AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 20:33   Link #41
DocBernax2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Lol. Well if you ask me, currently Sona's team seems to be the likely victor should they fight Rias' team again.
Don't think so. Then again, both teams have power up since their last match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
@DocBernax2814, there was one female Dragon. It appeared in the SS, Resurrection of Phoenix.
Really!? Was one of the dragons training with them a female? (have to pay more attention)
DocBernax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 20:35   Link #42
jopjopjop

I checked that SS.. the Sprite Dragon is a male but the gender of the Blizzard Dragon wasn't mentioned. The pronoun used was "it", so it can go either way.

~To me, its Rias' team. There are lots of additions/improvements to Rias' team after their Rating Game. Sona's team did became much stronger than they used to be with the addition of Rugal and Bennia, improvement of Saji, and the ASGs of the other members but I don't think, even with Sona's wits and intelligence, that they can scale well with the Gremory team.
jopjopjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 21:58   Link #43
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBernax2814 View Post
Damn Oppai Dragon!!!

Speaking of dragons, how come that there are more that 14 volumes and no female dragon has appeared.
Well, we do have Ophis. Granted, that dragon's more of an "it" than a "she", but I'm guessing that, since Ophis is basically copying what the girls of the ORC are doing, it'll be a female from now on.

And don't forget Tiamat! Granted, she hasn't appeared yet, but when that happens, it'll be fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
~To me, its Rias' team. There are lots of additions/improvements to Rias' team after their Rating Game. Sona's team did became much stronger than they used to be with the addition of Rugal and Bennia, improvement of Saji, and the ASGs of the other members but I don't think, even with Sona's wits and intelligence, that they can scale well with the Gremory team.
Yeah, if they ever do a Rating Game, Gremory's sheer power should overwhelm them. I mean, in the previous match, everything was for Sona, and the President still had to resort to tactics that were basically praying for the Gremory's to overuse their energy. In their next match, there's no way the rules should favor one team so much.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:29   Link #44
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Yeah, if they ever do a Rating Game, Gremory's sheer power should overwhelm them. I mean, in the previous match, everything was for Sona, and the President still had to resort to tactics that were basically praying for the Gremory's to overuse their energy. In their next match, there's no way the rules should favor one team so much.
On the other hand in the previous match, the Sitri's team was lacking a rook, a knight, and three pawns while the Gremory's was only missing one rook. With the various rules a Rating Game can have and the fact at least Rias, Issei, and Gasper will end up with alot of restrictions put on them during the games, once Sona gets a full team you could easily see it go either way.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:45   Link #45
jopjopjop

Even if they put restrictions to those three, their power is still overwhelming.

The thing that gave the Gremory team so much trouble in their Rating Game wasn't Sona's intelligence but the rule that restricted the teams from destroying the building or a part of it. If it wasn't for that rule, Sona can use all her wits but the most that she can do is defeat Gasper/Xenovia at that time.
Old 2014-04-15, 23:12   Link #46
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Even if they put restrictions to those three, their power is still overwhelming.

The thing that gave the Gremory team so much trouble in their Rating Game wasn't Sona's intelligence but the rule that restricted the teams from destroying the building or a part of it. If it wasn't for that rule, Sona can use all her wits but the most that she can do is defeat Gasper/Xenovia at that time.
indeed, Rias's peerage is specialized in pure power giving them a bull restriction as you can't damage the surroundings meant they were completely neutralized from the start.
they didn't have a chance especially with so many things going for sona remember that super hax reverse? that got banned from the games?
remember that bull leech issei's blood to take him down? remember that bull of saji not going down from being hit by issei's punches?!

yeah, everything was orcastrated so that rias's team would LOSE and yet they still WON!
give them a rematch and sona's team would get destroyed even with her new pieces/powers/etc.

i might even go as far as just pitting issei+kiba against sona's whole peerage and i'd still bet everything i owned on issei and kiba since their chances of utterly wrecking sona's team is so high it would be insane to even consider otherwise.
Old 2014-04-16, 01:18   Link #47
aw454wtr

Sona's group only really shines in rating games, in real life fights without rules they would be overwhelmed, even the stray magicians would have crushed them if it wasn't for the fact that sona had command of the gremory group

Also the sitri group is a one devil group, take sona out of the equation and the rest of the group will lose easily, unlike the gremory group which can still fight off powerful foes without Rias and Akeno as in vol 9
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 01:51   Link #48
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Sona's group only really shines in rating games, in real life fights without rules they would be overwhelmed, even the stray magicians would have crushed them if it wasn't for the fact that sona had command of the gremory group

Also the sitri group is a one devil group, take sona out of the equation and the rest of the group will lose easily, unlike the gremory group which can still fight off powerful foes without Rias and Akeno as in vol 9
Well, considering her grim reaper and her werewolf absolutely destroyed a bunch of vampires and then had enough energy to take out some evil dragons, I don't think it's just a "one devil group". Plus, her queen, Tsubaki, took out Xenovia and that was without even attaining Balance Breaker, which appears will happen soon. Oh yeah, and Sona has a freaking Dragon King who was able to inhibit a freaking god.

Her team's still strong enough to take on other teams fairly well. It's just that compared to Gremory, which is basically filled with uber-powerful characters throughout, they seem quite weak.
Old 2014-04-16, 02:00   Link #49
jopjopjop

In Xenovia's defense, she wasn't defeated because Tsubaki is stronger. She was countered because they didn't know that Tsubaki's SG "changed". If all tools are laid down the table, Xenovia would kick Tsubaki's ass.
Old 2014-04-16, 02:07   Link #50
teejmo

^True, especially since Xenovia's finally figuring out how to use Ex-Durandal... though it would be interesting what would happen once Tsubaki gets Balance Breaker. I'm not saying Xenovia would lose, but it could get interesting.
Old 2014-04-16, 02:45   Link #51
jopjopjop

Hmm. I have a speculation for Tsubaki's Balance Breaker. What if her BB allows instant transportation or something like that? A person/object can pass through a mirror and will arrive at another location.

Here's my basis on that.
  • Kiba said that her ability changed into a new ability (reflects attack). That means her BB might increase the power of the original ability, rather than the "changed" ability.
  • Before she was reincarnated into a Devil by Sona, she was isolated by her clan because of her trait that calls out to abnormal beings through her mirrors.

Imagine with Sona issuing orders, her team can go to any places(kinda redundant since they can just teleport ) or bombard enemies from afar by attacking through the mirrors.
Old 2014-04-16, 07:49   Link #52
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
indeed, Rias's peerage is specialized in pure power giving them a bull restriction as you can't damage the surroundings meant they were completely neutralized from the start.
they didn't have a chance especially with so many things going for sona remember that super hax reverse? that got banned from the games?
remember that bull leech issei's blood to take him down? remember that bull of saji not going down from being hit by issei's punches?!
yeah, everything was orcastrated so that rias's team would LOSE and yet they still WON!
give them a rematch and sona's team would get destroyed even with her new pieces/powers/etc.

i might even go as far as just pitting issei+kiba against sona's whole peerage and i'd still bet everything i owned on issei and kiba since their chances of utterly wrecking sona's team is so high it would be insane to even consider otherwise.
Actually, that was smart move by Sona. She knew that neither she or any member of her group was strong enough to Ise normally. So, she took advantage of the Rating Games special system that forces players to retire if their lives are in danger. In this case death due to lethal blood loss.

As for the reason as to, "Why didn't Saji stay down after being hit by Ise's punches ?" The reason for that was that Ise held back held back his power/strength. Issei simply didn't have the heart or will to fight Saji (his friend) with everything he had. Had Ise not held back, his fight with Saji would not have lasted as long as it did.

If a rematch did take place, things would be much different. But the end result (Rias's team wins) would probaly be the same.
Old 2014-04-16, 07:58   Link #53
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Well, considering her grim reaper and her werewolf absolutely destroyed a bunch of vampires and then had enough energy to take out some evil dragons, I don't think it's just a "one devil group". Plus, her queen, Tsubaki, took out Xenovia and that was without even attaining Balance Breaker, which appears will happen soon. Oh yeah, and Sona has a freaking Dragon King who was able to inhibit a freaking god.

Her team's still strong enough to take on other teams fairly well. It's just that compared to Gremory, which is basically filled with uber-powerful characters throughout, they seem quite weak.
Though even if tsubaki get's BB once xenovia masters excalibur ruler alone, there's no way xenovia is going to lose to tsubaki she can simply rule over her sacred gear's ability and one shot her with the ultimate holy sword kinda unfair to compare tsubaki chess value 9 with who has the traits of all other pieces with xenovia who is only a knight

the evil dragons that bennia and rugal took on were transformed from low level vampires, i doubt they can put up a fight if it was grendel or azi dahaka, besides Ise was wiping those evil dragon out and still have enough power to fight Euclid, so i doubt those grunt evil dragons are strong to begin with

Saji's dragon king is widely accepted as the weakest dragon king, i doubt saji would be able to take on fafnir let alone a heavenly dragon, he did hold loki, after loki had expended a significant amount of energy fighting Vali and Ise
Old 2014-04-16, 08:03   Link #54
jopjopjop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Actually, that was smart move by Sona. She knew that neither she or any member of her group was strong enough to Ise normally. So, she took advantage of the Rating Games special system that forces players to retire if their lives are in danger. In this case death due to lethal blood loss.

As for the reason as to, "Why didn't Saji stay down after being hit by Ise's punches ?" The reason for that was that Ise held back held back his power/strength. Issei simply didn't have the heart or will to fight Saji (his friend) with everything he had. Had Ise not held back, his fight with Saji would not have lasted as long as it did.

If a rematch did take place, things would be much different. But the end result (Rias's team wins) would probaly be the same.

But that is because the Gremory team were made to dance in Sona's tune.

The stacks are heavily favored in Sona's team to the point that it isn't absurd to call it cheating. Think about it, they were able to implement the blood sucking strategy in the most suitable environment.
Their only way to defeat Issei is to use their strategy revolving Saji. If the "no large-scale destruction" wasn't implemented, the Gremory team would've blitzed the Sitri team down and defeat them way before that strategy would bear fruit.

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-04-16 at 08:16.
Old 2014-04-16, 08:48   Link #55
aw454wtr

Quote:
But that is because the Gremory team were made to dance in Sona's tune.

The stacks are heavily favored in Sona's team to the point that it isn't absurd to call it cheating. Think about it, they were able to implement the blood sucking strategy in the most suitable environment.
Their only way to defeat Issei is to use their strategy revolving Saji. If the "no large-scale destruction" wasn't implemented, the Gremory team would've blitzed the Sitri team down and defeat them way before that strategy would bear fruit.
Now if the dice rule was used, wonder how well that would have gone for the sitri team
Old 2014-04-16, 09:02   Link #56
Gary29
Not Bennia Lover

I don't think Sitri would be able to handle Dice Rule well at all. Aside from Bennia, Rugal and maybe Tsubaki, they aren't fit for 1-on-1 battles. Gremory would easily crush them.
Old 2014-04-16, 09:14   Link #57
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post

nobody is saying it wasn't a smart move it was an excellent move and also VERY CHEAP.
sona held nothing back while rias was still considering it a friendly sparring match yet once her pieces went down one by one (especially issei) they all knew they should've taken it more seriously.

it was a match to strengthen rias's resolve and push them all into getting stronger.
it was just that sona's team had to use cheap moves/cheat moves to even stand a chance that's why im kinda miffed about that whole match.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:38   Link #58
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary29 View Post
I don't think Sitri would be able to handle Dice Rule well at all. Aside from Bennia, Rugal and maybe Tsubaki, they aren't fit for 1-on-1 battles. Gremory would easily crush them.
You beat me to the punch, in a Dice rule game it would be a slaughter.

The Sitri group has some great ASG that match up great with the groups ability's but there mostly support types.

What made me scratch my head was when Sirzechs gave Saji the MVP medal for defeating Ise, but did he really defeat Ise?

True Ise later had to retire but before he did Bilingual laid Sona's plan bare allowing The ORC to win.

So who had more effect on the outcome of the match, Saji just making Ise retire or Ise providing the information to allow the ORC to win the match?

So who was really the MVP.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:42   Link #59
jopjopjop

Consolation prize for being punched to a pulp.
Old 2014-04-16, 10:49   Link #60
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Consolation prize for being punched to a pulp.
felt like the whole mvp thing was just sirzechs going good job on staying alive here's a thingy to make you feel better.

(while secretly giggling inside going jeez issei hold back next time... ooh the irony...)