AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 15:45   Link #41
marvelB

So Adachi pretty much gets tentacle raped..... somehow, this doesn't surprise me.

Anyways, I'd definitely say that an assault from THREE devils at once is quite a worrying issue. And one of them is even another of those octopuses that possessed Saeki! I wonder if there's some way for Azuma and co. to manifest their weapons in the human world so they can be dealt with....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmmm... kinda wondering what's the connection between Hijiri and Azuma. Started looking at their first interactions, and its as if he knows something right from the beginning. The way he asks "Do you like birds?", as well as his assault on Cheshire Devil at the beginning is also a bit unusual. I thought he might be some kind of manifestation of Bunchou, which would explain why he quickly became overprotective of her, but I'm not so sure.

Yeah, I'm honestly convinced that Hijiri is the human form of Azuma's bird. We even had strong hints that point towards it during the 4th devil battle like the feathers that appeared when he protected her from the train, or the egg-shaped barrier he created. But what's particularly interesting is that he seems to be a "permanent" resident of the mirror world, judging how he was watching Azuma through mirrors (and of course, his recent talk with Adachi)....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-23, 09:56   Link #42
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I love how the author uses the simpler lines in the bulk of the panels to give the more detailed panels a very dramatic effect. Also, that's a very big axe.
Old 2015-01-23, 10:02   Link #43
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I wonder if there's some way for Azuma and co. to manifest their weapons in the human world so they can be dealt with....?

^Heh, and to think right after I posted this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, I really like that Azuma cared enough about Adachi to want to save him in the first place. Usually, she's pushing others away from her (not surprising considering how she grew up, of course), so it's real nice to see that she IS capable of trusting other people. Now kick those monsters' asses, girl!
Old 2015-01-23, 12:49   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I rather liked that Adachi was that worried about Azuma, like he actually felt better when he thought she had escaped.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 10:16   Link #45
marvelB

^Yeah, I liked that, too. Shows that Adachi is a decent person after all, despite whatever initial impressions he may leave.

Anyways, now we get Utou's story.... but interestingly, it's not concluded in one volume like the others so far. Also, I wonder if it's intentional that the chapter that involves a manga author being rushed to finish a rough draft.... is actually drawn in a rough, sketchy fashion, lol?
Old 2015-01-25, 12:32   Link #46
DeathMetalBunny

Adachi just looks like a ratty trash guy. He's actually a pretty good guy.

I'm a bit sad the editors back story is coming at this time and for at least 2 chapters so no interaction between Azuma and Adachi.
DeathMetalBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 21:38   Link #47
marvelB

^I'm pretty sure we'll get the second part of Utou's story at the end of volume 5, not before (since all the other extra chapters were at the end of the volume). I see no reason for that to change anytime soon.

Though, on the subject of waiting for chapters, here's a heads-up: It looks like the translators are taking a brief break from doing future chapters and are re-translating the first few prologue chapters in the meantime (apparently because they don't have vol. 5 yet). Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before the insanity continues....
Old 2015-02-14, 14:56   Link #48
marvelB

Volume 5 translations are now underway, baby!

Though interestingly, this chapter focused more on Ookura (bald dude) than Azuma. And now he's being hunted down by Pyramid Head Australia's devil....!!!
Old 2015-02-16, 22:39   Link #49
marvelB

Well, well, looks like we may be learning some of the truth behind the world devils soon enough. It also looks like Pyramid Head is far above the other devils shown so far in power and intelligence. Definitely looking forward to the Cheshire Devils' response to this....
Old 2015-02-22, 14:36   Link #50
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Gotta love how Azuma couldn't give even less fucks if she wanted too about what the hell is going on. All she really cares is killing her family, the rest is just white noise.
Old 2015-02-22, 16:07   Link #51
marvelB

So, stuff we learned in the last few chapters:

-Humanoid Cheshire devils exist!

-World devils basically become Pokemon after being defeated!

-The above fact becomes a bit more sad after learning that world devils are humans from an alternate world..... though Azuma couldn't give a rat's ass about it.

Also, Utou's face at the end of chapter 37 is priceless.
Old 2015-02-26, 14:02   Link #52
marvelB

LOL, Ookura

"I gotta go save the world! But first, I need my fix! *takes drugs from looters* DUDE, I AM HIGH AS A MOTHERF***ING KITE RIGHT NOW."
Old 2015-02-26, 14:03   Link #53
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

BrB, Saving the World!
Old 2015-02-26, 14:08   Link #54
marvelB

Also, I'm not gonna lie.... the chapter title made me think this would be about Kuroe, lol.
Old 2015-03-02, 23:58   Link #55
marvelB

Weeeeelity wellity wellity.... lookie what the dead bird dragged in!
Old 2015-03-06, 11:59   Link #56
Tormenk

Kuroe's turn-around was a really nice scene, complete with motherly new hairstyle. Wonder if Pyramid-head will spill the beans about the Cheshire Devils before his eventual demise. Even if he is the enemy he's proving to be a much more reliable source of information to the Alices than the the Cheshires.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-06, 22:00   Link #57
marvelB

^Definitely agreed about Kuroe (it'll be hilarious if she still uses that vibrator as a weapon, though ). As for Giger (Pyramid Head), I don't see him revealing everything regarding his own world before getting killed/captured. Though if he DOES become a pokemon for the Cheshires, I think it would be cool if he retained his sense of self and learned more about "our" world. I mean, the fact that he's asking the Alices their reason for fighting definitely shows that he's not quite as evil as he first seems, and is genuinely interested in them....
Old 2015-03-08, 13:55   Link #58
marvelB

Well, it's good to see at least ONE of the Cheshire Devils giving the Alices some answers. I also love that look on his face during Utou and Saeki's little romantic scene. I also hope we get to see some more antics between Ookura and his junkie war buddy in future arcs (granted neither of them bites it anytime soon)!

But going back to Utou.... I was actually a little surprised that the senior manga author didn't rage at him in the second part of his story. Sorta made me respect the guy ever so slightly (even if Utou sorta "cheated" to fix that one manga chapter).
Old 2015-03-14, 05:54   Link #59
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Utou is a real man ;_;
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 10:48   Link #60
marvelB

Nooo, Utou! And the worst thing is that this wasn't (at least for me) entirely unexpected. Promises to protect the one you love is a bit of a common death flag, after all. Now Saeki's gonna lose her shit all over again, isn't she....?