AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-15, 03:08   Link #41
Darius Drake

The latest chapter (29) made me laugh.

Spoiler for Portion of a Scene, reworded:

Oh, and, the Author states that it's Not Harem again in the Author Notes, but the Translator Notes says to ignore it as the Author later retracts it (saying he won't say anything), and the Author's last two fictions were Harem.

Also, from the character interaction's we can see in the translations so far, it's probably going to be Harem.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-15, 06:47   Link #42
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
The latest chapter (29) made me laugh.

Spoiler for Portion of a Scene, reworded:

Oh, and, the Author states that it's Not Harem again in the Author Notes, but the Translator Notes says to ignore it as the Author later retracts it (saying he won't say anything), and the Author's last two fictions were Harem.

Also, from the character interaction's we can see in the translations so far, it's probably going to be Harem.
Considering that so far 2 angels have fallen for him plus possible interest from Empress, I seriously doubt his claim of no harem.

It's rather funny how both Rita and Etta keep breaking their angelic image whenever he's involved
Old 2016-09-18, 12:18   Link #43
obnuchious

well, there's a certain line in one of the recent chapters saying something about angels being too close with MC will 'fall' ... heck, even Erta's starting to think that MC can challenge their God . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 12:41   Link #44
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Spoiler for answer:
That sounds lot like what happens with DEATH and Susan in Discworld books.
Time stops moving forward, but the duration of the present continues.

For example, someone is having breakfast, and time is "stopped", so they keep eating their breakfast for what might feel like couple centuries, but in reality no time at all has passed, and almost nobody notices, and those who do, don't really care (because they are used to it, and probably capable of it themselves).

edit-
Started reading this, seems pretty good.
Though chapter 12 made me want to yell at the MC.
Don't just pick a job at random, especially when you can't even read the full name, that choice is going to follow you for the rest of your life.

Last edited by J4n1; 2016-09-18 at 16:20.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 16:37   Link #45
Darius Drake

^ In Diskworld, what happened is that those with the ability to moved to the space between seconds and generate their own time. Basically, they're outside of the effects of time, but can continue moving as if it's there due to having their own set. Those with a bit of, well, let's just call it the "divine", like Susan, could generate their own time to traverse that area easily, while "normal" humans needed mechanical assistance to generate time, and the ones who managed to do things like that were the Monks of Time.

In this, the "Time Stop" prevents the world itself from changing, but allows anything in the world to continue moving and thinking. Additionally, the MC's personal time was adjusted so that, while he didn't age, he was able to develop physically during his incarceration.

So some similarities, but ultimately a number of fundamental differences.
Old 2016-09-18, 22:59   Link #46
bludvein

It seems like it is going down the harem route unless Rita appears soon. Erta is clearly trying to steal a march by being extra helpful and jealous when Il Han mentions Rita or Empress, though Il Han doesn't notice.

Wonder if he'll manage to make his new spear an epic or legend grade.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-18, 23:04   Link #47
J4n1

Quote:
^ In Diskworld, what happened is that those with the ability to moved to the space between seconds and generate their own time. Basically, they're outside of the effects of time, but can continue moving as if it's there due to having their own set. Those with a bit of, well, let's just call it the "divine", like Susan, could generate their own time to traverse that area easily, while "normal" humans needed mechanical assistance to generate time, and the ones who managed to do things like that were the Monks of Time.

In this, the "Time Stop" prevents the world itself from changing, but allows anything in the world to continue moving and thinking. Additionally, the MC's personal time was adjusted so that, while he didn't age, he was able to develop physically during his incarceration.

So some similarities, but ultimately a number of fundamental differences.
That the "Thief of Time" time stop, where time is not merely stopped, but destroyed.
I'm talking more about the time stops you see in Death books like Hogfather and where time has, sort of stopped, but stuff keeps happening and people keep moving.
Old 2016-09-18, 23:18   Link #48
Darius Drake

^ In most of Hogfather, time wasn't stopped, particularly not for Death. In Thief of Time, the Monks were still using the backpacks well before Time was captured. And, in my opinion, Thief of Time is the best Diskworld book to use when showing how their Time Stop works, because it's the one that gives all (or at least most) of the details known about the Time Stop. Most of the other story's just say "Susan slips into the space between the seconds, and continues moving while everyone else is stopped".

Here, the "time stop" didn't work like that. Everything was still moving, it's just not Ageing. So no digestion, no muscular development, but no need to eat or hunt, either. I'm not even sure if the planet kept spinning, but I'm fairly sure that both Wind and Water kept operating as normal. None of that's true in Diskworld's Time Stop.
Old 2016-09-19, 00:52   Link #49
J4n1

Except time was stopped in hogfather.
It mostly happened at midnight, the instant when Hogfather brings the gifts, to everyone, everywhere.
Time did not move forward, it was just the present moment that was stretched forward.
Old 2016-09-29, 10:15   Link #50
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

so is this a harem?
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 10:19   Link #51
Salante

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCatWalk View Post
so is this a harem?
There are a few girls who are interested in him but our MC doesn't give a flying spaghetti about love for now at least.
Old 2016-09-29, 10:24   Link #52
TheCatWalk
The avid 'HAREM HATER!'

read till ch29, the translator is spoiling us? wtf, if its a harem stay silent about it.
TheCatWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 10:35   Link #53
bludvein

Quote:
read till ch29, the translator is spoiling us? wtf, if its a harem stay silent about it.
Even the translator doesn't know, so it's not spoiling. It's just the author takes back his statement about it definitely not being a harem(he claims later that "he won't say anything about it"). It's still up in the air.
Old 2016-09-29, 16:13   Link #54
Darius Drake

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Even the translator doesn't know, so it's not spoiling. It's just the author takes back his statement about it definitely not being a harem(he claims later that "he won't say anything about it"). It's still up in the air.
It's possible that it will become a harem. It's also possible that the Author received so many "It's going to be a harem, stop denying it" comments (due to the MC already having at least two, if not three, beautiful girls who he can relatively easily make a harem out of) that he got annoyed at them and decided to stop stating the truth and start saying "wait and see" as to whether or not it'll become a harem.
Old 2016-10-06, 06:22   Link #55
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
It's possible that it will become a harem. It's also possible that the Author received so many "It's going to be a harem, stop denying it" comments (due to the MC already having at least two, if not three, beautiful girls who he can relatively easily make a harem out of) that he got annoyed at them and decided to stop stating the truth and start saying "wait and see" as to whether or not it'll become a harem.
Make that possibly four girls since one of the girls he saved while in LA have an angel - Feyta - guiding her AND said angel actively seems to.play matchmaker for said girl - YuNa or.something.

Also, "No, you will get killed by Lita". LOL
Old 2016-10-06, 09:06   Link #56
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Make that possibly four girls since one of the girls he saved while in LA have an angel - Feyta - guiding her AND said angel actively seems to.play matchmaker for said girl - YuNa or.something.

Also, "No, you will get killed by Lita". LOL
Yuna is seemingly already taken and annoying to boot. I doubt she's a possibility.
Old 2016-10-07, 02:58   Link #57
obnuchious

but why did she said to her partner as oppa ... so unless they really aren't a couple and just siblings/relatives who just so happened to have good looks . . .
Old 2016-10-16, 08:12   Link #58
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
but why did she said to her partner as oppa ... so unless they really aren't a couple and just siblings/relatives who just so happened to have good looks . . .
They seem to be childhood friends, with Ha Jin maybe being interested but Yuna treating him like a brother. Or at least that's my interpretation. Whatever it is, I don't like her. She's basically a moron with a narcissistic bent and an annoying way of talking.

For those who don't know, EER is now being translated on https://kobatochan.com/ for some reason. It seems it's still the same translator so it wasn't poached at least.
Old 2016-10-16, 08:50   Link #59
obnuchious

well, that much was obvious, her being annoying and such . . . .

and we're all just waiting for Erta to finally and officially fall for MC
Old 2016-10-16, 10:42   Link #60
Aling11

Am I the only one who feels like the MC is the weakest part of the novel? I mean 1000 years of reading every book in the world, acquiring limitless knowledge, traveling everywhere, and he still acts like a clown who mostly references anime/manga/ln's. He feels the exact same as he did in chapter one. I don't know, I would expect someone like the second god of death from assassination classroom at the very least as someone who has acquired a ton of knowledge and skills and combines them to produce a variety of abilities. I mean I'm reading this novel, and whenever the MC tries to say something wise as a result of his 1000 year experience, I'm just reminded of myself in high school, whenever the teacher would ask me a hard question, I would secretly search up Google under my desk, tell the correct answer, and pretend I already knew it. I think it would just have been better if he was an MC like Muyoung or Hansoo, quiet and serious, and honestly, after 1000 years, I'm shocked he didn't end up like them. I really enjoy reading this novel but the MC kind of kills it for me, I'm curious if it's the same for anyone else?

It's really hard to write from the perspective of a genius, as it would take a genius to know, or at least be in close enough proximity with one to know their thoughts well. Even more so for someone who has supposedly acquired the knowledge of all the books in the world and a variety of experiences and can call upon their wisdom.
Aling11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
failed transfer, game elements, romance, weak become strong