AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-05, 11:11   Link #41
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
Doesn't matter. The story of Heavy Object is interesting enough for me to enjoy all the same, so long as its world building and story telling are done well enough.
except have you see how object look like?
totally different than their novel description
Old 2014-10-05, 11:32   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I came home from a convention for THIS?

Oh boy, I hope that the anime would give the series justice, especially Nagiryo's mecha designs. Honestly, I'm not really worried about J.C. Staff adapting HO, especially since they did a great job in animating CGI that can meld well with 2D animation. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun's Powered Suits are a more recent example. And besides, the first time we saw those Objects animated was using a shoestring budget for a promotional PV. They'd probably haul in the Railgun team to work in this series for the meantime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-10-05, 11:34   Link #43
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
I guess this is a good catalyst for me to get into the Heavy Object novels, though. That and IntellaVillage are the only two Kamachi series (and Murder Princess but that one is obscure as hell) that I have yet to read...though, I did read the manga for HO and liked it. Hopefully, this will spur my interest in the LNs and actually get me to read them.
What?! Kamachi wrote Murder Princess? My hype goes up!

Seriously while I am not fan of TaMnI in particular, I am quite fond IntelVilage and Valtraute. I guess I will try read Objects for third time and this time not drop until second chapter.
Old 2014-10-05, 11:56   Link #44
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Probably not the Murder Princess you're thinking of.
Old 2014-10-05, 11:59   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Most likely not the Murder Princess you're thinking of.
Old 2014-10-05, 12:15   Link #46
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
6 episode for 1 volume?...nah...at most 4 for 1 volume.

I really hope sunrise get the project. They make good mecha

etc
Somehow, I'm on Fellen's side for this one, 4 doesn't sound like it'll cut it. I feel like 5, at the very least, is the safest bet if you don't want to butcher the contents too much.
Forget about it looking like an asspull, my main issue is that too many things happen in a single volume. Consider that, for 87,5% of the time, you have three chapters per book ; that doesn't sound impressive, does it? Now imagine that each one of them includes at least : some kind of chapter specific battle or conflict, political/military/MacGyver/Kamachi_science info-dumps, character sub-plots, penguins/Ohohoho!/boobs/sex_jokes/etc and the obligatory QuenserXHeivia bro scenes. The thought of having 3 times that much content compressed into 4 episodes just gives me nightmare.
Old 2014-10-05, 12:15   Link #47
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:

Seriously while I am not fan of TaMnI in particular, I am quite fond IntelVilage and Valtraute. I guess I will try read Objects for third time and this time not drop until second chapter.
Not the murder princess you're thinking of. A completely different and virtually obscure series all together.
Sorry if I misled you...
Old 2014-10-05, 12:43   Link #48
IceHism

Its an adaption of an LN so I'm expecting that it still wouldn't capture the essense of heavy object even after 6 episodes.. I'm not saying the LN is bad. Its that adaptions for them tend to be very underdeveloped and just gloss over most things unfortunately. Especially for dengeki bunko shows

Then again, its just an infomercial for us to buy the source lol so I hope the anime is well done in other aspects besides the story so kamachi gets more sales.
Old 2014-10-05, 13:32   Link #49
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Not the murder princess you're thinking of. A completely different and virtually obscure series all together.
Sorry if I misled you...
I didn't know there was more of them... well, whatever.
Old 2014-10-05, 13:36   Link #50
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I'm now excited to see the lovely Milinda.
Old 2014-10-05, 13:44   Link #51
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I'm now excited to see the lovely Milinda.
You know, I forgot that her name is Milinda. I'm just so usedt to calling her Princess/Hime
Old 2014-10-05, 13:50   Link #52
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
You know, I forgot that her name is Milinda. I'm just so usedt to calling her Princess/Hime
Yeah that's what I usually call her too. Someone mentioned it on first page so I got lucky.
Old 2014-10-05, 13:56   Link #53
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

On the topic of names i'm looking forward to hearing some of Kamachi's more insane names in Engrish.
Old 2014-10-05, 14:00   Link #54
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
On the topic of names i'm looking forward to hearing some of Kamachi's more insane names in Engrish.
To be fair, calling the giant unknown mechs Object actually makes sense. They might as well be UFOs that don't fly.
Old 2014-10-05, 14:05   Link #55
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
To be fair, calling the giant unknown mechs Object actually makes sense. They might as well be UFOs that don't fly.
I'm also talking about character names such as: Preyswell City Slicker, Fried Trustee, Alicia Sloppyjoes, Sladder Honeysuckle
Old 2014-10-05, 14:09   Link #56
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
I'm also talking about character names such as: Preyswell City Slicker, Fried Trustee, Alicia Sloppyjoes, Sladder Honeysuckle
Insane western character names have always been something that have their own charm when it comes to a Kamachi series (Flack Anchors, anybody?). I look forward to see how these names will be pronounced by the Voice Actors...
Old 2014-10-05, 14:14   Link #57
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Are you kidding me!? Someone tell me those are codenames
Old 2014-10-05, 14:31   Link #58
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Are you kidding me!? Someone tell me those are codenames
Nope! They're actual names in HO.
Old 2014-10-05, 14:33   Link #59
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Nope! They're actual names in HO.
I... I honestly don't know how to feel about that. I mean... yeah, but on the other side, those are clearly intentional. I guess it's Kamachi's version of cutesy military nicknames.
Old 2014-10-05, 15:09   Link #60
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Sloppyjoes? And I thought Osaf Flekehelm was bad.
Closed Thread