Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 04:42   Link #41
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Instead of attempting a pathetic comback you could try going over your mistake. I just proved you wrong son. TRY AGAIN!!
ye shuriken wonthat round ontop of which i think naruto would blow up
if he took in more then 50%
ofkuubies chakra
gothlink666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:03   Link #42
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarl
Spoiler:

i would say CS2 and the full sharingan is equal to kyubi charka. i say it would be an interesting fight between neji and sasuke. it wouldnt solve which bloodlimit is better but who has the better mastery over it will come out on top.

after 3 yrs naruto should be no a lvl where this isnt any opponietn that isnt to much for him
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:05   Link #43
Ponko

I have to agree with ShurikenJay as well. Curse Seal Level 2 Sasuke is obviously strong, but to say he would trash Gaara is ridiculous. As Jay pointed out, Gaara is fighting a hell of a lot smarter now. Instead of relying on just his shield and then jumping into tanuki mode, he's taking advantage of the versatility of his powers. What on earth would Sasuke do against most of the attacks Gaara used against Kimimaro? Kimimaro only survived because of his own defense, so unless Sasuke has some new powers we do not know about, Sasuke would have been screwed.

Not to mention that Gaara has been dealing with attacks from advanced ninja all his life. Unless the Kazekage only sent Genin and Chuunin after Gaara when he was trying to kill him. I don't know about anyone here, but if I found midlevel ninja were not able to defeat Gaara, I might try some Jounin. So I think that it is not farfetched to assume Gaara has fought Jounin before. He is not just another low level ninja that Sasuke's curse seal would allow him to overwhelm.

As for the topic at hand, I honestly do not know who I think would win between Neji and Curse Seal Level 2 Sasuke. Sasuke obviously has the speed advantage and the ability to read moves, but Neji clearly knows how to deal with speedy people even if he is not that fast himself, and the Byakugan's extended vision gives him his own type of insight. It could be a long fight. I do think that Neji has an advantage because he can block moves while Sasuke would risk Neji just closing his chakra holes without him knowing, but I am not sure it would give him enough of an edge to win.

I was hoping Kimimaro would live. I wanted to see him fight both Sasuke and Neji, especially since as someone else mentioned Neji might actually have an advantage while fighting Kimi. Plus then we could know who is stronger between Sasuke and Kimimaro.
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 09:35   Link #44
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Yes, Gaara is certainly a formidable opponent and as Lee pointed out in their fight, he has gotten better. Actually in this whole arc I'd say Gaara looked the most impressive, I mean quick sand, using special minerals, revealing his absolute defense which took out Kimimaro's ultimate offensive move? Gaara was on on fire! Kimimaro would be an interesting opponent to see in the future, but it seems clear the entire Sound 5 died in combat (unless Kabuto came and fixed some of them up, we could only hope for Kimimaro's sake). If he'd fought Neji I think Neji would have the advantage, unless Kimimaro's bone masks work like that golden skin, then Neji would be in trouble. I don't know who has more raw strength but Kimimaro clearly has an advantage in the bloodline department against Sasuke. Sasuke's only chance would be to break through his "indestructable" bones with Chidori which is said to be able to cut through anything. But he'd need to be able to keep Kimimaro still long enough to land a shot. Without chidori Sasuke doesn't stand a chance. Kimimaro has all those 5 dances aswell as being an overwhelming opponent in both long range and close combat, Sasuke would need to use the complete sharingan just to stay alive.
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 11:53   Link #45
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
As for Sasuke, with his mastered sharingan I bet he could dodge Gaara's sand attacks and Kimi's bones. Offensivelly, chidori wouldn't have much effect on Kimi unless Sasuke used it to cut off Kimi's head, but that would be too dangerous for Sasuke. The best attack against Kimi would be a powerfull katon. Chidori would work against Gaara since he can pierce the sand shield with it. However, if he tried it against the shield of Shukaku he'd probably end up with an arm stuck half way up that thing. But why would Sasuke run into an oversized pillsbury doughboy with chidori in the first place? It doesn't look like that thing can even move...
Well before that, Gaara launched a 200 foot wave of sand that barried Kimi..

If the same thing happened to Sasuke, he would die. I think Gaara even did the "crushing" thing with the sand too.

Sasuke stands no chance verse Gaara... nor do most genin. Gaara has improved ALOT since his last fight... I think Naruto may still be able to defeat him though.

Quote:
Kimimaro would be an interesting opponent to see in the future, but it seems clear the entire Sound 5 died in combat (unless Kabuto came and fixed some of them up, we could only hope for Kimimaro's sake).
Kimi is dead.. and Kabuto cannot bring him back. Kimi died because of an illness, which could not be cured by Kabuto. If it could have, Oro would not want Sasuke's body and would have just used Kimi's. This is all in the manga if you want to refer to it.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 12:17   Link #46
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-12, 12:50   Link #47
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
Nooooooooo! Sasuke pwns!!!

Even if Gaara crushed Kimi so many times, Kimi still survived. Gaara's attacks had no effect on Kimi other than temporarily hurting him. Basically, Kimi couldn't get through Gaara's defence but Gaara's attacks weren't capable of killing Kimi anyway. Remember, Kimi died from his illness, not his wounds. So: Gaara > Kimi but Gaara vs CS2 Kimi =? In the end Gaara aknowledged that Kimi might have killed them both if he hadn't given into his sickness during the fight.
Yes Kimimaro could have defeated Gaara his bones were virtually indestructable but he died of his illness. Sasuke on the other hand would not stand a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Kimi is dead.. and Kabuto cannot bring him back. Kimi died because of an illness, which could not be cured by Kabuto. If it could have, Oro would not want Sasuke's body and would have just used Kimi's. This is all in the manga if you want to refer to it.
Yes I know all the Sound 5 are dead that was just wishful thinking. Although Kimimaro was only about as clearly dead as Chouji as far as we could tell he was terminally ill, and we know that as a villain he isn't going to be cut the same break. Thats too bad because we'll never see his style of fighting again, I'm going to savor that battle when the anime reaches it.
Old 2004-11-12, 13:30   Link #48
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I would like to see Gaara fight in a desert.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 13:50   Link #49
wb_hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
I would like to see Gaara fight in a desert.

if that was to happen i dont think even naruto could beat him.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:25   Link #50
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol//Aris
I really hope that Sasuke eventually gets rid of the cursed seal. It throws all comparisons completely off balance. I mean, Lee opens the gates, Naruto has the Kyuubi, Gaara has Shukaku, Neji has the buyakugan and Sasuke has the sharingan. This is how it should be.

They way things are, every genin that wants more power might as well go to Oro and say "Hey give me one too, me too!"

Lee: Screw this hard work bullshit Gai! I'm going to get a seal like Sasuke! Sakura likes guys with seals!
Naruto: Hey Hinata, this will be my second tatoo! Where should I get it done?
Hinata: Get Oro to do it on your ass! It'll look sexay!
Kiba: Oro sensei! I want the earth seal!
Neji: Oro sensei! I want the heaven seal!
Gaara: Oro sensei! I want the fluffy seal of compassion!
Sasuke: GIVE ME POWER!!!
Itachi: Should I get a seal too?

omg...
[/rant]
Oro says that the chances of surviving the initial infection are about 1 in 10... so I doubt many people will just risk their lives like that
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 15:34   Link #51
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
neji would pwn cs1 sasuke... cs1 sasuke was weaker than cs1 of the sound 4 (manga where sasukek goes cs1 and then gets smack to the floor by the cs1 sound 4s)
lol there wasn't any fight, Sakon just pushed Sasuke back using his cursed seal lvl 1 and that's all.

Quote:
lets assume sound4 n sasuke all in cs1 state:

fatguy n flute girl would be the weaker of the 4, sasuke would probably rank around that level, then u get the spider guy (his smartness gives him bonus to being better) last you get the 2 headed guy

i am sure neji would be able to pwn fatguy n flute girl (assuming his eyes make him immue to genjutsu)
How Neji's eyes are supposed to immunize his ears against Genjutsu?
And Neji wasn't able to get out the Doton prison of Jiroubou, his soft style is the deadliest one against human but hasn't the destructive power of Chouji jutsu which was needed to get out of there.
The Jyuken was simply useless in a place absorbing chakra.

Quote:
He had trouble pwning spiderman.. but he still won.
Neji was impressive enough to lead the fight to a draw by outsmarting his opponent whereas as he admitted himself he was completely overpowered.
Contrary to what you said, if Neji was able to fight equally Kidoumaru when he wasn't using his curse seal he was completely crushed when Kidoumaru started to use his CS lvl 1.
As a matter of fact the spider dude started to use the CS lvl 2 because he had enough fun with this fight.

Against Sakon/Ukon, it's difficult to say. The fact that he has the Byakugan would make it easier to see that there was 2 bodies into Sakon and thus to react to it, but as a Taijutsu fighter he has to get close to them and they could enter inside his body easily.
So here's the point : if Neji is able to strike them inside his own body without hurting himself thanks to the Jyuken then I think he has a pretty good chance to be able to beat them.

Quote:
anyways getting back to the point... neji is superior to sasuke if it were down to a clean fight (no gay ass cs)[/spoiler]
Neji's fast and he has some insane reflexes coupled with the Byakugan but Sasuke who doesn't only see the moves but predict them in advance would always have the edge.
Now that Sasuke has a full Sharingan and can predict completely his moves and given that he even faster than him, the last ace of Neji is the Kaiten.

A match between Neji and Sasuke would be awesome, a match between them with Sasuke using his curse seal lvl 1 would still be great but I think Sasuke would have already the advantage.
With the curse seal lvl 2 it would be a slaughter.

But the principal reason why Neji will never be able to beat Sasuke if they ever fight is the storyline.
It's too late for Neji to beat Sasuke now, only Naruto will be able to do that.
If in the future Neji and Sasuke fight, the greatly improved strength of Neji will only be used to show off Sasuke's improvements before a new combat with Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Yes Kimimaro could have defeated Gaara his bones were virtually indestructable but he died of his illness. Sasuke on the other hand would not stand a chance.
A Chidori through a vital spot like head neck or heart and the fight is over for Kimimaro as well.
But like always it's just a matter of storyline, if Kishimoto wouldn't have wanted to show Sasuke killing someone then he would have had a lot if troubles against Kimimaro.
But in the end he would have won for the same reason than Gaara : time was playing for him because Kimimaro was a walking corpse.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 16:35   Link #52
DangerousOne

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Neji vs Sasuke CS1 back in the forest. Neji saw Sasuke's power...he wasnt that scared about it. Sasuke back then didnt even have Lee's speed, simple Kaiten and 64 hands of hakke would have finished him.
DangerousOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 19:58   Link #53
UserName

Quote:
Spoiler:

Curse Seal Level 2 Sasuke will be instantly crushed by Gaara... without Shukauk. If Sasuke were to fight Gaara, Gaara would only have to do 1 jutsu. THe only thing that allowed Kimi to survive(yet still be damaged quite a bit while Gaara didnt' suffer any damage) was his body. Sasuke doesn't have that. Gaara' jutsu are basically instant kill, and they are also instant speed. Sasuke won't be able to see them coming if he did, he still cnat jump out of the way of a tsunami or sand or fly off the ground thats swallowing hiim.(Unless he CAN fly.... which we don't know...).

Anyways back on topic. Neji should be able to beat Sasuke without curse seal. THey both can read moves, they both are fast. Sasuke can run fast, but Neji's movements (such as wehn striking) is amazingly fast. Sasuke will have to go close range against neji, the only long range jutsu he knows is katon, and that can be dodged since it seems whenever he does it, team 7 seems to know what he's going to do. In Close range, without a doubt, Neji is better. So I'd say Neji.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:18   Link #54
lotus_lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
But the principal reason why Neji will never be able to beat Sasuke if they ever fight is the storyline.
It's too late for Neji to beat Sasuke now, only Naruto will be able to do that.
If in the future Neji and Sasuke fight, the greatly improved strength of Neji will only be used to show off Sasuke's improvements before a new combat with Naruto.
Yea, I definitely agree with that. We have seen Sasuke go to CS1, get the Chidori, achieve the Lv3 Sharingan and now go to CS2 with some chicken wings. With Neji.....nothing much really. It was inevitable that Sasuke had to get stronger so that he could beat Naruto and run off to Orochimaru. I wished they had done more with Neji though. I certainly hope he hasn't reached his limits and that there is more to come from him. From now onwards, I think there's no way Neji can beat Sasuke and the only guy who can now is Naruto and Gaara. Oh, wouldn't it be great to see Naruto team up with Gaara, Neji and Rock Lee against Sasuke and Kabuto. Now, that would be a very interesting fight!

And btw, to who ever made the comment about the CS2 and Lv3 Sharingan being of Hokage level, I doubt that is so. It's more like Jounin/Sannin level because even Orochimaru or Jiraiya can beat a CS2 and Lv3 Sharingan Sasuke. Also, the same with a Kyuubi berserk Naruto, he would probably only be Jounin/Sannin level as well. There's a LONG WAY before Sasuke and Naruto can be seen as really powerful. At the moment, they are just simply 'genius' Genin with a 'bit extra'. Many higher-Jounin (like Kakashi, Gai, Ebisu<---yes! even him!) would still beat them easily.

Finally, would people stop using silly 'if A>B and B>C, then A>C' logic? It never really does apply in the Naruto world.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:31   Link #55
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Well before that, Gaara launched a 200 foot wave of sand that barried Kimi..

If the same thing happened to Sasuke, he would die. I think Gaara even did the "crushing" thing with the sand too.

Sasuke stands no chance verse Gaara... nor do most genin. Gaara has improved ALOT since his last fight... I think Naruto may still be able to defeat him though.

Umm... It's just sand. Remember how fast Sasuke was in the forest when he first used CSL1? CSL2 no doubt would have increased his speed (even if the 3-5 pages of Sasuke using Chidori didn't show it...). I know this is just an assumption, but Sasuke's normal sharingan speed is around Rock Lee with weights on. CSL2? At least Rock Lee without weights is what I'm thinking. This would mean being able to penetrate Gaara's sand defense.

As for the sand tsunami (I loved that part, lol), Sasuke might be able to reach the surface of the sand (like penetrating the sand with chidori or something so he goes through the sand) before Gaara has a chance to do the squeezing. Or, since his Chidori became so much more powerful, his Kanton attack should be able to melt sand. Normally, it wouldn't be anywhere close, but it seems Sasuke in CSL2 has way more and stronger Chakra.

Sand = melted = Gaara can't do anything but try to make more sand in time = Sasuke can easily win.

BTW, Sasuke is obviously a much stronger opponent for Naruto than Gaara was. Not saying this means Sasuke has a better chance of winning the fight, just saying that it means Sasuke's supposed to be stronger in the creator's view.

Wow, now Neji VS Sasuke turned into Sasuke CSL2 VS Gaara, lol.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 21:40   Link #56
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:04   Link #57
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Spoiler:
No Bflip. Gaara can change the properties of sand to make them into the hardest material on earth. Kimimaro's bones were as hard as steel . Sasuke's bones are as hard as regular bones. He would be crushed under the weight of tons of earth and squashed like a bug. Kimimaro said himself even with his Curse Seal form (which wouldn't make a difference) that if he could not harden his bones he would have been sqaushed. Sasuke doesn't have that luxury.
Old 2004-11-12, 22:04   Link #58
snarl
>:o

So the only way Sasuke would win is if his Katon jutsu can burn through sand as you assume it does...well what if it doesn't? I could assume Gaara's sand would just put out the Katon jutsu in the blink of an eye too... what would Sasuke then?And using chidori to counter Gaara's attack? Sasuke will run out of chakra and Gaara would just keep coming at him with more sand...

Gaara would destroy Sasuke either way, i think you forgot about a tiny thing called Shukaku.
snarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:22   Link #59
lotus_lee

Lol, how the heck did this become a Gaara vs Sasuke thread? Anyways, if Sasuke is to beat Gaara as he is now, then he only has ONE (ok, maybe two or three) chance to beat Gaara, which is probably by dodging all of Gaara's attacks and Chidori him where it hurts him most in 1 hit. That should knock out Gaara, since he doesn't have healing abilities like Naruto. But if that isn't enough to beat Gaara, then I don't see how he would last long enough against Gaara. Sasuke would just get tired and run out of ideas against someone who has a powerful defence and offence. Couldn't Gaara just simply surround himself in like a quick-sand thing to prevent Sasuke getting close to him and use his long-range sand attacks to attack Sasuke?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:28   Link #60
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

As far as this thread goes, we saw Neji defeat a curse seal level 2 opponent and since he is a naturally good matchup for Sasuke style wise he could atleast have a chance of beating Sasuke even though he is clearly outmatched in raw power. At Curse Seal level 1 Neji could probably win. He can negate speed with Kaiten and do the 64 hands of Hakke. He nearly beat Naruto even with Kyuubi's chakra, Sasuke strength would not be overwhelming at level 1. Without the curse seal altogether Neji simply owns Sasuke. It should be interesting to see how the Genin develop over the next 3 years. They are already at Chunin level strength and skill and I hope they aren't overshadowed by Sasuke and Naruto. Honestly though I don't think Sasuke and Naruto are as strong at maximum strength as people think they are. Sannin Level? No way. Orochimaru's jutsu easily overpowered a berserk Kyuubi Naruto even though his snake summon got beat around a little. We don't know how much raw strength Curse Seal level 2 gives you. At best we know it enables you to keep up with a berserk Naruto and we don't even know how strong Naruto is with Raw Kyuubi strength. Zabuza said he was stronger than Kakashi when he sensed the power, and Naruto beat the crap out of Haku (his only victim who was of an unknown skill level). But as much raw power as Genin like Lee,Sasuke and Naruto have with their unique powers they still can't compete with Jounin in a fight. Gai displayed without using gates that he was far above Gaara's level whereas Lee used in incredible amount of raw strength to try and overwhlem him. Curse Seal Level 2 only enabled the weaker sound ninja 4 to sqeak by to worn out Jounin. That isn't very impressive when we talk about the extent of that raw strength. Kimimaro and Sasuke have a stronger skill than the 4 but probably not by much. Raw strength is a bit hard to deterimin in Naruto. We know that Kabtuo, a jounin level ninja was surpirsed by Sasuke's power increase although he should have known that Sasuke had the curse seal. All I'm saying by all this is that until we see a Jounin go one on one with Naruto or Sasuke we don't know the extent of their raw strength. Its safe to assume that at the present Naruto cannot beat someone like Orochimaru with Kyuubi's chakra and Sasuke surely can't since Oro is giving him power. We'll know how strong they are when we see that outise power used against a ninja with a higher rank than them.