AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite banner background for Summer?
2 1.32%
8 5.30%
3 1.99%
16 10.60%
23 15.23%
53 35.10%
5 3.31%
13 8.61%
2 1.32%
6 3.97%
9 5.96%
4 2.65%
7 4.64%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-11, 11:42   Link #41
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
@Ryonea

I don't really see a difference through putting it into the test page.

But I do see a slight difference through your "enhancing the colors" link. It feels a little less cold to me when its colors are enhanced. The... tint(?) feels a bit warmer to me with enhanced colors. So thanks for sharing that.

This is just my own personal opinion, of course, but I much prefer the "enhancing the colors" look for that gradient (for a Summer banner anyway). What do other people here think?
Well, my point was that the bottom gradient isn't white but a yellow/greenish color instead. The blue forum skin has white area just under the placement of the gradient so we can see directly that the bottom shade of the gradient isn't white. I understand that some people might have a hard time seeing it (due to numerous factors, such as monitor calibrations of each computer). I too see it as yellowish color while in actuality it's a shade of green

Regarding that gradient (assuming it is the winner), I personally still prefer the original shade since I like working with softer colors (it is quite related to the monitor calibration thing I mentioned previously), but I don't mind some alterations as long as they're fitting. I guess it's up to the creator and the mods regarding that. As Pelissier said in the 1st page, things could still change despite the vote result.

And despite my preferences, I don't mind whichever gradient gets selected and I just hope I could find the suitable materials to work with it.
Old 2014-05-11, 14:05   Link #42
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I think summer should be orange and yellow, but after scrolling back and forth through I thought I was on LSD.

The gradients are pretty ambient here and it is a hard choice.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-05-13, 07:48   Link #43
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Seeing how this attack messed up this. The poll is ruined. Are we going to have another voting?
Old 2014-05-13, 11:06   Link #44
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Seeing how this attack messed up this. The poll is ruined. Are we going to have another voting?
No. Knowing that the forum was going to be taken down for maintenance, yesterday I wrote down the results. In addition there's a chance the poll will be back (of course, even if it does, it is officially closed).

TL;DR…
results
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The contest (which should have started around may 15) will probably suffer a slight delay, since at the moment there are still issues / matters to address.
Old 2014-05-13, 11:18   Link #45
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna be looking forward to seeing the banner contest once it gets up and running again.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2014-05-16, 09:50   Link #46
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Ok, the winner was the banner we expected after the first two days of voting. Considering the feedbacks gotten (here and in the staff section), I had the author make a few variants which have been considered. The fixed aspects regard particularly the brightness of the primary colour (lessened, to match the forum skins better) and modification of the secondary colour so that instead of white, it looked a bit more yellow.

Ultimately, we've decided to reverse the banner to give even more of a summer feeling (either grassy field pointing towards the sun, or simple sea water). So this is the final result, the banner that will be used for the contest:

Thanks to everyone who submitted gradients (to Ichigo-Sora in particular for providing gradients, variants and the winner) and to the voters. See you in a few days for the launch of the contest!
Old 2014-05-16, 10:08   Link #47
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Very nice!

Looking forward to seeing the actual banners against this background....

Definitely summer straw hats and yukatas and white summer dresses are in the queue! (At least I hope so....)