AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-05, 11:49   Link #41
jopjopjop

^Yeah. That's the only path for Asia, since it was already stated that she cannot harm anyone. It should be a supporting ability outside of healing wounds.

So, let's speculate on the other one.. Tsubaki's BB.

~Mirror Alice.... Cooldown? Or perhaps multiple mirrors? Or maybe it will be connected to his "love" for Kiba.
Old 2014-04-06, 09:40   Link #42
GDB

I always figured that her gear would end up evolving into a Resurrection Balance Breaker. Basically, someone else would get killed off, she'd snap and resurrect them with balance breaker.

And Gasper I assume would become a Time Mage. He can already stop time, so why not accelerate it as well?
Old 2014-04-06, 09:44   Link #43
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ do wonder can that power evolve into traveling in past & future I'm curious if it will happen

Lastly can Ophis gain a future power-up that is not related fusing with her other half.... Like the power-up come from spending time with issei and his friends. I know she is mascot but I hope Ophis can get at least some power-up
Old 2014-04-06, 10:52   Link #44
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
^ do wonder can that power evolve into traveling in past & future I'm curious if it will happen

Lastly can Ophis gain a future power-up that is not related fusing with her other half.... Like the power-up come from spending time with issei and his friends. I know she is mascot but I hope Ophis can get at least some power-up
She's twice as strong as the Heavenly Dragons in their prime together.
WHY would she need a power-up? She's probably still in the top 5 of the strongest beings.
Old 2014-04-06, 11:41   Link #45
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I always figured that her gear would end up evolving into a Resurrection Balance Breaker. Basically, someone else would get killed off, she'd snap and resurrect them with balance breaker.

And Gasper I assume would become a Time Mage. He can already stop time, so why not accelerate it as well?
Resurrection would break the series, it will become like dragon ball where death of any character becomes meaningless taking all tension out of any battle scene
Old 2014-04-06, 11:47   Link #46
GDB

Not like there's any tension as it is. Asia "died" twice (once for real, but revived, and once "faked"), and Issei's death had as much emotional impact as a baked potato. This far into the series, no one that we care about is going to die except MAYBE the likes of Vali or Sirzechs, but certainly no one on Team Gremory or Team Issei.

That's just not the kind of series it is.
Old 2014-04-06, 11:56   Link #47
lived_1714

A comedy series should have too many death, it's depressing.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:06   Link #48
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Not like there's any tension as it is. Asia "died" twice (once for real, but revived, and once "faked"), and Issei's death had as much emotional impact as a baked potato. This far into the series, no one that we care about is going to die except MAYBE the likes of Vali or Sirzechs, but certainly no one on Team Gremory or Team Issei.

That's just not the kind of series it is.
im not even ashamed to say this i cried like a little girl at those "deaths" if you didn't feel anything at those that's your problem.

giving asia a resurrection balance breaker upgrade would be silly since her sacred gear would get upgraded to longinus status and every fight from that point on would be pointless and stupid and you might as well just end the whole series right there.

like i said before the most logical upgrade for asia would be a defensive one since she's already reached a certain level on healing going any further then that would be too much and she can't hurt anyone so the logical option would be defensive so she can protect herself and her loved ones and we can finally get rid of that perverted fafnir who's sullying our adorable asia.
Old 2014-04-06, 14:11   Link #49
MShukyDeneuve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
im not even ashamed to say this i cried like a little girl at those "deaths" if you didn't feel anything at those that's your problem.

giving asia a resurrection balance breaker upgrade would be silly since her sacred gear would get upgraded to longinus status and every fight from that point on would be pointless and stupid and you might as well just end the whole series right there.

like i said before the most logical upgrade for asia would be a defensive one since she's already reached a certain level on healing going any further then that would be too much and she can't hurt anyone so the logical option would be defensive so she can protect herself and her loved ones and we can finally get rid of that perverted fafnir who's sullying our adorable asia.
I Doubt it will be defensive type...Azazel already said it will not too useful for covering her weakness(her defense), so Instead try to get BB, she should make something that useful for her defense, that is the little dragon Rassei. So, Balance breaker for Twilight healing is something that not related for defensive purpose(But if we talking about a chance for the sub-species one, it might be possible though).
Old 2014-04-06, 15:22   Link #50
Chris38

^ Azazel is not omnipotent ... since he was already been shown of being surprised about the development of the few Sacred Gear users among the current young Devil generation.

Not to mention ... apart from increasing her defense ... there is pretty much no sense in making Asia reach Balance Breaker at this point in the story, since her healing stat is already at a pretty impressive level and due to her personality Asia isn't likely to get any offensive abilities as well.

Finally Rassei won't be useful in rising Asia's defense for at least a few years and considering her mental state when she used Fafnir in volume 16 - Asia probably won't survive for that long.
Old 2014-04-06, 18:06   Link #51
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
Because fights have such a point now? Do you honestly believe any member of Team Gremory or Team Issei is going to die, ever? It's not going to happen, so might as well make it believable as to why.

Quote:
Yeah, because if there's one thing I've learned from this author, it's that he hates perversion and dragons and will do anything possible to get rid of them, right?
Old 2014-04-06, 18:45   Link #52
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

Quote:
Because fights have such a point now? Do you honestly believe any member of Team Gremory or Team Issei is going to die, ever? It's not going to happen, so might as well make it believable as to why.
To be fair, when you're at the level that only God-level and above can kill you, I think that's a good enough reason as to why they survive everything they go through. That, and overconfidence, in Cao Cao's case.

Quote:
Yeah, because if there's one thing I've learned from this author, it's that he hates perversion and dragons and will do anything possible to get rid of them, right?
Didn't Ishibumi say something on his Twitter a few weeks back about how he made a mistake with Fafnir's role, which caused Asia some mental instability at times?
Old 2014-04-06, 18:46   Link #53
G147

Knowing Asia's personality she might accidentally revive the enemy too, just for a stupid reason like i don't like to see anyone hurt/die too. So the resurrection ability is best not to go to someone like Asia.

@Gary29, i think that was a joke from Ishibumi's side. Ishibumi is clearly having too much fun with Fafnir Well Ishibumi only said he made a mistake with Fafnir's role cause Fafnir hasn't been protecting Asia like he was supposed to be, instead Fafnir was just doing perverted stuff to Asia without really doing his job.
Old 2014-04-06, 18:57   Link #54
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
She's twice as strong as the Heavenly Dragons in their prime together.
WHY would she need a power-up? She's probably still in the top 5 of the strongest beings.
I know maybe it's just me
Old 2014-04-06, 23:24   Link #55
jopjopjop

Resurrection? There's already one and it's a Longinus. Sephiroth Graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShukyDeneuve View Post
I Doubt it will be defensive type...Azazel already said it will not too useful for covering her weakness(her defense), so Instead try to get BB, she should make something that useful for her defense, that is the little dragon Rassei. So, Balance breaker for Twilight healing is something that not related for defensive purpose(But if we talking about a chance for the sub-species one, it might be possible though).
That's not what Azazel said. You merged two different topics in their conversation.
Old 2014-04-07, 02:04   Link #56
aw454wtr

Wasn't Asia learning summoning magic in vol 14, while she won't attack on her own she could summon non-living beings like elementals,golems, or wolf and bear spirits (like druids) to defend herself and attack enemies
Old 2014-04-07, 02:19   Link #57
jopjopjop

Nothing can beat Fafnir >.< So, Asia.... suck it up and prepare some panties!!!
Old 2014-04-07, 02:39   Link #58
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Wasn't Asia learning summoning magic in vol 14, while she won't attack on her own she could summon non-living beings like elementals,golems, or wolf and bear spirits (like druids) to defend herself and attack enemies
Considering the fact that Asia is a Bishop and it has been mentioned that she has a pretty high amount of magic power, I think that it's quite possible that she might learn how to use summoning magic to rise her defensive and offensive abilities.

But it doesn't change the fact that her Balance Breaker might also have some defensive capabilities to increase her chances of surviving an enemy attack in case she doesn't manage to activate her magic in time.

Furthermore it's not like she can use Fafnir all the time ... for example during a Rating Game, since I think that he sort of falls into the Familiar category...
Old 2014-04-07, 03:42   Link #59
jopjopjop

Well, it's not like familliars are banned in Rating Games, I'm sure he can still be used but there will be restriction on what he can do.
Old 2014-04-07, 03:53   Link #60
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quick question is there a limit how many familiar you can summon in rating game ?

On a slight different topic if the gremory become teacher in sona school what will be there subject they are teaching?

1. Do you think that once agares is introduced by author do you think they are strong? or below average on the top 3 of the rookie 4?

2. Do you think the holy cross user will fall to saji? or to issei?

3. Do you still think Cao Cao is still human?

4. Can we consider current issei a technique type now due to recent upgrade beside his power and support role?

5. Do you think George and Leonardo will get an upgrade on the underworld?

6. Now I'm curious what will be the clan magic of agares
  • Rias has Power of Destruction
  • Sona has Water Manipulation
  • Sairaorg has Lion Taming
  • I do wonder what will be her power must read some research on agares

Last edited by kusabireika; 2014-04-07 at 06:42.
Closed Thread

Tags
wmg