AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-21, 06:29   Link #41
Direwolf18

Things I want to see in volume 20.

1. RAVEL!!!! This novel is clearly going to be about saving the princess, in this case Ravel. They should share a kiss as well. This alone would make me happy.
2. I want to see some more Koneko, she has been quite the last few novels. Also she goes hand and hand with Ravel, their competition/antics are awesome.
3. Ise getting a little less oblivious. There are signs every now and again that Ise does have a brain underneath, and I would love to see it make some kind of appearance now that he seems to be wading in deep in political waters.
4. Ophis. I want a, "And Ophis appeared and everything just kinda goes off the rails". I know we almost always get them, either if she is popping out of the closet/bath, or appears to help beat up Azazel for presents. I long for the day where its a Ophis and Lilith duo.
5. Kunou, she is just adorable and I want to see some screen time for her.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 07:15   Link #42
saw2097

Personally, I think that Ise will train with Crom Crouch to use his Great Red and Ophis powers so that he can take down Belial.

I also think that no other villains besides Belial and his gruop will be fought next novel, as the author is burning through his villain roster and even had several defect to other factions, so he is going to need to keep a few on hand for the final battle between DxD and Rizevim's faction.

Spoiler for 18 and 19 and 17:

All the remaining Evil Dragons will probably be reserved for when DxD goes to take out Rizevim.

While I know that Belial is far more powerful than Ise, I suspect that next novel will be about Ise learning to use his Great Red and Ophis powers and that he will pull one of his strategies for taking out stronger opponents like he did with Cao Cao and Raiser.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 07:24   Link #43
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Is Strada alive? Cause if yes, I get the feeling that he might appear in the fight against Belial just to help DxD.
Old 2015-05-21, 07:37   Link #44
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Personally, I think that Ise will train with Crom Crouch to use his Great Red and Ophis powers so that he can take down Belial.

I also think that no other villains besides Belial and his gruop will be fought next novel, as the author is burning through his villain roster and even had several defect to other factions, so he is going to need to keep a few on hand for the final battle between DxD and Rizevim's faction.

Spoiler for 18 and 19 and 17:

All the remaining Evil Dragons will probably be reserved for when DxD goes to take out Rizevim.

While I know that Belial is far more powerful than Ise, I suspect that next novel will be about Ise learning to use his Great Red and Ophis powers and that he will pull one of his strategies for taking out stronger opponents like he did with Cao Cao and Raiser.
If I understood the spoilers correctly, Belial can nulify someone's "natural abilities". So if Ise is going to fight him, it'll be with CCQ. Unless it's another ability that nullifies a nullifying ability, which would be seriously underwhelming.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 07:38   Link #45
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
If I understood the spoilers correctly, Belial can nulify someone's "natural abilities". So if Ise is going to fight him, it'll be with CCQ. Unless it's another ability that nullifies a nullifying ability, which would be seriously underwhelming.
Uh penetrate.

He can use that to make his other abilities hurt Belial.
Old 2015-05-21, 07:40   Link #46
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Uh penetrate.

He can use that to make his other abilities hurt Belial.
But we don't even know if he'll be able to use both at the same time. Kiba can only use one BB at a time, and I seriously doubt Ophis and GR powers won't take a huge toll on him.
Old 2015-05-21, 07:52   Link #47
saw2097

Quote:
But we don't even know if he'll be able to use both at the same time. Kiba can only use one BB at a time, and I seriously doubt Ophis and GR powers won't take a huge toll on him.
Ise isn't using two separate BB at the same time, people are only meant to have one sacred gear at a time and unlike Saji's they don't mix. He was shown to be able to use Penetrate and his Dragon transformation ability when he fought Rizevim.

And the Boosted Gear is meant to be used to enhance other abilities, even Euclid used it with his abilities to drasitcally enhance his and that was a watered down copy.
Old 2015-05-21, 07:53   Link #48
jopjopjop

There's a teaser from another site and there are two lines that were not present from the one on honto.

Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!? The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2015-05-21 at 08:06.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 08:01   Link #49
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Ise isn't using two separate BB at the same time, people are only meant to have one sacred gear at a time and unlike Saji's they don't mix. He was shown to be able to use Penetrate and his Dragon transformation ability when he fought Rizevim.

And the Boosted Gear is meant to be used to enhance other abilities, even Euclid used it with his abilities to drasitcally enhance his and that was a watered down copy.
Still, those abilities are very likely going to be too much for him to use properly in one volume. They belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in the world after all. If he could just go and even boost them like it's nothing it'd be bullshit even for DxD standards.

@jopjopjop: So Rizevim wants to get the remaining power of Ophis. Not surprising, considering he just lost a Heavenly Dragon-class ally.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:16   Link #50
saw2097

Quote:
Still, those abilities are very likely going to be too much for him to use properly in one volume. They belong to 2 of the 3 strongest beings in the world after all. If he could just go and even boost them like it's nothing it'd be bullshit even for DxD standards.

@jopjopjop: So Rizevim wants to get the remaining power of Ophis. Not surprising, considering he just lost a Heavenly Dragon-class ally.
Why?

There is no logical reason that he can't use his boosted gear abilities with his Ophis and Great Red abilities.

He already did it against Rizevim in a smaller method.

Even Vali uses Satan abilities with his Divine Dividing, now Ise has something to balance it out.

And its not like he will learn all of his Ophis and Great Red abilities in just one book, just the ones thate are enough to defeat Belial.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:23   Link #51
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Volume cover should be Ise and Rias, since we need a girl. Just like v21 should be Le Fay and Kuroka.

Quote:
As far as we know, Belial can nullify clan traits. ie. immortality, PoD, etc. I'm not sure if he'd try mixing Great Red & Ophis's powers with Penetrate the first time (only if necessary I'd say), but he doesn't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
There's a teaser from another site and there are two lines that were not present from the one on honto.

Phenex sibling's life and death situation are unknown. Rizevim's trap is closing in on Ophis!? The Phenex siblings who suddenly disappeared from the game venue. With their whereabouts still unknown, the Occult Research Club becomes restless over the issue. At such a time, the DxD Team are informed of the irregularity occurring inside the pro league of the Rating Game.
So he's after a full Ophis most likely, meaning we're nearing the point where Lilith defects to [DxD].

~Are they informed of the irregularities or now notice them? It doesn't make much of a difference, but if Ajuka is hiding Raiser and Ravel it makes you wonder who's informing them of this and what the whole plan is.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:28   Link #52
Biohazardous

- I'd like to see what's going on with Ravel and Riser
- Lots of self reflection I want to know Ise's feelings on just about everything around him. (being a devil, dying, his dragon powers, his feelings for the girls, confirmation on his goal in case he has added some)
- Since this is about Ise you can argue it's also about Ddraig. I'd love to know more about him and see more development between the two of them.
- I don't think its too much to ask for more Ravel time since she is his manager it's almost given to have her around. Give her time to get closer to Ise too and learn a tad more about her.

I think training with Crom could/would be a good thing. I don't think he would unlock powers during training though. Crom could help him fully master CCQ which would probably needed to fight someone like Crom seriously without dying. The intense training would have his body as ready as it can be to unlock GR/Ophis. Then we just wait for the catalysis to unlock it.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:29   Link #53
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Why?

There is no logical reason that he can't use his boosted gear abilities with his Ophis and Great Red abilities.

He already did it against Rizevim in a smaller method.

Even Vali uses Satan abilities with his Divine Dividing, now Ise has something to balance it out.

And its not like he will learn all of his Ophis and Great Red abilities in just one book, just the ones thate are enough to defeat Belial.
He used penetrate once. After the first hit he just punched the fuck out of Rizevim with dragonified arms but there was no penetrate then, since his armor had dispelled.

Vali, the freak of nature that was feared by the grandson of Lucifer when he was just a little kid.

Considering how OP Belial is he'll need quite a few.

Every time Ise unlocks an ability, it comes with a price, most of the time is a high stamina consumption, but there are those that are higher (BB could be used only for half an hour at first, and LS will leave him weaker for one whole month) Those are Ddraig's abilities, he's got nothing on Ophis and Great Red. So yeah, it'll have some really heavy price for it to be used.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:34   Link #54
Biohazardous

Quote:
He used penetrate once. After the first hit he just punched the fuck out of Rizevim with dragonified arms but there was no penetrate then, since his armor had dispelled.

Vali, the freak of nature that was feared by the grandson of Lucifer when he was just a little kid.

Every time Ise unlocks an ability, it comes with a price, most of the time is a high stamina consumption, but there are those that are higher (BB could be used only for half an hour at first, and LS will leave him weaker for one whole month) Those are Ddraig's abilities, he's got nothing on Ophis and Great Red. So yeah, it'll have some really heavy price for it to be used.
I think the price may very well be his life in the way that it will stabilize and not fluctuate anymore. Their power is leagues above what the heavenly dragons had. Tapping that at the cost of your life is reasonable. He may pass out for a decent amount of time and his life stabilizes during that time. Possibly needing Kuroka and Koneko to help with it. If both are needed it provides more bonding for the two. Also helps give ammo to Kuroko if they will add her to the harem since some want that. Koneko also gets a little more time/claim on Ise too.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:36   Link #55
saw2097

Quote:

Oh and Ise who came back from the dead with the body of Great Red and the power of Ophis isn't a freak of nature?

Ise's base isn't human anymore, its of Great Red now.

He even mixed the power of both heavenly dragons and has mastered it, heck when he fought Vali, he gained a edge by using his own power against him.

So there is no reason what so ever to say that only Vali can mix abilities like that.

Every Boosted Gear wielder before Ise had other abilities that they mixed with the Boosted Gear's power.

In fact there really is no point to him getting the power of Great Red and Ophis if he can't mix it with his Boosted Gear abilities.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:39   Link #56
Biohazardous

I think he can and will boost them. I don't see him doing it when he gets it then since it will already overwhelm him. If he does boost or has his own version of snakes I see him falling out shortly after doing it. Maybe a warning from Ddraig that he only has seconds of use and he will die or almost die.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:43   Link #57
saw2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
I think he can and will boost them. I don't see him doing it when he gets it then since it will already overwhelm him. If he does boost or has his own version of snakes I see him falling out shortly after doing it. Maybe a warning from Ddraig that he only has seconds of use and he will die or almost die.
Considering that he is going up against the Rating Game champion, one of the strongest devils in the Underworld.

I would say that he will have to be willing to risk his life in order to beat him.

This is the strongest guy short of Rizevim and Sirzechs that he has fought yet, so playing it safe won't secure victory.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:46   Link #58
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Oh and Ise who came back from the dead with the body of Great Red and the power of Ophis isn't a freak of nature?

Ise's base isn't human anymore, its of Great Red now.

He even mixed the power of both heavenly dragons and has mastered it, heck when he fought Vali, he gained a edge by using his own power against him.

So there is no reason what so ever to say that only Vali can mix abilities like that.

Every Boosted Gear wielder before Ise had other abilities that they mixed with the Boosted Gear's power.

In fact there really is no point to him getting the power of Great Red and Ophis if he can't mix it with his Boosted Gear abilities.
Yeah, the body he has no idea how it work.

Ise didn't master the power of the HDs.

I'm not saying he won't be able to do it period. I'm saying if he does it in one volume it will be bullshit.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:47   Link #59
saw2097

Quote:
Yeah, the body he has no idea how it work.

Ise didn't master the power of the HDs.

I'm not saying he won't be able to do it period. I'm saying if he does it in one volume it will be bullshit.
Oh so he didn't use Divine Dividing to beat Euclid?

And he didn't use it while in BB to fight Vali?

If he doesn't know how it works then he wouldn't be able to use his Great Red powers period, learning how the body works is part of using the abilities.
Old 2015-05-21, 08:55   Link #60
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Oh so he didn't use Divine Dividing to beat Euclid?

And he didn't use it while in BB to fight Vali?

If he doesn't know how it works then he wouldn't be able to use his Great Red powers period, learning how the body works is part of using the abilities.
Being able to use it doesn't mean he mastered it. Mastering implies he can use it to it's maximum potential without any difficulties, which he can't. CCQ is still far from complete, and he still didn't achieve BB for the Wyverns.

He still has no idea how it works. Not even Azazel does. His dragonification isn't Great Red's ability, it's something othet dragons can do.