY big thing in these countires. Which the editors in Europe and some posters here seem not to understand.

Quote:
How very true. Their reaction is way off scale.
Actually, they don't even have the tiniest right to be offended by them, as they were a great deal tamer than the stuff the muslims did all the time before, especially against Jews
However I do agree that the reaction going overboard and is doing more harm to the Islam's image.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:53   Link #52
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Yeah, I am aware that it is against your religion to show an image of Muhammad. But no need to kill people over it
You should be also aware that Prophet Mohammed had been depicted many times but these kinds of things had never happened before.

I hope that you can be able to see the difference between those two cases. If you cannot, you can council with a Christian religious leader and receive his opinions on the subject like why this kind of publishing is highly irresponsible and inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
It isn't the cartoon's content that is the problems it is the Cartoons themselves. It is the fact that there are cartoons at all depicting the Prophet.
I guess you are making a mistake here. Depicting just the prophet is "very" different than depicting him as a terrorist.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:54   Link #53
Kupo!
Shane-kun

I found it funny. But that's just me.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:59   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I found it funny. But that's just me.
I believe there were many Jewish related cartoons during the WW2 in Germany. I am sure many people there also found those cartoons very funny. It doesn't change the fact that these kind of things have been irresponsible and inappropriate.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:59   Link #55
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
And Religion is a VERY big thing in these countires. Which the editors in Europe and some posters here seem not to understand.
Also that, the religion islam we practice, is very strict. Do some research and see the consequences we believe in that can happen if you are practicing the relgion and then go against it.
Old 2006-02-07, 19:12   Link #56
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Also that, the religion islam we practice, is very strict. Do some research and see the consequences we believe in that can happen if you are practicing the relgion and then go against it.
Funny thing is I am a atheist and I seem to have more respect for religion then some of the more religious incline base on the comments posted on other sites
Old 2006-02-07, 19:16   Link #57
Kupo!
Shane-kun

I'm sure Jesus has been depicted in a negative way before too. But do Christians go kill people over it?

By the way, I'm Atheist, not Christian.
Old 2006-02-07, 19:23   Link #58
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Religion is only a meme in which people hide their insecurities behind.

It is also not an answer for the truth.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-02-07, 19:40   Link #59
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
A religion that approves of the killing of innocents and promises 72 of the purest virgins for suicide bombers is just bizarre to me. You're apparently going to be rewarded for implementing acts of evil?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2006-02-07, 19:42   Link #60
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Depends on your definition of evil - consider how much stuff in the bible advocates killing people who offend your god, your children who disrespect you, and people who wear more than two different types of fabric. It's OK then, cause it's in the bible. Every Middle Eastern religion has allowances for killing infidels written in to it's holy texts, and these people are exploiting it.
Closed Thread