Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 02:21   Link #501
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon TY View Post
I saw FMP a few years ago it was an awesome show from what I remember but if they ruined that as well I don't know what will happen to me.
You will be just even more happy to watch the new season if there will be one
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 16:15   Link #502
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If Rosshi was a pervert and bald and wears glasses I might reconsider, but no.
The only ting that would be missing is the Bald part, but the other parts where there, and He was the best thing in the movie.

I for one can say that the Movie is not a good movie, however it is not the Crap some reviewers (not talking about poster here, rather that newspaper and Tv Critics.) are trying to make it look like.

Here is the deal, the last Indiana Jones received Positive reviews from a lot of Critics (including Ebert) and IMO, DBE was a better movie than Indiana Jones. So for one, those Critics who come out and give very positive reviews to movie that don’t deserve it, whereas they give negative reviews to movies that have more or less the same quality, are just either been Biased or they are Paid to give good reviews.

The first thing that happened to me is that I went with the expectations that I was going to see the most horrible movie I Have ever seen, and when I saw the movie, those things that sucked didn’t bothered me (except the last fight that was too short) because I was not expecting anything remotely good from the movie, I just went as a casual fan that just wanted to get entertained.

So, there can be people that see the movie, or either complaint about how it goes against how the Toriyama story went, or how it looks like a bad B movie, but for me, I paid my money, I had a few laugh, a few observations, and a few chuckles and Goosebumps with, believe or not, small details that are homage to the Anime series (and there are some here and there).

And thats is really what movies are for, to get entertained and not go and see them to just analize the Good and the bad.
Old 2009-04-21, 14:21   Link #503
Alchemist007
*Author

Don't know if this has been posted but I freaking LOL'd
http://io9.com/5220204/french-stage-...agonballs-goku
Old 2009-04-21, 14:51   Link #504
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Overreaction o0 a little bit.
If the had followed the story more probably it would have been a much better movie since the actors fit into their roles.

And what Rurik said is right, there are a lot of movies which were underrated but which were really good and some that were overrated like hell.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:04   Link #505
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
The only ting that would be missing is the Bald part, but the other parts where there, and He was the best thing in the movie.

I for one can say that the Movie is not a good movie, however it is not the Crap some reviewers (not talking about poster here, rather that newspaper and Tv Critics.) are trying to make it look like.

Here is the deal, the last Indiana Jones received Positive reviews from a lot of Critics (including Ebert) and IMO, DBE was a better movie than Indiana Jones. So for one, those Critics who come out and give very positive reviews to movie that don’t deserve it, whereas they give negative reviews to movies that have more or less the same quality, are just either been Biased or they are Paid to give good reviews.

The first thing that happened to me is that I went with the expectations that I was going to see the most horrible movie I Have ever seen, and when I saw the movie, those things that sucked didn’t bothered me (except the last fight that was too short) because I was not expecting anything remotely good from the movie, I just went as a casual fan that just wanted to get entertained.

So, there can be people that see the movie, or either complaint about how it goes against how the Toriyama story went, or how it looks like a bad B movie, but for me, I paid my money, I had a few laugh, a few observations, and a few chuckles and Goosebumps with, believe or not, small details that are homage to the Anime series (and there are some here and there).

And thats is really what movies are for, to get entertained and not go and see them to just analize the Good and the bad.
I was so not entertained by this movie and lol at the funeral.
Old 2009-04-21, 20:10   Link #506
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangalowres View Post
That's that problem with people these days if the movie(show) is not 100% is it should be in their opionen it is a bad movie.
Why is it so hard to see the work people used to make something and admit that something is entertaining ?
Because it is wrong to have an own opinion today ...

It is like those SAW movies, those are not worth watching in my opinion but everyone seems to like them ...
SAW movies are pointless. The plot line is basically the same, and you make a good prediction pertaining to which character will die first in Jigsaw's trap. Just senseless torture, and the torture isn't even that bad compared to other movies.
Old 2009-04-22, 19:17   Link #507
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I've got a mix of emotions. I lolled for the situation, but i was embarassed to see people doing something like this.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:14   Link #508
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
i can't remeber which movie studio is doing Dragonball movie but they should do taht outside the studio. have a picture of Dragonball the anime and the manga and then have people leaving flowers on it outside the studio.
Old 2009-04-25, 21:50   Link #509
Marion
The Great Dine

Watched the Evolution movie a couple weeks ago during spring break. I went in having low expectations. I mean REALLY low expectations.

Spoiler for Review: Overall - 2/5:

Overall:

The movie was awful and full of fail and the sad part is that it didn't HAVE to be full of fail. Silly mistakes caused this. Then again, I feel like the movie was made for a different generation of kids to see - not the generation that grew up watching DragonBall(Z) on Cartoon Network in the 90's and late 80's.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 00:05   Link #510
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 15:32   Link #511
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Dragonball 2: Reborn is planned for 2011.

the studios really want to milk this.
Old 2010-11-14, 16:16   Link #512
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
I just found the old Dragonball movie from 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjHXn...eature=related
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFB0PH9H
It's still better than Evolution; trust me.

Enjoy the cheese

Last edited by roriconfan; 2010-11-14 at 18:20.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 17:11   Link #513
AnimeFan188

"Dragon Ball fans have firmly buried their collective faces in their palms with the realisation that
2012 may well be the end, for their precious manga if nothing else – a second Dragon Ball
movie adaptation is apparently in the works.

Known only as “Untitled Dragon Ball Reboot” so far, information is thankfully scant – protagonist
Son Goku will supposedly be played by Jon Foo, known for roles in a number of mid-profile
action and martial arts movies."

See:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...due-not-again/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 20:27   Link #514
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"Dragon Ball fans have firmly buried their collective faces in their palms with the realisation that
2012 may well be the end, for their precious manga if nothing else – a second Dragon Ball
movie adaptation is apparently in the works.

Known only as “Untitled Dragon Ball Reboot” so far, information is thankfully scant – protagonist
Son Goku will supposedly be played by Jon Foo, known for roles in a number of mid-profile
action and martial arts movies."

See:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...due-not-again/
i hope they learn their lesson and make a good live action adaptation this time, Hollywood sucks at adapting anime
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 18:56   Link #515
AnimeFan188

Dragon Ball Re-Rape Reprieve – “It’s Nonsense!”

"Dragon Ball seems to have been granted a temporary reprieve from further
violations, for the new project has been denied in totality by its supposed
scriptwriter.

In between ranting about the evils of the mass media of which he is a part,
scriptwriter Kazuaki Kiriya denies the reports about a new movie in no uncertain
terms:"

See:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...-its-nonsense/

I guess we're safe...... For now.....
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 03:55   Link #516
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
We can only hope. Something this horrible should never be allowed to have a sequel. I mean sequels struggle to be better than the original and with something this horrible....the movie could very well destroy humanity as we know it.
Old 2011-02-15, 03:57   Link #517
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
As if DBGT and KAI weren't enough...
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 05:28   Link #518
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
As if DBGT and KAI weren't enough...
only bad about DBKAI is that they did not remade the animation but the story pacing of KAI is more better than DBZ
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote