Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 04:04   Link #42
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Game's still looking good! Fingers crossed :]
Old 2016-12-19, 10:33   Link #43
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

The more videos that I watch the game, the more I want it now (compared to my previous opinion)! But it's still arena-type...but I'll still have fun anyway! I hope lol

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-24, 08:10   Link #44
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Now i'm a little confused... I never got a confirmation that I'm in the Closed Beta, yet I have the Beta Client in my Uplay and can download it... *shrug* Well, let's see what happens when it starts.

EDIT: Ah okay, you can check all your Betas in your Account Management. So now I have certainty.
Old 2017-01-24, 09:51   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've finally gotten a code for this closed beta. I'm ready for this!
Old 2017-01-26, 12:51   Link #46
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Alright! Got to play for a few hours and my Kensei is lvl 5 now.

Pretty fun, I'm better at this sword-fighting than I expected.
I'm still getting my ass handed by fast attacking Wardens and pretty much all Assassin-types though.
And I guess I will stay out of 1 on 1 duel mode.

Sadly you can't play a champaign level... would be nice to get a feel of the Singleplayer mode.
Old 2017-01-27, 14:57   Link #47
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Enjoying the beta so far. I've only played 2 heroes, but I'm lovin the Nobushi. Slow attacker, but has long range with poison attacks. Meant to annoy/harass. Have my eye on the Conqueror next. He is a beastly tank. I'm pretty terrible and Guarding so right now the Nobushi fits my play style. I duno if I'll buy the game yet. Plenty of customization and 9 heroes, but I definitely can tell this will be a game where skill level will exceed the fun meter and make people rage like myself. In the mean time, I'll be taking full advantage of the beta.

Old 2017-01-27, 15:22   Link #48
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Tell me about it... I already start swearing as soon I have to go up against a Nobushi and all the Assassin classes... ok Orochi and Peacekeeper are okay, but Berserker just trash me.

I just can't keep up with thier attacks... my blocking reactions are just to slow. *sigh*
Old 2017-01-27, 19:21   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Got up to rank 8 with my Orochi yesterday.... I love it but at the same time I feels dirty. I don't know if the class is still OP or what but most of the guys I duel with gets destroyed by Storm Rush/Deflect/Guardbreak into Double top light. I resorted to limiting myself from doing anything uniquely Orochi to see if there's a difference and there was one time where I almost killed a guy from GB > Heavy > GB > Heavy > repeat before stopping from disgust.

Trying out the Kensei now... And I'm guardbreaking and Parry baiting even more lol.
Old 2017-01-28, 10:37   Link #50
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Don't worry, as far as I hear in the Beta Forum, Orochi is pretty balanced now.
Nobushi seems to have the OP! card at the moment. As her attacks are long ranged, swift and poison you.
(Okay, there are also voices who say that all Samurai classes are OP)

I learned now parrying is pretty much king against the fast attackers. A parried Orochi might eat 1-2 heavy attacks from my Kensei, taking 2/3 of thier HP.
They then either then dodge my third unblockable or try to block and die. (Maybe I should use the "switch overhead to side attack" more ofthen)

Oh, my Kensei is level 14 now... but my skill isn't that much better, I just had some more time playing yesterday:
Old 2017-01-28, 15:08   Link #51
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Also, patience is key. Take your time when fighting opponents. Works really well with Nobushi. Poke, back up, poke again, back up. Rinse and repeat lol. For those that don't know, each hero has a skill list you can look up and play against bots. Great way to get to know your hero.

Old 2017-01-29, 12:09   Link #52
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Personally, I think Bots are even more dangerous then other players. Thier minds don't wander, so you always have thier full attention, they aren't prone to acting hasty and thier fingers won't get tired after some time of button pressing (except you rush at them and throw them down cliffs, they'r are pretty prone to fall for this... no pun intended).

I found out, the longer I play, the more prone I am to unconsciously press heavy attack during blocks... guess I try to parry everything, even though I don't want too.
And I'm still not at the level of fainting successfully... (I still have some trouble actually stopping the attack ^^)

Well, but I guess I stop now with the Beta. Shift work really took its toll on me this weekend
It's a fun game. Peer2peer wasn't as troublesome as I expected. But I hope they rethink thier decision.
I also want to know if the Singleplayer campaign is any good, the vids on the net look promising though.

Oh, and as some Warrior of Sunlight emblems keept popping up, I made myself a Samurai version.
Spoiler for :

Last edited by Kyral; 2017-01-29 at 12:26.
Kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 11:14   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-02-03, 12:14   Link #54
Raviel

So, on the Steam store page for this game it says it will need a Uplay account (which can be linked to your Steam account).

Has anyone here had prior experience with Uplay? I've never used it before but what little I've read about it wasn't exactly great.

Have any of you had issues with Uplay?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-03, 15:38   Link #55
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Wow, that season pass may actually be worth it. 2 new classes with each season. Except, I'm not getting the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
So, on the Steam store page for this game it says it will need a Uplay account (which can be linked to your Steam account).

Has anyone here had prior experience with Uplay? I've never used it before but what little I've read about it wasn't exactly great.

Have any of you had issues with Uplay?
It's just another application to run other games just like Steam and Origin except this is for Ubisoft. Haven't had any problems with it so far as I used Uplay to play The Division and Far Cry.

Old 2017-02-03, 20:15   Link #56
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

As far as I can tell, Uplay is fine. It's certainly better than EA Origins, which seems to have a bit of instability with its servers. That being said, it's just a client. You only need it running when you're running the game and can shut it down when you're not playing it. It does have a nice party system though that comes with its own built-in chat system if you're like me and not a fan of using chat software like Ventrilo or Discord. I used it with my friends a few times when playing The Division.
Old 2017-02-04, 07:47   Link #57
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Right, in the off chance news hasn't spread, we'll be getting an open beta next week 9-12 feb.

Still no Shugoki/Lawbringer/Valkyrie, but at least there's the Elimination mode.
Old 2017-02-05, 02:03   Link #58
Keila

How much impact does the peer to peer multiplayer have on your experiences with the game?
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 03:09   Link #59
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I had to work late shift so I was playing in the mornings, maybe the fact that not so many people in my region were online helped, but I was spared from the reported problems of teleporting players or insta death.
Game responded pretty good all the time.

On the other hand, my connection was on constant yellow, so maybe I was part of the problem.

At least ranked mode will have dedicated servers it seems.
Old 2017-02-05, 03:46   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
How much impact does the peer to peer multiplayer have on your experiences with the game?
Depends on the mode, for 1v1 and 2v2 it's non-essential for me.

But for the 4v4 Dominion occasionally I have some lag issues, Dark Souls style.