AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-23, 08:04   Link #41
AntonKutovoi

Lol, another case, another murderous prosecutor.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 08:25   Link #42
alex_drian

Ok, it wasn't awesome but a good filler overall, again I'd wish Ace Attorney to be an anime of long duration +50 episodes like the Layton series that none discuss and almost none care but is pretty good. Only imagine it, the plot of the games in 50+ episodes, between episodes with Phoenix, Maya, sometimes Pearl, sometimes Edgeworth and even sometimes Franziska. Between serious and silly thing, a murder here and there.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 10:06   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Pretty good filler, all in all.

Two complaints:
- Richman disconnected the cars before Phoenix and Maya evacuated.
- that blackmailing plan was stupid. All he could prove is that the prosecution dropped the ball in one case, and to do that, he'd have to confess to being a murderer.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 18:31   Link #44
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Pretty good filler, all in all.

Two complaints:
- Richman disconnected the cars before Phoenix and Maya evacuated.
- that blackmailing plan was stupid. All he could prove is that the prosecution dropped the ball in one case, and to do that, he'd have to confess to being a murderer.
He is a hitman, I don't think he have a lot to lose aside his freedom if he is caught, on the other hand the Prosecutor...oh, but wait, in Ace Attorney the punishment for a cool blood murder is death penalty, right?
Old 2018-12-24, 02:45   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
He is a hitman, I don't think he have a lot to lose aside his freedom if he is caught, on the other hand the Prosecutor...oh, but wait, in Ace Attorney the punishment for a cool blood murder is death penalty, right?
It can be. And it's not like he'd been caught, as such. His plan was to, out of nowhere, admit to being a murderer (when he wasn't a suspect at all, yet) to try and tar the prosecutor. But unless he had evidence he actually was hired by the prosecution (which I bet he hadn't, and probably wasn't, he was hired by some merchant council), like I said, all he could prove was that Turnbull had one instance of incompetence. Embarrassing, but not damning. And to do that, he'd have to change his status from free man to convicted murderer. In Turnbull's place, I'd have called his bluff.
Old 2018-12-24, 15:09   Link #46
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
It can be. And it's not like he'd been caught, as such. His plan was to, out of nowhere, admit to being a murderer (when he wasn't a suspect at all, yet) to try and tar the prosecutor. But unless he had evidence he actually was hired by the prosecution (which I bet he hadn't, and probably wasn't, he was hired by some merchant council), like I said, all he could prove was that Turnbull had one instance of incompetence. Embarrassing, but not damning. And to do that, he'd have to change his status from free man to convicted murderer. In Turnbull's place, I'd have called his bluff.
A hitman accusing a prosecutor of conspiring with him would actually have more impact than you think. Not only would it be all over the news but as far as I know some prosecutors in the US are actually elected.
Even if that wasn't the case though, the accusation would stand and Turnbull would at the very least loose his job as none of his superiors would want to take the fall when it turns out to be true

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 15:38   Link #47
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
A hitman accusing a prosecutor of conspiring with him would actually have more impact than you think.
And unsubstantiated accusation? Why would anyone lend it weight?

Quote:
Not only would it be all over the news but as far as I know some prosecutors in the US are actually elected.
Even if that wasn't the case though, the accusation would stand and Turnbull would at the very least loose his job as none of his superiors would want to take the fall when it turns out to be true
How would it turn out to be true? How would it be proven to be more than another crackpot conspiracy theory?

And firing Turnbull might make it look like there is something to it, so his superiors might hesitate to do that.

OTOH, improvising a murder might get you caught. As, indeed, it happened. So, again, I'd have called the killer's bluff.
Old 2018-12-25, 00:58   Link #48
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
And unsubstantiated accusation? Why would anyone lend it weight?

How would it turn out to be true? How would it be proven to be more than another crackpot conspiracy theory?

And firing Turnbull might make it look like there is something to it, so his superiors might hesitate to do that.

OTOH, improvising a murder might get you caught. As, indeed, it happened. So, again, I'd have called the killer's bluff.
It's real world logic, get that to the press (and believe me it would get there) and it would be over for Turnbull. An investigation by the FBI would follow and soon someone would see exactly what Edgeworth has seen.
Someone getting themself a guaranteed prison sentence is nothing to be laughed at.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-12-25, 02:19   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
It's real world logic, get that to the press (and believe me it would get there) and it would be over for Turnbull. An investigation by the FBI would follow and soon someone would see exactly what Edgeworth has seen.
Someone getting themself a guaranteed prison sentence is nothing to be laughed at.
What Edgeworth has seen is one instance of incompetence. Again, embarrassing, but not damning. Not illegal.
Old 2019-01-06, 06:43   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it just me opr has this show been on hiatus for 2 weeks + now?
The next EP won't air before Jan 19th... In Japan.

Old 2019-01-06, 20:50   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Is it just me opr has this show been on hiatus for 2 weeks + now?
The next EP won't air before Jan 19th... In Japan.
Yeah, but it will be a special episode that is longer than 24 minutes. It seems they plan to do the next story in one episode.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-09, 02:42   Link #52
Mister Twit

I hear the next episode is delayed to the 19th because of Detective Conan getting its own double-length special right before the timeslot where Ace Attorney airs.

Anyway now that I'm caught up on the filler I'm more than a little stupefied by the murder method used on Gale. It's poor writing that he was stabbed and yet no traces of blood were found. If you plan to hide a body doesn't it make more sense to use a cleaner method? What's more, how does one stab an assassin directly from the front without any struggle? Also Rick is one lucky moron if he thought playing corpse in a flaming room waiting to be discovered wasn't going to put his life in danger.

Whatever, enough of this filler. I don't want to think about it anymore.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 16:26   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep13:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 21:14   Link #54
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Do not read if you have not played the game
Spoiler:

I like the new closing sequence. Song is soft, and the scenes show the different relationships and cast.

Also, Mia looking good in her lawyer uniform, as always haha.

Last edited by magnumcyclonex; 2019-01-21 at 00:27.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 13:33   Link #55
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Spoiler for Regarding the spoiler tag above:

As for the ep:
And so the bittersweet parts have begun.

Or there is another anime-original episode. I totally forgot whether the things shown in the preview for the next EP were part of the original game or got added. Most likely added though.

I'll save my complaints regarding the bittersweet parts for later on.

Old 2019-01-21, 00:28   Link #56
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Apologies for the spoiler. I should not have assumed that viewers have played the game and know the relationships between the characters.
Old 2019-01-21, 07:00   Link #57
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You might want to edit it out yeah, but again you aren't really the one who spoilered it since the anime itself took care of it.

Old 2019-01-22, 08:50   Link #58
alex_drian

Oh, I think was a good adaptation of this important case, aside of the average quality. mmm Maybe the last breakdown of Dahlia isn't properly translated in anime so maybe a twisted face would be better. Also, was good for the years of wait to see young Mia and Dahlia animated, but holy fuck, I didn't feel it so much in the game that "Fennie" was fucking annoying, damn in place of Mia I wouldn't have given a 1/4 of the effort.

Oh yeah, I liked the OP, while is kinda average and lower to the OP2 in the season 1, here I liked so much the chorus. Yeah, it have me pointing and singing for a while.
Old 2019-01-27, 15:20   Link #59
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Translation concerns:

Spoiler:
Old 2019-01-27, 19:07   Link #60
Mister Twit

Spoiler for future case spoiler:

The filler episode was cute but I'm a little annoyed that it's going to reduce the impact of a certain key revelation later on. It's probably fine though.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote