5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-18, 07:49   Link #41
Alf

Obviously it's a mix of different things. The streets look like conventional image of Kyoto, some building features look like chinese but the windows aren't, and then there are mongolian tents, and the setting of a strong feudal empire is obviously using ancient China as motif.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 10:05   Link #42
Haigi

I honestly thought the masked general in the OP was Haku himself after getting a job at the capital and progressing into the latter half of the anime. Guess I was wrong...
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 10:44   Link #43
ReddyRedWolf

Goodness there are two of him! It is gonna end in a kaiju fight?

When that general left Kuon had a strange look on her. I going to guess Kuon is from Tusukuru and is probably miffed some guy is imitating Emperor Hakuoro from her perspective.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 13:11   Link #44
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The moral of the episode ? do not taunt the big bird !

^^;
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 15:13   Link #45
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Goodness there are two of him! It is gonna end in a kaiju fight?

When that general left Kuon had a strange look on her. I going to guess Kuon is from Tusukuru and is probably miffed some guy is imitating Emperor Hakuoro from her perspective.
Actually, I though it can "King incognito" thing with Hakurou pretend to be general and interpreted Kuons expression as "Uncle Hakuoro fooling around again. Sigh". It's shame I was probably wrong
Old 2015-10-18, 22:02   Link #46
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Chocobo is awesome.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-18, 23:57   Link #47
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Haku is pretty cool guy.
With Toujou Jin's VA, he better be!

Kuon is awesome, doe.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 08:00   Link #48
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I loved the first series and I'm definitely loving this new series too. So far, Kuon is definitely a strong candidate along with Shirayuki (AnSH) in the "Best Girl of the year" Competition!

For those curious about the original first game, check some scenes here:

https://youtu.be/BYwHeyEAXaY
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 08:38   Link #49
dmaxzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvis View Post
with toujou jin's va, he better be!

Kuon is awesome, doe.
kuon is love, kuon is life!!!
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-19, 15:08   Link #50
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Kokopo is the most adorable bird ever, I love her singing voice. <3

Lolz at Haku being all indifferent of seeing Kuon naked and just walking away after taking a good look at her naked body. xD

I wonder though why those two thieves suddenly changed sides. Or were they working with the army from the start and the strong beard dude knew about it too?

Not sure if fujoshi princess is interested in Haku as a man or as a fantasy for her BL/ML fantasies. XD

How many races exist though? So far I see only two, the dog eared ones and the elf eared ones. Why does nobody questions Haku's weird ears or missing tail?
I'm honestly not even sure that Rurutie is a fujoshi as of yet. We know that she finds male friendship to be moving, even blushes over it a bit, but until we have a better look we won't know for sure; I've seen some characters who act like that and clearly just love the bonds and the nonsexual manly passion of comrades fighting for the same cause and other stuff like that.

As for the thieves turning sides, it actually sounded to me like they were never really on the bandits' side to begin with. The CR translation has the guy saying something like "looks like our alliance is over", but a more accurate translation might be "what she's saying is our alliance is over." It would definitely be a fair and sound concept to have a spy make friends with bandits in order to find their hideout.

As for Haku and Kuon, yes I'm thinking she was either too shocked to react when she realized or she recognized that she was the one who ran out. Either way though, she still feels like quite a hypocrite. She tells him that he'll be in big trouble if he peeks on her, jumps up and takes off in a rage after someone she initially thinks is Haku peeping, even throws a bucket at "him". This doesn't seem like appropriate behavior from the girl who made sure no one peeked on him bathing by plugging the peekhole in his bath with her eye.

Additionally, I doubt we will ever see Hakuoro in this show.
Spoiler for why:

Finally, has anyone else noticed that this series has a lot more fanservice than the previous season? Sort of odd, isn't it, that a piece based on a "safe" PS3 game would have so much more ecchi material than a work based on an 18+ PC game.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 12:25   Link #51
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I wonder though why those two thieves suddenly changed sides. Or were they working with the army from the start and the strong beard dude knew about it too?
Ukon knew about the plan to destroy the bandits and the two were obviously apart of the plan. Whether the plan was Ukon's or not is hard to say, but I'd lean to it likely being his plan.
Old 2015-10-20, 13:05   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, but are they bandits that made a deal, or were they cops (or the equivalent) that pretended to be bandits from the beginning?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-20, 14:57   Link #53
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but are they bandits that made a deal, or were they cops (or the equivalent) that pretended to be bandits from the beginning?
Considering how much the plan relied on the trustworthiness of the two of them, it would be far too risky to rely on a couple of bandits. Obviously speculation, but from a logical standpoint, I'd say that they're moles, spies, or some such.
Old 2015-10-20, 17:42   Link #54
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The way the bandit leader talked about their alliance, it sounds a bit like they're some manner of officials with enough clout in the capital to prove highly useful to the bandits. He did after all say he didn't expect them to come to him, suggesting that they had the sort of influence and connections to prove highly useful if they could be turned, while being low enough in apparent position to convince the thieves that they could be bought. I'd say they were either selected due to the combination of clear loyalty and a position that could convince the idiots of this, or they were asked to fake a lower position or greater dissatisfaction in order to deceive them. Whatever way it was, the bandits clearly made a big mistake in accepting their new "allies" following that demonstration of faith without first checking the cargo. Good or bad, you never let an uncertain ally into a hidden base on your first transaction, and you never take goods they procure for you in without first checking them out thoroughly. This isn't paranoid mistrust, it's just good sense.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 16:36   Link #55
IceHism

This thing is one of the cutest things i have ever seen. I love this bird already.

IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote