AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-12-23, 13:05   Link #501
Lucidrago

My predictions for the other matches:

Cao Cao vs Surtr: Surtr wins. Cao Cao makes a very impressive showing but is unable to overcome the giant whose flames can even burn gods. Cao Cao and his team deal a major blow to Surtr and his team but they come up short and lose the match. Similar to Rias vs Vali in Volume 24.

Ruval vs Typhon: Ruval wins this one. Being a top Rating Game player, he manages to win with his team of immortals and the Longinus possessor on his team. And because of problems within the Greek mythology, it requires Apollo's full attention and he can't participate in the game.

Dulio vs Tobio: Dulio wins. I see this as the most logical outcome for a match that's going to be explained in the briefest terms. And Dulio's team has the advantage of both the evil pieces and Brave Saints and has the 7th tanker of the Rating Games as their team's coach. While I see a bunch of people saying Vali vs Tobio makes sense for the ploy because of their connection, I just don't see it happening.

These 3 matches are going to have logical conclusions because of the fact they're not going to be covered in detail.

Vali vs Sun Wukong: Vali wins.

Now in my view, I don't see either Issei or Vali winning. And I don't see both of them making it to the semifinals.

And in my view, Issei is going to lose against Diehauser.

In my view, Vali may lose to Dulio.

I want them to win their matches but they have the uphill battle in my opinion.

And in my view, Dulio may win this thing. Ishibumi seems to like making the angels look good and may have Dulio win to have Dulio's and Rudiger's wish granted.

And another thing is that I think the winner of the Azazel Cup won't be Issei or Vali, but the one that defeats both Issei and Vali.

Just my prediction.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 15:30   Link #502
TatsuyaGod

I get this is your prediction but I’m sorry the fact that you have predicted Ise to lose his first two matches is but pure blasphemy. Ise is the main character. He will be in the final without a doubt. He will find a way to beat The Champion and move on. I understand it’s your opinion and you have that right but I literally don’t understand how you can go against Ise both times.
TatsuyaGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 15:44   Link #503
TommyG

I'm curious people seem to think Issei will need True DxD G to face Diehauser because Rizevim's sacred gear canceller couldn't stop that mode so Worthless won't work on it, but surely theirs a limit based on power? Rizevim was a super devil while Diehauser is only maou class, so shouldn't puesdo DxD be enough to get past Worthless?
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 17:14   Link #504
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatsuyaGod View Post
I get this is your prediction but I’m sorry the fact that you have predicted Ise to lose his first two matches is but pure blasphemy. Ise is the main character. He will be in the final without a doubt. He will find a way to beat The Champion and move on. I understand it’s your opinion and you have that right but I literally don’t understand how you can go against Ise both times.
So Issei losing against Dulio in Volume 23 was blasphemy? Again It's just a prediction.

And can you prove that Issei will be in the finals without a doubt?

One is that Worthless works very differently from Sacred Gear Canceller. Just because DxD G cancelled out the effects of Rizevim's Sacred Gear Canceller doesn't mean it'll be the exact same situation with Worthless. Worthless is able to make specific abilities worthless and it works on a wider scale compared to Sacred Gear Canceller. As with Worthless, Diehauser can even make inanimate objects worthless. Or he can even make the retiring system of the Rating Games worthlrss.

So I don't think we should be comparing Sacred Gear Canceller to Worthless as they are two different abilities.
Old 2018-12-23, 22:07   Link #505
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
My predictions for the other matches:

Dulio vs Tobio: Dulio wins. I see this as the most logical outcome for a match that's going to be explained in the briefest terms. And Dulio's team has the advantage of both the evil pieces and Brave Saints and has the 7th tanker of the Rating Games as their team's coach. While I see a bunch of people saying Vali vs Tobio makes sense for the ploy because of their connection, I just don't see it happening.
You're not accounting for the fact that Rudiger's strategical approach is incredibly ill-suited to Tobio's team. Rudiger's strategies are psychological in nature, he's at his optimal by knowing the mental weaknesses of his opponents and exploiting them. However, this also means that his approach is heavily dependent on knowledge of the enemy team, and the Slash Dog team are black operatives, secret agents. Their info is not nearly as accessible as normal so Rudiger is not as large of an advantage as you are making him out to be.

There's also the issue that seeing as how Tobio even in his base BxB could absolutely trash an executive-class Grim Reaper like it was nothing, it is very likely that in his Abyss Side he's much more powerful than Dulio. There's also Lavinia who will very likely use her Balance Breaker too, along with the Four Fiends Sacred Gears which are all explicitly top-class. I'm not even counting the support of Japanese Gods and Tobio's team seems to have the much bigger chances.

That, and there's also the issue that from a meta perspective, there's much more benefit to Tobio winning than Dulio. Tobio vs Vali match has much more narrative relevance due to the character dynamics and history involved, and it also has lots of publicity value to increase interest in the Slash Dog light novel.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 22:42   Link #506
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
You're not accounting for the fact that Rudiger's strategical approach is incredibly ill-suited to Tobio's team. Rudiger's strategies are psychological in nature, he's at his optimal by knowing the mental weaknesses of his opponents and exploiting them. However, this also means that his approach is heavily dependent on knowledge of the enemy team, and the Slash Dog team are black operatives, secret agents. Their info is not nearly as accessible as normal so Rudiger is not as large of an advantage as you are making him out to be.

There's also the issue that seeing as how Tobio even in his base BxB could absolutely trash an executive-class Grim Reaper like it was nothing, it is very likely that in his Abyss Side he's much more powerful than Dulio. There's also Lavinia who will very likely use her Balance Breaker too, along with the Four Fiends Sacred Gears which are all explicitly top-class. I'm not even counting the support of Japanese Gods and Tobio's team seems to have the much bigger chances.

That, and there's also the issue that from a meta perspective, there's much more benefit to Tobio winning than Dulio. Tobio vs Vali match has much more narrative relevance due to the character dynamics and history involved, and it also has lots of publicity value to increase interest in the Slash Dog light novel.
Tobios team is superior to Dulio's volume 23 team yes. But Dulio himself has frozen an entire grim reaper army. His a Joker whose fought Crom and Issei. He also has the second strongest scared gear. We have also never seen him use it to the fullest. Tobio and Dulio probably aren't that far off in power at all.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 23:29   Link #507
Djeveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Tobios team is superior to Dulio's volume 23 team yes. But Dulio himself has frozen an entire grim reaper army. His a Joker whose fought Crom and Issei. He also has the second strongest scared gear. We have also never seen him use it to the fullest. Tobio and Dulio probably aren't that far off in power at all.
Crom Cruach was holding back a lot when he fought Dulio. After all, BxB Dulio was perfectly matched by partial PDxD Issei despite having the advantage of light against him.
Djeveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-23, 23:36   Link #508
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeveler View Post
Crom Cruach was holding back a lot when he fought Dulio. After all, BxB Dulio was perfectly matched by partial PDxD Issei despite having the advantage of light against him.
Dulio is a long range fighter fightning in close range with a satan class with a Heavenly Dragon class arm. That is actually a great showing for the guy.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 05:00   Link #509
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Considering we don't know everyone that's on Tobio's team, we can't say that for certain.

@Djeveler That argument about them being black operatives doesn't really matter much since right now they are competing in the Azazel Cup and he is sure to research them thoroughly and have data on them that he can use against them.

And Dulio has the 2nd most powerful Longinus and even fought Crom Cruach in Volume 18. So if I had to give someone the edge in power, I would give it to Dulio just because of his higher-ranked Longinus and all the things he is able to do with it.

Again Dulio's team defeated Issei's in Volume 23 if you don't remember. And like Tobio's team has blessings and support from the Japanese gods, Dulio's team is sure to have blessings and support from Heaven.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-12-24 at 14:15.
Old 2018-12-24, 06:06   Link #510
Emperor of D.

If Issei beats Diehauser, I can imagine Rias feeling super salty about it. Issei's journey at being a better king is going really well. He definitely has potential to be a better king than his master.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 06:49   Link #511
Elmenhilde Lover

Predictions for V3

Balberith confessing the fan letter was his to Ise face-to-face
Balberith fighting Sonneilon and Gressil (possibly Verrine too) to protect Issei
Issei x Yasaka scene
Double proposal from Kunou and Yasaka
Issei gets a new peerage member that's a youkai
Ruval has Aten on his team
Elmenhilde Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 08:01   Link #512
AzazelDxD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmenhilde Lover View Post
Predictions for V3

Balberith confessing the fan letter was his to Ise face-to-face
Balberith fighting Sonneilon and Gressil (possibly Verrine too) to protect Issei
Issei x Yasaka scene
Double proposal from Kunou and Yasaka
Issei gets a new peerage member that's a youkai
Ruval has Aten on his team
I am sure that the people will consider this one gay scene.. Unfortunatelly Balberith only has kid mind.. I hope that we see one Balberith+Verrine image..

Balberith(I should fight for protect my "father)+Verrine against these 2.. Erebus against Issei..

I want that scene too. Is Yasaka introduction(in anime) fault but specially Shin dxd 2 fault.. Without that surprise that idea wouldnīt exist in my mind because I would still consider it impossible..

We all want the proposal..

Are you saying that Yasaka or Kunou(more easy) will turn into a devil?
I canīt see him adding one 3rd unknown nine-tailed fox too..

I hope that he has Atem too.. He needs strong and special beings to defeat Gods Alliance.

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2018-12-24 at 08:12.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 08:53   Link #513
godz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
I am sure that the people will consider this one gay scene.. Unfortunatelly Balberith only has kid mind.. I hope that we see one Balberith+Verrine image..

Balberith(I should fight for protect my "father)+Verrine against these 2.. Erebus against Issei..

I want that scene too. Is Yasaka introduction(in anime) fault but specially Shin dxd 2 fault.. Without that surprise that idea wouldnīt exist in my mind because I would still consider it impossible..

I hope that he has Atem too.. He needs strong and special beings to defeat Gods Alliance.
Aten is most likely to be sealed against trixeha, because as it was said the mythologies took their best fighters and aten is for what we know Strongest of the Egyptians.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 09:05   Link #514
TommyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post

The new Youkai servant doesn't have to be a kitsune, their are more youkai at the western faction he could reincarnate, in volume 9 their were tengu their as well. Personally I'm hoping for a tanuki.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 11:27   Link #515
fan

@Emeperor of D Rias isn't going to care that issei beat the champion . if anything she is going to happy that he beat him. this arc isn't going to make issei a better king than Rias . this arc is about issei learning how to be a king

Last edited by fan; 2018-12-24 at 11:53.
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 12:01   Link #516
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan View Post
@Emeperor of D Rias isn't going to care that issei beat the champion . if anything she is going to happy that he beat him. this arc isn't going to make issei a better king than Rias . this arc is about issei learning how to be a king
That is true, Rias would be proud but @Emperor of D isn't saying that Issei is a better King than Rias now but that he has the potential to be a better King. Which is actually quite true because his charisma is way more impressive and what he accomplished.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 12:20   Link #517
fan

@Blazor98 i am going to neutral about issei's potential at being a better king . remember Rias got two longinus in her peerage .

But what I find the scariest is the fated meeting Rias has. Her talent to gather her servants is on par with her brother, or her fated meeting is that of a Maou-class.
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 12:29   Link #518
cyberdemon

It could be possible that depending on the unreadiness of Ingvild that Rias may take on the role of Issei’s queen for the battle
Old 2018-12-24, 12:51   Link #519
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
@Blazor98 i am going to neutral about issei's potential at being a better king . remember Rias got two longinus in her peerage .

But what I find the scariest is the fated meeting Rias has. Her talent to gather her servants is on par with her brother, or her fated meeting is that of a Maou-class.
How does her having 2 longinus wielders in her peerage make her a better king? Maybe better at gathering talent or powerful beings, but that wouldn't be how you gauge someone as a king.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-24, 12:55   Link #520
Blazor 98

Quote:

Here's the difference, Rias was drawn to Issei. It was Issei who summoned Rias. And It's because of Issei being a Heavenly Dragon that the abnormal growth of everyone started to show. Now let's look at their rating game teams.

Rias had to go to Crom and Strada and make deals in exchange for their services and Lint was given to her. But all of Issei's team members came to him of their own accord. Also look at how Ingvild. Her existence is abnormal as Vali and she came to him. Issei's charisma has earned him many allies and he has inspired many people. Gasper was a shut in at the start of the series but due to Issei's influence, Gasper changed. Asia has also changed because of Issei. He even befriended Ophis and Lilith.

Not only that but former enemies like Vali and Riser, whom once looked on Issei has learned to respect him. Cao Cao even changed because of Issei. Gods like Vidar has come to respect him. Issei went from a low class nobody to the most famous devil known throughout every faction because of his charisma and power. That's why he has the potential to be a better King than Rias.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote