AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-07-27, 00:44   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Didn't they just say last episode that they wouldn't give the characters abilities that could let them escape? How the heck is the guy with a sword that can cut through anything not able to use it to cut through door to his cell and get out of there? Or did he simply not think about trying to escape?

Kirisaki may be borderline trash, but at least he's useful trash. Seems like the type to survive if only to be a constant source of conflict. Not much reason to talk trash about the dead. All the more so since he didn't notice a darn thing. As if Sawatari not lowering his guard would have let him survive or even create much of a chance to show off his opponent's ability.

Guess we'll see what that lunatic's ability ends up being. Definitely a fair amount of misdirection. Not sure they'd have two similar abilities on the same team. But did look to be a case of being able to enlarge blades that she could throw at her opponent. Although not entirely sure. Her hand motion was a bit too casual to be throwing anything with that much force.

Yeah, you knew Sawatari was done for. Not being in the OP was bad, but so was his ability not being useful. I suppose he could sneak up on someone and choke them out. But that's about it. Not like there was anything useful thrown onto it. Guy just got ripped off by the scumbags running this operation.

Of course here's hoping that Akira is able to find the right time and person to open up with. I get him staying on edge since there is no guarantee he won't have to fight this team in the future. But not being able to trust anyone limits his options and support he could have in using his ability. Seems a given that Yuuri will be a person he opens up to. But we'll see about when that happens.

Ringo was a cute girl and definitely one of the more likable people in the episode. Very cute internal reactions under her cool appearance. She revealed bits of her ability to her team, but she was also smart enough not to explain the whole thing. That ability...could be useful. It just depends on the situation, whether she's fighting alone, and what "one-tenth values" means. Like with the sword ability...what does that do? Does she get one-tenth of a sword? Ability to cut through one-tenth of all things in existence?
Old 2021-07-27, 00:55   Link #42
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Didn't they just say last episode that they wouldn't give the characters abilities that could let them escape? How the heck is the guy with a sword that can cut through anything not able to use it to cut through door to his cell and get out of there? Or did he simply not think about trying to escape?
Maybe the door has the same property as the sword? Surely, they can create the wall that can't be destroy by anything.
Old 2021-07-27, 02:43   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not surprising, but despite everything, Yuuri's still way too trusting.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-27, 12:14   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not surprising, but despite everything, Yuuri's still way too trusting.
In what way ?
Old 2021-07-27, 16:43   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
In what way ?
She concluded !Lupin was a nice guy based on way too little.
Old 2021-07-27, 17:52   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
She concluded !Lupin was a nice guy based on way too little.
I guess she'll never know for sure...
Old 2021-07-30, 05:31   Link #47
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 06:12.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-30, 13:15   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Now I'm just imagining Yuuri stuck fighting in a swimsuit...not that I'd mind .

(Did I just miss that fang in the actual anime?).
Old 2021-08-02, 13:02   Link #49
Frontier

Poor Saeko has to learn that Kirisaki can split off his wooden sword to make a shorter knife if he needs to, but luckily his arrogance manages to snag her a win! She manages to enlarge a marble straight into his balls. It's super effective .

I'm glad Saeko won. She showed some nice grit here. Kirisaki has his second loss, but he kind of asked for it .

Akira's not really worried about what Mion will do to the losers because they still need test subjects (although Mion is happy to remind him to keep his expectations in check), so he uses this as an opportunity to ascertain how his powers work. Apparently all that matters is what the opponent he directly challenges thinks his abilities are even if a whole group of people are aware of his ability .

I kind of feel bad for Kitajima. He had a poor and unfulfilling life and wanted to be reincarnated into something better...and then he gets stuck here. And then he gets cheered on by girls for the first time in his life only to get a shoe thrown in his face and forced to forefeit at cannon-point. That's pretty rough. In fact his ability is actually pretty useful, being able to nullify physical attacks as long as he has a hand on the ground, he just had rotten luck facing Akira .

Although Yuuri's luck is still the worst as she ends up squaring off against the creepy stalker who got her into this mess in the first place...although I guess it was lucky in the sense that she finally got to have proper payback for what he did to her by punching him straight out of the ring .

Does Ringo know Akira? He didn't seem to recognize her, but she seemed to recognize him by name and know about him. Maybe from his gaming handle or because they went to the same school ?

I guess as far as penalties go, dressing up as Bunny Girls and serving the winning team isn't the worst thing, and when you've got a team of three beauties they pull off the Bunny Girl look fairly well (especially Rin). If only Yuuri had gotten in one too...Of course then it turns out to just be a little fun Mion was playing and they'll face their true penalty later on .

Look at Akira turning on the charm and bandaging up Yuuri's hand...although it seems calculated because he realizes how powerful her ability is and she wants him on his side, so he's giving her reasons to like him and want to support him as a partner. Seems like the only thing that wasn't necessarily calculated was him helping Ringo out when Kirisaki was harassing her, although he still mistook her for a middle-schooler when she's a third year in high school .

Well, the team's splitting up but it seems like Akira and Yuuri will be finding each other again soon enough .
Old 2021-08-02, 19:44   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm not sure they needed to recap Akira explaining the test of his ability. It was kind of apparent through how the was testing it. It made his match feel 3 times longer since there was so much repetition between his acts, thoughts, and him recapping his thoughts. I get his ability needs explaining. But they could have worked that a bit better.

On the positive side Yuuri finished her match almost instantly so that saved time . I'm glad she got a chance to vent some of her rage on that psycho stalker. That ability let him survive, but he didn't even last more than a single punch. Too bad it wasn't the ability to make himself into an even tougher material. Then she could have truly vented her anger.

I guess it might actually be handy for Ringo if Akira misreads the situation and thinks she's younger than she is. Not that he seems the type to risk himself for others unless it benefits him. He did help her out, but it was a situation where it didn't matter that much. He's already antagonized Kirisaki anyways by shooting at him. Throwing a bit more oil on that fire is hardly an issue.

Makes sense that Akira is trying to win over Yuuri. Her power is crazy effective. Plus if she's the type to attack before thinking too much then trying to convince her of an ability in the middle of a fight might not be good for him. He's at a disadvantage against anyone that shoots first and talks later if he can't avoid the initial attacks. Unfortunate for Yuuri since she's being messed with. But at the same time sticking close to the main character ups her chances for survival so it's not all bad.
Old 2021-08-03, 02:01   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought so from the start, but Kirisaki's pretty arrogant for an ability that isn't that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure they needed to recap Akira explaining the test of his ability. It was kind of apparent through how the was testing it. It made his match feel 3 times longer since there was so much repetition between his acts, thoughts, and him recapping his thoughts. I get his ability needs explaining. But they could have worked that a bit better.

On the positive side Yuuri finished her match almost instantly so that saved time . I'm glad she got a chance to vent some of her rage on that psycho stalker. That ability let him survive, but he didn't even last more than a single punch. Too bad it wasn't the ability to make himself into an even tougher material. Then she could have truly vented her anger.
She should have kicked him in the balls.

Quote:
I guess it might actually be handy for Ringo if Akira misreads the situation and thinks she's younger than she is.
I wonder if she'll end up some kind of nemesis for him? If she uses her power on him, she'll realize his power isn't actually to turn his hand into a canon.

Quote:
Makes sense that Akira is trying to win over Yuuri. Her power is crazy effective. Plus if she's the type to attack before thinking too much then trying to convince her of an ability in the middle of a fight might not be good for him. He's at a disadvantage against anyone that shoots first and talks later if he can't avoid the initial attacks. Unfortunate for Yuuri since she's being messed with. But at the same time sticking close to the main character ups her chances for survival so it's not all bad.
Like I said, she's still much too trusting.
Old 2021-08-03, 09:00   Link #52
Frontier

Quote:
I thought so from the start, but Kirisaki's pretty arrogant for an ability that isn't that great.
Is he ever going to win ?
Quote:
She should have kicked him in the balls.
Yuuri's just a really straigtforward girl .
Quote:
I wonder if she'll end up some kind of nemesis for him? If she uses her power on him, she'll realize his power isn't actually to turn his hand into a canon.
Ringo doesn't seem like the nemesis type. I think she might become allies with him if only because she knows who he is, somehow .
Quote:
Like I said, she's still much too trusting.
And her luck still isn't great...she thinks she's finally met a good guy who is nice to her and it's just to manipulate her .
Old 2021-08-09, 13:04   Link #53
Frontier

So the Third Program is probably the most straightforward Death Battle scenario where a bunch of players end up in a large field and end up having to hunt each other down, team-up, and do their own thing while trying to earn points for an extended period of time...at least they don't have to worry about their hands being cuffed for a while .

How long is the Third Program? It seems like more than one group ends up being sent there eventually, and there's more than just the group Akira and Yuuri came in with, and enough time passed for a woman to give birth and for her baby to be healthy and cared for while building a mini-village. Even the organization behind this sends supplies so they can hold out there, so long as they have the points Has anyone moved to the Fourth Program yet ?

On the one hand, Yuuri gets stuck getting chased after by a bunch of weirdo's in tracksuits who can't even agree on a logo, but on the other hand she gets reunited with Akira sooner than she expected! Our leads are back together and looks like they'll be sticking that way .

Well, Akira telling Yuuri about his power kind of backfired because she announced to the world that he has the cannon ability and now both groups think that's his only power. Is he going to have to tell and convince people it isn't if he ever needs to do something else ?

There's something about a woman in lingerie holding a severed head...and Rin wastes no time working her way into Ichi's good graces, right down to sitting right next to him like she's become his woman already .

Team Green seems pretty peaceful and prosperous considering the circumstances, in opposition to the more vicious and violent Team Red, and I guess that makes them a good fit for our protagonists to join. I kind of wonder about Kirisaki, Kumagawa, and Ringo though .

Akira and Yuuri struggling for small talk after thinking they'd have a destined reunion at a later date...Yuuri seems like she's starting to crush on him but Akira seems like he just sees her as a useful partner to have around because of her ability. I wonder if she's going to eventually start to realize how Akira really thinks and maybe get him to start acting more morally and emotionally ?

So we've got Hiroki Yasumoto as Team Red's leader Ichi and Koji Yusa as his sub-captain...they both seem like pretty dangerous individuals .

Akira thought Team Green was super powerful as a deterrent to Team Red and it turns out he and Yuuri might be the strongest members...although the old man's reaction to Akira threatening him tells me that he's not someone you want to mess with, whatever his powers are .

I'm kind of curious about Team Blue given they're supposed to be neutral but could be pretty powerful in their own right...

Next week...Yuuri with a condom? Team Green orientation? Okay .
Old 2021-08-09, 21:05   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Credit to the old guy for his nerve. Didn't let Akira's stance throw him off. All the more curious with how he interacted with Akira's ability. It isn't like much changed before the cannon appeared and after it did. I'd say the old guy was testing Akira out. But if he didn't believe it was a cannon ability then it wouldn't have appeared right? Or did he trick the system to determine Akira's real ability? Not sure, but he's an interesting guy.

Certainly this shows how the group we started out the show with isn't remotely the first group having been recruited for this. Those people had been in the third program for months at the bare minimum. Did the organization not like the current state of affairs and recruited a new wave to try and shake things up? Or has this been a regular occurrence? I probably lean towards the latter.

At least this does set up the next conflict pretty well. And it draws a clear distinction between Akira and Yuuri compared to the leaders of the red faction. Yuuri is the direct comparable to the big guy. No way that guy doesn't have a power based ability. If not the exact same one Yuuri herself has. While Akira is more of the clever brain type like Kuroiwa. Although to be fair Akira has plenty of power if he uses his ability right.

I guess we'll see how things go with Akira and Yuuri. That they are spending more time together is a good thing. But Akira is still a pretty detached individual. Yuuri is a useful ally thanks to how busted her ability is. No idea if he'll really care about her beyond that. But it could happen.
Old 2021-08-13, 20:43   Link #55
LG-MAX 2.o

I took a look at japanese raw and I wonder if Lilia's back was censored again in the episode in crunchyroll version?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 10:20   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I took a look at japanese raw and I wonder if Lilia's back was censored again in the episode in crunchyroll version?
No, we saw the scars on her back this time.
Old 2021-08-14, 17:33   Link #57
LG-MAX 2.o

This is good because it will have important meaning for the future of the arc.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-16, 13:02   Link #58
Frontier

Shirasagi's not just a kindly old man, he's a shrewd, intelligent, yet moral leader for Team Green, and has the power to basically nullify all attacks and hostility sent towards him so he can maintain "peaceful negotiations." And then send that force back at his opponent (with some cost to him) when he forcibly ends said negotiation .

I really want to get to know the dark-haired girl in the shorts and ripped tights with the longsword and the stoic blonde nun with the cursed doll powers .

How nice of them to put leave a condom in the room with the two teenagers sleeping together .

Poor Yuuri has fantasized about having a Shojo romance since she was a child...and Akira is just too practical and straight-laced for that .

Akira makes Yuuri think he has telepathy, but before he can justify how he has telepathy he really does tell her the truth about his ability and trusts her to help him move forward with his ability and work together as a team. I'm glad he was honest with her even if it's less from a care or bond with her and more Akira just being practical, but he's still trusting her with the truth and being more open with her, which is nice .

Akira and Yuuri talk about their parents and it turns out Akira has just his dad, but they don't seem particularly close or caring, meanwhile Yuuri still clings to the belief that her mother loves her despit evidence to the contrary. Yuuri has very genuine reasons for wanting to get out of this death battle to see her family again, while to Akira it's just another game to win .

Looks like Kirisaki has joined Team Blue? They're leader looks like the type who can't be bothered to do anything unless he absolutely has to, but judging by their prominence in the Opening, I'm not going to underestimate them .

Attack of the CGI mummies! I wasn't expecting Mion to actually show up for the game, though .

So Akira has found a way to utilize his ability in a different ways...he just needs Yuri to think of him having a specific power now that she knows how his powers work, while he just has to have other people, as in people on the same team as him, engaged with him so he can use his cannon. Clever .

I love how Akira is trying to hold Yuuri back and she's already beating up a mummy .

Jeez, Kuro and Team Red are pretty awful. Forcing a bunch of people at the mummies like lambs to the slaughter just so they could understand Shirisagi's ability more by preying on his morality. They're monsters! No wonder they seem to have a rapport with Mion .

Ringo has luck on par with Yuuri's, but at least Akira and Yuuri managed to save her! And Yuuri might have some competition, because it looks like Ringo is nursing a crush on Akira too .

So Shirisagi was a lawyer or someone involved with the government/law enforcement? And his pregnant daughter died from her car being sabotaged? Ouch .
Old 2021-08-16, 21:01   Link #59
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I suppose things have gotten interesting. Certainly relying on Yuuri allows for an interesting bit of variety where Akira can switch his abilities and effectively run around with multiple ones at once. Just so long as they aren't flashier than the cannon ability that everyone has been told he has. Plus by putting a bit of trust in her he can basically have any ability he wants at any time. Since all Yuuri has to do is believe it with all her might. Although I question if that should work since if she knows what his real ability is then she shouldn't be able to believe his ability is really something else. But I guess the logic of that ability are stretched enough that if she just tells herself that she believes it then it is fine.

If nothing else it is a good learning experience for Akira. Tricking and manipulating people is one thing. But he actually has to put his faith and life in Yuuri's hands for this to work. So room for things to grow there since he's got to be that way.

I suppose it makes sense for Ringo to both get into trouble and to get closer to Akira and the Green team. With her ability she can likely see through Akira's facade and there has to be some negotiations done there too so things don't fall apart.
Old 2021-08-17, 23:36   Link #60
HandofFate

I guess Yuuri is able to work with Akira's ability so easily because she's a 'simple' girl.

Like how her ability is actually suppose to be hard to control, but she can do it because she relys on instinct and a simple enough girl to just go with it and not overthink.

If it was me, it be hard for me to do it, even if I want to imagine he has telepathy, i'm still gonna be aware that it really isnt

Tags
action, super powers