3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-08-01, 06:18   Link #41
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I have to say that Cassim Eberhart is not a fanatic like Bogue Con-Vaart, but it's sad that he won't see his son planting his first apple tree.

Meanwhile, Hayate Immelman is getting symptoms of Var Syndrome after exposing to Freyja Wion's voice, which I have a feeling that she'll be sidelined after finding out that they're connected. But damn, she's in a trance on this week's episode! Speaking of trance, Mikumo Guynemer got the same thing and I saw some glimpse that she might be an artificial human or a modified Windermerean. Either way, it seems that Lord Roid Brehm has found Mikumo as Heinz's replacement in the future.

One last thing, I feel that Heinz's singing has affected the Aerial Knights' body thanks to some modifications of amplifying its power. It could get worse if the likes of Bogue and Cassim would strengthen their senses at the cost of their lifespan.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 06:25   Link #42
HirouKeimou

Spoiler for strap yourself in for the long haul at this point:
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 08:54   Link #43
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I have to say that Cassim Eberhart is not a fanatic like Bogue Con-Vaart, but it's sad that he won't see his son planting his first apple tree.

Meanwhile, Hayate Immelman is getting symptoms of Var Syndrome after exposing to Freyja Wion's voice, which I have a feeling that she'll be sidelined after finding out that they're connected. But damn, she's in a trance on this week's episode! Speaking of trance, Mikumo Guynemer got the same thing and I saw some glimpse that she might be an artificial human or a modified Windermerean. Either way, it seems that Lord Roid Brehm has found Mikumo as Heinz's replacement in the future.

One last thing, I feel that Heinz's singing has affected the Aerial Knights' body thanks to some modifications of amplifying its power. It could get worse if the likes of Bogue and Cassim would strengthen their senses at the cost of their lifespan.
Ya it really is sad he in all likelihood won't get to see his child plant his first apple tree
....I doubt Freyja's going to be sidelined ... Particularly since it looks like (judging from the preview of the next episode) both Hayate and Mikumo are currently incapacitated (they don't appear to have showed up for the meeting in the next episode).
Also we don't actually (technically) know whether or not he will consider Mikumo as a replacement, since it only showed Heinz's (his royal regalia got splendidly blown off) and Keith's (shocked) reaction (get why Hayate didn't react after all he was kinda unconscious (but still pretty okay...right up until he crash landed, to which I can say he's in all likelihood physical injured on top of mentally injured)).... Don't know if the video would even work to show what happened, there was a lot of power flying about after all.
What a cliff hanger.... Can't wait to see everyone else's reaction.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 10:12   Link #44
ValvraveTruth

Well the lyrics been translated poorly. Anyways I'm really impressed how the songs(lyrics) actually reflect their current action and event.

For those who are wondering what "lhued.jhar.rom.mayan", something like "in the name of the true king" to be closest translation, it has pass down to windermere royal family for generations.
Old 2016-08-01, 10:31   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Excellent episode.

Some thoughts on it:

- Freyja's meeting with Cassim maybe wasn't as plot relevant as I had hoped, but it was warmer and nicer than I had expected. Cassim's a good guy at heart, and I really liked his conversation with Freyja. I liked how he doesn't seem to be bearing her much grudge for her being in Walkure, and he even suggested that she come home. I really liked how Freyja and Cassim live in nearby towns, and made a personal connection that way.

- I'm very pleased that it didn't take long for Freyja to move on from the reveals of last episode. The love her and Hayate feel for each other has never seemed more clear and solid, with the Cassim conversation adding to it. Hayate/Freyja is truly a beautiful relationship, possibly this show's greatest strength.

- Mirage... She's fine in a support role. Her interactions with Mikumo were fine. And it's not impossible that she could still win the love triangle, but I would think that even Mirage's biggest fans would agree that a HayaMira ending would seem a little ridiculous at this point. I know this is highly ironic given my take on a certain other currently airing anime, but this is what I'd like to see - Mirage confesses her love to Hayate, Hayate says "I'm sorry, Mirage, but I love Freyja", Mirage says "I know, but I had to tell you", and the confession liberates Mirage. I usually don't agree with the idea of "I need to confess, even if I know I will be rejected, just to get it off my chest", but in Mirage's case... yeah, I think she could use this. Just confess to Hayate already, and take the likely rejection, and free your heart/mind in the process, Mirage. This may well be the only way to salvage her character now.

- ...They might really be making Bogue/Reina a thing, eh? Don't go down without a fight, Makina! Speaking of Makina, I loved how she rushed to Reina's defense here.

- Mikumo! Man Mikumo was so cool in the last third or so of this episode. She's almost like a weird blend of Sharon Apple and Sheryl Nome. Mikumo adds a glorious X Factor to this show. And in this episode, she provided a great cliffhanger.

- Hayate/Freyja synchronicity becoming so good it's bad. I won't fault HayaMira shippers for taking hold of this, but here's what I think/hope is going on: This is being done for 2 or 3 reasons. Firstly, this is to offer one more good challenge for HayaFrey to overcome. Secondly, I hope this is to force Hayate to become a great pilot by his own power - He will still love Freyja, but he won't be powered up by her anymore, he will have to defeat The White Knight by his own skill and tenacity! Thirdly, this might be leading into some sort of plot twist, but I have no concrete ideas of what it could be right now.

In any event, excellent Episode eighteen! Delta continues to be a very satisfying watch.
Old 2016-08-01, 10:36   Link #46
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Well the lyrics been translated poorly. Anyways I'm really impressed how the songs(lyrics) actually reflect their current action and event.

For those who are wondering what "lhued.jhar.rom.mayan", something like "in the name of the true king" to be closest translation, it has pass down to windermere royal family for generations.
Which set of lyrics all of them or Hametsu no Junjou or Love! Thunder Grow?
Old 2016-08-01, 10:36   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things are getting crazy. Though the odds are good it isn't just Freyja's singing, but that crystal. He might be fine if he takes that thing off and tosses it into a locker somewhere. Of course it also takes away his massive piloting boost which frankly they need to keep up with Keith so....I'm not sure where we go with this. Definitely getting to an almost Messer situation. Triggering an almost controllable Var that boosts the pilot up.

The Mikumo situation continues to be interesting and thanks to her that things don't go entirely to hell here.

Cassim is totally doomed. No chance someone like him gets to go home. Turning out to be too good a guy for that result.

Bogue....he's now transitioned his rage from Freyja to Reina for something that is entirely not her fault . I mean blaming her for you being attracted just seems....an interesting decision process.

Things are getting pretty nuts.
Old 2016-08-01, 10:53   Link #48
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I know this is highly ironic given my take on a certain other currently airing anime, but this is what I'd like to see - Mirage confesses her love to Hayate, Hayate says "I'm sorry, Mirage, but I love Freyja", Mirage says "I know, but I had to tell you", and the confession liberates Mirage.
I'm actually quite tempted to make a joke, here, but... I think I'll let it slide, for now. For Rem.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 11:28   Link #49
ReddyRedWolf

We finally got a name for those portals Mega Fold Gates. Which suspiciously sounds like Super Dimensional Energy Gates technology that led to the Protodevlin entering the universe.

From what I understand from Macross Chronicle Technology sheet on Space Fold says Fold can appear differently due to circumstances. Folds we see were it is instantaneous with a bubble effect is that ships are wrapped in a warp bubble and fold at short ranges while those which are not instantaneous or using portals are super long range folds. The third type of folding is at super-luminal speeds done by Protodevlin like Sivil and Gravil.

That said if the ruins are tapping into the Sea of Spritia through those gates no wonder it is affecting Fold Receptors and everybody else as according to Macross Chronicle the ethereal body or spirit exist in Fold Space. A Fold Amp that taps directly to Fold Space and it is activated by what looks like a Protoculture singer. On overload the system renders Freyja in a lifeless trance drains the life literally off Cassim like Protodevlin victims. Roid is really playing with dangerous stuff probably at the same level as the Protodevlin.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 11:33   Link #50
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yep, so far so good with my theories. Roid definitely knows too much compared to his cour 1 self (even the arabian expert on the ruins is surprised about the 'tuning' Roid knew about), and that Mikumo looks more and more like she was found and then experimented on (thus is a relic of the protoculture era).

What I didn't expect is Freya's singing actually giving signs of Var syndrome on Hayate. Apart from it being the obvious crack in which Mirage might be able to slip through, the implications of singing itself (and not just the Wind Singer variety) may be the cause of Var syndrome, or even the real downfall of the Protoculture era, is too interesting to ignore. I personally haven't watched the previous episodes with that in mind, so I'm really pulling that theory out of my ass with nothing to back it up, but I'm thinking of the old Macross adage where 'contact with protoculture would spell doom with the race'. At the time it was meant figuratively in that the Zentradi's way of life is going to change, but what if it was meant to be literal?

In any case, at least Arad and Kaname seems to progressing nicely. Was hoping more Mirage agonizing over Hayate and Freyja, but eh, I'll take what I can get.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 12:52   Link #51
magnuskn

The sub didn't add much aside from the Epsilon Foundation guy being surprised at what Roid is doing. Which begs the question how Roids agenda has changed so drastically.

Y'know, it'd be really funny if in the end suddenly a completely new enemy would appear from those fold portals...
Old 2016-08-01, 14:43   Link #52
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Y'know, it'd be really funny if in the end suddenly a completely new enemy would appear from those fold portals...
I would go for Gepelnitch popping through the portal muttering "Hey, I forgot my car keys..."
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 14:49   Link #53
zeross87

i really don't like those drugs-like fantasy and those yandere-like eyes

i liked the cassim part tho, he's a nice guy but faithful. and i liked how the show once again the chemistry between freyja and hayate
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 15:27   Link #54
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Aaaaaaaaaand now we see Bogue is one of those creeps who blame women for his own impure thoughts. Because if there's one guy who needed a flaw lest he be too perfect, it was him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 15:41   Link #55
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Aaaaaaaaaand now we see Bogue is one of those creeps who blame women for his own impure thoughts.
For what it's worth, his "impure woman" line was made up by the translator. He just say "you little girl" in Japanese.
Old 2016-08-01, 15:47   Link #56
Father Hentai

Quote:

- ...They might really be making Bogue/Reina a thing, eh? Don't go down without a fight, Makina! Speaking of Makina, I loved how she rushed to Reina's defense here.
This screams for a love triangle Bogue x Reina x Makina.

Quote:
- Hayate/Freyja synchronicity becoming so good it's bad. I won't fault HayaMira shippers for taking hold of this, but here's what I think/hope is going on: This is being done for 2 or 3 reasons. Firstly, this is to offer one more good challenge for HayaFrey to overcome. Secondly, I hope this is to force Hayate to become a great pilot by his own power - He will still love Freyja, but he won't be powered up by her anymore, he will have to defeat The White Knight by his own skill and tenacity! Thirdly, this might be leading into some sort of plot twist, but I have no concrete ideas of what it could be right now.
I think at the end he does not have to fight the white knight any longer because the real evil is now slowly revealing his face and Keith only seems to be a puppet. Somehow I had the feeling that Keith questions Roids words in this episode and if he is still following the wind.
Old 2016-08-01, 16:31   Link #57
Ura-dora

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The sub didn't add much aside from the Epsilon Foundation guy being surprised at what Roid is doing. Which begs the question how Roids agenda has changed so drastically.

And what do you think of the character development of the heroines Freyja and Mikumo thus far?
Ura-dora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 16:37   Link #58
Kazu-kun

I feel bad for Mirage. Not for the romance. Adding a love triangle in Delta was a mistake to begin with. I feel bad she's not getting any character development or at least some cool moments to stand out as a character.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2016-08-01 at 16:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-01, 16:42   Link #59
Mistyclear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I feel bad for Mirage. Not for the romance. Adding a love triangle in Delta was a mistake to begin with. I feel bad she's not getting any character development or at least some cool moment to stand out as a character.
Ya her screen time has dropped and now she barely gets any lines she kinda just disappeared for the latter half of the episode .
Old 2016-08-01, 16:46   Link #60
Wandering Soul

Freyja and Cassim's meeting was a nice and warm scene. The two did have quite a bit to bond over and I liked how there was no animosity between them. It's too bad that Cassim is carrying some death flags.

Mikumo's past looks like it will be interesting. I'm guessing she was either an attempt to recreate a Proto Culture Singer or she's a Proto Culture Singer that was found and experimented on.