Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-19, 23:27   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Hayasaka is a fan of cutting to the chase .
Understandably considering how often Kaguya probably distracts her for the sake of complicated plots that won't actually get her very far . Or just figuring out how Twitter works...
Old 2020-04-25, 12:10   Link #42
Frontier

Who knew all it would take is a full moon and his love of astronomy to turn Shirogane into such a casual stud? Nothing could have prepared Kaguya .

Shirogane has a cool read on the Princess Kaguya story. Something for our Kaguya to think on the next time she sees the moon .

I guess nothing says progression like the actual term of our beloved student council coming to a close. And what better way to bring things to a close then reminiscing on all the fun times they had together? Or how Ishigami missed some stuff because he only showed up mid-way in season 1? He was totally there to get hit with Fujiwara's fan, which he was surprisingly happy to be reminded of both mentally and physically .

Look at Fujiawara, just casually throwing Shirogane's first name around like it's nothing. Or how Ishigami came up with a cute shorthand nickname. Kaguya is so far behind .

I love how in Kaguya's student council she'd replace Fujiwara with Kashiwagi. I'm sure she'd probably keep Fujiwara around as the student council's pet or something .

Even Kaguya can't hold back that she wants the student council to stick together for one last year, and she wants Shirogane to continue to be her "President" and to be with her one last year. And Shirogane is more then happy to oblige for one last shot at Kaguya, especially if it leads to him pulling one over on her .

With Shirogane running again, it should be an easy win to restore the status quo...but wait, we have a new character coming next weekend .
Old 2020-04-25, 12:59   Link #43
AntonKutovoi

Lol, this time they inserted Love Theme from "The Godfather" of all things.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 18:41   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The result of the moon gazing should have been mutual defeat/tie, not Shirogane's loss. Because Kaguya took some massive "damage" here as well.
Old 2020-04-25, 20:53   Link #45
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Shirogane getting lost in looking at the moon and gotten further with Kaguya then last season
Old 2020-04-25, 21:05   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Shuchiin Student Council enters sede vacante status. Everyone is prepared to move on from student council duty... except for Miyuki and Kaguya. The episode is partly a recap episode of what happened since the first season, which is timely since the election period for the next Student Council President approaches.

Will Miyuki be re-elected? Or will someone else become the new owner of the Aiguilette?

Quote:
Lol, this time they inserted Love Theme from "The Godfather" of all things.
I swear, I also heard the theme song of X-Files from the moon-gazing part.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 21:09   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I did really like the end of this one. The group just handling the "end" of their student council with grace. Good on the story to have both Miyuki and Kaguya play their part. He was able to score a win, but her selfish request was the reason he was willing to hand in that form. The impact was nice. For the two of them that space is a necessity.

Will of course be up to the election battle. But if Miyuki can win then they've got one more year to legitimately advance their relationship.
Old 2020-04-25, 22:50   Link #48
Decel

Felt like I got more romance development in this episode than all of season 1, barring the fireworks arc.

Plot moving forward, I like.
Old 2020-04-26, 02:16   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah that moon-viewing part is theorized as the rough picture about how this series might end
It is perfect in sense that Shirogane and Shinomiya are both from different backgrounds so Shirogane need to chase Shinomiya really hard in order to get the acknowledgement

the 2nd year of student council.. we could say that this is the real season 2 from now on
The next arc might be a bit long though but at least I could see that annoying cute little girl in anime
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 06:33   Link #50
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
ah that moon-viewing part is theorized as the rough picture about how this series might end
It is perfect in sense that Shirogane and Shinomiya are both from different backgrounds so Shirogane need to chase Shinomiya really hard in order to get the acknowledgement
I got very strong foreshadowing vibes from that scene as well. It would make perfect sense for the story to be based on the Kaguya-hime story and have Kaguya eventually be driven away by her family leaving Miyuki to chase after her. It hs been hinted time and time again that she is not exactly free to do with her life as she pleases and I'm sure that will come back further in the story.

Fantastic episode overall even with the recap in there. This season is coming on really strong, I lost count at the amount of times I was rolling around laughing. I'm sure my neighbors think I go insane once a week.
Old 2020-04-27, 08:59   Link #51
magnuskn

It's by far the best series of this season so far, at least from the ones I am watching.
Old 2020-05-02, 14:03   Link #52
4th Dimension

Hasayaka hitting hard for that best girl position, espeically with this MOST PRECIOUS and INNOCENT smile that MUST be protected

Also if anyone is interested this is what the flyer said because the scrubs translating this couldn't be bothered.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 14:40   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Is there a reason why Shirogane's student council ended so early? It doesn't make sense that they had to leave their positions before next one is elected. Who is going to do the work in the meantime?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 15:28   Link #54
4th Dimension

Well, if we are going to pretend it matters who is in Student council it might be better if the guys running for another term AREN'T in charge during elections

And it didn't end earlier than any other council did.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 16:48   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Well, if we are going to pretend it matters who is in Student council it might be better if the guys running for another term AREN'T in charge during elections

And it didn't end earlier than any other council did.
What I mean is that elected officials usually do not retire and abscond from their position until the next one takes the office.

That is not the case here, as currently there is no student council to do work. Why?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-02, 18:49   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been waiting to see that Hayasaka chapter animated! It didn't disappoint.

Osaragi's voice was not what I expected at all. It will take time to get used to.
Old 2020-05-02, 19:00   Link #57
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I've been waiting to see that Hayasaka chapter animated! It didn't disappoint.

Osaragi's voice was not what I expected at all. It will take time to get used to.
Yeah, I didn't expect Osagiri to sound like that
Old 2020-05-02, 19:48   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Props to Hayasaka for getting so much done within a single day. Yeah, she couldn't score the win, but that's a tough bar to clear anyways when he's already in love with someone. Probably a good lesson anyways for Kaguya to just not set off Hayasaka. It worked out alright this time, but best not to tempt fate.

I love how intimidating they make Miko here. Tough to handle when it comes to a 1v1 confrontation. A very powerful personality. But, yeah when you actually dive into her ideas then she becomes less of a threat. She'll just push people away and make it pretty darn easy for Shirogane to secure re-election at this rate.
Old 2020-05-02, 20:38   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Props to Hayasaka for pulling off that cutesy routine and laying there for 3 hours but got to hand it to Kaguya for standing there for that long of a time
Old 2020-05-02, 21:32   Link #60
Frontier

And the word for best actress goes to...Ai Hayasaka! Whether it be her role as loyal (but tired) maid Hayasaka, cute and pure highschooler Hayasaka, or peppy and outgoing gal Hayasaka, she delivers each and every role with gusto and finesse to make them all believable and real .

I think the only time we got to see Hayasaka without any kind of mask was at the end of her failed attempt at getting Shirogane to fall for her. That exasperation and reaction felt the most like a normal girl Hayasaka's age. Got to be frustrating to fail at something you didn't even want to do and only did it to prove a point to your indecisive mistress .

Suddenly that season 1 ending of all the boys and girls facing off against each other seemed foreshadowing for their reaction to the idea of Shirogane confessing to Kaguya. It seems like the idea of them hooking up is a big deal for the student body .

I love how Shuchin seems to have their own professional news service. For students .

We do see some progress on Shirogane's front where he's starting to come around to the idea of just cutting out the BS and confessing to Kaguya, but he still didn't have the guts to do it. Luckily Kaguya was able to resolve the situation in a classy, yet vague enough, way to keep everyone guessing and even confess in her own way .

Iino finally arrives! They had been building up to showing her face and it was worth it to finally meet this proper, righteous, and iron-willed First Year who won't back down no matter what. Miyu Tomita also did a solid job portraying her here. Already I think she offers a fresh new perspective to bounce off our main cast as they contend with her no-holds barred youthful idealism, and I can't wait to see more from her .

Honestly the thing that I found most distracting about Osaragi is that she's voiced by Rina Hidaka and you probably wouldn't even realize it. It's so weird not to hear her using her normal loli voice and voice a regular girl for once .

I love how nobody really values Fujiwara's contributions and then it turns out Iino is a fangirl just because Fujiwara played piano well as a child leading Fujiwara to jump ship. Which she then immediately regrets when she realizes how draconian Iino would make the school if she was in charge .

Last edited by Frontier; 2020-05-02 at 22:22.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rom com