AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-27, 12:40   Link #521
RDNexus

The whole tension and drama of the Rating Game itself feels a bit forced to me, that's all.
I'm not sure how I can better describe what I've been feeling during this situation...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:07   Link #522
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
The whole tension and drama of the Rating Game itself feels a bit forced to me, that's all.
I'm not sure how I can better describe what I've been feeling during this situation...
It always felt that way. What makes it worse is Sairaorg being a bro and Ise tried to kill his queen in an immature rage. Regulus even stopped his attack before he killed Rias.

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-06-27 at 13:18.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:08   Link #523
Lucidrago

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider555 View Post
But it seem that the retiring systems aren't always effective as certain attacks can surpass it speed. Like when Ise's Triana Rook was about to crush Kuisha, or Sairaorg nearly killed Ise with his BxB. Other attacks that could surpass it's speed are Extinguished Star, Longinus Smasher, Apollo's light pillar, Vali's Reduce Venom or Ise's Blazing Inferno of Scorching Flames.
Depends on the opponent you're facing. Generally most devils will die from those attacks. But in the current arc of the light novel, there would be some opponents who could survive that.

There's just some things you just don't use and you should be smart enough not to use. That's why there are limitations to certain teams in Rating Games when facing weaker opponents.

@xrick It may be forced because the anime can't show everyrhing. That is kind of a pet peeve of mine. How anime adapt the source material and adds in trivial stuff but then can't completely follow through on what they adapt. So yeah the emotional scenes do seem a bit out-of-nowhere in the anime itself.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:27   Link #524
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
It always felt that way. What makes it worse is Sairaorg being a bro and Ise tried to kill his queen in an immature rage. Regulus even stopped his attack before he killed Rias.
He didn't try to kill her...he wasn't able to hold back and even warned her of the danger. Issei is driven by his emotions, sometimes that gives him power, sometimes it's a liability.
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 13:32   Link #525
Lucidrago

He didn't try to kill her. He was going to kill her had Sairaorg not forcefully retired her.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:41   Link #526
Lucidrago

We're talking about Issei vs Kuisha. Not Rias vs Regulus.

They should have had his punch destroy the colosseum like in the light novel.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:41   Link #527
Parry999

Attacking someone with enough force that he knows would kill her if she didn't put all her power into defense. Heard her say no attacked anyway. Not an attack meant to kill sure. Sairaorg even had a line if I recall in volume 10 about it. Found it
Quote:
[…………I made Kuisha retire forcefully. At that rate, she would have been killed by Sekiryuutei. You were trying to kill her, were you not?]

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-06-27 at 13:54.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:51   Link #528
Lucidrago

Well he knew he couldn't stop himself and that's why he told her to put up as many defensive barriers as she could so she could safely retire. He knew he couldn't control himself and thus gave her a warning.

Besides that wasn't the power he usually releases. Sacred Gears respond to feelings and desires. Issei getting angry can allow him to surpass the limits of his current power. For example, when about to fight Diodora, his 2 minute preheat period for his Balance Breaker was shortened by his anger. Or in Volume 1 when he boosted to the level of a high-class devil.

That just proves that Issei is still emotionally immature. Which is understandable because of his nature but almost caused someone their life in a Rating Game.

When you have a Longinus that can kill gods then you REALLY need to watch your emotions.
Old 2018-06-27, 13:59   Link #529
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Well he knew he couldn't stop himself and that's why he told her to put up as many defensive barriers as she could so she could safely retire. He knew he couldn't control himself and thus gave her a warning.

Besides that wasn't the power he usually releases. Sacred Gears respond to feelings and desires. Issei getting angry can allow him to surpass the limits of his current power. For example, when about to fight Diodora, his 2 minute preheat period for his Balance Breaker was shortened by his anger. Or in Volume 1 when he boosted to the level of a high-class devil.

That just proves that Issei is still emotionally immature. Which is understandable because of his nature but almost caused someone their life in a Rating Game.

When you have a Longinus that can kill gods then you REALLY need to watch your emotions.
So you agree with my orginal post know?
Old 2018-06-27, 14:16   Link #530
Lucidrago

Yes. Just saying that It's hard for someone to watch their friends get mercilessly defeated. While he did try to brace himself for that, he wasn't quite ready.

While It's understandable, it was still emotionally immature and Issei almost killed someone in a Rating Game. Not intentionally. But letting your emotions get the better of you when you have a Longinus and being in a Rating Game just can't be overlooked. Luckily the worst-case scenario was avoided. But that's something Issei needs to work on. It just can't be excused due to 'he's not experienced.'
Old 2018-06-27, 22:35   Link #531
aw454wtr

It's a RG; it's not like Triania is capable of overwhelming the retiring system, it takes something to the level of longinus smasher to do that as even infinity blaster did not kill anyone in the Issei vs Sona match, it's merely sairaorg speculation that Issei could have killed his queen
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 00:11   Link #532
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
even infinity blaster did not kill anyone in the Issei vs Sona match,
I'm quite sure he didn't hit anyone with that. Only the field.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 04:19   Link #533
Lucidrago

He did take out two of Barakiel's team members with it who got caught up in the blast.

Regularly, Issei's Triana wouldn't surpass the retiring system. But his anger was causing it to surpass its limits. It was more powerful than it would regularly be. Sacred Gears are powered by feelings and desires. And Boosted Gear is a Longinus.
Old 2018-06-28, 06:10   Link #534
XFire
150% done

It also happened in the RG tournament designed to include gods. Presumably steps were taken to enhance the safety measures.
Old 2018-06-28, 09:18   Link #535
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

So can you guys make out which Excalibur is which during the Durandal exposition?
I can make out the good old Excalibur Destruction & the japanese sword version of Excalibur Mimic

But the rest are a bit fuzzy since we only see split shots of them

The curved one seems to be Rapidly
The one with the golden bow wrapped around to seems to be Blessing
The one with green markings seems to be Nightmare
And the straight one seems to be Transparency
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 12:14   Link #536
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

Spoiler for pin-up scan from Megami August:
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 10:07   Link #537
Lucidrago

Is it just me or does anyone think that 'The Fun Gremory Family' would have made the perfect prelude to the season if adapted? I mean we could have been properly introduced to Ajuka and Falbium, got the idea where Rias' and Issei's relationship was going, learned about Sirzechs and Grayfia, and seen Sirzechs in action. Not to mention Ajuka adjusting Issei's evil pieces(just pretend Born never existed). But that's a lost hope now.
Old 2018-06-30, 10:52   Link #538
Lex79

Maybe they could adapt it in an OAV. But for anime only viewer it was too important to rewrite the ending of born.
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 15:14   Link #539
Lucidrago

It's too late now. It's not a simple side story that can be adapted anytime. But it directly relates to the main story. While all of the side stories are canon, the extra side stories are very important to the main plot.
Old 2018-07-03, 05:17   Link #540
Chaos & Destruction

Episode 12 Preview
Last fight
Dream vs Dream
Man vs Man
Crimson Dragon vs Golden Lion
Sekiryuutei vs Shishiou
Life.MAXIMUM VS Power.MAXIMUM
BOOOSTO!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rtK9RWZoaI