AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-11-21, 15:30   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the blue digivolution got more love than the red. It actually won a fight . There was no talking down Yatagaramon. Forcing a retreat was enough. So long as he doesn't decide to just turn around and come back .

Yeah, that guy at the start was definitely crazy. I can appreciate that they turned him into a zealot for Yatagaramon since...he was not ok even before this started.

Good for the friend that lost her bird. Really having the birds that were loved choose to return was about the only way this could work out. Since I don't think this group was equipped to catch and figure out which bird belonged where.
Old 2021-11-21, 23:26   Link #42
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Ghost Game. Episode 5: Divine Anger

Like everybody else pointed out about three weeks ago, Jelly-mon's fun, mischievous, and a spunky one to boot, yet IMHO her tsundere personality makes her waifu material, so as long as Kiyoshiro mans-up from time to time as the dorm leader.

Though I feel sorry for the ordeal and near-death experience that Jelly-mon put him through, Kiyoshiro is initially at fault due to "willingly" hacking the city's computer system to install those talismans under the belief they'll protect everyone from "ghosts" (a.k.a. A.I. holograms, a.k.a. Digimon).
Don't do good deeds that seem bad on surface, Kiyoshiro!

Following, Digimon Tamers nostalgia got me the best with Majiramon being the highlight for this one episode, and, thankfully, it did not deal in absolutes, since it spared Kiyoshiro after the latter successfully managed to destroy the last program and sincerely apologized for his actions before the former.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-22, 08:45   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I like that the show left the fate of the birds purely on the birds' own decision whether to leave or come back to their "owners".

On that note, Yatagaramon may "lost the battle" but he "won the war" coz his goals to free the birds were mostly successful aside from the raptors in the zoo that he failed to broke free due to Kausgammamon.
Old 2021-11-22, 21:08   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I like that the show left the fate of the birds purely on the birds' own decision whether to leave or come back to their "owners".

On that note, Yatagaramon may "lost the battle" but he "won the war" coz his goals to free the birds were mostly successful aside from the raptors in the zoo that he failed to broke free due to Kausgammamon.
I'd see it more as a pyrrhic victory for the people of that city. Pet shops will restock their supply of birds and people will still keep them as pets. Though he certainly did a serious job of damaging their finances and maybe got some people fired to save money...

Kausgammamon lost the battle and the war. But definitely left a mark on individual lives.
Old 2021-11-23, 22:01   Link #45
Chosen_Hero

Bird gang episode with a new digivolution... ok.
Old 2021-11-23, 22:32   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kausgammamon lost the battle and the war. But definitely left a mark on individual lives.
Nah, Kausgammamon won the battle coz he managed to prevent Yatagaramon from breaking out the raptors from the zoo. But Yatagaramon still got away with most things.
Old 2021-11-26, 00:36   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Ghost Game. Episode 6: The Cursed Song

The sight of a dark mass, hand creeping out from the screen while an offbeat song plays from an unknown source is more than enough to give people frightening nightmares.

At the end, Sirenmon found a kindred spirit in Hiro after listening the latter singing, which explains at the beginning of the episode why the boy was hesitant to sing at karaoke.

Anyways, we still have many questions to get answered:
  1. How digivolution mechanics work in this show? I mean, Gammamon until now is the only partner digimon able to do so.
  2. Is there any special meaning for Kiyoshiro having his hands bandaged?
  3. Where in the digital world is Hiro's dad?
Old 2021-11-28, 11:29   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This episode is nuts! NUTS! I tell you.
It's a wacky Death Race with wild digimons + our protags in gokarts with their digimons' souls on the line!

We have the anime-debut of Sistermon Ciel from the English version of Cyber Sleuth IIRC and she.is.one.psychotic.mofo in this episode. There's no talk-no-jutsu for this b*tch. She's just outright insane!

She caused traffic accidents, stole gokarts (due to Jellymon's recs) and made poor other digimons got involved in a Death Race with Metalphantomon chasing them and taking their souls like goddam Shang Tsung!

Luckily Sistermon's not that bright. Hiro tricked her into fighting Metalphantomon which resulted in some cray-cray fight between two savage digimons. But then before we can see the conclusion of the fight, a Blackgatomon appeared with a rice-cooker! It then opened the ricecooker and suddenly summoned a gateway to the digital world and sent all the racing digimons back where they belong. They way it uses the ricecooker is practically similar to Ghostbusters' ghost-trap but with Son-Gohan's rice cooker from classic Dragon Ball!

Please excuse my chaotic comment above but this episode is just nuts! What did they smoke when making this???
Old 2021-11-28, 14:26   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Ghost Game. Episode 7: Birds

For the time being in this series, we are getting alternative digivolution forms, or at least for Gammamon.

KausGammamon leveled the playing field, and for a first time a battle was finished properly with no talk-no-jutsu, no outside interference, and no interruptions; just when it seemed that Yatagaramon recovered to engage for a second round, KausGammamon threatened it to make the former fly away for its money.

Lastly, I just hope that shady bum character won't be a regular in the show.
Old 2021-11-28, 17:44   Link #50
Kazu-kun

Is Gammamon the only one getting evolutions? I'm getting tired of that shit. I wanna see the other digimons get some love too.
Old 2021-11-28, 18:36   Link #51
GDB

We know they'll get at least Champion forms, since they're in the OP.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-28, 22:06   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Meh, I don't care about evolution when we got an episode this crazy with many interesting Digimons. Heck, we even get a fight between two rarely-seen Digimons that shook the highway .
Old 2021-11-28, 23:53   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I don't think the story is in a hurry to rush evolution. It feels like they are saving that for the other two main digimon until the story moves into whatever the next phase is going to be. Or at least gets closer to that. With most conflicts being misunderstandings or not requiring an outright win there's no point having them digivolve to resolve things.

Also, another episode where Jellymon is arguably causing a lot of trouble but is mostly left alone since...main character digimon. She was actively helping out a total lunatic that got who knows how many people killed in highway crashes. This was a bit of a step up from the previous incidents where people were just left with psychological wounds.

Anyways the return of Clockmon should presumably kick things up a bit. Though maybe not since Gamamon hasn't gone green yet.
Old 2021-11-29, 04:58   Link #54
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though maybe not since Gamamon hasn't gone green yet.
He should still have two Champion forms left before going Perfect, and from there we have no further information since his VB didn't have any unique Mega form.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-05, 02:24   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

We got a really nice world-building this episode from Digimon's stages of being, how they get into this world and their manner of roaming. And it's nice to see Bokomon after Frontier, but it's too bad that he's not paired with Neemon. Instead, we got Bakumon again after we saw him in Tri.

And yeah, we were about to get protag's first kill in this episode but Hiro really couldn't ignore Clockmon's cry for help. Hiro & Betel ended up saving his life then Clockmon promised not to attack humans again. It's a good thing that Clockmon seemed to be honest about it but we already have proof of an evil digimon who can lie like Dracumon. It'd be interesting to see Hiro deals with him in the future.
Old 2021-12-07, 08:09   Link #56
videoman190

They both have to be emotionally connected to evolve this is why Hiro and Gammamon were able to evolve and able to use attacks.

Gammamon may have branch evolotions.

I guess that digivice watch has something to do with it also it may be possible that Hiro's dad made that watch while in the digital world (he is an inventor after all).

It might be the first Digimon series that has no kill count.

Last edited by videoman190; 2021-12-07 at 13:50.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-07, 17:42   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Hiro's sense of time is being thrown off as if it is skipping along. "Might be stress." Really Angoramon? No one's first suspicion is a digimon being behind it? Even without them knowing about the initial fight with Clockmon that should be the first thing they are suspecting. Every odd thing should be considered the work of a digimon until proven otherwise. Of course the lack of awareness of this group is a bit scary. They know something weird is going on with Hiro but no one stays behind to keep an eye on him because...food.

Everything worked out in the end. A bit of a stretch that someone as sadistic and warped as Clockmon would seriously change his tune just because he was helped once. But until he does something it's fine. At the very least the tone of the show so far is that no enemy is so bad that they can actually take them out. The only ones in danger of actually dying are the innocent people caught up in Digimon incidents .
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
They both have to be emotionally connected to evolve this is why Hiro and Gammamon were able to evolve and able to use attacks.

Gammamon may have branch evolotions.

I guess that digivice watch has something to do with it also it may be possible that Hiro's dad made that watch while in the digital world (he is an inventor after all).

It might be the first Digimon series that has no kill count.
At least it might be the first Digimon series with no kill count for the Digimon themselves. There's no way that highway mayhem didn't kill a ton of people before it was stopped. We saw at least one explosion. There's no way people haven't been killed by Digimon in this show.

Humanity is really taking a 'turn the other cheek' approach to things this time around .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2021-12-07 at 18:08.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-12, 02:13   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, those who hate Jellymmon, this is the episode for you. You get to see Kinkakumon beat the crap outta her . But I'm kinda disappointed that Teslajellymon defeated Kinkakumon with only one punch. The director of the episode really need to figure out better fight choreography for brawler digimons like these two gals.

That said, I'm actually pretty amused that a lot of people (aka. boys) were competing for 20 wins in this not-KOF game just to see Kinkakumon who they deemed a "beautiful character". I'm glad that these guys can understand the appeal of a buff woman. We need more of that in anime .

Also, that last scene with Angoramon. Does he like poetry by any chance?
Old 2021-12-26, 05:03   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh wow, Hiro & Wezengammamon were fully prepared to kill those Zassoumons if the elder didn't stop them on time. Might be foreshadowing of what Hiro & Gammamon need to do in the future.
Old 2021-12-26, 23:18   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh wow, Hiro & Wezengammamon were fully prepared to kill those Zassoumons if the elder didn't stop them on time. Might be foreshadowing of what Hiro & Gammamon need to do in the future.
They could be building that way. Obviously they can either never kill a digimon or actually go through with it. They'll have to go one way or the other by the end. But at least they've set themselves up for some drama if they decide to cross the line. The main cast seemed ready to make that call, but maybe they didn't really grasp the situation. Plus fighting something that is basically feral and an opponent that can talk is different so might be saving having to go that far with an opponent that will leave a mark.

Either way, nice to see what green can do . Plenty of firepower there for sure. Not a lot of mobility, but it's good against an army of grunts.

Tags
digimon