AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-10, 10:27   Link #41
kitten320

Dia and Ruby being sisters is actually an interesting plot line, the only one I'm genuinely interested in right now.

Dia a raging Muse fan has it's appeal as well. Here hoping she gets to meet them and turns into blushing, stuttering mess or total love struck freak. Nico will love it though^^
Old 2016-07-10, 12:13   Link #42
Raviel

So...................................who was half-expecting to see either Maki or Umi in Riko's childhood flashback

I still can't get the crackpot theory that Riko is Maki and Umi's lovechild out of my head for some reason
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 12:49   Link #43
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
So...................................who was half-expecting to see either Maki or Umi in Riko's childhood flashback

I still can't get the crackpot theory that Riko is Maki and Umi's lovechild out of my head for some reason
The mother had black hair - it was Nico.
Old 2016-07-10, 23:38   Link #44
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
Well, I would say that Maki Nishikino is Riko's foster father!

Anyways, I feel that Riko Sakurauchi was initially a normal person, but I have to say that she's special.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 02:11   Link #45
chaos_animagic

end of ep 2,

I was on my seat worried they'll fall.... and Bad End...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 02:39   Link #46
inisipis

Quite an enjoyable episode. It doesn't seem rushed or slow to me, it seems just right. Good mix of light drama and comedy with adorable characters. Despite the references to Muse the show seems coming to it's own quite steadily.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 03:07   Link #47
Nork22

Quote:
Here's more flak for your theory.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-07-11, 04:08   Link #48
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@Nork22
Yeah, it's plausible! Also, let's add Dia and Ruby Kurosawa since they're both lovechilds of Nico/Maki and Hanayo/Maki, respectively.

Then again, I might be wrong as I vaguely remember a picture on which pair that made all 9 members of Aqours.
Old 2016-07-11, 06:17   Link #49
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
@Nork22
Yeah, it's plausible! Also, let's add Dia and Ruby Kurosawa since they're both lovechilds of Nico/Maki and Hanayo/Maki, respectively.
I prefer this theory:
Images
Old 2016-07-11, 06:19   Link #50
Raviel

This is getting a little out of hand, better stop it before the thread gets derailed any more than it already has
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 06:48   Link #51
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@Raviel
Agreed, it's getting out of hand!

Now let's go back to Episode 2 and I was wonder what happened to Chika's parents? I wanna see her mother and father (with his face being obscured) so much!
Old 2016-07-11, 07:08   Link #52
Ulin

Better second episode for me, even with the too much muse's references for my taste. I'm really glad they are not forgetting muse, but I hope this level of fangirling won't be kept on the rest of the cour, because I want to enjoy aquors and not being reminded that we could have got more muse instead.

The girls are pretty interesting so far, I didn't like Dia the first episode but this has put her so far from Eli that I can enjoy her without comparing with my best girl.

Really looking forward to discovering what happened between the 3d years and muse (maybe they compete against them in the second LL and lose big?) and of course, why Riko doesn't seem to know them.

And the best part of the second episode is that my wife sat with me and after two or three comments, I finally said "Ok, I'm going to rewatch the original series... and you are going to watch it with me this time"
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 07:25   Link #53
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

@Ulin
Well, Dia Kurosawa was initially resembled Eri Ayase in terms of being a student council president way before the Drama CDs and the anime.

Now, Dia-sama is different now that she's a hardcore µ's fan. Just hoping that she has that obsessive compulsive disorder from the Drama CD on this anime.
Old 2016-07-11, 13:44   Link #54
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
On a slightly more serious note, I don't see how Chika's casualness when it comes to muse somehow makes people think that she isn't taking this seriously. I mean in the end she's putting forth far more effort than someone who has only superficial interest in being a school idol. Anyone who didn't really want it would've given up already.
Agreed. Chika's love shows through her actions and enthusiasm, not knowledge. Dia-sama will be covering that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I certainly didn't expect μ’s to get brought up this much. In fact, one of my fears going into this show was the exact opposite - I was fearful that μ’s would seem forgotten aside from (maybe) Chika bringing them up once or twice. This franchise is going super-fast into a "new group" sequel, so if anything, I had expected a clean break from the past to reinforce that fast transitioning. Dia being a hardcore μ’s fan was a complete surprise to me. (To be fair, there are some positives to it - It makes Dia more amusing to me, and probably more likable)

That being said, I really appreciate the overall even-handedness of your post. I just wanted to explain in more detail where I'm coming from here. I was truly surprised, almost shocked really, by how much μ’s was discussed in this episode.
Thanks for the compliment. I did have to think my words more carefully than usual. I know this is a delicate topic.

Well, since Dia is the hardcore fan, I doubt this level of fangirling will be permanent. At least not until she joins, then, OH BOY Really, I'd be more weirded out if this didn't happen, since this is supposed to be a group inspired by Muse. Also remember that, unlike A-rise in the first LL, Muse can't be an adversary for Aqours, so they're free to fangirl hard without a conflict of interests. The only way I see the referencing get annoying is if they straight up say "we should do what this girl did to solve this personal problem" and it works. Let Chika and the others be themselves as individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Better second episode for me, even with the too much muse's references for my taste. I'm really glad they are not forgetting muse, but I hope this level of fangirling won't be kept on the rest of the cour, because I want to enjoy aquors and not being reminded that we could have got more muse instead.

The girls are pretty interesting so far, I didn't like Dia the first episode but this has put her so far from Eli that I can enjoy her without comparing with my best girl.

Really looking forward to discovering what happened between the 3d years and muse (maybe they compete against them in the second LL and lose big?) and of course, why Riko doesn't seem to know them.

And the best part of the second episode is that my wife sat with me and after two or three comments, I finally said "Ok, I'm going to rewatch the original series... and you are going to watch it with me this time"
Congrats on getting a loved one in the LL ride. And yes, it feels great to be able to see Dia as someone different from Eri, though to me is because I really want to like Dia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
@Ulin
Well, Dia Kurosawa was initially resembled Eri Ayase in terms of being a student council president way before the Drama CDs and the anime.

Now, Dia-sama is different now that she's a hardcore µ's fan. Just hoping that she has that obsessive compulsive disorder from the Drama CD on this anime.
She already did by freaking out over Chika's lack of Muse knowledge.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 15:07   Link #55
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Dia substantially improved, but the μ's references are a little much...
Images
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-12, 21:08   Link #56
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Another enjoyable episode.

I like the occasional call back to Muse, but they shouldn't keep using it as crutch.
They have to forge their own dynamic and themes. Of course, if they decide to let Yohane sing a Muse song, I will let it slide.

Chika is a Chessmaster in disguised.

I like how she gives Riko a small (but blatant) push into Idol Obsession. She manipulates and brainwashes the sweet, innocent transfer student into listening to the "devil's music". What a scoundrel!!! She's a real little demon.
Chika knows how to lure the lolis too. A con artist and something more...dangerous.

The rest of the episode, I discovered Dia is a Liver and probably attended the last live in full otaku mode. Ruby likes candy. You is beautiful. Yohane watches Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitta Luminis View Post
I'm guessing it's probably Riko's Piano Instructor.
The series was never shy about showing the mothers unless their trolling or baiting us now lol

Personally, I prefer this chart from twitter:

Images

Hey Nork, remember I PM'd you a while back and jokingly brought up a possibility of our "best sunshine's" getting paired up (with your You and muh Yohane) and you weren't down for it? How do you feel about this sudden revelation? lol

I still want muh otp btw.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2016-07-12 at 21:53.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 04:32   Link #57
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Hey Nork, remember I PM'd you a while back and jokingly brought up a possibility of our "best sunshine's" getting paired up (with your You and muh Yohane) and you weren't down for it? How do you feel about this sudden revelation? lol

If PV2 has shown: OT3! OT3!
Old 2016-07-13, 05:02   Link #58
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

You made a contract without realizing it.

I know we didn't know. lol

This is what it must feel like to be blindsided.
It's too late. Just accept it. She's fallen into darkness; A Little Demon.

Let the corruption ritual begin lol

playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-13, 09:00   Link #59
Karutaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

You made a contract without realizing it.

I know we didn't know. lol

This is what it must feel like to be blindsided.
It's too late. Just accept it. She's fallen into darkness; A Little Demon.

Let the corruption ritual begin lol

The chuunibyou is strong in this one...
Karutaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-14, 14:05   Link #60
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I'm hoping before they remove all references that they'd (or at least Honoka) meet face to face or something...