AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2021-02-19, 14:59   Link #41
Tenzen12

Sound like that's name of character that just got introduced in translation. Aside of origin there does not seem to be anything particularly interesting about her.
Old 2021-02-19, 16:47   Link #42
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Sound like that's name of character that just got introduced in translation. Aside of origin there does not seem to be anything particularly interesting about her.
I think that was part of the point. She's kept so isolated she never learned to actually be a person. Earth was mostly interested in getting the psycho bitch to let her go and actually live instead of try and use her to recreate Treiner.

She was almost literally a living McGuffin.
Old 2021-02-19, 18:33   Link #43
tsunade666

I'm currently at part 5.

krone actually knows and understand Earth the most.

Yes she's innocent and pure. She doesn't know much of the outside world and because she's pure. She can see through people's desire and wishes easily.

She's the only one that pointed out what Earth really feels. Earth doesn't understand it too but trainer knew but he kept it silent and let the child understand what he wants. But Krone see past through it. She can judge you for who you are and for Earth. That means everything.

Sadis being close to earth? lol. She is probably the closes in physical terms but in terms of what matters to Earth, she is the farthest. The same with his childhood friends and parents.

THEY DON'T UNERSTAND EARTH.

They assume and labeled Earth with their own preconception.

That's why I don't like her. the same for the others of the imperial people.

Sadis liked Earth but she liked the idealized earth.

When Sadis and Earth confronted at the end of part 4. that shatters and she finally understand that Earth grew past her.

Earth is still physically attracted to her. PHYSICALLY.

Shinobu might be the same age as Earth but Earth is boob man, even though he is also a man of culture that likes slender legs that shinobu has, he still look at her DFC chest.

Krone is too young for Earth. 2 or more years younger. He isn't attracted to her physical appearance but he found her cute.

But that is only in physical aspect.

Because of Sadis conditioning on littleman/boy/Earth.

Earth is pure at heart.

He wants romance. Heart to heart stuff.

Shinobu is the one who knew his secrets because they exchange diary and try to court like a new budding couple.

While Krone is the one who supported him emotionally. When he is down for the count, she is there to either pull him up or throw him down to edge to finally see what's beyond. She is the one who is mostly connected to him via emotional understanding.

In terms of like, when Sadis is doing her usual physical boobs bating. Earth was manage to stop himself for a bit because he remembers Shinobu and Krone man, the boob guy had matured and finally thinks with his heart

good story. I'm at part 5 and jamdiel or dark Valkyrie is causing trouble.
Old 2021-02-19, 18:40   Link #44
XFire
150% done

Yeah, gonna have to disagree with you there.

Sadis was the only one who never forced anything on Earth, which is what lead him to be so attached to her in the first place. She never cared about his abilities beyond them being related to what he wanted to do.

She was deliberately trying to restrain her own feelings for him out of respect for his parents (who wanted him to be with the princess) but also said that if he asked her again after becoming an adult she was planning to abandon everything and run off with him.

She never cared about the "ideal" version of Earth because she never saw it at all. He was always just her "little man" that she was trying very hard to not fall in love with and failing badly.
Old 2021-02-19, 18:53   Link #45
tsunade666

and I disagree with you there. Sadis is the closest to him but she still didn't understand him. As for molding him to his ideals, its just her teaching that leads to current earth. its a nice earth and I find it funny and lovable but the current earth is mostly influence with sadis guiding him. He follows through her instructions and all but to me, she's mostly baiting him around. I know she restrain herself but to the people around her can't understand if she would really do it or not, probably not the mother or the big sister to her, she probably understand that sadis is just restraining herself but tried to view it from Earth's perspective.

Earth is in earnest like her since he was young. He tried to follow her around and do what she wants but she just baited him around because she restrain herself for what the other wants. Other wants the princess and earth to be married and she comply. even though she should know that earth like her the most but she retrained herself but look at earth's pov from that.

Isn't that just sad?

The girl you like is just baiting you around.

While if Earth still continue to pursue Sadis around even later on, she would just go elope with Earth but that didn't happen. Because trainer appeared and Show another path for Earth that just being messed around in the imperial city.

To trainer at first, Earth is just a spoiled brat that complains even though his living the life but that is again, in physical aspect. living in the imperial city is emotional torture to him. The boy wants recognition. an emotional support that was given to him by the great demon king. no one in the imperial had given him that.

I don't like Sadis or anyone from his past.
Old 2021-02-19, 19:26   Link #46
Tenzen12

It's not baiting if girl is actually willing go out with you lol. She also did give him plenty of emotional support in times when he needed it most. Now he is in pretty good spot and having Krone or two around make little difference.

Earth in matter of fact was quite spoiled brat and majority of his problems could be solved by simply properly talking everything out. Afterall when he actually did spoke his mind in the end, everyone accepted it. Not that he would know as he run away from home before he could hear it.

MC isn't saint wronged by everyone. Mistakes were made on both sides, but in the end it was just that, a mistakes.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2021-02-19 at 19:48.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 20:44   Link #47
joako210293
goomoonryong666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's not baiting if girl is actually willing go out with you lol. She also did give him plenty of emotional support in times when he needed it most. Now he is in pretty good spot and having Krone or two around make little difference.

Earth in matter of fact was quite spoiled brat and majority of his problems could be solved by simply properly talking everything out. Afterall when he actually did spoke his mind in the end, everyone accepted it. Not that he would know as he run away from home before he could hear it.

MC isn't saint wronged by everyone. Mistakes were made on both sides, but in the end it was just that, a mistakes.
thats right, Eirth is not a saint nor perfect, algong of the series is show how Trayner (demon lord) teach Eirth about life and other suffs, like having preconceptions of things that he dont know, like when he befriend Aka (nice red ogre).

its true that almost nobody comprend him, but its also can be said about him too, he was a spoiled brat who pretend to be understood but never understood others very well.

its something complex if you want to signale the rights and wrongs to one or other in this novel
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 02:07   Link #48
XFire
150% done

The story is pretty upfront about the fact that Earth was at least partially at fault for his problems. While no one was able to see how he was suffering, he was the one who created the false ideal everyone held him to. More than that, not a single one of his friends or family doubted he would live up to it, despite his slump.

And once they realized how he had been feeling (again, something he desperately tried to hide) they all feel terrible and are basically following him across the planet to beg for a second chance.

His friends and family are definitely flawed (and while I don't remember why I seem to recall the princess not really figuring it out like the others) they still genuinely loved Earth and wanted the best for him.
Old 2021-02-20, 04:14   Link #49
tsunade666

I for one think that Earth is more of a normal spoiled brat. A realistic spoiled brat.

I agree that he has problems but if you view him as a rebellious pre-teen/puberty boy. he seems normal. Even trainer views him as rebellious spoiled brat.

He was showered with lots of material love and support from his parents and friends. His family has expectation but they just view it as a wall that he will eventually pass through. To them, he is just an ordinary kid but to his surrounding that pushed with their expectations on him. Being the leader of the 2nd generations of hero. the son of the hero. that expectation that he didn't manage to meet. He tried to follow through but he ended up lacking.

He is talented. He is strong and he works hard but he felt short from the expectation and that torments him. for an ordinary boy that tried to live up to the expectations of the people around him. that would be crushing him. psychosocially.

You might say that its all in his mind but facing it yourself would be hard. especially with him being have a weak heart. having a weak emotional support and such.

I would agree that there are blames on both sides and I would agree that I didn't actually liked Earth at the beginning. His full of whining. its annoying.

But if you sit back and relax and view him as an ordinary boy. And have no expectations on him. I ended up enjoying it.

If your spoiled by too mature and know it all brats in other manga/light novel. you would probably blame earth a lot. he felt a lot of lacking to be honest. I'm especially annoyed when he let that rabbit go -_- he wants to eat meat and doesn't want to eat snake or rat >_> in the middle of the forest.... talking about spoiled brat that doesn't know anything outside of his home.

But. then again. he grows on me when I just view him as an ordinary boy and not a genius one. Just like trainer viewed him as not special. unlike his friends. He won't have a specialty which is why he aims to learn it all. a generalist.

as for sadis not molding him as her ideal. lol. I can't remember who is the one who suggest the exchange diary. be it shinobu or earth but man, the ideal of earth in courtship is plain old..... stupid romance novel >_> especially that you must confess under the legendary tree! while everyone find him stupid and tried to correct his view of love, Sadis is the one who agrees with it. Well, she is the one who said it to him. She might not push him that far and just look at him. acting as a guide but to me. she is as much to blame as the current problem. The parents are busy at work and always absent in taking care of their child is a normal thing in the society but to her who is the closest to him, and not to notice his emotional problem? I blame her the most -_- well that is my opinion on the matter. Which is why when Earth had graduated on his feelings towards her. I was happy. it show maturity to me.

I'm reading part 5 and it shows the winged race. Typical arrogant race. they believe the surface dwellers and devils are insects and animal. annoying villain for the arc. also heartless too. blowing a town just to show as warning.

This arc also shows how weak Earth is and how different this story to the relatively popular trend lately with OP MC that wins as always. solving problem by beating up the enemy, even a nation.
Old 2021-02-20, 05:34   Link #50
Tenzen12

She did notice and she gave him her full support though. That's one of reasons he was so into her.
Old 2021-02-27, 18:20   Link #51
Gerard07

Hmm, would you give me more spoliers from Shinobu and especially from Kron please? , from what I've seen are the best waifus in the novel.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 20:11   Link #52
zztop

Looked up the LN's current status in Japan.

Publisher hasn't released any new volumes since Vol 2 came out in March 2020, and it's been a full 1 year since.
https://www.es-novel.jp/booktitle/93kindanshitei_r.php

WN is still going strong, so there shouldn't be any problem with the output.

...What if the publisher's axe has struck?!
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 09:41   Link #53
zztop

Author ended Kindan Shitei's WN recently.

From what I made of it, it ends on a "MC's adventure continues on" note. It ended a plot arc, but there will still many loose unfinished plot threads.

Author's reason was that even though they'd ideas for future plot developments, it would take up too much of their time to finish writing up all the storyline threads and it was better for them to end the story here. https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9185fm/433/

Quote:
ご愛読ありがとうございました。またどこかで作者をよろしくお願いします。

カクヨムと重複投稿をずっと続けている本作ですが、色々と考えましたが、この物語は一旦区切らせて頂こうと 思います。これから先の展開は色々考えていたのですが、全部書き終わるのに相当な話数と、自分のほかにやり たいことに対する時間配分とかを考えるとどうしても書ききれる自信もないので、潔くこの場で締めたいと思い ます。

2019年からだいぶこの作品に集中して書いておりましたので、色々とありがとうございました。書籍化やら コミカライズ化やらと貴重な経験もさせていただきました。連載当初は第一章で完結の予定、去年の十二月の時 点では第七章で完結の予定でもありましたが、商業がちょいちょい絡むこともあったので無理やり引き延ばして おりましたが、それでもここらで区切りたいと思います。

大変お世話になりました。

本作はここで完結します。外伝やらafter story(第9章)やらは別のサイトでやろうと思います。気になる方は探し出してください。どこで、カク かヨムことができるかを書くと問題になりますので……

それではまた、いつの日か!
I suspect this is shorthand for author saying they're tired of focusing on this story (which they've been writing since 2019) and want to try writing something else + resume work on Nagai Nagaikoto.

Author is also continuing Kindan Shitei on Kakuyomu but ATM they are only writing sidestory content. https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054918478427

So far, the sidestories are main story events told from the perspective of other characters.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-24, 14:55   Link #54
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

The author says himself there that it's a combination of it'd take a lot of chapters to finish everything and consideration of time for other things he wants to do.

Also this series was originally going end with just the first arc...then the seventh arc, and he had been forcefully extending it due to commercial reasons.
Old 2022-12-31, 22:58   Link #55
Saiz

Any spoiler for what happen next? Considering it seems author did continue their work till 550ish chapter now
Saiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
definitely harem, demon king, disciple, harem, hero's son, not harem