AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 19:04   Link #41
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:08.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 19:44   Link #42
KnowsNothing
<3 Nina

Ghosts? I am not a total disbeliever, I tend to go with the idea that when we die that's it.......you're dead. nothing else. no spirit that lives on....

But again I still defidently think there's a possibiity. As for your story, i too am skeptical. The only ghost stories that I would ever believe are the ones where there is JUST a sighting (but then why would a ghost ever be visible?).

I don't think that if there are really ghosts that they would be able to choke you or hurt you in any way. Why? because they wouldn't be made up of matter. The body is still burried somewhere.

That's why, although I am a Christian (haven't gone through confirmation yet. don't know if i really want to belong in a religion.), I don't really believe everything he Bible tells us. I tend to go with [science > religion.] because science is backed up with FACTS, and the Bible is made up of things writen by people that we don't know, and has been handed down for centuries. Who knows if that is even the origianl accountings of what happened? Jesus walking on water could've been jesus swimming into the water to save somebody. But through the generations, the tale semed to change. The basis of our whole religion could just be a tall tale.

As for the Ouiji (how do do you spell it) board, that's all a bunch of hoo-haw. If the thinger really does move, it's because inside your mind you really wanted it to say something, and involuntary muscle movements from your brain caused your hand to move there. The other person just goes along. I tried the board with my cousin once, and we spent a long while waiting only to find out that absolutely nothing had happened. How long are you supposed to site there?

If these things actually DID happen to you, I don't think it would be possible to look back, laugh, and say "I was scared because I was so young." Are you saying that if in the middle of the night you felt "something" choking you, you wouldn't be scared? Of course you would. I don't think anybody truly wouldn't.

[this is the end of my rant]

...couple things i forgot. :P (1) I'm sorry if anything I've said has been redundant or already answered or debated. I quickposted on the first page not realizing a couple others had already gone by. :P And (2) While I didn't believe it, I didn't find your stories entertaining (not like, humorous. It kept my interest. . It was also slightly scary, I'll admit.

Alright I read the other pages. Whoever said "cused basketball! cursed violin!" I have this to say: truer words have never been spoken.

I DID go through this weird spell of hallucinations, but they were always at night when I was tired. One actully happned long before the spell. I was but a lad and I was sleeping with my parents. There was a picture of me on the wall that I would stare at. Everyonce in a while I would see it twich or move, but it never stayed i that position and you couldn't really tell if it moved t all. I could've sworn my hand went up and I heard the words "hi." That scared me a bit but I later dismissed them as the result of being tired.

A couple years ago some weird "eye-tricks" happend everynight I would close my eyes for a couple mintues and then open them and look at the blank wall across from my room and see weird stuff. Like one time the wall was almost bubbling, another time it was swirling. And then there was the sillohette of a ballerina on my wall that kind of flew around my room. They stopped happening about a week later.

Last edited by KnowsNothing; 2004-01-06 at 20:10.
KnowsNothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 11:48   Link #43
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Knowsnothing I have to check your birthday after reading your post, as you are a Christian I recommend The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis, good reading.

I suggest you lay off the occult, had the ouji board worked for you you will have a greater belief in the supernatural. Is that not a good reason why it didn't work?
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 16:55   Link #44
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:08.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-07, 17:33   Link #45
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
.... i have a promise from one of my friends that if he dies, he'll possess my knee.... just to be annoying..
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 22:40   Link #46
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Revive!

i thought this will be a good thread to get revived, since Halloween is coming ...

ar~ i am too excited XD

anyways, here is the story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine....

it's Friday night, school just ended for George, he figured he will stay over night playing PC games~ [no thunder, no rain, a pleasant night as usual]... he took a bath, grab a drink, and sit infront of the desktop in the living room, playing Everquest..... as midnight passes, George refused to go to sleep, he stay up till around 2 am or so~ right when he is so into the game, he felt a soft tab on his right shoulder, he felt a slight uncomfortable, and mummured" stop it... " and the tab was gone.~ so George continue his game, Yet a few minutes later, he felt another tab on his shoulder, this time, both of his shoulders felt it, and he was thinking~ "who the heXX... " and he yank his neck around to see who tab their hands on him.... and to his horror....

Spoiler:

George was horrified and ran his way back to his room as fast as he can...... and wouldn't dare to play over night games for a few years...

It is a true story~ it happened to a friend of a friend of mine.

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-10-14 at 23:04. Reason: spelling: grub = GRAB XD
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 22:52   Link #47
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
BEST THREAD EVER!

I didnt know this one existed! I remember once I told Lani a story that happened to my dad, and I thought it would be great to create a thread about scary stories ^_^ Ill read the whole thing and Ill come back with it.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:20   Link #48
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Ghost stories from Singapore

The folowing accounts are narrated by different people.
(Pulau Tekong is the name of an island where our military personel go to to receive their training)
Spoiler for 1:
Spoiler for 2:
Spoiler for 3:

It dosen't matter if you believe in ghosts or not ultimately, especially with reference to this thread- You don't have to believe in ghosts to enjoy a good ghost story
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:24   Link #49
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i dont believe in ghosts.

but my story is this.
on one night, i woke up in my bed and decided to get a cup of water.
i went to the fridge and got water, and was heading back.
and suddenly on my way back, i heard these voices of little kids singing outside.
and i looked out the window and saw no one.
maybe those damn kids were trying to freak people out or something.
assuming that they were there.......
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 00:05   Link #50
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
So here I go! (Im still a bit scared by the first one >_<! damn Im such a coward)...forgive my english, I sometimes suck when telling long stories.

Spoiler:

true story!

note: my dad is terribly exceptic about these things, but of course he cant explain what happen.

argh, I should have edited my previous post >_<! Im to lazy to copy-edit - paste specially since it takes a while to load the editing page, so Ill just "quick reply" this.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 00:59   Link #51
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Heres a story i encountered a few months back...

Spoiler:

bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 01:22   Link #52
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykun
Ok, that was some scary shit...I'm just seriously disturbed now...thanks
(It's a joke)

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-10-15 at 02:32.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 07:06   Link #53
HoboGod
Necromancer

LOL.... that was great, bunnykun. Excelent trickery to set you up for the pic. ^_^

Okay, I have a story. It was back when I was young and my mom lost her job. She was really protective of me and she didn't want me living at the homeless shelter while she found work, so she sent me to live with my grandma. I believe my grandma is a nice lady, but she is a bit demanding and scornful if people don't follow her rules. I've always been the most submissive person in my family, so i'm the only person in my immediate family that thinks that.

It was June 1995, about a week into summer vacation. So that ment I could stay up watching late night talk shows (not that i didn't do that during the school year, but now i didn't feel guilty about staying up past bedtime.) David Letterman was almost over, so it was pretty late for a 9 year old (almost 10) to be awake. My grandma was visiting with her sister and said she would be back almost an 2 hours ago. I didn't mind being there alone, it was better than being bored to death listening to old ladies talk about past husbands and cooking shows.

Suddenly, i heard a tapping on the window. Normally i would just assume that the wind was slapping a tree branch against the side of the house, so i didn't bother looking up. It went on for a few minutes. I payed no attention, just laughed along to the television.

It was the last commercial break until the end of the show and a weather forcast said there was little chance for rain and no wind across the midwest. It took a few minutes to put 2 and 2 together, but if there was no wind, then the tree wasn't hitting the house.

My heart jumped and I immediatly darted my eyes to the window. The tapping stopped. I focused my eyes through the darkness. Straining myself to see what was out there. "Just a raccoon," I assured myself and resumed watching tv, darting my eyes to the window now and then.

I realised I was making a big deal out of this for nothing and I wouldn't enjoy the rest of the show anyway, so I walked across the hallway and got my sleeping bag out of the closet. Before I got back to the living room with my sleeping bag, I heard the tapping start again. But when i got there, I saw a ghostly figure standing outside. It looked like a young girl in her teens, wearing a white lace night gown. Her eyes were tired and she had dark black circles around her eyes. She had long black hair and pale skin. She didn't look quite right, she looked almost ethereal.

I froze in terror. I didn't think she noticed me even tho I couldn't help but stare at her. She just kept tapping.

Here is where it gets really scary. Read on

Spoiler:
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 16:24   Link #54
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Smile

A friend of mine who studies this stuff, calls me a "spirtual lightening rod". Now I don't have a resident ghost but I live less than a 1/2 mile from a giant cemetary. What I do have is what I call foot traffic.

1. I awoke one night literally being smothered by a black presence(That is the best way I can describe it.) Kind of like a black void or heavy fog with a completely evil feeling to it. I literally could not breathe or move. As a christian I knew what to do, but I kid you not it took a few minutes and then it slowly receded like fog wifting away. I was so freaked out I could not return to sleep and had to get up and turn on the lights.

2. Sometimes after my husband goes to bed and I am watching anime he will come back out and sneak up behind me to scare me. Works well. So not to long back, I was sitting here watching Aishiteruze Baby and I saw his shadow on the screen as he snuck up. So I waited I was gonna catch him at the last moment. So I waited for like 15 seconds, and nothing, the hair on the back of neck stood up and I turned around to see what stopped him and no one was there. I went to check on him and he was sound asleep.

3. I had just laid down to go to sleep. My husband was gone for the night and the kids were all asleep and all of a sudden a voice right next to me says "SHUT UP!" Scared me so bad I literally came off the bed. Of course no one was there. I called people crying I was so freaked out

Sometimes also when I am up late by myself, I will hear one of the kids come running down the hall and even catch a flash of flesh color out of the corner of my eye, but no one is ever there, and I have checked and the kids are all asleep. This one does not freak me out so bad because I know it is children.
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 17:45   Link #55
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
damn! im not reading another scary story!!!
damn cant resist! must read more!

human mind is interesting, i cant help but being curious what the story is.
and kinda off-topic,
what do you think the movie Grudge, will be like? good or bad?
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote